Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/18/12 12:21 PM

People shouldn't be supporting a family while working off of fast food. It is a job not a career.

Boy!.... talk about being out of touch with reality...huh

So what would you suggest then? That people with low paying jobs, (poor people)should not be allowed to reproduce or raise a family?

How about passing a law against the poor procreating, or better yet, sterilize the poor people so they can't raise a family and they would die out in one generation. That would certainly solve the problem of all the poor people.

Then who would serve your meals, and mow your lawns?

Who would work the "jobs" then?

Way to go over the top. Advocating a little personal responsibility is not the same as passing laws. Lets see, if I couldn't afford a family my first priority would be not to have one until I could. Sorry I don't feel I owe people something because when I made good decisions and got a career. Who should work fast food? High school and college kids. That is who does most of it. If you are in that situation and you have to work more than one job then that is a consequence. Life is full of lessons and rewards and consequences. Some we choose and some we dont. Think I choose to have an attachment disorder due to my childhood? Nope but I make the best of it. People can make their own way in life. I didn't expect others to make it for me and they shouldn't expect me to make it for them. You reap what you sow.

Your remark shows me a snobbish attitude and how far out of touch you are with reality and most people. If everyone were smart enough to stay single and not have any children because they don't have a high paying "career" that might be nice, but people are not that smart, and that's a fact.

These days girls sexually mature at 14 due to growth hormones in our food, and are getting pregnant at 14 or 16, leaving their children for their parents to raise. Half of them are hooked on crystal meth. Its a disaster. A teen with a baby and a "job" is to be commended for actually having a job.

It sounds like you are parroting something your dad preached to you. But not everyone can afford to go to college and get high paying careers and live as the middle class. Most people are classified at the poverty level.

Nevertheless, people will procreate anyway, like it or not. That is called NATURE.

I am a strong believer in the law of attraction and reaping what you sow so I agree with most of what you say, but realistically it ain't gonna happen and is not happening.

But saying that people "shouldn't be supporting a family while working off of fast food. It is a job not a career." ...is not advocating personal responsibility. It sounds like preaching or being judgmental. Sometimes families happen. Yes, young people are stupid and ignorant for getting pregnant and most of them are clueless and on drugs.

Be very thankful that you are not one of them.

You realize sexual maturity at 14 is natural and common.

You are only 27 years old.

It seems "natural and common" this day and age. But when I was 14 it was not natural and common at all.

Diet could have a lot to do with it, and growth hormones are in the meat we eat and in the chickens.

It did not happen that often in my experience 50 years ago. Before you were born.

I see it rampant today.

It has changed 2-3 months on average from the early 1970s and the fact that people of Hispanic and african descent go through it earlier and their population has greatly increased since then could make up that 2-3 month difference in the past 40 years.

what is the 'it' in question?

just curious,,

sexual maturity in females

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/18/12 11:40 AM

People shouldn't be supporting a family while working off of fast food. It is a job not a career.

So what would you suggest then? That people with low paying jobs, (poor people)should not be allowed to reproduce or raise a family?

How about passing a law against the poor procreating, or better yet, sterilize the poor people so they can't raise a family and they would die out in one generation. That would certainly solve the problem of all the poor people.

Way to go over the top. Advocating a little personal responsibility is not the same as passing laws. Lets see, if I couldn't afford a family my first priority would be not to have one until I could. Sorry I don't feel I owe people something because when I made good decisions and got a career. Who should work fast food? High school and college kids. That is who does most of it. If you are in that situation and you have to work more than one job then that is a consequence. Life is full of lessons and rewards and consequences. Some we choose and some we dont. Think I choose to have an attachment disorder due to my childhood? Nope but I make the best of it. People can make their own way in life. I didn't expect others to make it for me and they shouldn't expect me to make it for them. You reap what you sow.

Your remark shows me a snobbish attitude and how far out of touch you are with reality and most people. If everyone were smart enough to stay single and not have any children because they don't have a high paying "career" that might be nice, but people are not that smart, and that's a fact.

These days girls sexually mature at 14 due to growth hormones in our food, and are getting pregnant at 14 or 16, leaving their children for their parents to raise. Half of them are hooked on crystal meth. Its a disaster. A teen with a baby and a "job" is to be commended for actually having a job.

It sounds like you are parroting something your dad preached to you. But not everyone can afford to go to college and get high paying careers and live as the middle class. Most people are classified at the poverty level.

Nevertheless, people will procreate anyway, like it or not. That is called NATURE.

