Community > Posts By > Maxisu

Maxisu's photo
Mon 11/16/15 03:07 PM

I went to a local deli last week. A guy ordered a salad bar salad. He then proceeded to feed all four of his family with all-you-can-eat stuff from the salad bar. One of his kids (looked about six) took the drink cup to the soda fountain and got a soft drink. He didn't like the flavor so he spit the mouthful out onto the floor in front of the parents who never said a word.

noway

Maxisu's photo
Mon 11/16/15 02:27 PM
Edited by Maxisu on Mon 11/16/15 02:27 PM

So happy it finally passed!

yes...thanks !!! :banana: drinker bigsmile

I hope we are not talking kidney stones.

no...nothing dramatic...just some issues with my car...everything is fine now...finally...:-)

flowerforyou

Maxisu's photo
Mon 11/16/15 10:23 AM

So no one wants to blame the Muslims, cause we'll hurt their feelings, and allegedly demonize them unfairly. It would be 'Islamophobic' in terms of current politically correct thinking.

So when someone is going to be stupid enough to accuse me of being 'phobic' about Islam, I simply provide them with facts.

1) Since 9/11 there have been over 27,000 terrorist attacks committed by Muslims.
2) Islam purports to be a religion of peace, and it's 'only a few misguided souls' who are perverting the religion. So let's look at the reality. Words of Muslims themselves. We do that by reviewing the information provided by polls taken of Muslim thoughts and attitudes.

- 25%of British Muslims thought the 7/7 suicide bombers were justified.
- 31% of Turks support suicide bombings against westerners that are in Iraq
- 32% of Palestinians support the killings of Israeli families, including their children.
- The following stats reflect the number of people who support attacks on Americans around the world Egypt 61% Indonesia 32% Pakistan 41% Moroccans 38% Palestinians 83% Jordanians 62%
- Muslims who think that suicide bombings are acceptable to defend Islam Indonesia 15% Nigeria 34 Brits 35% French 42% German 22% Spain 29% and finally 26% of American Muslims.

Of note is that American Muslims, who say they identify strongly with their religion are THREE HUNDRED PERCENT more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justifiable.

All stats are from Pew Research 2007-2010. There is no reason to believe Muslims have become any less agreeable in their thinking on these topics since then.

Proof however of how unfocused the fight against Islam is can be shown in the following. Democratic candidate for Minnesota state legislature Dan Kimmel tweeted out on Saturday night during the Democratic debate "ISIS isn't necessarily evil. It is made up of people doing what they think is best for their community." Following the uproar over his post, he walked it back, and then retired from the race at the request of the Democratic Party.

"There is no reason to believe Muslims have become any less agreeable in their thinking on these topics since then."

I absolutely agree with this and the numbers are to be taken seriously and have probably increased.

and I also re-iterate what I have said earlier...- the work needs to be done to fasten actions....specially here in Europe. It's for that reason France has put the country into "emergency"...

I don't feel security has increased specially because police doesn't or can't take actions. The laws are pretty loose...

On the other hand...all those figures also show that not ALL muslims are terrorists or potential terrorists...and phobia is not going to help.

Those Daech members should also stop being regarded as "smart" and "having any culture" at all...not more than any other violent gang member...they are desperate and suicidal people trying to find a cause.

Someone said they are not mass-murderers ? I'm sorry...they are.
What makes a mass murderer better ?

They all snap...

Maxisu's photo
Mon 11/16/15 09:45 AM

So happy it finally passed!

yes...thanks !!! :banana: drinker bigsmile

Maxisu's photo
Sat 11/14/15 05:06 AM

wouldnt it be interesting if it were actually anti immigrant groups STAGING these attacks to look as if immigrants were responsible?

,,,will wait for things settle and more actual FACTS come together,,,,,

I'd leave a smiley face at this comment if the topic wasn't so serious.

Time to teach these scum bags a proper lesson I think. Get the secret codes out.

no worry,Brussels will retaliate and disarm even more Citizens,that will teach those Scum!frustrated

Not everybody thinks arming civilians is the way to go. Might be hip in the States, I don't agree with that policy at all!
Wanting a gun is based on living in fear. And that's what terrorists want: fear. So if you go with that, things will only get worse. People will start killing others when they think they see a Muslim or think someone is a terrorist.
You really think that's going to help mankind?? It will only increase hate, fear and create more extremists, and before you know it, we will blow up the entire world.
Way to go! Great thinking!! frustrated

Ppl sell arms because they're poor, because it's a way to make a lot of money. Stopping that kind of chit could be achieved if that poverty was dealt with. If people could lead a good life, as in really good, they couldn't be bothered with arms dealing anymore.

