Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/23/10 01:30 PM

Red wrote:

This is a religion forum so i was speaking of marriage in the spiritual/religion perspective. This isn't the place to be talking about man's law or anything of such, this is a place for religion discussion.

Well, even so, you're just spewing the views of a single hateful religion that's based on the folklore of a jealous hateful God.

All spiritual/religious views aren't so bigoted.

There's nothing inherent in Mysticism that would deny same gender love. There's certainly nothing in Wicca that would deny same gender love. There's nothing in Shamanism that would deny same gender love.

In fact, outside of the Abrahamic religions it would probably be difficult to find such hateful religious bigotry. This is a strong reason why the Abrahamic religions should be recognized as being ungodly. They clearly do not reflect love, which is what their God is supposed to stand for. So they have a serious problem of being oxymoronic in their description of their God's characteristics.

Love and sex have NOTHING to do with each other my friend. I love you, i love funches, i love everyone on this forum, I love EVERYONE in the world. Male or female it doesn't matter, child or elderly doesn't matter. Does NOT mean i would have a sexual relation with these people whom i love. Again, God tells us not to have a "sexual" relation with the same gender, does NOT say you can't or aren't suppose to love them.

That may be how it is for you, but I was raised to not have sexual relations with someone I do not care for and love. It seems that in todays world love is being forgotten and people just want to have sex. This is the wrong attitude especially if someone gets pregnant. I can't have sex with a woman as I just am not attracted to them. I do not believe in lying so I refuse to be with someone I don't love just so everyone else will be happy. I also refuse to stay single just because people don't want to accept that I am gay.

Foliel's photo
Sun 08/22/10 07:45 PM
Edited by Foliel on Sun 08/22/10 07:46 PM
Just because a marriage isn't done by a church does not make it any less of a marriage. A marriage through a justice of the peace is still a marriage.

Why do homosexuals wish to get married? For the same reason heterosexuals wish to get married. They love one another and want to be together for the rest of their lives. I know this concept may seem foreign to christians who only think that marriage is about having children.

Just because someone is gay does not mean they can't love someone. If you don't like gay marriage, it's easy, don't marry someone of the same gender. Allowing it doesn't mean you will have to nor does it mean you have to approve since it isn't your wedding to approve of. It also does not mean that you have to allow all kinds of other things that regular people would normally disapprove of.

It would just be 2 people who love each other a great deal, getting married and spending their lives together.

If God doesn't like it, let him/her take care of it in the long run. It is not for general people to decide who has the right to love and marry someone.

Foliel's photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:05 PM
If eve was made of adams rib would that not have made her the flesh of his flesh and the blood of his blood? Since thats what family is wouldnt that have made adam and eve related? There was also a story in the bible about 2 girls who laid with their drunk father in order to have children...

Now those are old testament stories, in the new testament, to my knowledge, there were no stories like that.

We can't blame all muslims for the actions of a radical few. Unless you want to get into blaming every christian for the Crusades in which christians slaughtered thousands of people in the name of their religion.
Every religion has radicals and they have regular people who are trying to find their way. I get to know a person before making a decision about them, not their religion.

Foliel's photo
Sat 08/21/10 01:34 AM
If you remove marriage from the equation, you can still have children. Being married does not grant a special child bearing priviledge that no one else gets. A good number of my friends are single parents that have never been married.

Any wedding I have ever been to was due to the bride and groom being in love with each other. Why would you agree to spend the rest of your life with someone if you only really need 18 years to raise a child?

It just seems silly to me to base my entire life around 18 years, adn what about infertile couples? Should they not be allowed to marry simply because they can not have children? Why do we feel that we have the right to tell people who can and can not get married? Shouldn't that be their decision alone?

IF I ever decide that I want to get married, I would hope that I am marrying for love and not for some archaic way of looking at life.

Foliel's photo
Fri 08/20/10 04:09 PM
This may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyways.

On the subject of family, since Eve was made from Adam's rib, would she not be Adam's flesh? Would that not make her related to Adam?

