Community > Posts By > morethnthis

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 02:38 PM
I was surrounded by theology,and it had the opposite effect.I guess I was just born to question authority...

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 02:33 PM
I agree with what you say,but beware of people with strong faith in the supernatural.I have had some very unpleasant consequences as a result of their judging ways.

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 02:27 PM
Hitchens was a great speaker,who left us too soon.

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 02:25 PM
I'm on the same wagon,and its good to see that we're not alone here.

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 02:21 PM
I'm on your side..I have become a little intolerant of people with fixed belief systems that are based on faith. In my experience,they can be very judging,and down right dishonest. Part of that comes from the standard of "all will be forgiven",which I find to be rather repulsive.

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 02:13 PM
I tried that,and if you have a system of belief that conflicts,it can cause problems in the long run..I guess if both people can accept a different set of belief standards,it might work,but I'm not so sure of that. If I ever find another partner,it is important to me that our world views are close. The most important thing is like the bard said
"above all else,to thine own self be true" Good day..

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 10:33 AM
That is a good overview. Another thing to take into perspective,is in the system of high speed trading,a millisecond can be the deciding factor in large sums of money passing hands.Another way to look at that,is like being first in line at the sale.If traders in London have information before those in New York,a millisecond can be the deciding factor on who makes the buy/sell...It has become a system based on tech advances,instead of human decision making. Those traders on the floor of the stock exchanges are nothing but a group of straw men...

no photo
Fri 07/08/16 10:17 AM
There will always be words to throw around,it is learning when to be quiet when enough has been said..

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 08:15 PM
very nice artwork...I really like the colours

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 07:30 PM
you look very nice to me..I'm older at 62,and look a little rough around the edges..I posted an add on Craigslist,and a 92 year old woman responded.She is great fun to talk to,and she drives all over the country. When she calls me I have lots of laughs..She is a native american lady,and sharp as a pin at 92.....She wants to go see Rushmore,and I'm halfway tempted to take her. She would probably like the Crazy Horse monument. He is a little hard to see,but if you look long enough you can see him there on his horse,pointing off into the distance..

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 07:14 PM
You have a nice warped way of putting things..I like that.

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 04:39 PM
I hiked and camped in Alaska for about two weeks,and everybody accepts you wherever you go.It is one of the most camping friendly states I've ever been. I was walking up from the river with a salmon,and met a ranger who asked what I was going to do with it.I said Eat it,and she said,bring it up to our camp,and we can cook it.I spent the evening with the park rangers,and had a great time,along with some fantastic salmon salad....

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 04:30 PM
You leave the cell phone,computer,and all of the other modern contrivances behind. After a few days you might realize how addicted we are to our phones and computers. If you go for about a week without any mirrors,when you look at yourself again,You might look a little different.....There a lot of other good reasons...

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 04:15 PM
I know what you mean,as I live in a small town also.I actually live six miles outside of a small town,and another half mile off of the road,in the woods. Pretty easy to meet squirrels and deer,but not as easy to meet women..

no photo
Thu 07/07/16 04:08 PM
I liked Lincolns' reply when he was accused of being two faced..."If you think I'm two faced,why do you think I would be wearing this one"

no photo
Wed 07/06/16 05:44 PM
Iggy pop did some pretty wild stuff,I liked the Pogues...They were an Irish sort of punkish band. I think The Ramones really had some great music......when you listen to that sort of music now,it seems kind of tame when you compare it with the metal of today.....I have to admit,that Dimebag was one great guitarist who went away too soon.Jack White can play with anybody,and he is an electric guitar master.....
I play old time traditional fiddle,but throw in a a little twisted metal at times...21st century schizoid man is done by a fiddle player on youtube that is excellent...I still have my original copy..

no photo
Sun 07/03/16 05:19 PM
In the U.K there is virtually no gun problem,because they are not in the hands of the public.In most countries in Europe guns are regulated to the point where crimes committed with firearms are non existent.
I personally think that All firearms should be Highly regulated.

no photo
Sun 07/03/16 10:33 AM
I think that guns of all types should be highly regulated.There are models in Europe that work quite well,and they prove that gun control works.

no photo
Sat 07/02/16 07:03 PM
I live in Virginia,and have pretty good morals,and try to be polite to everyone. Standards seem to change with each generation,and I think common decency is in short supply these days.
A lot of those standards come from how you were raised,and so many parents of today are too busy to spend enough time with their kids.

no photo
Sat 07/02/16 06:45 PM
The "Four corners" area is full of great places to hike.I Like Arches National Park.Edwin Abbey wrote a great book about the arches.Bryce Canyon is a rugged and beautiful place also.. The Great Dunes,on the border with Ca. are worth going to see if you can take the heat...