Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Sat 04/24/10 11:22 PM
My mom would have made me go to school anyways lol

I loved school...when I was at school. At home the tv and playing games were my thing. I wouldn't learn at home, I wouldn't even watch tv if it had anything to do with educational stuff.

It works for kids that wish to learn and will do so on their own time. For those of us that didn't mind school when at school or like my best friend, hated school in general, we wouldn't have learned much outside a classroom. I never even brought homework home, I always finished it in study hall or something.

Foliel's photo
Wed 04/21/10 11:34 PM
My mom taught me that just because you have a college education doesn't mean you are the smartest person in the world. She also taught me to take pride in who I am and to not let others bully me into being who they want me to be.

She placed honesty and love above all else.

Foliel's photo
Wed 04/21/10 11:30 PM
I can only speak for myself, but if I had been un-schooled as these kids are...i'd have spent my days playing video games, riding my bike and not really caring about learning what I need to learn. I'd have only worried about having fun. I probly wouldn't have even bothered learning how to read cuz I would have decided it was too much of a chore.

Foliel's photo
Sun 04/18/10 04:34 PM
Edited by Foliel on Sun 04/18/10 04:35 PM

God is everywhere, in the sun that warms us, in the oxygen that we breathe, in the trees that provide us shade. He is everywhere.

Make sure to thank the plantlife too since they are what actually puts the oxygen out there for us to breathe...

and who revived this topic, it was nice and quiet for quite awhile...

Foliel's photo
Thu 04/15/10 02:30 PM
The same thing was probably said when women wanted rights and when african-american first wanted their rights...

Should those rights have been kept from them because a majority said so?

How many more rights should be kept from american citizens in our "land of opportunity and equal rights"?

Even if they don't term it marriage, gay couples should be afforded all the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Just because the majority says so, doesn't mean they are right...

Foliel's photo
Thu 04/15/10 07:47 AM
Sorry, I misread your post. Homosexuality has existed long before the modern society, we are the society trying to normalize it because people didn't worry about it before modern religion. The ancient greek had common everyday homosexual activity. Emperors would marry a man and not care what anyone thought. It's not a new issue, we just view it differently thanks to christianity and other modern religions.

Foliel's photo
Thu 04/15/10 07:08 AM

I asked this a while ago....and I'll ask again.

Has anyone noticed that OUR society is the only one in the history of the world to try normalizing homosexuality??

For thousands upon thousands of years, homosexuality was considered something abnormal. By many, it still is.

Is normalizing that behavior supposed to make us more ' enlightened '??

Now...before anyone starts ranting about me being a raging homophobe I would like to point out that my half brother is gay. I love him to death, and I don't consider him to be some kind of freak.

I am simply making an observation and asking a question.

After some research I have some information on gay marriage in other countries...

Canada, South africa, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and several other european countries have same sex civil unions and are working on marriage rights.

So we are not the only country trying to "normalize" homosexuality as you put it...

Foliel's photo
Wed 04/14/10 12:32 AM
Edited by Foliel on Wed 04/14/10 12:34 AM
and here I thought I could post something that I thought was sweet and thought out and it gets turned into a debate about Bob, God, and evolution...

Poor Bob, he doesn't even know he's being debated about..

also in order to claim that God is not a belief, you would have to agree that the deity of all religions are not a belief but are as real as the followers that believe in them.

Foliel's photo
Sun 04/11/10 09:02 AM

It is important to people to have religion, IF they want it. If it makes them feel safer, more comfortable, or whatever the reason, they need it. It is more important to believe in something than it is to fight and argue to try to prove or disprove it.

I don't think she will have any trouble in the afterlife, as she finally realized what is important. She admitted her errors and flaws and passed away peacefully.

If we all found that within ourselves, and let people live their own lives, the world would be better off.

Is it really? I would submit that, for one thing, true believers almost never believe that leaving others to look after their own affairs is a good thing. They are almost universally compelled to try to convince others of the rightness of their own belief systems.
And they are not above using force to insure those around them, even if they don't believe in what they do, will abide by the rules their godthing has laid out.

I think it far more important to fight against tyranny than to be accomodating to tyrants.

And your whole premise is faulty. I'm sure meth junkies feel safer and more comfortable when they get a shot of meth. Would you say "leave 'em alone too"? If so, I don't think you've met any meth junkies. The point is, just because something makes someone feel safer and more comfortable, that's no reason to accept bad behavior.

I am talking about the more common everyday people, my roommate for example. He's religious, I'm not, we get along great. He's content with his religion and it gives him joy. Should I take that away from him just because I don't agree with his religion?

Meth junkies are a different story, as are religious extremists. The people that have religion and it brings them joy, they aren't hurting anyone nor do they cram it down other peoples throats, if they are happy, who are we to take it away or to tell them their God isn't real. They will believe what they wish anyways. If the thought of going to heaven comforts them, let them have it. As for me I am comfortable with just dying and returning to the earth.

I also said If they want it...

Foliel's photo
Sun 04/11/10 09:00 AM

It is important to people to have religion, IF they want it. If it makes them feel safer, more comfortable, or whatever the reason, they need it. It is more important to believe in something than it is to fight and argue to try to prove or disprove it.

I don't think she will have any trouble in the afterlife, as she finally realized what is important. She admitted her errors and flaws and passed away peacefully.

If we all found that within ourselves, and let people live their own lives, the world would be better off.