No, i'm honestly not being a jerk, I'm just asking something that I have always wondered.

I would like to think that marriage has evolved beyond this idea that it is only for procreation purposes seeing as how you do not need to be married in order to get pregnant. Having children has only ever relied upon a couple ability to have intercourse, not whether they can get married or not. Marriage is supposed to be about spending the rest of your life with someone you love and wish to grow old with. Instead it is more about your gender than about whether you love a person or not.

Even if I were heterosexual I would never marry someone for the sole purpose of having kids. My mom proved to me that you don't need marriage to raise a good family. Just need loving parents (gay or straight) and patience.

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/17/10 09:03 PM
I would never EVER marry someone I do not care for. It's an ancient idea that needs to be corrected. No one I know marries for the sake of the community. They marry for love, they marry because they WANT to spend their lives together, not because they feel they have to.

I grew up without my father and I turned out just fine. My mother never once married nor does she wish to. I will not spend my life in misery with someone I do not want to be with just to make society happy. After all society isn't who is sleeping with my spouse, (and if it's a woman neither am I), society doesn't have to live with my spouse, society doesn't pay my bills nor do they deal with the fights and arguments of an unhappy couple.

I never want to marry anyways, and I sure don't want to have kids in a society like this. My roommate (he's heterosexual and religious) feels that marriage should just be abolished as there is no sensible need for it anymore. I'm starting to agree with him.

I always thought marriage was about love and a desire to be with the person you love for the rest of your life, not about making society around you happy.

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/17/10 12:40 AM

do we define harm in an immediate sense

as in there is no immediate harm in selling someone a bag of weed,
there is no immediate harm in a 15 year old sleeping with a 22 year old, there is no immediate harm in driving drunk UNTIL someone gets hit

I think the culture does plenty of judging of things which have no immediate harm, based upon their collective harm

if it were all truly to have no intervention , we wouldnt have most the laws that govern the land today and probably would be much more chaotic than we are now

There is no harm in a gay person marrying another gay person. it doesn't affect everyone's life, just theirs. You (general term, not you specifically msharmony :) ) don't have to marry someone of the same gender if you don't wish to. If gays want to be miserable with the straights of the worls in marriage, let em. It's their life to ruin if they choose lol

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/17/10 12:37 AM

If everyone has to answer to their god in the end, why do we need the moral police (otherwise referred to as the religious) on this planet to make sure everyone is doing what they think they should be doing?

They don't trust god to do the judging in the end properly?

They believe they are gods themselves?

What is it?

For example: Gay marriage.

If gay folks have to answer to their god in the end, why make such a big deal out of other folks marrying whoever they want?

If people have to answer to their god for what they do, why do the religious make life hell on earth for all of us in the name of their god when every one has to face their own god anyway?

Seems ridiculous and terribly annoying to me.

If everyone has to answer to their god in the end, why do we need the moral police (otherwise referred to as the religious) on this planet to make sure everyone is doing what they think they should be doing?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Because you get only one chance in this life time. You can't go through this life, then return to do it again and fix what you've learned. I personally don't do this for anything beneficial to me, that's not why i struggle so much to bring light to God on here. Has absolutely nothing to do with my salvation. I do it out of love for all of you, trying to open peoples eyes and give them an opportunity to bask in the joy of the lord.
=========================================================================

They don't trust god to do the judging in the end properly?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Yes God will do the judging just fine. That's not why we try to reveal the truth to people, it's not our job to do any Judging. But quite the contrary, we are forbidden from judging others. But once God judges, that's the final judgement, there are no second chances. This one lifetime is all we have.

They believe they are gods themselves?
--------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

What is it?

For example: Gay marriage.

If gay folks have to answer to their god in the end, why make such a big deal out of other folks marrying whoever they want?

If people have to answer to their god for what they do, why do the religious make life hell on earth for all of us in the name of their god when every one has to face their own god anyway?

