Community > Posts By > Jenknee

Jenknee's photo
Thu 12/15/11 11:25 PM

I am hating my life at the moment.
I got dumped by my cyber crush which I knew would happen.
I hate my landlord yet don't feel like moving.
My so called friends suck.
Geez, what else? There's more but I am not gonna bother typing it.

flowerforyou I am glad you are here!

Thank-you Pyxxie very much, you made me feel better :smile:

And to iam4u, thanks to you too! Complaining is a female thing that males don't tend to understand, we share and we feel better in the end for sharing.

By the way, I am compassionate and it is one of the reasons why I get hurt but I will keep being compassionate and not let the bad guys win!!

"Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other guy dies."

Jenknee's photo
Thu 12/15/11 06:26 PM
I am hating my life at the moment.
I got dumped by my cyber crush which I knew would happen.
I hate my landlord yet don't feel like moving.
My so called friends suck.
Geez, what else? There's more but I am not gonna bother typing it.

Jenknee's photo
Thu 12/15/11 12:31 AM

The Twelve Days of Christmas

The Meaning Behind The Song

The twelve days of Christmas are the twelve days between Christmas Day, Dec. 25th, the birth of Jesus, and the Epiphany, Jan. 6th, the day Christians celebrate the arrival of the Magi (Wise Men) and the revelation of Christ as the light of the world.

The Christmas song, "The Twelve Days of Christmas" may sound silly and contrived to many of us. But it actually had its origins in religious symbolism - and with a serious purpose.

It dates from a time of religious persecution. The song, "The Twelve Days of Christmas," was written as a kind of secret catechism that could sing in public without fear of arrest - a learning or memory aid to Christians in fact.

The song can be taken at two levels of interpretation - the surface meaning, or the hidden meaning known only to the Christians involved. Each element is a code word for a religious truth.

1. The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus.

2. The two turtledoves are the Old and New Testaments.

3. Three French hens stand for faith, hope and love.

4. The four calling birds are the four Gospels.

5. The five gold rings recall the Hebrew Torah (Law), or the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Old Testament.

6. The six geese a-laying stand for the six days of creation.

7. The seven swans a-swimming represent the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.

8. The eight maids a-milking are the eight Beatitudes.

9. Nine ladies dancing are the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit.

10. The ten lords a-leaping are the Ten Commandments.

11. Eleven pipers piping represent the eleven faithful Apostles.

12. Twelve drummers drumming symbolize the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles Creed.

If you think Jesus being symbolized as a partridge in a pear tree sounds blasphemous, remember:
"Jerusalem! Jerusalem! How often would I have sheltered thee under my wings, as a hen does her chicks, but thou wouldst not have it so." (Luke 13:34 and Matthew 23:34)
The "true love" in the song refers to God Himself.
The "me" receiving the gifts is every Christian.
So that "silly" song we sing at Christmas time has more meaning than we thought.

http://www.holytrinitynewrochelle.org/yourti102896.html

How interesting, I never heard of this before, thanks so much for posting!!

Jenknee's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:49 PM
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it The Present.

After a lousy day, I am going to enjoy my friend's company tonight and remember what a gift it is to have them.

Jenknee's photo
Wed 11/30/11 10:46 PM

This is interesting pertaining to what some of this discussion is about.

http://assemblyoftrueisrael.com/Formsandagreements/MarriageCovenant.html

A Sacred Marriage Covenant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This Marriage Covenant (Contract) is designed to eliminate the need for a "Third Party" (the State) from the Marriage Covenant. Because Marriage is a Religious exercise, No license is required, nor should a license (permission) be requested from the Corporate State. If after the Marriage, the wife desires to "legally" change her last name to that of her husband, it can be done by a simple name change petition through any local District Court. This document is presented for educational purposes only and should not be a substitute for professional legal services.

