Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Fri 11/09/12 05:32 AM

You are trying to sound intelligent and yet you don't even defend your points or try to make any valuable arguments for them. So is your argument that I can't use the meaning of the word to prove you are incorrect?

I have no points to defend.

The question has always been this: Science presumes that we evolved from inanimate (unconcsious) matter.

And yet they cannot explain how inanimate matter goes from being inanimate (dead) to conscious (alive).

Or how that happens. In other words, science does not know how living conscious life evolves from inanimate matter, and they refuse to consider that there is no such thing as "inanimate matter."

It is all consciousness.

Conscious does not equal alive.

You will not ever get to "alive" without it.

Everything is alive, but just not according to our limited understanding of "life."

a virus is alive yet not conscious, plants, etc

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 08:23 PM
Meh its only Pueblo County.

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 08:18 PM

You are trying to sound intelligent and yet you don't even defend your points or try to make any valuable arguments for them. So is your argument that I can't use the meaning of the word to prove you are incorrect?

I have no points to defend.

The question has always been this: Science presumes that we evolved from inanimate (unconcsious) matter.

And yet they cannot explain how inanimate matter goes from being inanimate (dead) to conscious (alive).

Or how that happens. In other words, science does not know how living conscious life evolves from inanimate matter, and they refuse to consider that there is no such thing as "inanimate matter."

It is all consciousness.

Conscious does not equal alive.

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 08:14 PM

If you are so sure it exists then why are you asking if scientists should say it doesn't? You obviously don't even know what you wrote. Tangibility doesn't determine existence.

Maybe you should have better reading comprehension. My question was:

Would science (scientists) be a lot happier if they could say there was no such thing as consciousness?

I asked that question because science cannot prove or disprove the existences of consciousness but they HAVE TO admit that it does in fact exist.

Therefore, they have to admit they don't have a clue about what it is.

According to who they can't prove it exists? Can I not walk up to a doctor and ask if a patient is conscious? Does he say "I don't know... I can't tell?"

Never mind. I can see that you have not really given the subject very much deep thought. You are using the term simply to mean the difference between being asleep or in a coma and or (apparently) awake.

But even when a person is asleep or in a coma, they are conscious to a degree.

Oh well. Maybe you should give it some more thought. We are not even on the same page in this discussion I can see.

No i am answering giving the meaning of the word. It is awareness. You can measure someone's awareness by asking them or by scanning the electronic signals passed in the brain. Response to a stimuli is awareness or consciousnesses of it.

Now I may not be able to physically measure somethings self awareness but I can sure as hell as a person. The fact that I can't measure something doesn't make it non existent. Can you measure an idea? It is an abstract thing, but idea's exist.

Your whole argument is based on the fallacy that the absence of proof is the proof of absence and that is just not the case.

Note your above statement in bold.

It makes no sense.

Since everyone agrees that consciousness DOES EXIST (but it cannot be proven to exist) the "absence of proof is not "proof of absence."

I am not attempting to prove or disprove the existence of consciousness, simply because I KNOW IT EXIST because I experience it.

Everyone agrees that consciousness exists because they themselves experience it. Correct?

But science has no clue where it comes from or what it is. Awareness is just another name for it. It does not answer the questions about where it comes from or how it exists etc.

Did you even read the entire thread?

Where does matter and energy come from? Where does life come from? Where does happiness come from? Sadness? Love? Thought? Creativity? How does anything exist?

We can't prove any of it. So what? Scientists don't prove a lot of things. There are lots of accepted Theory's. They are Theory's because they can't be proven. If they could be proven they would be laws, and even then laws are not true in all cases.

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 07:49 PM

If you are so sure it exists then why are you asking if scientists should say it doesn't? You obviously don't even know what you wrote. Tangibility doesn't determine existence.

Would science (scientists) be a lot happier if they could say there was no such thing as consciousness?

I asked that question because science cannot prove or disprove the existences of consciousness but they HAVE TO admit that it does in fact exist.

According to who they can't prove it exists? Can I not walk up to a doctor and ask if a patient is conscious? Does he say "I don't know... I can't tell?"

Never mind. I can see that you have not really given the subject very much deep thought. You are using the term simply to mean the difference between being asleep or in a coma and or (apparently) awake.

But even when a person is asleep or in a coma, they are conscious to a degree.

Oh well. Maybe you should give it some more thought. We are not even on the same page in this discussion I can see.

No i am answering giving the meaning of the word. It is awareness. You can measure someone's awareness by asking them or by scanning the electronic signals passed in the brain. Response to a stimuli is awareness or consciousnesses of it.

Now I may not be able to physically measure somethings self awareness but I can sure as hell as a person. The fact that I can't measure something doesn't make it non existent. Can you measure an idea? It is an abstract thing, but idea's exist.

Your whole argument is based on the fallacy that the absence of proof is the proof of absence and that is just not the case.

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 07:22 PM
Edited by Chazster on Mon 11/05/12 07:23 PM

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 07:03 PM

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 05:33 AM
Oh no they stole this idea from NBC's Heroes. They must have enlisted the aid of Micah.

Chazster's photo
Mon 11/05/12 05:25 AM

Would science be a lot happier if they could say there was no such thing as consciousness?

Can you be sure if something is conscious our not?

What is consciousness? How can you measure it?

Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

You can look up the definition of the word. It is quite simple. Something doesn't have to be measurable to exist. I have thoughts, ideas. Can you measure them? No you can't. It is not a tangible thing so it can not be measured. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If the subject of consciousness was as simple as looking up the definition in some dictionary, then scientists and philosophers would not have been going round and round about this subject for years and years.

laugh laugh laugh

There is a difference in questioning what causes or makes up consciousness vs if it exists or what it is. Not my fault you ask the wrong questions.