Seems ridiculous and terribly annoying to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of love would we be showing if we didn't tell others? And i don't mean just atheist people, i mean if i see a Christian doing something they aught not be doing, i will confront them about it. But regardless of what ANYONE has done in anyway, we are not to judge. That's not why we tell people things like homosexuality be immoral and against God, no judging. Just informing this poor misguided soul of what God has said about such an action.

As for homosexuals "living together" and having relations and all that, that's fine with me, go for it. But marriage is more then just a piece of paper, a legal document. It is a holy matrimony, a joining of two families forever and ever. Those TWO people have now become ONE person. That is why i see it wrong for homosexuals to be able to "marry" on this earth. Because it is an abomination to God, and that's what a marriage truely is, a joining of those two people on earth and in heaven to be together for eternity.

what I find funny is that if you really learn the history of marriage, there was nothing religious about it at first. It was all arranged, the bride and groom had 0 say in it. Then christianity came along and decided marriage was theirs and it had to be done their way.

I never want to get married as I do not care for what marriage supposedly stands for. I always thought marriage was a union of souls but now I see that I am wrong, marriage is a union of genitalia with no real benefit in life. So I will thank religion for that, they showed me why i shouldn't get married even if I were heterosexual.

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/09/10 06:04 AM
I always kinda figured that since one of the 10 commandments is thou shalt not lie, lying about your sexual preference would be bad, marrying a woman under that lie would be worse, then lying to your children (if you have any cuz i know I couldnt have children with a someone I don't love) about all of it would be beyond anything I could deal with.

So huge lie..to make other people happy...will probly condemn you to hell. No thanks, I will be who I am, IF I were to accept God for who he is and Jesus for who he is then they can accept me for who I am as I am. Mind you I am not religious....there are a great many reasons I cannot accept christianity.

Foliel's photo
Fri 08/06/10 10:33 PM
you know its kinda funny, I keep hearing various things about what marriage is for...

To procreate--well my mom and many like her have proven that you don't need to be married to procreate...heck adam & ever weren't married and they procreated just fine.

To create a balanced family -- who is to say what a balanced family is? My family did just fine without a mother and a father.

Marriage is a religious institution-- thats funny because when marriage first came around it wasn't religious. People did arranged marriages for money and power not for love or religion.

To me marriage is nothing more than a piece of paper that allows you to do what you have been doing all along. I will never get married but that is my choice, I can't help who I love and it's most certainly not women, of that I am 100% sure. As far as guys go, i am looking for the same thing everyone else is, someone to grow old with but i do not need marriage to do it.

Foliel's photo
Wed 08/04/10 11:31 PM
I was a lucky kid i guess, i hate liver fish and peas. So if thats what my mom made for dinner, she always had something else for me.

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/02/10 11:05 PM
Edited by Foliel on Mon 08/02/10 11:19 PM
Ok spanking = violence, so we let our children do what they want and the only thing they have to worry about is that they might get grounded. You know with all the video games, stereos, television shows, books and whatnot. What a horrible punishment that is.

Better yet, let's make the parent sit in time out with the child to make sure that the child actually takes time out.

What happens when your child doesn't care about being grounded or being put in time out?

Let's try taking away a favorite item, oops thats theft so can't do that.

Let's try a stern talking to, the child then goes into a tirade about what a horrible parent you are and ends up making you feel guilty.

My mom spanked me 4 times in my life, she was also the one who basically lived in the hospital with me when I was hit by a car, she was also the one who sat up with me all night long when I started having nightmares from being raped. But I guess she couldnt possibly haved loved me cuz she spanked me.

No one will win this debate so i'm going to bow out since now it's just people arguing back and forth. For any parent that is interested, don't spank your kids, no matter how wonderful a parent you are, you will be considered a monster if you spank your child.

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/02/10 10:27 AM
Very nice speech

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/02/10 12:23 AM
I guess it would be far better to just call the police and have your child arrested, then let the judicial system punish your child for you.

Talking works for some kids, grounding works for some, time outs work for others, but they dont all work for all children.

