Community > Posts By > morethnthis

no photo
Tue 10/11/16 04:48 PM
Pretty funny Soufie..

no photo
Mon 10/10/16 11:35 AM
a woman who is close to me,and she's looking for another woman...I think I'll apply to the hopeless cause society...

no photo
Mon 10/10/16 09:25 AM
Try "The elephant march" Its from The Jungle Book by Disney..

no photo
Mon 10/10/16 08:04 AM
All I can say,is that there are too many kids that are being raised by surrogate parents...I don't blame any one sex,just the fact that having a parent on hand 24/7 can do a lot for a child.
I don't know what the experts say,but it seems to me that during a kids formative years,its pretty important that they have good adult attention. It doesn't always have to be a parent,but a responsible adult who really can give them the attention that they need.
A child who is plunked down in front of a screen and not being active,or engaged with with other kids and adults will have a good chance of having developmental issues.

no photo
Fri 10/07/16 07:12 PM
I was thinking about what my Irish headmaster used to say to me..

no photo
Thu 10/06/16 09:14 PM
I haven't written my life history on my info blurb,and I'm not sure if it would do that much good to get into excessive detail.

In my opinion,a few simple facts are good enough to at least open a conversation. There is Nothing quite like the human voice for covering a lot of ground. Hearing some of my tales might burn off both of your ears,but I'm not going to try to be another Hemingway or Faulkner trying to put my stories into words....At least not here on an internet dating site.....

no photo
Wed 10/05/16 08:06 PM
I have some pet fruit flies that live in my kitchen. They aren't hard to feed and don't seem to needy or anything like that.The only times they bother me,is when they get in my coffee. The hard part about having pet fruit flies,is naming them is pretty impossible. It really is hard to tell individuals apart,so I guess I need to come up with some kind of collective swarm name of some kind...perhaps The Kitchenettes,or something like that...I'm curious now if anyone else has named their fruit flies...E.O.Wilson might have done something like that with ants,Burbank might have also,but I don't know..

no photo
Wed 10/05/16 07:41 PM
Its a mad,mad,mad,mad,world is a pretty funny movie,and I wouldn't mind watching it again....Its' Under the big W...somewhere...

no photo
Wed 10/05/16 07:37 PM
Harold and Maude..

no photo
Wed 10/05/16 05:38 PM
Edited by morethnthis on Wed 10/05/16 05:33 PM
Dealing with strangers....Some people are naturally friendly,and others are not. I like to talk to different people in different walks of life,and I have found that some people are suspicious of any stranger at all. I am quite the opposite,and will strike a conversation with anyone.
Some of the best conversations that I've had have been impromptu,and with people I had never met before.

I live in a rural area where the education level is pretty low,and if you were not born and raised here,there will always be a certain reserved attitude that the local people will have.

Most people are decent,but a lot of them just aren't very friendly.

no photo
Sun 10/02/16 06:11 PM
According to the bar at the top of my screen,I have 22 matches...Just looking for 1...

no photo
Sun 10/02/16 06:08 PM
The pay dating service I talked to charges a couple of thousand,but at least they guarantee a number of dates that show some kind of compatibility. The "online" women that I've talked to have asked me for money,and tires for their car! I would like to think that you can meet someone honest and credible here,but I'm not so sure at this point.

no photo
Sun 10/02/16 05:57 PM
If you can "get the job done" then why are you still here after five years? I haven't met a single person from here,and perhaps it is because I'm viewed as a nutcase,but it seems like there should be another nut like me without spending the rest of my years looking....

no photo
Sun 10/02/16 05:06 PM
Losing a debate can happen because we are at times unprepared to offer a counter to a well presented idealism. Preparation,and command of a clear and concise argument can be all that is lacking. Facts can be be presented as valid even when they are distorted,or incomplete.
I have a friend in statistics,and he can construct facts and figures to promote,or invalidate just about any subject. In many cases the "facts"presented can be incomplete,or distorted to promote a specific goal. In any valid presentation,every aspect of a problem or solution should be as complete as possible,and boiled down to remove as much bias as possible.
"There are lies,damn lies,and statistics"....Mark Twain said that.
" Ideals should be kept in a state of flux" I said that..

no photo
Sun 10/02/16 10:05 AM
It is especially hard when you spend a lot of time on a dating site,and can't even get a phone call or a credible conversation.

no photo
Sat 10/01/16 03:32 PM
Edited by morethnthis on Sat 10/01/16 03:35 PM
A comprehensive study on different aspects of this question is
THE NEW GOLDEN BOUGH by Frazer/Gaster..It was first published in 1890,and is a comprehensive study of magic,and religion.

It has been annotated,and covers a very wide range of belief,and their connections to culture,and history.
This book covers aspects of human belief,that cover most cultures,and the origins,and details are explained very well.

Tammuz,Adonis,Excursus,Attis,Hyacinth,Osiris,Dionysus,Demeter,Corn Spirit,are only a few that are studied.

The concept of the external soul,and the cultural attachments are covered very well. From all over the world,and throughout history,this has been a subject that has driven humans apart,and brought them together.

In my view,any thought process that can unify,without the threat of eternal punishment is valid. I think I just might have an apple....

no photo
Thu 09/29/16 05:31 PM
Why I didn't watch the debate,part one and part two..

Part one....I don't own a television

Part two....I am not going to support this election system in any way.
I am rather disappointed in the fact that the public accepts either one of these candidates as being qualified to represent our country.
Any American citizen who is worth their salt should look into alternatives for this election. America seems to be populated by a bunch of apathetic mush brains,who just stand back and accept this system as being valid.
I think if Washington,Jefferson,Adams,Paine,and many of the others could see what we have allowed ourselves to become,they would be more than disappointed..

no photo
Thu 09/29/16 04:05 PM
I'm not really listening,but have been playing an old song by Billy Joe Shaver called Black rose...I remember when the record came out a lot of us wore the grooves out on this album. Its an easy guitar song,so I can play it in my sleep...

no photo
Thu 09/29/16 02:29 PM
A combination of the two. There are aspects of attraction,that are part of who we are,and weather you think so or not,we all have a certain amount of bias. That is not a bad thing,but is a factor that is built in to our DNA.

no photo
Wed 09/28/16 03:49 PM
In my head,I'm listening to "chimes of freedom" It is an old Bob Dylan song,and the version I like was by the Byrds. Outside I'm listening to the rain,and another good song is "I'm no stranger to the rain"....

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10