Community > Posts By > Leigh2154

no photo
Wed 06/24/15 07:01 AM

Positive thoughts and prayers would be appreciated,for
this incredibly loving woman.
Yesterday afternoon, she had an accident while horseback riding.
She is in bad shape with broken bones . Arm, leg, ribs....
She will be ok. But has a lot of healing to do.
Thank you.

Oh Pancho, I'm so sorry!:cry: ........Please tell her I send love and hope for a full and speedy recovery...And for you my friend...I know this is hard for you too, so take care of yourself and stay strong for your woman...Hugs....:heart:

no photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:53 AM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Wed 06/24/15 07:02 AM

CyrstalFairy asked >>>
What I am curious about: Have they made black people take this same test? Do they react the same way to us? I think they would.

2old2 replied >>>
Since this entire thread was derailed by our very own portrayer of the 'non-stop sexual deviant topics'; the reason and article has been over looked!

No one is forced to 'take this test'; it's been used by corporations as an educational tool by corporations at Human Resource Seminars to 'EDUCATE HUMANS' to their unknown/hidden way of classifying humans = of all races.

Now I'm re-thinking the reason 'WHY-I thought this was a GOOD IDEA'!!! grumble I took it and the method of the TESTING was what made me curious --- it's a frustrating endeavor to 'DO THE RIGHT THING' on that IAT exam!

I was just wondering how others FELT ABOUT TAKING IT! frown

Leigh stated >>>
I took the test...It was my first time...I went as fast as I could or very fastbigsmile ...My test results were as follows:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Only 4% of test takers score in the moderate range which I find very sad...sad2

The test IMHO is absolute bullchit and would not ever be capable of garnering an accurate response from any person of any race....I can easily see why there is so much controversy attached to the question of WHAT the IAT is actually measuring...I do, however, agree that continuing research is valid and necessary because racism of any kind from any group is a negative...

See...my frustration with the 'METHOD' of this IAT testing was...well so infuriating I only took it once and scored 'mid range' pro European American; but the number of 'FORCED CHANGES' with those blasted X's made me wonder if --- that wasn't what they were actually measuring! As in how many of those you accumulated vs the attempt to mark what the test wanted/forced you to chose? Follow what I'm saying?

They were measuring automatic response and the test was TIMED...In other words, they did not want you to think, just react...Knowing that the test is a measure of racial preference going in would be a huge advantage to those who were shooting for a certain response...Also, the results of people with dyslexia, slow reaction time, suffering from lack of sleep or low blood sugar, and a myriad of other human 'conditions' could be skewed too...Again, I feel the test is total BS and I would not want to work for anyone who used it as part of their hiring process, nor would I have confidence in anyone who took the results as a accurate measurement of racial prejudice...

no photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:26 AM

An entry waiver.
So I can cross the U.S. border.
Alaska, to be more precise.
Dammitalltohell.

I know you are, but I'll say it anyway...Hang in there!flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 06/24/15 06:21 AM

CyrstalFairy asked >>>
What I am curious about: Have they made black people take this same test? Do they react the same way to us? I think they would.

Since this entire thread was derailed by our very own portrayer of the 'non-stop sexual deviant topics'; the reason and article has been over looked!

No one is forced to 'take this test'; it's been used by corporations as an educational tool by corporations at Human Resource Seminars to 'EDUCATE HUMANS' to their unknown/hidden way of classifying humans = of all races.

Now I'm re-thinking the reason 'WHY-I thought this was a GOOD IDEA'!!! grumble I took it and the method of the TESTING was what made me curious --- it's a frustrating endeavor to 'DO THE RIGHT THING' on that IAT exam!

I was just wondering how others FELT ABOUT TAKING IT! frown

I took the test...It was my first time...I went as fast as I could or very fastbigsmile ...My test results were as follows:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Only 4% of test takers score in the moderate range which I find very sad...sad2

The test IMHO is absolute bullchit and would not ever be capable of garnering an accurate response from any person of any race....I can easily see why there is so much controversy attached to the question of WHAT the IAT is actually measuring...I do, however, agree that continuing research is valid and necessary because racism of any kind from any group is a negative...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:58 PM

A bear drinking wine wins

And riding a unicycle

Backwards with his eyes closed...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:52 PM

this...

laugh

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:41 PM

Treat him to a 2 hour piercing session all below the zipper:wink: and send him home with some real jewels.:wink:

scared

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:40 PM

Turn you over my knee and spank you....Then send you home to your mum for more instruction...

.Aacchhh... please don't teach the whipper snappers.

rofl

Never send a girl...:wink:

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 07:31 PM
Turn you over my knee and spank you....Then send you home to your mum for more instruction...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 05:33 PM

How does this work? Do you receive email notifications from interested parties?

waving Welcome Summer!...Join us on the boards :-)...Many who DO NOT participate DO read making it a great way to initiate first contact...

Luck, love and happiness to you!flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 05:26 PM

Racism runs in the blood of most white people. Even here in mingle2

That's the dumbest post ever!

It's the most racist one I've ever seen...smokin

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 05:07 PM

Might be the first time you hold hands..

Outstanding!

Yes, a perfect response...drinker

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 04:59 PM

Ew!

Stir for 3 minutes, let set, flush...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 04:56 PM

Racism runs in the blood of most white people. Even here in mingle2

Nonsense...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 04:53 PM

Whatever. Is it still commercials? Did I miss any of the game?

whoa Put the seat down when your done, ok...

put the seat up when you're done, ok...whoa

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 04:40 PM

Whatever. Is it still commercials? Did I miss any of the game?

whoa Put the seat down when your done, ok...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 04:10 PM

I guess the trick is to train them when they are young!

^^^Cheeky...love

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 02:51 PM

Coming from a dudes perspective, I never want to meet a chick's kid(s) until she and I have dated for a bit. Then her kids can meet me, fall in love with me, and ask Daddy Goof to buy them toys and chit. This is why I don't date around the holidays. Kids and gifts....little brats be wanting stuff. I ain't Santa. :tongue:

laugh

Such a charmer....smitten

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 01:56 PM

RC I understand where he is coming from.Years ago when I met my Ex we dated for awhile and then I met her daughter, I saw how sweet she was around her daughter and how good a mother she was and it made me want her even more.I think you should take it as a compliment the fact that he wants the total package and not only wants to come around when you can get a babysitter. I joined this thread later in and saw where you have not met him yet, well I still think he is giving you a compliment but you are right to keep a open eye on your family its natural.

((((Chuck))))...Nice post and I agree, I think he was paying Carebear a compliment...Plus, as one mom to another, it goes without saying that she will meet him first and DECIDE from that point on when she will introduce him to her children...

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 01:10 PM
And for those actively looking, current (recent) is always nice too....:smile:

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25