Community > Posts By > Leigh2154

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 12:11 PM
Broad heart, broader brain...Welcome to the site...

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 10:15 AM
For one day only:wink: ...Happy Brithday no1phD....May your light continue to shine bright and bold...flowers

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 07:35 AM

They better roll out the printing presses.

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 07:34 AM

Not that I want to be comfortable with it. I'm just tired of the same selection of men I encounter. I'm either annoyed or just don't see any chemistry there. I turned 40 a few months ago and this revelation of being comfortable being single doesn't sit well with me. I need to figure out how to fix this.

A simple solution might be to change social venues...If you want variety, try spending more time on the boards...:wink:

Good luck!flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 07/06/15 12:28 AM

Does drinking cause uncharacteristic behavior?

Should drinking be an excuse for bad choices and alleviate all responsibility for what comes after?

Yes......

and

No....

Thank you, Leigh for the plain and simple answer IMO

:wink:

flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 07:47 PM

the sun shines brighter, food tastes better, my mind is sharper, I sleep sounder, flowers smell better, people seem kinder, the snow is whiter, rain is soothing, music sounds better and multiples are a given....

i used to feel exactly the same way when i used to get mashed laugh laugh

oops I forgot that one....And the highs are higher...:wink:

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 07:05 PM
:thumbsup: Just left your FB page...Nice place you got there... :-)

On wrapping up your publishing,F�licitations!drinker

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 06:10 PM
Awesome news about your daughter Crystal :-)..Mine was home last week for three days and four nights,,,she left early Wednesday morning...We had a great time and I wailedtears when she left!...

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 06:03 PM

P!nk "Try"....Live version from Melbourne...Another amazing performance!smitten

http://youtu.be/tF1QNJ6YGu8

"Try"

Oh oh

Ever wonder about what he's doing?
How it all turned to lies?
Sometimes I think that it's better to never ask why

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try
Gotta get up and try, and try, and try
You gotta get up and try, and try, and try

Eh, eh, eh

Funny how the heart can be deceiving
More than just a couple times
Why do we fall in love so easy?
Even when it's not right

Where there is desire
Where there is a flame

Ever worry that it might be ruined
And does it make you wanna cry?
When you're out there doing what you're doing
Are you just getting by?
Tell me are you just getting by, by, by?

Where there is desire
Where there is a flame

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 05:47 PM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Sun 07/05/15 05:49 PM
Seems Sitka and I are on the same wavelength....almost:tongue:

The definition of tragedy in the manner to which you refer is:

A very bad event that causes great sadness and often involves someone's death...

A very sad, unfortunate or upsetting situation: Something that causes strong feelings of sadness or regret...

With respect to your question, I think that tragedies, when they happen, are just that, they're tragic occurrences...How people process them is totally personal and depends on their relationship to or connection with the tragedy and its results...

Should we compare them?...

In terms of actual events, of course...That is only natural...In terms of individual meaning, no that would not be possible because no two people are exactly alike and would not process the tragedy in exactly the same way...In terms of how they are handled by the authorities and media, yes and no....

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 11:06 AM

US Marine from 17 to 45, retired from that nearly three years ago. (Don't look that old, do I? lol) Recently completed my second year-long security/operations contract with a US company that has a controversial overseas presence. I'm back with the federal gov't now but have a desk job. Not sure why I'm back with the gov't, I've pretty much maxed out my retirement. I'm just a natural born Boy Scout, I guess.

Wow!.... :-)

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 11:03 AM

Fine, but that doesn't explain the feeling. Please elaborate.

When I'm in love the sun shines brighter, food tastes better, my mind is sharper, I sleep sounder, flowers smell better, people seem kinder, the snow is whiter, rain is soothing, music sounds better and multiples are a given....To love! ... *clink*

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 10:47 AM

If I have to ask myself....then I'm not.

^^^This...

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 10:39 AM

I'm still breastfeeding lol

love

drinks

laugh

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 10:37 AM

Human milk provides the perfect balance of protein, sugar and fat babies need to be healthy... Healthy babies mean healthy adults and healthy adults mean lower medical and hospital expense which translates into lower insurance premiums for all of us...Healthy babies means less chance of your formula fed baby and YOU being exposed to nasty old germs when you do have to share "public" space with something so disgusting as a mother nurturing her child...

None of the health benefits are gained because the baby was breast-fed in public.

Maybe, maybe not...If mothers feel like they must stay home or arrange their busy schedule around breast feeding their babies because a handful of people find it offensive when done in public they might opt out and use formula...

Also for you and Pansy...Breast milk loses powerful antioxidants as well as some nutrients when pumped, refrigerated, stored at room temp or reheated....

still a better alternative than formula, tho. especially for mothers who can't perform breastfeeding in public (for whatever reason). :wink: there are some guidelines as to how it can be stored and for how long.

just for info...breastmilk is not supposed to be heated...but it can be thawed with running tap water so as not to degrade the proteins...

either way, giving breastmilk still best for babies unless medically contraindicated. :thumbsup:

it is also financially advantageous and can be (but not absolutely) a form of contraception and weight loss for the mother.waving

:thumbsup: That's right Ms. Pansy, breast milk is not supposed to be heated....or pumped....or refrigerated.....or stored at room temperature....Breast milk is supposed to be suckled from the mother's breast when her baby is hungry...:wink:

waving

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 09:25 AM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Sun 07/05/15 09:26 AM

Human milk provides the perfect balance of protein, sugar and fat babies need to be healthy... Healthy babies mean healthy adults and healthy adults mean lower medical and hospital expense which translates into lower insurance premiums for all of us...Healthy babies means less chance of your formula fed baby and YOU being exposed to nasty old germs when you do have to share "public" space with something so disgusting as a mother nurturing her child...

None of the health benefits are gained because the baby was breast-fed in public.

Maybe, maybe not...If mothers feel like they must stay home or arrange their busy schedule around breast feeding their babies because a handful of people find it offensive when done in public they might opt out and use formula...

Also for you and Pansy...Breast milk loses powerful antioxidants as well as some nutrients when pumped, refrigerated, stored at room temp or reheated....

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 08:38 AM

Does drinking cause uncharacteristic behavior?

Should drinking be an excuse for bad choices and alleviate all responsibility for what comes after?

Yes......

and

No....

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 08:35 AM

rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 08:31 AM
When it comes to cologne and perfume, less is best...My dad used Mennen Afta after shave... I loved the way it worked with his body chemistry...I loved the fact that the only time I could tell he was wearing it was when he gave me a hug or a kiss on the cheek...love

no photo
Sun 07/05/15 06:03 AM
love

http://youtu.be/LURZqBig734

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25