Community > Posts By > swampfox1980

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:53 AM
ever notice that the A/C is always broken in the portta-potties? they need to send out a service tech to fix em...probally got a freon leak

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:52 AM
yeah..I'll go in the woods behind the site, or pop open a manhole that hasn't been connected first

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:47 AM
Just punt, and when they get up, laugh and say 'Payback's a B**HC ain't it?'

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:43 AM

No, because it's still the regular working stiff that gets the shaft either way!!

100% every time. I work hard to help support all those welfare families. Nothing against helping someone out, but if you won't help yerself, I got nothing for ya

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:37 AM
yep...I got one about a little me, from family 'story times'. We (me and my parents) were at a Christmas party at my Dad's boss' house. They were all standing around drinking beer or whatever, and I had to go. I told Dad, and he says to me If you gotta go, then go. So, there in front of the whole crowd, little 'ol me drops trou and I go. In front of the boss, clients, coworkers and all...and I couldn't even get in trouble cause he told me to go..

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:31 AM
Don't get me wrong...I believe in only one intercessor betwix us and the Almighty. And it sure ain't a priest

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:19 AM
I keep enough 'junk' in my truck so that even if the world ends like in the movies (disease, alien invasion, zombie uprising et cetera) I'll still be able to survive and be able to help repopulate the earth...assuming all the girls aren't alien hostages or gnawing at my skull...

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:11 AM
um...yeah...never had that problem. If she cooks, I eat. Its a whole lot better than what I'd screw up. With the exception of a grill...that's about all I cook on. Kind of hard to mess up hot meat

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:06 AM
Edited by swampfox1980 on Sat 02/07/09 08:08 AM

My take on this, being the 'dumb ol countryboy' I am...have all the tractors you want. I'll keep the horses, for a simple reason. Horses make baby horses, so you can still have horses when the old ones wear out. John Deere tractors don't make little John Deere tractors, so when the old tractor wears out, you're outta luck

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:01 AM
An old man I know once told me this about Mardi Gras...(old Catholic Irish)

Whatever ye do there, ye do. In the morning ye get up, go to Confession and say three Our Fathers and three Hail Marys, and Bob's yer uncle and yer alright with the Almighty again. He gave us guilt because he gave us sin, and Confession because he gave us guilt...in the great plan all three cancel each other out. Do what ye want.

from the old man I know

no photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:55 AM
Hell, a case or three of Killians is all I'd need

no photo
Fri 02/06/09 03:03 PM
How about Dracula: The Dark Prince? All about Vlad Impaler. Ruler of the country...shoving people on stakes and watching em slide down....eventually getting ex-communicated from Rome and killed...no body in the grave...best 'vampire' movie I've seen

no photo
Wed 02/04/09 05:19 PM
Interesting read, but did He not say that He would come as a thief in the night? and no man, but the Father Himself would know the date of His return? If someone says, 'On this date, He will return'...by that very act, the person is trying to predict (or divine) God's will. 2012 is just a year, last year of the ancient Mayam calender, yes, but just another year unless God wills it. No matter what ANY priest, preacher or other person claims

no photo
Wed 02/04/09 05:10 PM
I admit, the songs cannot convey what I feel, but Amazing Grace...on a single set of bagpipes... it stirrs the soul from bottom to top

no photo
Wed 02/04/09 05:05 PM
Myself...I was raised in a Baptist family, yet I wandered in the world. I have walked many 'paths', yet I always knew, deep within, that there was something I was Seeking. After a rough span about five years ago, I followed in my father's (and his father's, and up through more than a few generations) footsteps and joined the Lodge, and the same year I bent knee and found forgiveness. I was baptized last year at the church down the road, and between the Lodge and Church, I've come to find my place in this world...

no photo
Wed 02/04/09 04:57 PM
As for the original question in this thread, should we converse with the 'die-hard' atheists (among other beliefs)...was that not part of the great Comission given to the apostles? to spread the Word throughout ALL the lands? just my thoughts...

no photo
Wed 02/04/09 03:43 PM
I seen one that had the wafflehouse letters that said "I LOVE CATS......scattered smothered topped and chunked."

no photo
Wed 02/04/09 03:13 PM
The Cube....in a big damn box and can't get out

no photo
Wed 01/28/09 08:52 PM
'Brave New World' and 'Heaven and Hell' by Huxley
'Earth Abides' by ???? good post-apocalyptic book
'Through the Lookingglass' and 'Alice's Adventures in wonderland" by Carrol

no photo
Wed 01/28/09 08:45 PM
got one I like drawn up, no ink yet....a skeleton bagpiper in Scottish kilt...walking up a cliff over the ocean with a full moon and a few wispy clouds