I am a strong believer in the law of attraction and reaping what you sow so I agree with most of what you say, but realistically it ain't gonna happen and is not happening.

But saying that people "shouldn't be supporting a family while working off of fast food. It is a job not a career." ...is not advocating personal responsibility. It sounds like preaching or being judgmental. Sometimes families happen. Yes, young people are stupid and ignorant for getting pregnant and most of them are clueless and on drugs.

You are only 27 years old.

It seems "natural and common" this day and age. But when I was 14 it was not natural and common at all.

Diet could have a lot to do with it, and growth hormones are in the meat we eat and in the chickens.

It did not happen that often in my experience 50 years ago. Before you were born.

I see it rampant today.

It has changed 2-3 months on average from the early 1970s and the fact that people of Hispanic and african descent go through it earlier and their population has greatly increased since then could make up that 2-3 month difference in the past 40 years.

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/18/12 06:47 AM
my vote is 78.2% of the people on that site are retarded.

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/18/12 06:46 AM

I think Papa Johns pizza sucks! As far as fast pizza is concerned I'll take lil Caesars anyday

really? I think lil Ceasars is the worst around lol.

Chazster's photo
Sat 11/17/12 08:10 PM

Chazster's photo
Sat 11/17/12 07:11 AM

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 08:05 PM

To me it is shameful that people who already have a butt load of maney can go in and buy a franchise, hire a hundred plus employees only less than a tenth of which make full time hours and have benefits that earn them enough money to support themself much less a small family while they rake in thousands above their costs selling high calorie low quality food to customers who many of which buy their over priced products with Food Stamps.

The fact that the employees are under employed and must commute frequently between second even third jobs contributeing to smog/traffic congestion or overloading public transit, depend on food banks, and often depend on other public services and hospitals for medical care means the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and the middleclass inches closer to the lower class.

That many of these employees have less than a highschool education wheather they are a safe bet as far as high standards of health practices is something to be monitored by understaffed public health inspectors with minimal powers.

And all the rest of us do suffer as many of tyhese employees do not move up the employeement foodchain and when one of their franchises become unprofitable they simply close up, layoff, sell off, and leave the shells of retail space to blight the communities they are abandoned in while the owners write the losses off their taxes. AND current employees often end up homeless and fully dependent on public assistance, couch surfing, or moving into drug trafficing because the shelter systems are long past capacity and their families can not afford to help support them with no further rent share.

People shouldn't be supporting a family while working off of fast food. It is a job not a career. Business owners take risks. Have to manage and run the business. They put for money and deserve the rewards they get.

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 05:45 PM

I will say this and I am being kind.

IF republicans had their way this country would not be worth defending.

Why would we need a trillion dollar defense spending bill?

What on earth would we be defending?

You don't even realize that not all defense spending goes just to defense. I bet the defense program I am a part of effects most people on a daily basis. hmm what are we defending? How about our Country and resources, our ally's and their resources, our imports and exports. Do you think Korea or Japan would be where they are today without us? They wouldn't be. The Sony's, Samsungs, Toshibas, Hyndai, Toyota, Subaru, etc would be gone. Lots of stuff. No GPS, microwaves, etc. Do you know how many things we use now that was invented with defense spending?
So we are defending what? our trade partners who dump on us?
Factories that have little better than slave wages?
Part time jobs with no benefits?

I suspect many of these Items would have been created with or without defense spending.

How sad really public money being used by private firms who socialize the cost and privatize the profits. Its pathetic when you think about it.

Those companies that get so much do not even support the system that has been so very good to them.

Wow you are uneducated. None of those things describe Japan or Korea. Have you been to either country. I have been to both. Without defense spending we wouldn't even be a country. Who do you think monitors space weather and radiation from solar flares etc that could damage satellites, injure pilots and passengers of planes, effect navigation of aircraft, etc. The government. There are lots of things you don't know about.You don't know if those things would have been invented or how much later. And yea defense contractors do give back, now you are just making stuff up.

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 03:20 PM

Maybe someone should get some facts instead of spewing fox news reports.

"Overall annual medical liability system costs, including defensive medicine, are estimated to be $55.6 billion in 2008 dollars, or 2.4 percent of total health care spending."

yes 2.4 percent.

Medical over billing is estimated to be 3% to 10% of healthcare cost.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3048809/

from your own source

We have highlighted the many limitations to the data available to support this analysis. Our estimates should be interpreted cautiously, with recognition that some system cost elements were excluded and others—particularly the defensive medicine figures—were estimated based on substantial assumptions and extrapolations.