And that's where the problem lies: The ones with power are the ones with money and the ones who make money from all this chit.
And oftentimes that's American and European influential people. They feed of this, so they want to keep this kind of chit alive and kicking.

If you want this to end, you got to get the head of the snake, not start handing out arms to civilians. Unless you'd want us all to end up in a Mad Max kind of world of course. But that's not the kind of world I fancy to live in.

and what do I have to fear if I have a Firearm?laugh

Really ? You know those 20 year old kids are really fit and trained and brainwashed...

I am not sure if a firearm would help me....I actually trust our Belgium military. They are highly trained...the only thing is that administration and regulations are slowing things down tremendously.

Over here in Belgium many people know where to find firearms it isn't really a secret. Certain families are known for their traffic since generations...and they are always in and out of jail...
Police also knows...BUT you need proof & finances ...and it is hard to catch the big fish....because of all those regulations...and it takes forever to adapt them.

Maxisu's photo
Sat 11/14/15 04:56 AM

really sad, most were just kids... i hope the liberals learn something here, but i'm really doubting it...

Really sad yes...most were just kids and so are most of the "terrorists". According to many witnesses they spoke perfect french and they were in their twenties....

I wonder how those kids most probably born and raised here all of a sudden turn to believe that ISIS is the way to go...

I also wonder how much information on what is really going on is known by the public. Mr Holland obviously knew it had to do with Syria before it was confirmed.
Sure ISIS has proclaimed war on anything that seems disgusting to them since a long time already...and they manage to get the attention through the internet by calling out kids to just go out and blow themselves, some get 2-3 months training....once they've done it as the media worldwide is reacting to it, it is fueling those kids even more to die as "massacre heroes".

That's what is sad and thickening.

Another sad thing is that either way it is serving extremists...and the increasing fear leads people to give up their freedom.

On the other hand how much freedom is to give to religious cult when the fundamental thought end up in killings ?

I don't have the answers...only wondering...

Being a European I agree with Crystal :
Hand out arms to the Europeans that have little to no history being armed and we might end up in a Mad Max kind of world.

I am a European,and I don't!

I'm trying to understand why ? Switzerland has been a good example so far, or do you disagree ?

And I doubt the Swiss are at risk...

Maxisu's photo
Sat 11/14/15 04:42 AM
My thoughts go out to those that have lost their friends and relatives in such horrible ways.

Maxisu's photo
Sat 11/14/15 04:24 AM

really sad, most were just kids... i hope the liberals learn something here, but i'm really doubting it...

Really sad yes...most were just kids and so are most of the "terrorists". According to many witnesses they spoke perfect french and they were in their twenties....

I wonder how those kids most probably born and raised here all of a sudden turn to believe that ISIS is the way to go...

I also wonder how much information on what is really going on is known by the public. Mr Holland obviously knew it had to do with Syria before it was confirmed.
Sure ISIS has proclaimed war on anything that seems disgusting to them since a long time already...and they manage to get the attention through the internet by calling out kids to just go out and blow themselves, some get 2-3 months training....once they've done it as the media worldwide is reacting to it, it is fueling those kids even more to die as "massacre heroes".

That's what is sad and thickening.

Another sad thing is that either way it is serving extremists...and the increasing fear leads people to give up their freedom.

On the other hand how much freedom is to give to religious cult when the fundamental thought end up in killings ?

I don't have the answers...only wondering...

Being a European I agree with Crystal :
Hand out arms to the Europeans that have little to no history being armed and we might end up in a Mad Max kind of world.

Maxisu's photo
Fri 11/13/15 03:51 PM

is the religion of peace and love showing their peace and love again?
Does this answer your question?

"" Local channel France 24 reports that 100
people are currently being held hostage by
gunmen at the Bataclan theater, where
Eagles of Death Metal were performing a
sold-out concert this evening. Athough the
suspects have not yet been identified,
witnesses inside the Bataclan reported that
the shooters who were hiding among the
concert patrons shouted “This is for Syria,
this is for Syria.”""
http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/paris-deadly-attack-reported-several-killed-1201640147/

i don't think anyone didn't know they are muslims...
Everyone knows it.....no one will say it though laugh....on the news, anyway.

hmm...thinking that I'm only 3 hours away...and the violence in Paris is starting to get annoying. It's about time politics take more severe actions.

Maxisu's photo
Fri 11/13/15 03:31 PM
reality

Maxisu's photo
Fri 11/13/15 03:29 PM
I forgot the train....bigsmile

Maxisu's photo
Fri 11/13/15 03:20 PM
what a crazy day it has been...

