Community > Posts By > Leigh2154

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 01:58 PM

"I thought the topic was about 'our' federal republic" L2

L2, the topic is:
how irrelavant is government?

mw then commented on the "Roman Empire".
"There are many parallels to the fall of the Roman Empire." mw

That introduces the issue of military; a prominent feature of U.S. foreign policy.
"not our military..." L2

The United States military is a U.S. federal government function.
Even the State militias that report to their State's governor, owe their allegiance to the president, our CIC.

If you have missed the significance of mw's point,
the Holy Roman Empire over-extended itself, and thereby extinguished itself.
You think that's not material to the U.S.?
"... today there are over 320,000 [U.S.] Army troops alone, deployed in 120 countries overseas. That's more than 60% of the entire [U.S.] Army." NBC-TV Nightly News March 9, '04

We may already be over-extended.

- We are not the solar-system's policeman.

- And we ought not continue to play the role of the planet's vigilante'.

Is that relevant to:
how irrelavant is government?

Of course.
It's an on topic discussion about the relevance of government.

And if you know of a better comparison for U.S. military spending than other NATO member nations, please share.
"... everyone's for big government. The American People say we hate big government, but we like our social security and medicare. That's 38% of government right there. The biggest components of government are the most popular components of government."
George Will Nov 30, 2003

I never miss Joe's point because his points always seem relevant to me... :-)

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 12:26 PM

but i couldn't to call to let you know i couldn't make it!!!

...and THAT PART RIGHT THERE.....the inconsistent typing/spelling/sentencing...UGHHHHHHHHslaphead slaphead slaphead

offtopic Guess i AM a little ocd when it comes to that shades

laugh laugh

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 12:25 PM

"I disagree with that I highlighted in bold and Denmark's government is a constitutional monarchy making your question 'irrelevant'" L2

If style of government were the issue I'd agree.
But virtually every federal government has a military.
I gather the Vatican is theologically pacifist; yet they have their Swiss Guard.

I thought Denmark was a NATO member, and therefore must have a military, as it's a membership requirement.

But it wouldn't matter. Pick any counter-example you prefer, with whatever style of government you wish.
The same exact rule applies.

Being armed to the teeth as we are indicates one of two things.
- Either we're paranoid, and it's not necessary. Or,
- We're making enemies most other nations don't have.

And btw, some might consider the U.K. a monarchy.
But it has a Prime Minister (I've been to his house) and a functioning parliament.
The House of Windsor is more or less a nostalgic legacy retained for tourism.

I thought the topic was about 'our' federal republic, not our military...Or the Prime Minister's house...whoa

