Community > Posts By > morethnthis

no photo
Wed 09/28/16 03:32 PM
I wear a Stetson fedora in the Winter,and in the rain,and I wear a straw Panama in the sun. I try to stay out of the rain and the sun,but some of the time you have to go out there...today I walked survey lines,and couldn't wear a hat,or it would have been knocked off by branches too often. Soon I'll walk the same lines,and clear them a little better,and then,I can wear a hat while I do a little trimming,and pound in some better stakes...If anyone has some good uses for mountain laurel,I have plenty...

no photo
Wed 09/28/16 03:07 PM
misstina must be a pastafarion..

no photo
Tue 09/27/16 05:31 PM
I haven't dated much at all,but today I spent the afternoon with a woman who is half my age,and we actually got along pretty well.It helps a lot to just know that I must have something that is attractive,and not a complete Neanderthal like I feel like I am sometimes..When I got home I found she had sent me her personal phone# and E-mail..

no photo
Mon 09/26/16 05:16 PM
2016 Toyota Tacoma...I drove my old Ford until it started to leak everything,and had no heat. Drove it for 16 years...The Tacoma is pretty nice,but more features than I need.

no photo
Sun 09/25/16 08:47 PM
Edited by morethnthis on Sun 09/25/16 08:48 PM

no photo
Sun 09/25/16 05:09 PM
When ever the garden needs a little rain,I just hang my pants to dry on the clothes line.

no photo
Sun 09/25/16 04:32 PM
Is that a fado ?

no photo
Sat 09/24/16 10:05 AM
Calebra is pretty nice,and not too far.Its' a small island off the eastern side of Puerto Rico. There are Americans hanging around there,and I have a brother there also...The name of his boat is "Ripple"...if you decide to go that way,send me a note,and I'll give you a contact...

no photo
Sat 09/24/16 09:06 AM
It doesn't really matter how old you are,its what your doing,and the people in your life. I'm still pretty much in denial about my age,and still try to do a lot of the things that I did when I was much younger.
With some things I have to give myself a reality check,and ask myself if I really SHOULD be doing this or that.
I think the main thing to do when you get a little older,is to stay active,and not worry too much about time gone past,and just start each day anew...

no photo
Fri 09/23/16 06:12 PM
Yes vegetable base.I like to try different things,but I usually throw in some rice or barley. I really like the taste of celery in a soup,so I usually throw some of that in at the end. The hardest part for me is keeping a nice clear base. My mother has been making soup for around fifty years,and she gives me pointers,but mine never come out as good as hers!! I can make pretty good bread,and my cider never stays for long...

no photo
Fri 09/23/16 04:40 PM
I've been listening to Blues on Blond on Blond...it is a compilation of artists who re-made the songs on Bob Dylan's classic Blond on Blond.

no photo
Fri 09/23/16 02:32 PM
Internet security will continue to be an issue for quite a while,and a security breech can have pretty dire results..Jeremy Hammond is a good example of what can happen if secure areas are hacked.
On another note...When you post information of any kind on a site that is not secure,it is stored in the cloud,and becomes part of the public domain. In other words,personal information that is transmitted through the internet on unsecured sites is easily accessed by those with the right tools.

no photo
Fri 09/23/16 11:45 AM
My favorite is Fantasia...what is there not to like about dancing hippos,and Micky Mouse chasing those brooms?
One of the things that I don't like about the Disney corporation,is that they have taken every kids'story and turned it into a movie format. What this does,is remove all these great tales from the original printed word,and it has affected a lot of kids reading skills.
Some things are better left to the imagination,and a story can have a much greater impact if your mind can run wild at times...

no photo
Thu 09/22/16 07:28 PM
I still like those old fashioned standard road maps. I've driven all over the country,and in every major city,and plenty of back roads.
I was an over the road trucker for about eight years,and really didn't have any problems going anywhere using the truckers maps. Usually the only times I had any problems,were when I had really bad directions,so usually I would use my gps map feature,and just write down the last few turns. The early GPS features didn't take into account a 53 foot long vehicle,and would send you down some really tight roads.
Sometimes,I have gotten bad directions,and would stop to ask a local.I noticed that some people didn't know right from left,as they would be pointing with their left hand,and telling me to turn right. Made things a real challenge at times.

no photo
Thu 09/22/16 05:30 PM
Very nice article,and it just goes to show how our scope of knowledge expands with every new discovery. When you think about how many people have devoted their lives to putting this huge jig-saw puzzle of our history together,it is expansive in itself. Alfred Wallace,Darwin,The Leaky family,and many others have spent their lives in gathering these discoveries.
Not long ago,I removed an early american artifact from a riverbank near me. I couldn't help but ask myself,Who was this person who made and used this tool? Were they like me? Did they have the same needs and desires? How did their emotions run? were they happy and grateful,or were they competing for ground? Did they laugh a lot,or was life too hard to have much room for humor? Somehow,and in many ways,I think we still have a lot in common with our paleolithic ancestors,and we still have a lot to learn about who we are,and what we are becoming.

no photo
Wed 09/21/16 07:51 PM
That actually did make me laugh out loud..!!!

no photo
Wed 09/21/16 04:54 PM
I am just an accident,and the result of a lightening strike in an unusual mineral deposit...Until you have looked someone in the eye,you really don't know what someone is like in real life..

no photo
Wed 09/21/16 04:44 PM
Edited by morethnthis on Wed 09/21/16 04:44 PM
The Kiwi Bump by Robert Crumb and his cheap suit seranaders..also,I had but fifty cents by the same.....They might not be the greatest,but are good for a laugh....I also like Cappreccio Italien,by Verdi

no photo
Wed 09/21/16 04:33 PM
that is a wonderful version of "over the rainbow"that Israel sung.I wish he hadn't left us so soon.

no photo
Wed 09/21/16 03:00 PM
Until you know his true motive,passing judgement is a bit premature.
Blind subservience is a determining factor in any fascist movement,and a flag burning is a strong form of protest,that should be reserved for extreme circumstances. I have displayed an American flag on my wall,or in my window since I was 15 years old.I once owned a full size garrison flag which I donated to the boy scouts. With that said,I believe we are in some rather extreme times in the political field,and there are some of us who are very patriotic,and yet will go to extremes to make a statement.