They also say

"we did not evaluate the social benefits of the medical liability system, of which there are arguably at least three types.

SOCIAL BENEFITS OF THE LIABILITY SYSTEM
The system makes injured patients whole by providing compensation; it provides other forms of “corrective justice” for injured persons,"

So they didn't take into account payments to injured people which is very expensive as well.
Feel free to provide another source that is as factual.

I do not expect anyone to hit the nail exactly on the head with the factors involved but its a safe bet to say its a good ballpark figure.

Its a good ball park for premiums but that doesn't show the cost of the system.

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 03:19 PM

I will say this and I am being kind.

IF republicans had their way this country would not be worth defending.

Why would we need a trillion dollar defense spending bill?

What on earth would we be defending?

You don't even realize that not all defense spending goes just to defense. I bet the defense program I am a part of effects most people on a daily basis. hmm what are we defending? How about our Country and resources, our ally's and their resources, our imports and exports. Do you think Korea or Japan would be where they are today without us? They wouldn't be. The Sony's, Samsungs, Toshibas, Hyndai, Toyota, Subaru, etc would be gone. Lots of stuff. No GPS, microwaves, etc. Do you know how many things we use now that was invented with defense spending?

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 03:13 PM
Edited by Chazster on Fri 11/16/12 03:13 PM

Maybe someone should get some facts instead of spewing fox news reports.

"Overall annual medical liability system costs, including defensive medicine, are estimated to be $55.6 billion in 2008 dollars, or 2.4 percent of total health care spending."

yes 2.4 percent.

Medical over billing is estimated to be 3% to 10% of healthcare cost.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3048809/

from your own source

We have highlighted the many limitations to the data available to support this analysis. Our estimates should be interpreted cautiously, with recognition that some system cost elements were excluded and others—particularly the defensive medicine figures—were estimated based on substantial assumptions and extrapolations.

They also say

"we did not evaluate the social benefits of the medical liability system, of which there are arguably at least three types.

SOCIAL BENEFITS OF THE LIABILITY SYSTEM
The system makes injured patients whole by providing compensation; it provides other forms of “corrective justice” for injured persons,"

So they didn't take into account payments to injured people which is very expensive as well.

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 03:05 PM

a quick review of this thread reminds me why Obama won the election.

Most Americans reject the right wing views on just about everything.

The Obama victory isn't the end all for sure but its a victory and demographics and the future belong to people who care about others and not just themselves.

Dont you mean care about others paying for themselves?

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/16/12 06:15 AM

My husband and I thought we had a great insurance plan. Plus my husband had Medicare too...But when he developed cancer we were in for a rude awakening concerning our coverage...All the unexpected bills and expenses (that weren't covered) pretty much wiped out our savings...Why has treatment become so expensive? Back in the 60's families could afford to pay for doctor visits and hospital stays and even childbirth out of their own pocket if need be...This was before corporations shipped so many jobs overseas. And before HMO's took over and became so greedy!...People who have lived long lives remember how things used to be back in the old days. (Before the era of non-stop corporate "hustling" and greed.)

Why are things so expensive? 1 technology 2 inflation 3 malpractice insurance.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 07:56 PM

Obama won by over 100 electorial votes. Close is not good enough. Romney got less votes than mccain. Thats how the people spoke majority rules simple

Electoral is not the people. So quit saying the people have spoken.

Yes it is.

That is the way it has always been done, like it or not.
He won, get over it people.

The people and the electoral college has spoken.

I never said he didn't win. I said he didn't win by a large margin. The electoral is not the people Asia state can vote one way and their electoral vote doesn't have to follow that. When about 30% of a country votes and an election is won by 2% I down consider it a large margin. If we had a popular vote he could have won by more or lost as more people in non swing states don't vote.

Also many people are completely uninformed on politics so just because someone wins doesn't mean they support their policies or even know what thou are. That can be said for both sides of the aisle. Either way I will continue to support whichever candidate is the least big government.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 06:37 PM

Obama won by over 100 electorial votes. Close is not good enough. Romney got less votes than mccain. Thats how the people spoke majority rules simple

Electoral is not the people. So quit saying the people have spoken.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 06:30 PM

willing2
While ya'll all out ther boycotting, boycott the businesses that hire Illegals. They don't pay for health insurance either.

I don't care about who doesn't pay for health insurance. Like I have said at least four times already, businesses have been doing that for 20 years. IT IS NOTHING NEW.