PRE-NUPTIAL CONTRACT

A Sacred Marriage Covenant/Contract/Agreement

To all to whom these Presents shall come, know Ye:

In keeping with the Spiritual guidance of the Set-Apart (Holy) Scriptures, and keeping in harmony with the Constitution for the united States of America A.D. 1787, the original commercial contract and covenant between the Sovereign "We the People" and our created Government, whereby and wherein "We the People" did not, have not, and will not yield our Sovereignty to those agencies which "We" created to serve Us, and to the extent that a license is permission of a state; it is declared by the First Article of the Bill of Rights for that Constitution (as was the intent of its framers), that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. " Therefore, when a state requires a license for a "Sacred Ecclesiastical Marriage Covenant," it violates the Constitutional Rights of those who desire to exercise their "freedom of religion." It is the desire of the Parties herein to enter into a Sacred Marriage Covenant, which is a religious exercise. Therefore, this Sacred Marriage Covenant is not, nor can it be, established, regulated, or in any way licensed by this state, or any other party or agency.

The bonding relationship of this Nuptial Contract, herein designated as a "Sacred Marriage Covenant," derives its power of authority and existence from the One Supreme Elohim (God) of all creation, whose name is Yahweh, and His resurrected and ascended Son Yahshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ), who is our Master and King, and no other. The terms herein have been Ecclesiastically established by the Parties in the sight of Yahweh, and as attested by the undersigned Witnesses. Both the Constitution for the united States of America A.D. 1787 and the state Constitution protect freedom of Religion and the Right to Contract/Covenant. These Rights and Powers are also recognized by Common Law, International Law, and the natural Universal Laws of the Eternal, Supreme, Sovereign Creator Yahweh.

This Contract is made and entered into this _________________ day of the ____________________ month, in the

Year of our Master, Redeemer, A.D. ________________________________________________, by and between

Jenknee's photo
Wed 11/30/11 10:04 PM
Does anyone else wish Tazzops and thewaterbearer would just meet and live happily ever after and spare us all the Smiley crap?

Said in jest guys,no offense,..but really

Jenknee's photo
Wed 11/30/11 08:50 PM
Watching Christmas in Rockefeller Center while listening in segments to Lyndon LaRouche with Alex Jones talking about Obama being clinically insane and how close we COULD BE to basically WW3 , starting with Syria, Iran and Russia while looking dismally (but still with a glimmer of hope) at Match .com. Lol, only in this household could there be such extremes in media at the same time.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 11/29/11 09:20 PM

Thank you :)

It's us that should be thanking you for sharing. You're welcomed and take care.

Jenknee's photo
Mon 11/28/11 12:37 PM

I thought I might take advantage of this forum and post some of my poems. I have written MY own poems for awhile now and they help me to put into writing feelings and stories about the ups and downs of life, mostly downs for me as my childhood was a bit of a disaster, actually my life whole hasn't been great BUT it does make for great poetry I think! These poems are all 100% mine.

Here is the first I will share and if there is any interest I may add others. Thanks for reading.

Twilight of Shadows

In the twilight of shadows
Where storm clouds abound
In the dusk of my mind
Where no hope is found

A rain swept cemetery
Deep in my soul
A breeze of insanity
Whistled and rolled

In the furthest corner
Of darkest despair
I come face to face
With all that I fear

Tombstones like strangers
Brokenly stare
Engraved with those memories
I scarcely can bear

Hills shaped like monsters, I shudder to look
From behind they hide creatures
My childhood they took

Branches of trees twisted in pain
They creak and they moan
And they scream out my name

Shivers like spiders
They crawl down my spine
I shake just a little
I’m lost in my mind

I do like this one :)

Jenknee's photo
Sun 11/27/11 09:49 PM
My dog tells me she loves me every day and I don't even have to give her a treat laugh

Jenknee's photo
Sun 11/27/11 02:02 PM
Dear St. Nick,

I don't want much this year, I just want the person reading this to be HAPPY. Friends are the fruit cake of life --- some nutty, some soaked in alcohol, some sweet, but mix them together and they're my friends. At Christmas you always hear people talking about what they want & bought. This is what I want: I want people who are sick with no cure to be able to be CURED. I want children with no families to be ADOPTED. I want people to NEVER have to worry about food, shelter & heat. I want PEACE and LOVE for EVERYONE!