Maxisu's photo
Thu 11/12/15 01:14 PM

flowers & smokin & drinker

Maxisu's photo
Thu 11/12/15 01:02 PM

There has to be a limit to the distance

For the sake of love, I guess one would put in effort to try :banana:

i disagree... if i can't get into my car and drive to see them, then i won't put any effort into it..

Are you afraid of planes & boats bigsmile ?

Maxisu's photo
Thu 11/12/15 12:50 PM

to ask a woman why she stays in a less than satisfying marriage...

well we all have our own justifications..

read all the "how to be a good little wife and mommy" books
you can get your hands on
ya read all the women's magazine articles on how to spice up married life
ya do the date night
ya try hobbies you can both do together
ya try to be more patient, more understanding, more supportive, and affectionate..

trying to convince yourself that the more you give
the more you will receive

you put the needs of the family above your own needs..
ya put your own needs so far back on the burner
you try to convince yourself ..

you no longer have them
you are a mom machine
that those needs for love, affection, caring and consideration
are for the weak

you shoulder that load baby
you put that head down
and you keep on going
year in and year out

and ooooooo hell ya
I have psycho analyzed myself more than once on that one :wink:

OMG ! This makes me think of someone really close that is going through this....

and I do not recognize her at times...although both of her children want her to have her own fun...she isn't. I sometimes wonder if she still knows what could make her happy.

Even on a day off with the kids on the beach she is not "present".

Maxisu's photo
Thu 11/12/15 12:38 PM

My oldest son and his wife have been married 14 years, they have 2 children
(10 and 7), they have lived separate lives for the last 2 years, yet live under
The same roof, as they say it's cost effective....

Yet they seem to not see what this is doing to their children, the have withdrawn
This past year, coming from the mouth of a 10 year old, why don't mommy and daddy
Just live in different houses..

They love their parents, yet they feel the distance that this separation has
And is causing in there once calm family environment.

So in my opinion as I have stated to my son, he needs to let go of the comfort
And move on, so the boys can live a normal life, with both his parents, in a
More stable environment, meaning different homes..

I believe you need to be happy in your own life, in order to help our children be happy, safe and okay
With change.

:thumbsup:

Yep I agree...children feel when things are wrong and fake...and the change will help to adapt. Also nowadays it's so common to find those situations.
I think living in a home where everyone fakes his mood is more oppressing than having no money...(although that is tough too !) lol

Maxisu's photo
Thu 11/12/15 12:30 PM

. from what I understand.. is it really only this other person that is unhappy..hmm

I am willing to bet my retirement fund that this isn't true..

The couple I gave as an example, didn't ever argue in front of their children. They were good people just drifted apart.

When two people are in a loveless relationship no one is happy. Take the kids out of the equation for an instance. I mean really if only one is admitting to unhappiness then someone IMO is in denial. Period.

I still you have two people, really lonely, depressed, and unhappy.

So making the decision to end it how can that be selfish and putting your happiness above anything else.

..well.. yes of course you are right..lol... but for what I understand they are both somewhat unhappy..
... but in this scenario .. their partner is content with the way things are.... not willing to change.... very happy to keep things the way they are.... I suppose content is the word..yup..

I tend to agree with Sitka:

"When two people are in a loveless relationship no one is happy. Take the kids out of the equation for an instance. I mean really if only one is admitting to unhappiness then someone IMO is in denial. Period."

However I know of an acquaintance (male !!) I need to say who pretends something similar to your scenario:
He has a mistress on the side and he believes his wife hasn't...they do family trips and so fort...he says his relationship is great with his children and his wife is content...with the Visa...

- Happiness itself is so difficult to define that it isn't really an argument...
Why should happiness be selfish ?
So many people don't even know what makes them happy anymore in the long run...how could they possibly judge about the happiness of their surroundings.

Making "sacrifices" to keep up appearances...

I think it's BS...

Maxisu's photo
Thu 11/12/15 11:34 AM
Edited by Maxisu on Thu 11/12/15 11:36 AM
I think when one of the two parties hasn't the same outlook on the commitment and wants/needs to leave it is better to let go...and seperate.

and I witnessed something very similar to Sitkas' description except that the kids asked their parents to separate.
The boys were 12 & 14 years old at the time...and their parents split 2 years later and now have a more "quiet" life...

Maxisu's photo
Tue 11/10/15 02:04 PM

yes darling I know I said I liked flowers...but sheesh surprised

laugh

I think I'd be cool with it though...I mean I'd really be impressed bigsmile

Maxisu's photo
Tue 11/10/15 01:39 PM
flowerforyou

so you were matched with "only" 14 dropped-dead & beaten up poets...laugh

waving

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25