Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Thu 11/05/09 07:00 PM
okay, so...the paperwork is all done.

msharmony, i'm hoping she'll have the same positive experience you did. i'm kind of counting on it.

if she doesn't skip, her senior year would consist of mostly dual credit classes, anyhow...half a day at the school, the rest at the college. with skipping through, she needs to take a correspondence course, an online course, and possibly a science...all dual credit...and she'll start college the next year.

she made the decision on her own. i tried very hard not to influence her, since this is huge and will affect her future, not mine.

she'll graduate at seventeen and start full-blown college then. she does plan to move out; her two best friends are doing the same thing, and they plan to share an on-campus apartment about two miles from my house.

the only thing i'm worried about is that she doesn't do well with changes, new places. she's extremely active in all sorts of things...and a wonderful kid.

she's already received a 25k scholarship, with i'm sure more to follow.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 09:59 PM

If nature has no homosexuality why would humans?
nature has tons of homosexuals.

giraffes, for instance...and penguins...many animals even mate homosexually for life.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 09:52 PM

I hope all of you that support Gay marriage are going to support polygamy as well. Who are we to say that a man can't marry 10 women if they love each other.

What goes on in someone elses life is not my business. It doesn't have anything to do with how I live my life on a day to day basis, so I would not care if a man married 10 women.
polygamy doesn't bother me, either.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 09:47 PM
it's currently illegal to marry family members;

bestiality is also a crime.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 08:51 PM

Gays will be able to marry each other in every state soon enough. People will realize that they do not have a right to nose into others lives at this level.

HA!Now thats funny! :laughing: Are you talking about how the gays are sticking their noses into a 6000 year old Christian tradition and trying to re-write it so everything is backwards and the gays define what marriage is? rofl

Shot yourself in the foot on that one big time!

oops
oh, please.

nobody is saying that the churches will have to perform the marriages.

right now, a person has to get a license (um, from the government) and then they can either have a religious ceremony or a secular one. what's wrong with going to a JP or to a church that supports gay rights?

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 08:42 PM

i'm absolutely horrified and saddened by this.

i can't believe that anyone would think they have a right to restrict others from marrying and being happy.

it's disgusting.

Have you ever seen pictures from a "gay pride" march??--Now that's, disgusting!!smokin
we had one here in town, and i brought my children and we marched with them.

what was disgusting were the protesters. the people who dumped manure on the lawn of a perfectly wonderful long-term couple.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 08:08 PM
i'm absolutely horrified and saddened by this.

i can't believe that anyone would think they have a right to restrict others from marrying and being happy.

it's disgusting.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 07:31 PM

i'd report him.

cruelty to animals is a felony here.

*sighs*...and i'm so sorry; my cats were family. i left my last relationship because his son killed my cat when he was pissed at me.
i just dont get it....
why a defenseless ,trusting,loving animal...how could anybody do that...

my species disappoints me
i don't get it, either.

heck, i can't even eat them.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 06:40 PM
hey, i know where everything is!

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 06:36 PM

For others, my space look in disorder, but if you move one thing, I'll notice it.

I like chaos.
me, too.

my space is as cluttered as i feel it should be...

however, there are a few things that i don't want out of place, like my books and CDs.

the rest of the house varies. i am constantly overrun by kids, so it goes up and down.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:58 PM
i'd report him.

cruelty to animals is a felony here.

*sighs*...and i'm so sorry; my cats were family. i left my last relationship because his son killed my cat when he was pissed at me.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:52 PM

Ok,so I was told by a friend of mine about this note she got from a guy..Basically the note says "You're black..I'm white..so society wouldn't approve of us as a couple,But boy I sure would love to have sex with you sometime". Soooo to me that says "You're good enough to DO just not good enough to go through any troubles for"..umm..WTF?..Is that really how SOME guys see it?(see I'm not trying to offend EVERYONE..just those who do feel this way..lol)

she could be my girl! *chuckles*

seriously, though...it's sad that people still worry about what others think in such. and that was a very hurtful thing to say...i'm sure he's missing out.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:19 PM

Pros---good for her she is living up to her potential. Is she going on to college?

Con-many companies will require her to be 18 to work for them.

All Ok if it is what she wants and she is not missing out on any of the high school experiences.

Good job, Mom.
she's a little bummed about all-state choir.

she shouldn't need to work, as her scholarships are quite generous.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:17 PM
we've tried very hard to let this be her decision and hers alone. the principal recommended it.

i asked her to list her own pros and cons...and write how she felt about each. i'm not sure she's ready to live on her own, yet, and she doesn't like new places or experiences much.

because of her ACT scores, she's already got several full free rides, dependent only that she graduate. she's now planning to spend the first year of college here in town, and transfer out after that.

she has to take one correspondence course this semester, and an online one next semester...and if she takes an extra science course, she's guaranteed to graduate with honors. all are dual credit, so she's already racking up college hours.

life would have been much different for me if i'd been allowed to skip like i was supposed to. i'm personally all for it...i understand the social side, but if a child isn't learning to their potential, send them up.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:07 PM
my daughter, who is a junior in high school and made a 31 on her ACT at the age of fifteen...finally decided to get serious.

as of today, she's a senior. she graduates this year, rather than next.

--------------------------------

what do you feel are the pros and cons of skipping ahead? should it be allowed, and why?

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 01:52 PM

"I really enjoyed your book."

i sooo tried to pirate your book, lex, but i can't find it anywhere.

Pretty much have to get them on line, at this point. Last time I checked, they were on 23 book sites.
i found print copies; i was looking for an electronic one to put on my kindle.

You know, Amazon sent me something about that, I should look into it!
well, let me know if you do. i'm hooked...i haven't read a single printed book since i received it.

i might have to make an exception for yours...

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 01:43 PM

Pretty much have to get them on line, at this point. Last time I checked, they were on 23 book sites.
i found print copies; i was looking for an electronic one to put on my kindle.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 01:39 PM

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 01:20 PM
i'm all about honesty. i wouldn't necessarily volunteer harmful information, but don't ask if you don't wish to know.

lulu24's photo
Wed 11/04/09 01:16 PM
i might suggest that he change.