Community > Posts By > morethnthis

no photo
Wed 08/10/16 12:42 AM
I gave away my television about two years ago,and could probably do just fine without internet. The phone is pretty important for emergency situations.

no photo
Tue 08/09/16 04:57 PM
My employer of 35 years ago wore overalls,and drove an old car (Dodge Dart) He was a visionary of his time,and became one of the most powerful men in the area. Another employer of mine was also a very unpretentious man,and would complain to me about spending too much on supplies.I would just do my job,and get what I needed to complete whatever I was doing. When there was a big lay-off,most of my superiors were let go,and I was one of three left standing....

no photo
Tue 08/09/16 03:46 PM
Is your refrigerator running? by Prince Albert and the cans

no photo
Tue 08/09/16 03:39 PM
still have my scratched vinyl copy...was Harrison at his best..The Dylan cuts are great also...

no photo
Thu 08/04/16 12:12 PM
prediction for the future....part one..........
Anything that has not happened probably will
....Part two....There is nothing you can do about it..

no photo
Thu 08/04/16 12:07 PM
I think its a nice trend....

no photo
Wed 08/03/16 04:39 AM
I don't own a television,and get most of my news from the internet.I try to be aware of world,and local issues.

no photo
Mon 08/01/16 12:44 PM
One of my favorite movies of all..should be more well known,and the music was great also

no photo
Sun 07/31/16 01:27 PM
That sounds like a good read...I've been to the Will Rogers museum in Oklahoma.He was known as "the Cherokee Kid"and was an excellent rider.He was one funny guy,and his movies were great. I cant remember the journalist who died in the same plane crash..Wiley..something I think,but they had his typewriter that he had with him in the crash.
It was all wracked out,and distorted from the impact..

no photo
Sun 07/31/16 01:18 PM
Rebecca Solnit "A field guide to getting lost" Solnit is a freelance journalist,who is writing for The Guardian at the present.She has written a number of books,and is living in San Francisco at this time

no photo
Sun 07/31/16 01:08 PM
just came inside.Checked burn barrel to make sure it was out(burned this morning..started removing plastic laminate from table.Used long crosscut saw to cut partially,then poured solvent in between laminate and table surface.came inside and wrote this...

no photo
Sun 07/31/16 05:07 AM
introverted oxymoron

no photo
Sun 07/24/16 05:37 PM
It seems to me that most of the conversations that I have had on this site have been shallow,or downright misleading. I would like to think that you could meet responsible people on this site,but I really haven't.
Most of the conversations that I have had have been short,and very shallow. Perhaps I come across wrong with others here,I don't know.
I do know,that in real life situations I am able to interact with others much better than with a keyboard.

no photo
Sat 07/23/16 04:28 PM
There were people in the Americas long before the Vikings,or the Trader. There is proven evidence of human occupation in many parts of the Americas' that is over 30,000 years old. There is some very strong evidence that shows that a number of different cultures were here as long as 100,000 years ago. There is a new site on the east coast of the U.S. that has produced material that dates back to that early era. Many sites are not made public because of the problem of others disturbing and looting materials.
Go to any good natural history museum,and you can learn about these things.

no photo
Wed 07/20/16 05:50 PM
Read a little about Dr.Jill Stein....she is on the Green party ticket,and is the only sane candidate that I know of,and I have pledged my support. She is not a politician,but has very strong and admirable views on social issues. Our political system is so damaged right now,that if the politicians of the party system we have were of any real value,they wouldn't be deadlocked on every issue.
I think that we are in good position for a possible systemic failure if the election process problems are not changed.

no photo
Wed 07/20/16 04:21 PM
Why in the world would you move to Arkansas? Oklahoma is OK but why in the world would you want to end up in Arkansas?

no photo
Wed 07/20/16 01:05 PM
the travels that I take in my own mind would be my answer.It doesn't cost a thing,and the places I've been and the good memories of the people I have known are free,and easy to access.

no photo
Wed 07/20/16 11:09 AM
just got what looks like a good book. I've read quite a few of her essays. This book is called "A field guide to getting lost" by Rebecca Solnit....

no photo
Mon 07/18/16 03:10 PM
My first thought was, I have to go see that damn lawyer today....At least I have all that done now,and now I can just leave it behind...

no photo
Sun 07/17/16 09:02 AM
I get to talk with someone interesting on occasion,but not very often.Most of them just write very short notes,or none at all