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 12:15 PM

~~~WARNING, INCOMING RANT~~~

Yes, it's that time for This Gal.....sooooo very tired of the games and the same sh*tty messages over and over and over again. Also, very tired of the "hey i'm really into you, can we get to know each other. Let's make another date"...then they don't show or text or call. WTF is that about??!!!:angry: :angry: grumble explode
I have always heard of the idiots, but thought that maybe, just maybe I would run into the few that wouldn't be that way. SOME men are certainly pigs.frustrated rant

Thanx for listening.flowerforyou
Comment if you wish, but please know I am not looking for suggestions or anything, just needed to rant a bit.ohwell

Thank you, you rant for so many of us Mel!flowerforyou love :heart: smooched flowers

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 12:03 PM

Think twice before to talk and act

why???

thanks

Because when you put your foot in your mouth you run the risk of chipping a tooth....

uuuummm...
ya might wanna take a chisel and grinder to those nails. flowerforyou

Explain yourself or cockyourdoodledoo on the other side of the henhouse....

I think he is implying you have hard crusty toe nails that may or may not be the result of ugly nail fungus....

not quite.
but, i was concerned as to the cause and cure of the chipped toofes syndrome.

Spoken like a man in kocks clothing....whoa

personal experience. blushing

Eating crow?....

plenty of that too. ohwell

Obviously...:tongue:

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 11:59 AM

why???

thanks

Because when you put your foot in your mouth you run the risk of chipping a tooth....

uuuummm...

I think he is implying you have hard crusty toe nails that may or may not be the result of ugly nail fungus....

not quite.

personal experience. blushing

Eating crow?....

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 11:56 AM

why???

thanks

uuuummm...

And you, you sound like you have first hand, make that foot, knowledge of ugly toe nail fungus...ill

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 11:55 AM

why???

thanks

uuuummm...

not quite.

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 11:51 AM

Any entity that can collect trillions of dollars and disperse those funds to whomever they want will always be relevant. If you asked are they competent then that is a different story entirely.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 11:41 AM

i beg to differ, i'd say our government is pretty irrelevant, thats why only 30 % of the country votes. and also without government i dont see "chaos" destroying the country. most people are civilized and would be able to handle themselves perfectly fine without the retarted federal government. government is what is ruining this country...

Not sure where you got your 30% figure, just sure that, like the rest of your statement about voting, it is wrong...Also, when they get hungry enough, civilized people become uncivilized very fast...

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 11:31 AM

why???

thanks

uuuummm...

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 10:05 AM
smitten love :heart: http://youtu.be/aLnZ1NQm2uk:heart: love smitten

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 09:59 AM

Hello, I'm new to posting. Just broke up with a guy. Having a hard time what's the best way to get over a break-up? Any suggestions?

You broke up with him. So come back here in four days and let us know how you are doing. I say this because it normally takes four days for the one who executed the break up to be over doing it. :thumbsup:

surprised I thought it was one weekend...

waving flowerforyou

Hey....in 2016 we are gonna make it one week. Whiny azz people say they need more time. grumble laugh

When I break up with a whiner, I'm over it before I pull the plug...tongue2

That's so hot. love flowerforyou

:wink:

http://youtu.be/aLnZ1NQm2uk

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 09:51 AM

why???

thanks

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 09:16 AM

Hello, I'm new to posting. Just broke up with a guy. Having a hard time what's the best way to get over a break-up? Any suggestions?

You broke up with him. So come back here in four days and let us know how you are doing. I say this because it normally takes four days for the one who executed the break up to be over doing it. :thumbsup:

waving flowerforyou

Hey....in 2016 we are gonna make it one week. Whiny azz people say they need more time. grumble laugh

When I break up with a whiner, I'm over it before I pull the plug...tongue2

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 08:34 AM

If it is necessary for the U.S. to spend that much; then we are CLEARLY doing something wrong in our foreign policy, to collect so many dangerous enemies.

How many nuclear aircraft carriers does Denmark have?

I disagree with that I highlighted in bold and Denmark's government is a constitutional monarchy making your question 'irrelevant'...ohwell

In response to the OP...

A flawed government is not an irrelevant government...Government is not only relevant, it's necessary to the success of a nation,,,,any nation...Without it chaos would destroy cohesion and cohesion is the breath of strength and prosperity...The relevant message in our TIMELESS constitution is clear, the fate of a nation lies with its people, not its government...Stop whining, take care of YOUR stuff, pay attention and vote responsibly...Or move somewhere else...

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 07:18 AM

Cars with bench seats work better than bucket seats. If there is bucket seats, fold them forward as you will have more room in the backseat.

Trucks, work well. My preference was always a van! Full size, mini van, or VW bus. :wink:

:thumbsup: Attaboy !!...

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 07:10 AM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Fri 06/19/15 07:34 AM

waving flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 07:06 AM

SEX on a first date:

= SLUT WITH A DISEASE, HOPE THERE WAS PROTECTION
= DESPERATE WOMAN WITH NO VALUES, TOO BAD SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND
= DUMB WOMAN, WILLING TO DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
= COUGAR, AND WAY TO MANY OF THEM OUT THERE
= COLLEGE WOMAN WITH NO VALUES, NASTY AND TOO MANY OF THESE TOO

OH and lets not forget this one:

= LONELY, HE WONT BE CALLING YOU BACK (SEE ALL FIVE ABOVE)

OR

You made a mistake, don't make the same mistake twice!!!

Your answer
= narrow minded
It's almost like men are not inlvolved in this sex on a first date.

Well done sexy wench!flowers ...

As for sex on the first date, I think a lot of these answers are BS with a capitol B...It may not be the smartest or the safest or even the most practical, but chit does happen and when it does it DOES NOT necessarily define us...So my answer would be, "I'm not ruling it out"....

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 07:00 AM
Certainly....

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25