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/04/12 08:49 PM

Hey shoesmonkey
A neighbor! OMG, I just noticed.

I just moved to Springs last week. I am now your neighbor too. Beware! scared

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/04/12 08:23 PM

I will stay in Nagoya for a year...

There are some Turkish people there as they have restaurants. You should be able to meet some fellow countrymen. If you are interested in foreign food I can tell you where to eat. I know the best place for burgers, Indian food, Mexican, and pizza in town. I also know a guy that throws international parties.

Hi again,
It will be good and useful feedback from you.
Thanks

Burgers - Layers
Pizza- Shooters
Indian - Mughal Palace
Mexican - desperados

Those as the restaurants.

http://www.mixerparty.jp/

There is a link for international mixer parties. They have one every month. It is usually at Shooters or Red Rock. Shooters is near Fushimi station ( I lived near here) Red Rock is near Sakae. If you have facebook there are some other people that I know that throw parties as well. One of the guys used to work at Shooters but he quit recently.

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/04/12 07:08 PM
Not a single person is gonna mention the end of they Mayan Calendar? I mean stuff was/is supposed to happen during the whole year of 2012 before the world ends.

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/04/12 07:05 PM
I think its a battle for Ohio. My bet is whoever ends up with Ohio wins the election.

Chazster's photo
Sun 11/04/12 07:02 PM

Would science be a lot happier if they could say there was no such thing as consciousness?

Can you be sure if something is conscious our not?

What is consciousness? How can you measure it?

Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

You can look up the definition of the word. It is quite simple. Something doesn't have to be measurable to exist. I have thoughts, ideas. Can you measure them? No you can't. It is not a tangible thing so it can not be measured. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Chazster's photo
Mon 10/29/12 10:09 AM

Do right wingers ever have any ideas of their own, or can they only cut and paste?

Because the left wingers on this site never ever cut and past?
rofl

Chazster's photo
Mon 10/29/12 10:07 AM

I am a gamer and have a 42 inch vizio smart tv. It works great and was a great price. It had the best cnet reviews for it's size not even counting price. The only problem I heard at all is for vizio 3ds as their 3d is top notch but 2d is below average. This isn't the case on 2d only models so I got a 2d only.

I just got mine yesterday and it works awesome! It is the best picture I have ever seen on a tv! It's the Vizio Razor 47in 120hz 1080 LED TV with wifi enabled and on the back of the remote a full computer keyboard, I just watched Youtube videos on it. Also it has a light sensor when the lights are on the screen is automatically brighter and when they lights go off it is automatically lighter.

he only thing is the sound sucks and I have a WAY older surround dound system and it doesn't work right there is a five second lag from the screen to the speaker :(

Most flat panels have sucky sound, mine is fine but I plan to get a sound bar and sub woofer for it. That can be done for under $300 which can still put you under competitors price for just the tv which you would also need more sound lol.

Chazster's photo
Sat 10/27/12 07:51 AM

Latest poll results

76.9 % yes it was an inside job.
12.4% say no

The rest are the other choices.

Thank you all for voting.

drinker

Who can defend the official version of 911 and keep a straight face at this point?

Who can read one of your posts and keep a straight face at this point?
laugh
It would seem to me if you posted at Freethoughtnation it would be yourself in the minority.

I would recommend you go there cast your vote and debate the issue there.

the numbers are the same today.

76.9% for inside job

12.4 against.

round it up and it its 80% to 12%.

so stop the mock and ridicule it makes your argument seem foolish and a waste of time.

I am almost certain that these numbers reflect the thinking public and not the folks who enjoy TV and mindless activities.

Again that poll is useless. It is a poll on a CT site asking CTs whether or not they think the Conspiracy is true. Let me go to a website about the search for aliens and let me have a poll if they believe their is other life in the universe. Do you think they will correctly project the views of the general population? I mean its not rocket science to understand that a poll on a website that is only viewed by people on that website could have almost 0 credibility.

What is really hard to explain is the 12.4% against!laugh

probably a few people troll that website for fun lol

Chazster's photo
Sat 10/27/12 07:42 AM

Latest poll results

76.9 % yes it was an inside job.
12.4% say no

The rest are the other choices.

Thank you all for voting.

drinker

Who can defend the official version of 911 and keep a straight face at this point?

Who can read one of your posts and keep a straight face at this point?
laugh
It would seem to me if you posted at Freethoughtnation it would be yourself in the minority.

I would recommend you go there cast your vote and debate the issue there.

the numbers are the same today.

76.9% for inside job

12.4 against.

round it up and it its 80% to 12%.

so stop the mock and ridicule it makes your argument seem foolish and a waste of time.

I am almost certain that these numbers reflect the thinking public and not the folks who enjoy TV and mindless activities.

Again that poll is useless. It is a poll on a CT site asking CTs whether or not they think the Conspiracy is true. Let me go to a website about the search for aliens and let me have a poll if they believe their is other life in the universe. Do you think they will correctly project the views of the general population? I mean its not rocket science to understand that a poll on a website that is only viewed by people on that website could have almost 0 credibility.

Chazster's photo
Thu 10/25/12 07:45 AM
How about we take a poll with Boeing engineers and structural engineers and see what percent think it's an inside job?

Chazster's photo
Wed 10/24/12 06:14 PM
Lol it's a disguised CT site lol. Even the forum has a dedicated Jesus conspiracy section lol. So yea a ct site is going to be heavily swayed in a certain direction.