My mom did the talking thing, the grounding thing and the time out thing with my little sister and let me tell ya, I have come close to disowning her several times for the way she acts. I can't take her anywhere, I refuse to be around her for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I don't know how many times she has threatened my mother (who is handicapped). She is rude, mean, violent, treats our parents like dirt, and has been disowned by my other sister. her mouth is so bad that she has been uninvited from friends homes.

Maybe my mom should have called the police and had her arrested a few times, BUT my mom refused to call the police as she didn't want the cops doing her job.

Foliel's photo
Sun 08/01/10 05:06 PM
So if you take away your childs belongings to punish them, they should be allowed to phone the police and press theft charges one you, or when you put them in time out or ground them, they can press kidnapping or hostage charges on you.

So for any punishment you give your child they can fight back and you'll get more in trouble than the kid will.

I don't even know why this keeps coming up lol, no one will ever agree on it.

Foliel's photo
Sun 08/01/10 04:34 PM
Edited by Foliel on Sun 08/01/10 04:37 PM

The same time that the government stops getting into wars...

This arguement will never be won, I agree that the teacher had no right whatsoever to hit the girl, but at the same time, why should the authorities raise our children for us. The parents should have been called when the girl kicked him and they should have dealt with her.

I hate that people spank their children but if it works for them so be it. It is not my place to tell someone how to raise their children. I can tell you that if my kid hits me, i am not calling the police to deal with it. It's hard enough nowadays to raise children without other people telling them how to do it.

Personally I have never seen a time out work, the parent usually ends up sitting in time out with the child to make sure they take the time out, and then, the kid goes right back to doing what they were put in time out for.

There needs to be a good discipline system that is acceptable by all people and that will never happen as all kids are different.

I agree to some extent.

There are children who have never been struck and are CEOs of big companies today. We only hear about the bad kids.

I just have never found one healthy conclusion from spanking.

When someone hits us it brings fear, granted fear is a control but not a healthy one.

Hitting doesn't teach respect or a healthy problem solving or anything basically except that someone will hit when they feel like it.

Groundation or time outs don't teach any of that either, all they teach is that when you misbehave you get imprisoned for awhile.

I do agree that spanking is not a good punishment and I hope that someday parents will find a more acceptable punishment, but not all punishments work as kids are different. I didn't respond to groundation or time outs.

Foliel's photo
Sun 08/01/10 04:32 PM
I didn't turn out all that bad, I was spanked 4 times in my entire life and I suffered no seriously negative consequences. I do not have PTSD from it, not do i feel that my parents owe me an apology.

I grew up a happy child and the spankings i did get stayed in my memory for about 1 day and i forgot all about it. I did learn that my parents meant business if i was misbehaving.

My mom typically used grounding as a punishment, although more oftenm than not it didnt hurt me any as I never had a life anyways.

Foliel's photo
Sun 08/01/10 04:21 PM
Edited by Foliel on Sun 08/01/10 04:25 PM
The same time that the government stops getting into wars...

This arguement will never be won, I agree that the teacher had no right whatsoever to hit the girl, but at the same time, why should the authorities raise our children for us. The parents should have been called when the girl kicked him and they should have dealt with her.

I hate that people spank their children but if it works for them so be it. It is not my place to tell someone how to raise their children. I can tell you that if my kid hits me, i am not calling the police to deal with it. It's hard enough nowadays to raise children without other people telling them how to do it.

Personally I have never seen a time out work, the parent usually ends up sitting in time out with the child to make sure they take the time out, and then, the kid goes right back to doing what they were put in time out for.

There needs to be a good discipline system that is acceptable by all people and that will never happen as all kids are different.

Foliel's photo
Tue 07/20/10 03:52 AM
Edited by Foliel on Tue 07/20/10 03:52 AM
Wow i have a list of shows i love lol

almost anything from the 80s

the tgif block

Sailor Moon

Star Trek Voyager

Xena (except season 6)

Buffy

Naruto

and a horde of others.

Sorry Torgo but I hated the greatest american hero lol

Foliel's photo
Tue 07/20/10 03:49 AM
I loved roseanne, the show really was what an 80s family was. I agree that it went downhill after they won the lottery though, and the last episode did ruin it for me.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25