(My facebook post)

Jenknee's photo
Sun 11/27/11 10:00 AM

I have heard of some Christian denominations who actually teach their congregation not to associate with anyone except people of the same faith

Yes, sadly it happens a lot. And, even if it's not stated out loud, it is something that is generally expected in many Christian churches. Not all, obviously. I was part of a traditional Catholic Church for some years and associating with non-traditional Catholics is strongly discouraged. This is because the non-Christians could sway you away from your beliefs.

offtopic

It is sad to see how many people have a very wrong view of Christians and/or Catholics. I have never once in my life heard, or was it EVER IMPLIED, to choose to not associate with someone because of their beliefs. We are all God's children regardless of what you may believe.

I have friends and family who follow very different beliefs or no beliefs at all. I respect their choice and they respect mine. I have learned after having a relationship with an athiest, that in the future, I would like to share some Christian beliefs with whoever I may end up with.

Wasn't it you that said earlier in the thread that you weren't on the same team because you are christian? And then you wonder why people have the wrong view of you...

I don't give a rat's behind what view you/others have of me alone. I am not here to appease you. What I was referring to was Christians as a group and how someone views the group as a whole.

After she stated we were on thesame team, I did type that no, we are not on the same team, it is just a fact, take it any way you want. She is welcomed to join the team any time she wants.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 10:40 PM

I have heard of some Christian denominations who actually teach their congregation not to associate with anyone except people of the same faith

Yes, sadly it happens a lot. And, even if it's not stated out loud, it is something that is generally expected in many Christian churches. Not all, obviously. I was part of a traditional Catholic Church for some years and associating with non-traditional Catholics is strongly discouraged. This is because the non-Christians could sway you away from your beliefs.

offtopic

It is sad to see how many people have a very wrong view of Christians and/or Catholics. I have never once in my life heard, or was it EVER IMPLIED, to choose to not associate with someone because of their beliefs. We are all God's children regardless of what you may believe.

I have friends and family who follow very different beliefs or no beliefs at all. I respect their choice and they respect mine. I have learned after having a relationship with an athiest, that in the future, I would like to share some Christian beliefs with whoever I may end up with.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 09:09 PM

i give thanks without mentioning god all the time.

Exactly!!

Whatever Obama, or any other president for that matter does is going to piss off or offend someone.

We all get to worship..or not, how ever we want..including Obama.

There are people who will always choose to be offended, no matter what he or any other President does. Some people seem to need to be offended by something in order to happy.

The good thing about this country is that we have the freedom to thank god or not thank god when we want.

No, we do NOT have the freedom and that is exactly my point. Obama has been picking and choosing what religion and religious practices ONLY he wants. If you invite one, then you should invite them all. Acknowledge Ramadan,(which he did) then he should also acknowledge and allow other events too.

Personally being offended does not make me happy nor do I know anyone who feels that way. Obama cannot offend me personally, he doesn't know me and if he did, I highly doubt he would be capable of offending me. I am just one concerned U.S. citizen, whether anyone likes it or not.

highly inaccurate

there are actually all types of celebrations at the white house, its impossible for any house or person to literally celebrate 'all' of anything

but amongst other traditional events at the white house, besides ramadan , are hanukkah, christmas, easter,,,,,and I could probably go on

RAMADAN is a religious holiday, national prayer day is a day to acknowledge PRAYER,, big difference and not particularly bigoted to not 'celebrate' it since prayer is not something that christians have a monopoly on,,,,,

You're wrong , National Prayer Day is for anyone who prays. They can choose to pray to whoever or whatever. They can also choose to opt out.

I can defend myself all day and will get nowhere with those who disagree. We will have to agree to disagree.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 08:36 PM
I thought this was interesting.

