Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Mon 04/18/11 10:50 PM
My bf is 13 years younger than me but we are happy. I allow him his freedom to do the thing she wants to do as long as he doesn't do anything illegal or drug relater, or anything that will hurt us in the long run.

Foliel's photo
Mon 04/18/11 10:49 PM
that women aren't my type :)

Foliel's photo
Sun 04/17/11 12:15 PM
1. Trust
2. Honesty
3. Love me as I am.
4. be willing to compromise.

Sex is not all that important to me, I hate sports so football isnt an issue.

I actually can cook quite well so I am not worried about that.

I don't drink so beer is not an issue.

I rarely watch tv anymore so the remote is meh.

All I ask is that you are faithful to me, trust in me, don't try to change who I am, and I am willing to compromise on things so please be willing as well.

Foliel's photo
Sun 04/17/11 11:44 AM
as my mom once said to me and it has stuck with me all these years:

"If you have to ask, then you already know it's wrong!"

It is definitely cheating.

Foliel's photo
Sun 03/27/11 01:46 PM
Another one of the great actresses has been lost :(

She will be missed, her work was terrific.

Foliel's photo
Fri 03/18/11 02:02 PM
God is not all merciful and all loving, at least not according to the old testament. Jesus came along and started working on correcting things but you never know when God might go on a rampage again and decide he doesn't care about us anymore.

I have alot of fear, but my fear comes from my life experiences. I do not fear death at all, I just hope I don't have a painful death.

Yes I am fully expecting the defense force to come and claim that God will not do it again, but you have no way of knowing 100% that he won't.

Foliel's photo
Fri 03/18/11 01:54 PM
It's never easy to come out, especially to family. Start with a close friend and maybe siblings if you have any.

It's gets easier as you go.

Foliel's photo
Fri 03/18/11 01:18 AM

I ask this because I read an article about a woman who chose to 'leave behind' her kids (they remained with their father)while she worked on her career ( a six month absence where they continued to visit her). The comments on that article were HORRIBLE concerning this woman but yet , we have men everyday who are called away for weeks or months at a time as part of their job, they never have to say they prefer it because they arent put in that position to have to explain it, and they are not seen so heinously.

I think parents have to do what is best for THEIR children, and if that means the woman has to be provider and stay gone for extended lenghts of time, it shouldnt be a mark against her as long as she is working WITH her childrens OTHER parent to provide the childrens needs.

If this is the same article I read, she had no trouble walking away from her kids. Didn't seem to bother her at all.

In my own personal opinion, if she had wanted a career more than kids, she shouldn't have had kids.

I happen to be one of those men that is more nurturing than gathering. I would be a happy househusband, doing the work at home while my spouse (in my case husband) goes to work and pays the bills.

I don't judge this woman, I just feel that she should have thought about the career BEFORE having kids.

what say you?

It is always difficult for a mother to leave her children no matter what is the reason. In this new era wherein a woman is also capable and is somewhat expected to help earn for the family's living, having the hard choice to leave her children to the father, or any trusted relative for that matter (as in the case here in the Philippines) does not deserve the horrible comments. That mother in fact deserves understanding and praises because of the great sacrifice she makes to make sure the children's needs are met.

Foliel's photo
Fri 03/18/11 01:03 AM
I used to be an atheist, but then found that the greek religion and more recently wiccan, I decided to look into wiccan more and have found that I like it.

Now as for being afraid of dying, I was never afraid of dying. As an atheist, I had decided that death was just me returning to the earth from which I came. Yes my life ends but as part of the earth I would still have eternal life.

Foliel's photo
Fri 02/11/11 11:19 AM

I trust my best friend above everyone else as he is the only person who has never used me or screwed me over.

Some members of my family as they are not all trustworthy....

and my cats, cuz well they're cats!

Foliel's photo
Tue 12/14/10 08:51 AM
I can't answer for God or anyone else for that matter but I can ask one question...

Why would anyone want to be erased from existence? Yes I know some people have had it rough, I myself have had it pretty bad, but I would take this bad life over never having existed at all.

The people I have met and loved, the impact I have made on others and the impact they have made on me, I am glad to have lived even with the bad.