I seek to boycott the loud mouthed chains who feel it necessary to announce publicly that they are going to cut hours because of Obamacare forcing them to provide health insurance. With or without Obamacare tax, they are too cheap to provide health insurance.

They are just announcing to the world how they don't really care about their employees... which we already know, but I say boycott them for being cheap ********.

So, as long as they are quiet about not providing health coverage, you down with them?

Guess she doesn't think honesty is the best policy.

That is not it at all. They are just stupid to advertise how cheap they are and how much they don't care about their employees.

They are just resisting the change that Obama caused. He did promise change after all. People hate change.

Instead of hurting their employees, they should just refuse to pay the tax.

Breaking the law isn't good for business. It's better to admit what you are doing then have people learn about it any other way. I respect their honesty.

laugh laugh laugh

It is called protest. They are just too cowardly to do it. They would much rather whine and hurt their employees, cutting hours and wages and announcing that is their plan.

Heaven forbid they take a loss and make less profit.

Heaven forbid they protest by refusing to pay taxes or fines to their overlords.

They just let their workers take the brunt of it.

And the workers don't get the healthcare either.

Good show.

Boycott the cowards.

And yet less cowardly than those that do it but don't admit. Yet you already said you don't care about that so you doubt care about cowardness.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 06:20 PM

You're right you did earn what you got a do deserve your reward but you did it in a country that has many others. majority rules thats why the last election was not even close the people have spoke. Not all people in trouble are on drugs or drunks no one is reponsible for them its just the majority feels that heath care is for all. There can be different plans for people who can afford more no problem but the poor need help, there americans so we need to help them . We help other countries with money and medicine and even our soldiers lifes. We can help people that are our fellow citizens.

How was it not close ? He won by 2% that isn't close ? And it's not majority rules. This is a republic not a democracy.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 06:19 PM

I hate taxes too. I hate fines, fees, licences, penalties etc. They are all taxes. I understand people being angry at more regulations and more taxes. I have no idea how Obamacare will effect me or how much I will have to pay extra out of my income for it, or if the care will be any good. I try to stay as healthy as possible.

I dislike the corruption in this government and the way the banksters have cheated and stolen our wealth from us and how they manipulate the stock market. I hate all of that.

But employers should find a way to pay a living wage and if they did that, then people would be able to pay for healthcare. People deserve affordable healthcare. The drug companies are over charging, the doctors are overcharging, the hospitals are over charging. The costs are RIDICULOUS. UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

If people couldn't sue doctors it would be cheaper.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 06:17 PM

willing2
While ya'll all out ther boycotting, boycott the businesses that hire Illegals. They don't pay for health insurance either.

I don't care about who doesn't pay for health insurance. Like I have said at least four times already, businesses have been doing that for 20 years. IT IS NOTHING NEW.

I seek to boycott the loud mouthed chains who feel it necessary to announce publicly that they are going to cut hours because of Obamacare forcing them to provide health insurance. With or without Obamacare tax, they are too cheap to provide health insurance.

They are just announcing to the world how they don't really care about their employees... which we already know, but I say boycott them for being cheap ********.

So, as long as they are quiet about not providing health coverage, you down with them?

Guess she doesn't think honesty is the best policy.

That is not it at all. They are just stupid to advertise how cheap they are and how much they don't care about their employees.

They are just resisting the change that Obama caused. He did promise change after all. People hate change.

Instead of hurting their employees, they should just refuse to pay the tax.

Breaking the law isn't good for business. It's better to admit what you are doing then have people learn about it any other way. I respect their honesty.

Chazster's photo
Thu 11/15/12 06:06 PM

The country is for the people and majority rules. Singlemindness is what won the last 2 elections for our president. The people have spoke and now others will get health insurance. America has changed, People want a fair chance at happiness, the poor need health care just like the rich. The computer has changed life in America it puts out a lot of information, more people vote for a change in thinking. Do not be afraid feel good about helping someone less fortune than you. Go volunteer at asoup kitchen or your local shelter. It will open your eyes. People are in trouble and need help badly. Theres no greater feeling than helping your fellow man. Look into a child eyes who's sick and the scared look in her mothers eyes Think of how paying a little more for things would help them and how good it would make you feel.

I have no problem with people helping. I have helped, adopted a family for Christmas. I volunteered at a place that provides clothes and other things for the poor. That is fine. I am not however responsible for them. I don't mind choosing to help but none should be forced to. I struggled to be where I am and I deserve to keep what I have earned.