Community > Posts By > morethnthis

no photo
Sun 08/21/16 08:05 AM
Deal....Garcia/Hunter

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 05:32 PM
I am not Rasta,but I am a vegan...I spent some time with Rasta men in the 70's and they were good people,who took me in,and treated me like a brother. When I left their company,they would not accept any money from me,and that says a lot in itself..

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 05:24 PM
I can bring a guitar,and play that old tune,Iaintnostreetwalkermamabuthoneybabyisuredolikethewayyoustrutyourstuff..

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 04:10 PM
Pretty good Mig..You seem to capture something there..

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 03:56 PM
some of those bible tales are pretty good,but another good source is the guy known as "the Bard" ....He covered human nature pretty well...

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 03:51 PM
All I know for sure is that I know nothing at all about a creator,except for what has been proclaimed to be true by people who wander around the desert a lot...I've wandered around deserts a lot myself....

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 03:42 PM
heard just a part of a new John Prine song that sounded pretty good,but mostly have been listening to myself on guitar...been playing an old tune by Garcia/Hunter......Deal.....

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 03:31 PM
Lipton tea....having some now...

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 03:28 PM
my memory....whats left of it....

no photo
Sat 08/20/16 03:25 PM
Bill and Teds big adventure

no photo
Thu 08/18/16 06:57 PM
I'm not sure what good it can possibly do to be dishonest,when you are trying to develop a friendship. Mark Twain said he only spoke the truth,with embellishments,and that is kind of understandable.
Honesty is not only important in a relationship,it should be at the forefront of your character through all aspects of life.

no photo
Thu 08/18/16 04:58 AM
never have seen a movie that was like my life,but if I had to compare myself to another character it would probably be Holden Caulfield..

no photo
Thu 08/18/16 02:36 AM
Nice choice of wording.It shows your literary skills are a notch above the average,and a good qualification for a moderator.

no photo
Wed 08/17/16 05:56 PM
You should drag that violin out from the closet,and make a little noise with it! A good simple tune that you can play by ear is called "midnight on the water" The studio version by David Bromberg is the one I like best,but there are other versions.It is in waltz time,and a very nice easy tune to play.....

no photo
Wed 08/17/16 12:14 PM
I'm pretty sure this devise was a type of adjustable circular set of scales that worked on the same principal as a slide rule. I think people have a tendency to read too much between the lines,and don't give the ancients credit where credit is due.
The workmanship is very high quality on this artifact,and that shows that someone,or possibly more that one person was very talented and patient in their craftsmanship.
The ancients had a concept of pi,and understood the relations of numbers.

no photo
Tue 08/16/16 08:42 PM
I play guitar,fiddle and sometimes penny whistle..I bought a new guitar not long ago,so have been playing that a lot. One of my old friends sent me a carbon fiber bow,and I'm starting to really like it. I play traditional music,and make up my own stuff.
One of the things that I like about traditional music,is that you can go anywhere,and usually find something that you know in common,because a lot of the old tunes are passed down through the generations.
When I was in New Orleans,I played with a group of locals,and was asked by one of my friends how it was that we new a lot of the same music. I told him that traditional tunes are sometimes hundreds of years old,and they are traded,and taught to anyone who has an interest

no photo
Tue 08/16/16 01:03 PM
I pretty much like all dogs. I don't like it when they bite for no reason,or tear up too much. I had a Mastiff that I watched for months at a time while his owner was overseas,and he was a great dog.He was very gentle,but slobbered a lot.
My retrievers have been great dogs,as well as some of the mutts. Right now I have a small dog (Brussels Griffon) that is a wonderful companion
and very smart. She does like to dig a bit,but that is her nature,so I don't worry about it,I just fill in the holes.

no photo
Tue 08/16/16 10:17 AM
Teacher Teacher By Nick Lowe for any guitar players,this is a
really nice progression, and another good tune by Lowe is "I love the sound of breaking glass" It wasn't much of a hit here in the US but was top of the charts in the UK for a good while...

no photo
Tue 08/16/16 07:20 AM
Causation vs.correlation is a circular discussion,and can extend for infinity. Is everything a result of a certain randomness,or are all observations an order of finite platitude...To reach final conclusions is like a stop sign at the edge of time. Or is it more like a no trespassing sign where on the other side it doesn't say anything....

no photo
Mon 08/15/16 07:07 PM
Just finishing THE STRANGER by Albert Camus