Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/18/10 11:47 AM
Irish, Australian, british, and southern drawl in a deep voice...oh heck any southern drawl works for me

Foliel's photo
Thu 11/18/10 09:45 AM
On a side note, has anyone ever seen the show Animaniacs?

Buttons and Mindy comes to mind for this topic. In every episode, the mom-lady put her in a harness/leash setup. In every episode Mindy got out of the harness and went on her merry way with buttons following to protect her.

I brought this up because it fit the topic lol.

I only said the thing I said earlier, due to experiences around here. I see so many parents that have their children on leashes and are paying zero attention to them. I personally would never use one but that's my opinion. I can see how they would be safe, if used in tandem with paying attn to the child. They just don't sit comfortably with me.

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/17/10 12:05 PM
I grew up in the 80's and 90's and always thought of thongs as underwear. Personally I hate thongs, and as ms. harmony said, no child of mine will wear them until they are in their own place.

Like some of the others i never knew flip-flops were called thongs...then again I never wore flip flops lol.

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/17/10 11:59 AM
I can't tell you what im' thinking about right now as I'm I haven't quite figured it out myself, as soon as my mind figures out what it is thinking about i'll get back to you.

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/17/10 11:58 AM
what constitutes being here? I'm sitting at my keyboard...looking at my mingle2 page...typing here and tyhere...but no i'm not really here...only physically..mentally i'm in Hawaii enjoying the warm sun, the beaches, a nice margharita (spelling?) and listening to the pina colada song....but yes technically i'm here

Foliel's photo
Wed 11/17/10 11:52 AM
IMO the leash thing is no different than parent that use the tv as a built in babysitter. If someone isn't ready for the responsibility of raising a child then said someone should have used protection to avoid pregnancy.

Personally I could never put my child on a leash, what next? pacifiers that look like dog bones? toddler food that looks like dog food (although some baby food already does look like that lol)?

Oh oh I know...beds that look like dog houses mwahahahaha

What's really sad is that i've seen some people treat their pets better than they treat their kids....

Foliel's photo
Sat 11/13/10 11:16 AM
I agree that this case should be thrown out. She has every right to choose who to live with.

I do not however agree that she is being punished for being christian, i can't prove it but I have a feeling that it wouldnt matter what religion she is, they would have sued her anyways.

Foliel's photo
Sat 11/13/10 09:05 AM

TOP TEN REASONS TO BELIEVE IN THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

1. The credibility of Its Founder: Peter spoke for Jesus' closest followers when He said, "Lord, to Whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." (John 6:68-69)

2. Reliability of Its Book: The integrity of this historical and geographical Record is supported by archeology. The Bible continues to speak not only with spiritual power but also with convincing prophetic accuracy.

3. Explanations for life: It is the Christian faith that reflects a caring attention to detail so evident in the species and ecosystems of the natural world. It is Christ Who clothed Himself in our humanity to feel what we feel and then to suffer and die in our place.

4. Its continuity with the past: The Christian faith offers continuity with our deepest ancestral roots. Those who trust Christ are accepting the same Creator and Lord worshiped by Adam, Abraham, and Solomon.

5. Its foundational claim: The first Christians were witnesses. They risked their lives to tell the world that with their own eyes they had seen an innocent Man die and then miraculously walk among them 3 days later.

6. Its power to change lives: Not only were the first disciples dramatically changed but so were their worst enemies. Paul was transformed from a killer of Christians into one of their chief advocates. (Galatians 1:11-24)

7. Its analysis of human nature: The Bible says that society's real problems are problems of the heart. In an age of information and technology, failures of character have scandalized institutions of the family, religion, and the arts.

8. Its view of human achievement: Generation after generation has hoped for the best. We have conceived technologies that will deliver us from the oppressive slavery of work. Yet we are as close as ever to what the New Testament describes as the end times. (Matthew 24:5-31)

9. Its impact on society: From rooftops to necklaces to earrings, we see the sign of the cross, bearing visible witness to Christ's death. Social relief agencies have been fueled by the direct or residual values of The Bible.

10. Its offer of salvation: No other faith offers everlasting life as a gift to those who trust the One Who has overcome death for them. No other system offers assurance of forgiveness and adoption into the family of God.

#10 is the only one I will discuss at this time.

All other religions from greek gods to norse gods to native american gods did have their versions of heaven and hell. They did offer everlasting life from whichever deity you worshipped. The greeks had the elysian fields, the norse had valhalla and so on and so forth. So yes other religions did offer the everlasting life thing.
All that was required was to worship your patron deity and follow their requirements and you would be taken care of after your death.

Maybe someone should discuss the evils in which christianity played a major part...

Christian crusades, salem witch trials, and such. How many people were murdered in the name of christ? I'm all for having something to believe in but if you want to follow religion you can't choose to ignore it's darker side just because it's not favorable to the religion.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/09/10 04:48 PM
Edited by Foliel on Tue 11/09/10 04:53 PM

lol cmon the show wasnt that bad, its lasted for well now 18 seasons. Only other show with that much time (besides soap operas) is the simpsons.

