Community > Posts By > morethnthis

no photo
Sat 07/02/16 06:30 PM
Two of my favorite reads are CANDIDE by Voltaire,and THE SOT WEED FACTOR by John Barth....A little about Voltaire..He was a national treasure in France during the 18th century,and when Ben Franklin came to meet him,there was a three day holiday in their honor...CANDIDE is a satire on the culture at the time,but is still very relevant today.
The Sot weed Factor is a story of high adventure,that has some basis in fact. It is a tale that includes Captain John Smith,and has an alternate story from the history books..It is full of pirates,and strange twists of fate.

no photo
Sat 07/02/16 02:27 PM
I would like to go to Portugal and listen to fado music. It is a type of song that tells a story. The story can take be about anything,but it is usually comes from personal experience. A Fado can be about your day,your loves and desires,or about your broken down car..
In Cuba they have a similar style,but the music is different.

no photo
Sat 07/02/16 12:26 PM
Great story John,and well worth the read. I have had working dogs,and they seem to have a much higher intelligence than the more domesticated breeds. My favorite dog was a working dog who learned how to open a door. He could grab the knob with his teeth,and and turn it.He could open a door that opened toward him,not just an in swing door. The small dog that I have now,was bred to go after badgers,and actually go down the hole. I can't imagine her coming out on top with a badger,but I don't have any around here, thank goodness for that..

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 08:10 PM
Doesn't matter to me if you have a picture posted or not.I don't have one here,and don't plan on posting one either. I am kind of wary about posting pictures of myself on the internet,and so far there are none to be found of me in the public domain. I think that the content of what you have to say is more important than how you look. I know that many will disagree with that,but that is my view.....My picture is in a Fed.database anyhow,so understand that I am not of the tinfoil hat brigade....

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 06:51 PM
And the Moody Blues added "at least I think I am"..

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 04:41 PM
I think the online dating is a shot in the dark.Sitting at a computer screen and typing out descriptions of yourself really cant paint an accurate picture of who you are,and what you are like.Real world contact is the only thing that is dependable.

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 04:29 PM
I read the profiles to a point.I usually am not interested in those who are "out of bounds" for me. It doesn't take a proofread of the entire profile for me to figure out if there is common ground for building a relationship. If a profile has certain aspects that are important (like having too many pets,or a criteria for faith)Then I read no more..

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 02:29 PM
I agree.I think this online dating is pretty weak.You don't really know much about someone until you have spent some real time together.
I met a woman on Craigslist,who turned out to be living with a guy at the time.She is on medication for depression,and an unpredictable nutcase. Another lady I met didn't speak hardly a word,and I had to do all the talking..I guess some people just want to spend all their time at a computer screen typing away,but I think its a pretty lousy way to get to know someone.
I guess a lot of women are too afraid to meet someone they met online,and in a lot of ways I don't blame them.There are a lot of nutcases out there. As for me,I've been single/widowed for over a year and a half.I have tried this site before,and really didn't get anywhere then,and don't expect to now.Bakersfield should have plenty of singles. I've been there,and it is a bit of a zoo,but you might do better there instead of this online junk.
Good luck sir,and I'm sure there is someone out there for both of us.
I lost my wife to cancer last year,and we met during an investigation she was working on(she was a Federal investigator) so I'm sure she checked me out first with her database.

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 05:12 AM
I'm 62 and can chat a bit if you would like..Where do you live? I'm in eastern Virginia in a rural area.

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 05:10 AM
I'm 62,and would rather date a woman who is close to my age.There can be too much difference in life experience when you date out of your age group.

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 04:50 AM
I really don't care about age so much as what we have in common.When there is a huge age gap,the differences between life experience can be too great.

no photo
Thu 06/30/16 04:41 AM
I'm 62,and would rather date a woman who is close to my age.

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 09:00 PM
Don't forget Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee...Johnny Winter,Taj Mahal,Etta James,Elizabeth Cotton,and......ROBERT JOHNSON making that deal at midnight..

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 08:28 PM
Good to see another Yardbirds fan..Their version of Too much monkey business,from 5 live Yardbirds is probably my favorite rock song..A lot of young talent there....

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 07:42 PM
I agree...Keep in mind,that when you are confused about causation vs. correlation...beating a drum during an eclipse will always bring back the sun..

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 07:17 PM
A few years back I spent an afternoon with a retiring professor from the U.K. He was heading home after ten years in the U.S We both had the same favorite song....."Too much monkey business" by the Yardbirds" Live version.......

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 08:33 AM
None

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 08:30 AM
I have been interested in pottery for years,and would like to give it a try.I like the Japanese Roku style,and have seen a simple design on how to build a kiln out of stacked firebricks using sawdust as a firing medium..There are ways to increase your heat with a small fan,or a large funnel shaped "wind catcher". The native people here in the U.S.used the coil method,and a number of different tempering,and firing methods...I have native pottery shards from the woodland era,and they seem to be quite strong,and this is an ancient art,with many different aspects..

no photo
Wed 06/29/16 08:15 AM
The British attempts to return to their colonial past is doomed from the onset.As for me,I will no longer buy any British made items,until they stop their whining,and return to the civil world..

no photo
Tue 06/28/16 07:50 PM
I only lasted one day on Facebook,and I was not really interested in posting pictures of my lunch,or things like that.