As for the question, I would hope that God would ask that same question. I doubt he would actually erase someone but as I can't prove it (I can't even prove he exists.) I will have to go on the idea that life is precious and shouldn't be erased, after all we only get one life. (well if you don't include the afterlife that is)

Foliel's photo
Tue 12/14/10 07:45 AM
Where in this post does she slander or degrade christianity?

All she asked is that there be a religious discussion that isn't quoted directly from the bible. Is that too much? Can't christians confirm their beliefs without using the bible?

People have asked simple questions only to be torn apart by the people that use the bible for everything. I would think that there would be other ways to follow a belief without resorting to the bible.

Maybe if christians weren't so convinced that everyone is out to ruin their religion they would be able to have a discussion that doesn't fall into "well the bible says..."

Foliel's photo
Fri 12/10/10 04:07 PM
I didn't see these on the list:

Dolly dearest
Black Christmas
Pet Cemetary
The Omen
Prom night series
It's alive
Beware the Children
Identity

There was also a television killing in Nightmare on elm street 3: dream warriors

Last but not least the tv shows:

Tales from the darkside and Monsters

Foliel's photo
Mon 12/06/10 06:32 AM

Apparently, Chase and a whole lot of others in business know something the OP is oblivious to. To remain competitive in their perspective markets, whether it’s global or regional, a company must consider the values, attitudes, and beliefs, of all individuals or groups within their market.

Once upon a time, few companies extended their market base beyond a town, city, county, district, region or state. Larger organizations may have had broader interstate markets but only a considerably few dealt internationally, and global markets was all but an unknown concept.

During that era, the recognition of Christian holidays was not a spiritual act, nor was it particularly a reflection of the business owner’s personal religious values. It was however, a good marketing tool.

That whole era had a rather unfortunate side affect, it seemed to make Christians feel as if their majority status gave them special privileges. Back then (not really that long ago) Christians NEVER had to be tolerant to any other belief system. The only mainstream religious ideal that was ever recognized was Christianity. Naturally Christians rarely learned about any other religion and naturally they were suspicious of and even offended by businesses that did not recognize Christian holidays but closed instead for some ‘other’ non-Christian religious reason.

As companies began to pursue a greater share of a wider and more diverse market, the ‘non-Christian’ cliental in this country began to feel empowered, because their beliefs were being recognized and respected by virtue of being shared with international and global markets. Those markets had at least as great and generally greater financial clout as the ‘Christian majority’ within the confines of the USA.

Of course that didn’t change the fact that USA culture was still resting on Christian tradition which heavily influenced how those with other religious views were being treated. No longer willing to accept being oppressed in a country that stood on a premise of religious freedom, court battles ensued – remove prayer from schools, anti-pledge of allegiance, take down all symbols of religious origin from government property….etc.

These actions and similar legal activism has been an attempt to equalize the minority voice within the private sector, just as representative government and laws governing over minority issues were meant to equalize the minority voice in the political arena. This extreme action is necessary in order to break down the sense of Christian ‘majority’ privilege that has long endured in this country.

At this point, Christian tradition, as the defining characteristic of this nation, is in the process of decline. At some point in the future, Christianity in this country will become one of many tolerant religious views within a nation and a global community of religious views.

When that happens, I will welcome an elaborate Christmas display in a business in which the values of the owner are reflected, because next store to that business, perhaps at another time, I will see an elaborate display of another kind of religious expression.

Neither store will suffer a loss of clients because the vast majority will be as they were ‘once upon a time’ - But instead of ONE religious expression tolerated by everyone ....

it will be every religious expression tolerated equally ...

and no single religious tradition will create a cultural climate indicative of an oppressive 'privileged' majority.

laugh Thats funny and really doesn't have much truth in it.The fact is companies have already tried the Atheist approach of not saying Merry Christmas,putting up signs that read happy holidays,and other stupid ways of trying to look politically correct.People notice these things,question them,and stop shopping at their stores.I have read countless times many stories of companies saying they were going to not offend people by saying Merry Christmas and it backfired badly.Nearly always when a stupid stunt like this happens it results in a boycott and national media attention.