Is it really? I would submit that, for one thing, true believers almost never believe that leaving others to look after their own affairs is a good thing. They are almost universally compelled to try to convince others of the rightness of their own belief systems.
And they are not above using force to insure those around them, even if they don't believe in what they do, will abide by the rules their godthing has laid out.

I think it far more important to fight against tyranny than to be accomodating to tyrants.

And your whole premise is faulty. I'm sure meth junkies feel safer and more comfortable when they get a shot of meth. Would you say "leave 'em alone too"? If so, I don't think you've met any meth junkies. The point is, just because something makes someone feel safer and more comfortable, that's no reason to accept bad behavior.

I am talking about the more common everyday people, my roommate for example. He's religious, I'm not, we get along great. He's content with his religion and it gives him joy. Should I take that away from him just because I don't agree with his religion?

Meth junkies are a different story, as are religious extremists. The people that have religion and it brings them joy, they aren't hurting anyone nor do they cram it down other peoples throats, if they are happy, who are we to take it away or to tell them their God isn't real. They will believe what they wish anyways. If the thought of going to heaven comforts them, let them have it. As for me I am comfortable with just dying and returning to the earth.

Foliel's photo
Sat 04/10/10 07:01 PM
Can I not do that without religion? (honest question, i'm really not just trying to be a jerk)

I recycle, I work towards making my community a better place, and I do what I can to help our planet. I do this with no religious interest, I do it because I want to. I want peace on earth just like everyone else.

I believe that, when I die, my actions will speak louder than my words. I am certain that the life I lived and the things I accomplish will speak for me more than anything I can say will.

Foliel's photo
Sat 04/10/10 12:55 PM
I had to re-read this article 3 times before realizing it was a gag lol

Foliel's photo
Sat 04/10/10 12:51 PM
In all honesty I would have no choice as I would drown with them seeing as I can't swim.

I do agree that, IF a person is willing to listen and wants to know more, please give them the information they want, but also try to remember there are those of us that do not feel that we need to be saved.

I have lived a very good life, with or without religion. I do not ask for anything that I can't do myself. I am content with my life and would not ask for anything to be changed.

Now that is just me, I know there are many people who might need help. For them I will go out of my way to help them if I can, but I never needed religion to do that. I have always been the type of person to give assistance if I can, but I also know that sometimes people wish to be left alone to live their lives their way. My way of life is not necesarily someone else.

Hence I believe that a persons beliefs are their own and if they are ok with that I will walk away and let them live it, but if they come to me asking for my help or for advice I will help them.

Foliel's photo
Sat 04/10/10 10:42 AM
Edited by Foliel on Sat 04/10/10 10:43 AM

Foliel's photo
Fri 04/09/10 07:41 AM
Down to a more manageable level....how about putting a stop to it altogether...

Foliel's photo
Fri 04/09/10 07:38 AM
Recently while watching the series finale of Dawson's Creek, one of the lines really had me thinking:

Jen, while making a video for her daughter before she, herself passes away, "God, I never really believed in God, in fact I spent alot of time and energy trying to disprove that God exists"

then after:

"I've come to realize that it just doesn't matter if God exists or not, what's important is that you believe in something"

I take this to mean that, this means that each person has to decide what God is to them. There is no "my way or the highway" when it comes to a God, Goddess or whatever you believe in. Each person has their own belief and as long as what they believe in makes them happy, I say, all the more power to them.

Alot of the strife would start to heal if everyone took that idea. It is important that we believe in something, even if that something isn't what other people believe in.

Just a random thought for the day.

Foliel's photo
Wed 04/07/10 11:17 PM
alice in wonderland 2 weeks ago

how to train your dragon last weekend

Foliel's photo
Wed 04/07/10 08:45 AM
Personally, I prefer to worry about my current home, planet earth. This is the greatest place we will ever have, IF we learn to take care of it. As a God, I would look at how humans have treated the home I gave them and think to myself "OH hell no! they wrecked their home, They are NOT gonna wreck mine!"

Our planet is beautiful and can remain so if we start taking proper care of it. I am not going to worry about heaven at this time when my actual home is being wrecked.

Foliel's photo
Sun 04/04/10 08:02 PM

VATICAN CITY – Germany's sex abuse scandal has now reached Pope Benedict XVI: His former archdiocese disclosed that while he was archbishop a suspected pedophile priest was transferred to a job where he later abused children.

The pontiff is also under increasing fire for a 2001 Vatican document he later penned instructing bishops to keep such cases secret.

The revelations have put the spotlight on Benedict's handling of abuse claims both when he was archbishop of Munich from 1977-1982 and then the prefect of the Vatican office that deals with such crimes — a position he held until his 2005 election as pope.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_church_abuse

I've heard the Pope is now saying the current sex abuse scandal is a "test from God". This in response to calls for the pontif to step down as pope.
If the sexual abuse of young boys is the kind of tests God hands out, I'm so glad I'm not in that school...

God does not test or tempt anyone to do evil. Only the devil does as such. God only tries to sway you way from evil actions, tis what your conscence is. And is why generally people that try to follow God's will best they can do not usually do evil action such as this.

so the pope lied? seeing as he is the one that claimed it is a test from God...

Foliel's photo
Sat 04/03/10 06:54 AM
Christianity was not the first religion and it isn't going to be the last. Each religion claimed that their God or Goddess was the true God. Even today we have several religions all claiming that their God is the right one.

People celebrate holidays for many reasons, a good portion of them are no longer the religious holiday they once were. Christmas, easter and halloween come to mind. They are commercialized holidays that are more about the candy and presents than the religious overtone.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25