Christian Influences in Our World
This has also been true for the United States in particular. Even today, we are supported and girded by millions of Christians and Theists who believe in the existence of God and gladly choose to respond to His existence in joy and obedience. No country in the world can match the United States for volunteerism and altruism. The number of volunteer groups, service groups, aid groups and non profit agencies in the United States can be matched by no other country on the planet. Every day, people in these voluntary organizations work to feed the poor, house the homeless, teach the young, rehabilitate the broken, assist the aging, and counsel the lost. You probably take much, if not all, of this for granted. But if these faith based groups were removed from our society, what would remain? If believing Christians were removed from our country, what would it look like? Some would say it would look a lot better, and they base this statement on a bad experience they may have had with a Christian in the past, (as if one bad experience with a car could ever remove their faith in automobile transportation!)

The Faith of the Fathers
But the reality is that our society exists in the shadow of its God fearing founders and on the foundation of an unshakable belief in God. Even those who would deny God in our country are only afforded the opportunity for this denial because they live in a place where Christians originally reached out in love and tolerance:

#1 Patrick Henry
'It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.'

#2 Charles Carroll
signer of the Declaration of Independence
'Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments.'

#3 John Adams
The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . the general principles of Christianity. . . . I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature. Twenty times in the course of my late reading have I been on the point of breaking out, 'This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion at all!!!' But in this exclamation I would have been as fanatical as Bryant or Cleverly. Without religion, this world would be something not fit to be mentioned in polite company, I mean hell.

#4 Samuel Adams
a signer of the Declaration of Independence
The right to freedom being the gift of the Almighty...The rights of the colonists as Christians...may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutions of The Great Law Giver and Head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.

#5 Alexander Hamilton
signed the Constitution, and became the first Secretary of the Treasury
In my opinion, the present constitution is the standard to which we are to cling. Under its banner bona fide must we combat our political foes, rejecting all changes but through the channel itself provided for amendments. By these general views of the subject have my reflections been guided. I now offer you the outline of the plan they have suggested. Let an association be formed to be denominated 'The Christian Constitutional Society,' its object to be first: The support of the Christian religion. second: The support of the United States

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 05:50 PM

No, we do NOT have the freedom and that is exactly my point. Obama has been picking and choosing what religion and religious practices ONLY he wants. If you invite one, then you should invite them all. Acknowledge Ramadan,(which he did) then he should also acknowledge and allow other events too.

Now the tables are turned perhaps.

Christians have been doing that for years and years.

That is, acknowledging only Christianity and nothing else.

Has there ever been a President elected that was not Christian?(Or claiming to be.)

Nope.

All of my life I have seen countless Christians imply that the only real "God" in existence is theirs, and I've been told that all other Gods and all other religions are false.

NOW you want equality?

This is why we are not on the same team. I'm Christian, you are not.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 05:16 PM

i give thanks without mentioning god all the time.

Exactly!!

Whatever Obama, or any other president for that matter does is going to piss off or offend someone.

We all get to worship..or not, how ever we want..including Obama.

There are people who will always choose to be offended, no matter what he or any other President does. Some people seem to need to be offended by something in order to happy.

The good thing about this country is that we have the freedom to thank god or not thank god when we want.

Personally being offended does not make me happy nor do I know anyone who feels that way. Obama cannot offend me personally, he doesn't know me and if he did, I highly doubt he would be capable of offending me. I am just one concerned U.S. citizen, whether anyone likes it or not.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 03:54 PM

But Obama's reign has not affected me much.

My life is pretty much the same.

I'm too far down the pecking order to notice any ripple effect.

... so far anyway.

No, we are not on the same team,I say that with all respect. I am happy though that you might vote for Ron Paul given the chance.