Gunsmoke ran 20 years. And Law and Order has been on since 1990.

sorry, i didnt remember those, but you have to admit that its rare for shows to be on for that many seasons. I also didn't think about them cuz I dont really watch them. My mom loved gunsmoke (I think she had the hots for the main character lol).

If anyone knows other shows that were on for a number of years years+ description, please post them :)

My roommate thought of NYPD Blue.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/09/10 03:54 PM
I've heard of it but never watched it :(

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/09/10 03:52 PM
lol cmon the show wasnt that bad, its lasted for well now 18 seasons. Only other show with that much time (besides soap operas) is the simpsons.

Foliel's photo
Tue 11/09/10 03:40 PM
Just when all you ranger haters thought it was safe to watch tv again.....Power Rangers Samurai arrives on the scene lol.

Haim Saban and his studio have repurchased the franchise from disney and are making the 18th season as well as a 3rd movie.

The new season premieres in spring of 2011

Foliel's photo
Fri 08/27/10 01:09 AM

We are supposed to accept God as he is, correct?

If we have to accept God as he is, why can't he/she/it accept us as we are?

Please don not tell me he does, if God did, there wouldn't be abominations in the world. Parents should love their children unconditionally, not as long as you do what i say and live how I say to live. There should be no conditions to a parents love.

My mom loves me with all my flaws and faults. She doesn't care that I am gay, she just wants me to be happy. She raised me to accept others for their faults and flaws, and to try to get to know someone before I decide that I don't wish to talk to them or that they are someone that is not good for me.

My real father (I say that because I never knew him), took off when he found out my mom was pregnant. I know some info about him, who his parents are, sibling, and such and thats all I know. Whatever his reasons were, I wish him happiness and a good life. I would not be angry with him if I ever met him, but I would ask that same question others might ask. I'd want to know why he never sought me out.

People that believe in God, I have no issue with that. I do have an issue with someone telling me that their God is my God whether or not I like it. I do not practice christianity, I can't accept a Father that does not love me unconditionally but expects me to love him unconditionally.

Because that would be putting us at the same level as God. Our father is above us, not saying he's in space or the sky. But he is above us and we are lower then him. God created US, we didn't creat him. God gives US what we need.

And he does love you unconditionally. My friend, heaven is EARNED. It's not a given. So just because you ground you children or don't give them what they want you don't love them? Cause that's what you're proclaiming for God right here. God loves us ALL unconditionally and wants us to recieve the gift of heaven and is why he offers ways to be forgiven of sins.

What I am saying is that, while parents may ground their children and may not give them what they want, they also do not tell them that if you don't live the way we tell you to live we will not love you. They don't tell you that being who you are is an abomination to us so we forbid it.

As for ways to forgive our sins, was not Jesus the ultimate sacrifice to forgive all of our sins? He died so that our sins may be forgiven, or was that a bunch of smoke blowing? I will ask forgiveness for any actual sin I may have committed, but I will not ask for forgiveness for loving someone. I won't ask forgiveness for being who I am, everything is something I will ask forgiveness for and do my best to not do it again.

Some people may be happy living as their religion dictates so that they can get a better afterlife, but I have zero proof of an afterlife so I prefer to live a good life now. I want to be happy in the here and now, because being happy in heaven (should it exist), won't do me any good if I don't have any happy memories now. I can say without a doubt that my grandmother (she died when I was 9) will kick my *** from here to eternity if I stop being who I am.

Foliel's photo
Thu 08/26/10 01:52 PM
We are supposed to accept God as he is, correct?

If we have to accept God as he is, why can't he/she/it accept us as we are?

Please don not tell me he does, if God did, there wouldn't be abominations in the world. Parents should love their children unconditionally, not as long as you do what i say and live how I say to live. There should be no conditions to a parents love.

My mom loves me with all my flaws and faults. She doesn't care that I am gay, she just wants me to be happy. She raised me to accept others for their faults and flaws, and to try to get to know someone before I decide that I don't wish to talk to them or that they are someone that is not good for me.

My real father (I say that because I never knew him), took off when he found out my mom was pregnant. I know some info about him, who his parents are, sibling, and such and thats all I know. Whatever his reasons were, I wish him happiness and a good life. I would not be angry with him if I ever met him, but I would ask that same question others might ask. I'd want to know why he never sought me out.

People that believe in God, I have no issue with that. I do have an issue with someone telling me that their God is my God whether or not I like it. I do not practice christianity, I can't accept a Father that does not love me unconditionally but expects me to love him unconditionally.

Foliel's photo
Wed 08/25/10 01:48 PM
Edited by Foliel on Wed 08/25/10 01:49 PM
Thank you msharmony, I was going to ask that same question...