Stores and companies that don't have Christmas lights,trees,and decorations at Christmas time is almost un-American.It is even worse if a company did have decorations and some Atheist demanded them to be taken down and the company took them down.Not only does the company look like a push over,it looks like a victim of bullying,weak,and someone who doesn't stand up for what they believe in.Even if I was a Atheist or a member of some other religion I would shake my head and wonder why they don't at least put up a fight instead of crawling into the dog house.

Like the article says a massive majority of people celebrate Christmas and want to see the lights,trees,and Merry Christmas.Stores that say and do these things will have a lot more respect from the community and will get much more business then those who don't.Because nobody respects a business that is on it's knees kissing some Atheist's a** because it wants to be politically correct.

By the way in case you haven't figured it out yet....houses and business's that put those lights and trees all over the city because they are Christian owned business's.The put them there to celebrate the birthday of Jesus Christ.That is why it is called Christ-mas.The lights,trees,and decorations will never go away because you will always have several hundred million Christians in American putting up those lights to celebrate the birth of Jesus.1,000 years from now you will still see hundreds of millions of Christians decorating their houses with lights.

Not all atheists are like this, I know a great many that celebrate christmas as a time to be with family and friends. No they don't do it for religious reasons but christmas isn't only about religion, it is also about peace on earth, good will towards men and spending time with loved ones.

I celebrate christmas, even with religious people and I respect their religious belief. I will bow my head in respect when they pray. I do not attend church but I've never been a firm believer in "must go to church to worship the lord". I feel that you can worship w/e deity you choose to worship (or not worship as the case may be) anywhere you like.

Christmas is my favorite season, I love the decorations, I love the feeling of family in the air, and can only hope to one day be able to decorate with more than just a tree for christmas.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/30/10 07:59 AM
I've been looking for the right one for 10 years...i'm still looking.

Have patience, as the saying goes:

"Good things come to those who wait."

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/30/10 04:13 AM
I don't know about other countries but I know at my last job we didn't get sick days. We could call in sick but it was counted against us and after 8 call ins in a rolling calendar year you might as well not bother returning to work. We had 10 vacation days, that we had to earn before we could use them, no floating holidays, and very rarely did we get a night off due to inclement weather. We drove to work one night in a noreaster because we couldn't call in.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my job, but as far as sickness went they didnt really care.

Foliel's photo
Sun 11/28/10 09:24 PM

So you can make posts attacking atheism but no one should defend them, is that right? Atheists can be attacked but don't say anything bad about christianity?

Gotta love the people that can dish it out but can't take it...
if that was addressed to me? (you didn't quote to whom u were responding), I think I can direct you to reread my post. Religious topics are frequesntly emotional but take a deep breath. I did not attack atheism, or any religion. Nor do I wish to see attacks because the freedom of conscience that we believe in and hold dear gives us the right to choose our beliefs. In the human "collective soul" as u will, we are brothers. We would, I hope treat the beliefs of others wiht respect, regardless of our agreement. I hope that answers your concern, and it is a valid one.

I apologize for hitting reply instead of quote, my post was more towards the post in general not any specific post on it.

I just see so many posts that seem to attack either atheism or religion. I meant it to be a general meaning not towards religion or atheism in particular. I personally have no problem with either side, I choose to not be religious at this time, as I do not agree with the God the bible portrays.

Foliel's photo
Fri 11/26/10 08:21 PM
So you can make posts attacking atheism but no one should defend them, is that right? Atheists can be attacked but don't say anything bad about christianity?

Gotta love the people that can dish it out but can't take it...

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/18/10 08:56 PM
Personally if people wish to leash their kids that's their business, I personally would never use one. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I would never condemn a parent for their way of doing things and if a parent loses a child or their child wanders off, I would be more concerned with the childs welfare than whether or not the parent is at fault.

I just think, imho, there are better way to safeguard a child than putting them on a leash, but that is my opinion.

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/18/10 11:55 AM
I play wow. On azjol-nerub and blades edge, both alliance and horde, I have a lvl 80 BE hunter and a 73 NE druid. then random lvls for the rest.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25