This is for anyone who is interested in just one aspect of the wrongdoing of our current president. Certainly the loss of a murdered Border Patrol agent has affected many lives, but not yours personally huh Jeanniebean?

http://youtu.be/SwOuKomvI1g Murdered Border Patrol agent

http://youtu.be/Qvk_WICNMLc Holder (attorney general) being questioned along with proof of Operation Fast & Furious

http://youtu.be/TFrApLNmjtk Pay attention to the very first sentence "The President has directed us.." , he mentions Holder also.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 02:45 PM

Freedom of religion should include freedom from religion. When they are telling the schools and football games that they can't pray to God in Public, how can Obama or any of our Presidents stand up in front of the entire nation and do it?

He is going to get jumped on no matter what he does then right?

If he thanks God in front of the entire nation, then the schools are going to say, then why can't we do the same thing?

It makes perfect sense that he did not thank a "Christian" God in front of a nation filled with many different kinds of religions.

No, people should not be the least bit upset.

If Christians want to be upset, and they feel better about being upset, there is not much anyone can do about it. They are always whining about something.

And people are grasping at straws trying to find things to criticize Obama about.

I say to these people, GET A LIFE.

I know I do not have to grasp at straws to have many reasons why I hate the guy. YOU are making this a Christian thing, I am not!! I mentioned religion because he is signaling out some while allowing other religious events to occur. He did not mention God at Thanksgiving but he sure acknowledged Ramadan, what don't you understand here?

Here are just a few more reasons why I don't like him. Just gonna use key words ...

Healthcare reform

Cap & Trade treaty

Super Congress

Involving us in Libya

Doing a troops surge in Afganistan instead of the exact opposite he said he would do during his campaign.

His acceptance of the Peace Prize when he was barely elected and did nothing whatsoever for peace.

ATF gun running to Mexican cartels

Just a few of the reasons why I HATE Obama. Did you see anything about religion mentioned in my list? Get off your finger pointing and using the Christian card.

Healthcare reform?

-- I haven't noticed any.

Cap & Trade treaty

-- I'll have to look that up. What that his idea?

Super Congress --

What is that?

Involving us in Libya
- New World Order agenda, -they probably made him do that.

Doing a troops surge in Afganistan instead of the exact opposite he said he would do during his campaign.

--- Do you believe the President has the power you think he does? (They Killed Kennedy when Kennedy defied them and was going to start printing real money.)

His acceptance of the Peace Prize when he was barely elected and did nothing whatsoever for peace.

That's a b.s. perk that means nothing. What would you expect him to do? Refuse it?

ATF gun running to Mexican cartels

That operation has been going on since before Obama. Its just business as usual.laugh laugh

You laugh now. You are naive to think that all this has not affected you, whether it is now or in the future becuase it will at some point!! Once you do realize it, I highly doubt you will be laughing then.

Jenknee's photo
Sat 11/26/11 02:33 PM
Edited by Jenknee on Sat 11/26/11 02:40 PM

"This is one reason why I hate Obama. He has no transparency like he promised and any "Change" has been all downward."

"Hate" is a strong and consuming word to use toward another human being.

"Suspect" is has more of a consensus.

Hating Obama gives me the passion to use my voice and tell others to wake up!! You can choose to listen or not to listen. I have joined 2 groups to help support Ron Paul for president, it may be a small part I play but I try to do what I can.

One more video in case someone is interested. Alan Keyes speaks out against Obama."Stop Obama or the US will cease to exist"

http://youtu.be/xphzHqcLvNs

I agree, I rarely use the hate word but I do HATE Obama.

"Hate" is self-consuming if it is not used as fuel
to motivate you to "change" the situation for the better.

Or should I have said "RE-change"?
flowerforyou

Thankyou for the re-change comment and flower :)

Hating Obama gives me the passion to use my voice and tell others to wake up!! You can choose to listen or not to listen. I have joined 2 groups to help support Ron Paul for president, it may be a small part I play but I try to do what I can. I respect anyone's decision on who to vote for. I can only say who I choose and some reasons why. The majority of the media is doing their part to ignore Ron Paul.

One more video in case someone is interested. Alan Keyes speaks out against Obama."Stop Obama or the US will cease to exist"

http://youtu.be/xphzHqcLvNs

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 21 22