Not sure but maybe they might want to cut that class out of the curriculum...

Foliel's photo
Wed 08/25/10 01:03 PM
Edited by Foliel on Wed 08/25/10 01:06 PM
Yes msharmony you have explained you're opinion and belief very well, but others also have to explain their opinions and beliefs. In my belief and opinion, marriage is a union of souls, a commitment from one person to another. It is done out of love because you wish to spend the rest of your life with that person. In this day and age people are not marrying for the sake of having children, as it has been done time and again, people are raising children in single parent homes and some are happy that way, some aren't.

I do not consider marriage to be the only thing that will assist in raising well balanced children. My mother never married and, while we may have problems stemming from outside sources, she raised us to be loving, caring, people. We do not condemn others for things that we may not like, for example, I hate being preached to about christianity, but I will never condemn someone for doing it. The mere thought of sexual relations with a woman is a major turn off for me, but I would never condemn someone else for it.

If people are genuinely happy and really want something, who are we to take it away from them simply because we don't like it? America would be alot less free if we really started taking things away because we don't like it.

I would like to point out that I have no issue with christianity itself, just SOME of the people that practice it. I myself do not practice it and will continue to not practice it until such a time as people can convince me that they are capable of compassion and understanding that Jesus tried to teach.

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/24/10 01:24 PM

Do you believe that I have not thought about the consequences? I grew up in a catholic family. I have sacrificed most of my family in order to tell the truth. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't consider the consequences. However, I will never lie about who I am or anything else. I will NOT be in a relationship with a woman that I would never love in that way. That would do more harm than good in the long run.

How about I consider the consequences of building a life with a woman, having kids, and then they find out that all along I am gay? What will that do to them? How will that make them feel?

How about I think about other people instead of myself? What would that do to the kids? How would you feel if you had a wife for 10 years and then found out that the only way for her to get aroused with you was to think about other women? I know I would be devastated.

I have known that I liked men since I was 15. I have done nothing but think about the consequences for the past 18 years. That doesn't mean that I am going to be willing to start lying now. I had a girlfriend until I was 21, when I finally realized I wasn't happy. She was a wonderful girl and didn't deserve to be used to hide my attraction to men.

So when you ask me to consider the consequences, trust me, I have. I know exactly whats going on for me. I also know that God would not want me to break his first commandment. Thou shalt not lie!

Not asking and never have asked you nor told you to lie. Would be a large bolder to carry around, but there is such a thing as staying abstinent. Take a second to think, do you want to live your life for your? Or do you want to live your life for God?

I want to live a good life for me. You'll notice I never said I was actively dating... I just want to live my life honestly, and that is what I plan to do. Also I'm pretty sure I pointed this out before, I don't believe in God, I believe there might be something out there just not sure it's the christian God.

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/24/10 12:53 PM
I am sorry for your loss, my grandmother (she died when I was 9) had 2 miscarriages. My mom told me that meme went through alot of grief over them.

I don't know the details as my mom was very young.

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/24/10 12:46 PM
Do you believe that I have not thought about the consequences? I grew up in a catholic family. I have sacrificed most of my family in order to tell the truth. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't consider the consequences. However, I will never lie about who I am or anything else. I will NOT be in a relationship with a woman that I would never love in that way. That would do more harm than good in the long run.

How about I consider the consequences of building a life with a woman, having kids, and then they find out that all along I am gay? What will that do to them? How will that make them feel?

How about I think about other people instead of myself? What would that do to the kids? How would you feel if you had a wife for 10 years and then found out that the only way for her to get aroused with you was to think about other women? I know I would be devastated.

I have known that I liked men since I was 15. I have done nothing but think about the consequences for the past 18 years. That doesn't mean that I am going to be willing to start lying now. I had a girlfriend until I was 21, when I finally realized I wasn't happy. She was a wonderful girl and didn't deserve to be used to hide my attraction to men.

So when you ask me to consider the consequences, trust me, I have. I know exactly whats going on for me. I also know that God would not want me to break his first commandment. Thou shalt not lie!

Foliel's photo
Tue 08/24/10 01:24 AM
I was brought up to never be dishonest, I sure as hell am not gonna start lying now just to please a bunch of religious people. No one is asking you to become a homosexual, I personally do not care if you accept my homosexuality or not. I am the only one that has to worry about accepting it.

As I already said, if you don't like gay marriage don't marry someone of the same gender. I wish you all the best in your relationships but they are your business just as my relationships are my business. I don't tell you who you can marry or who to love, I would like the same consideration.

I don't plan to get married but I also am not gonna stay single because a religion doesn't like it. I am going to be happy in my life, come hell or high water. I am not going to lie my way through life and pretend to love a woman. I feel nothing towards women in that respect. I have alot of female best friends and male friends that love me the way I am.

You can quote scripture at me until you are blue in the face and it will not make me want to be dishonest. How can I start a relationship based on a big lie? How could I ever look at my family again?

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25