Community > Posts By > mikaxel80

mikaxel80's photo
Thu 08/13/20 04:02 AM

When you dont speak the truth, you are exercising your right not to speak. If you are lying, you are speaking and tellling the opposite of truth. Thats how i see it
hello mikaxel waving let me ask you a question .. if you are in a committed relationship . For whatever reason you cheat on your partner and do not tell them ... would you consider that a lie ????
Omission /not speaking can be considered a lie . Depends on contexts .. ethics and intention . Although we have the right to remain silent If by doing so results in harm or deception I would consider it a lie by omission .

Hi Blondey. 1st lemme answer your question.No I dont consider that as a lie since i havent spoken about it. Its more like withholding the truth. lying would be saying no I didnt cheat
I partially agree with your second sentence. Surre depends on context. But shouldnt we be not drawn to contexts?
so your definition of a lie ... is that it has to be spoken ???
Mine is more liberal ., it includes intention and outcome .
Sure thats my definition, more than 80% of the time. And sometimes your body action

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 08/12/20 04:29 PM

When you dont speak the truth, you are exercising your right not to speak. If you are lying, you are speaking and tellling the opposite of truth. Thats how i see it
hello mikaxel waving let me ask you a question .. if you are in a committed relationship . For whatever reason you cheat on your partner and do not tell them ... would you consider that a lie ????
Omission /not speaking can be considered a lie . Depends on contexts .. ethics and intention . Although we have the right to remain silent If by doing so results in harm or deception I would consider it a lie by omission .

Hi Blondey. 1st lemme answer your question.No I dont consider that as a lie since i havent spoken about it. Its more like withholding the truth. lying would be saying no I didnt cheat
I partially agree with your second sentence. Surre depends on context. But shouldnt we be not drawn to contexts?

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 08/12/20 02:14 PM

I find it an odd statement. Not speaking is not the same as not telling the truth.
It's just not speaking.

By that token, not speaking is not the same as not telling a lie

No, you don't know that until someone speaks up. Since they're not telling (speaking) they aren't telling the truth nor a lie.
In that sense it's pretty meaningless on it's own and you can't draw conclusions based on it.

My dear, I was trying to make a pint on what you said earlier. and i am not drawing conclusions. Its those who say not speaking is the same as lying

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 08/12/20 08:59 AM

I find it an odd statement. Not speaking is not the same as not telling the truth.
It's just not speaking.

By that token, not speaking is not the same as not telling a lie

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 08/12/20 08:58 AM

If you are silent, people have no idea and will jump to their own conclusions.
They tend to think you have something to hide. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Sure, it is what it is. But it shouldnt be like that. I agree.People think you have something to hide. What if, for example, you dont like the person you are talking to tell him/her the truth?

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 08/12/20 01:55 AM
Edited by mikaxel80 on Wed 08/12/20 01:58 AM

mikaxel80's photo
Tue 08/04/20 09:28 AM

I know this is a dating site but still why don't we use this as a platform to share knowledge and show our talents and help each other in fulfilling dreams :blush:

If you look through the forums Heer, I think you'll find that people already do that, although possibly not as much as you would prefer.

And why is that, my friend?

mikaxel80's photo
Tue 08/04/20 08:24 AM

Sarcasm and empathy. It comes with my job.

Hello Mr PL winner

mikaxel80's photo
Sat 05/16/20 09:11 AM

Ah, thanks for giving it a bit more context.
Our equivalent in Dutch is "That's what the missus said last night as well."
It's only used in a setting with familiar people in a lighthearted, relaxed atmosphere.

I can get people getting annoyed with it. It's not something to often use as it'll wear very thing, nor in the wrong setting.
Timing is everything for such things :p

Sure timing is everything but we people are complex. So you never know when they understand humor WELL! Better to try it in a relaxed mode

mikaxel80's photo
Sat 05/16/20 08:29 AM
Or this tree is over 100years old. Its a damn big one.

Thats what she said

mikaxel80's photo
Sat 05/16/20 04:22 AM
Why do people get annoyed with thats what she said joke?

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 03/27/20 07:59 AM
Got a friend in Auckland that went there in January and she tells me its alright there (from the Corona). i guess your PM Jacinda is Handling it well

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 03/27/20 06:46 AM
Hi Blondey. Thought you went to another galaxy til I saw this topic. I guess you returned since this galaxy and the earth are the BEST!!!

mikaxel80's photo
Wed 03/25/20 01:13 AM
Edited by mikaxel80 on Wed 03/25/20 01:15 AM
Ethiopia. And I am proud of being an Ethiopian. But I am not sure of being proud living here although its incredibly nice to live here

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 01/27/20 11:20 PM
Thinking about.... thinking itself

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 01/27/20 08:04 AM
Was crying the whole day and we live continents apart. He doesnt know me. Thats how much the guy has an influence

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 01/27/20 08:00 AM
Edited by mikaxel80 on Mon 01/27/20 08:01 AM

omg I still can't believe it.
Rest in peace, Kobe Bryant flowerforyou
his daughter Gianna flowerforyou
and all the other three people who died in the crash flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

All of you guys, they were were seven other than Kobe and his daughter
R.I.P, Legend

mikaxel80's photo
Mon 01/27/20 07:58 AM
Thinking, How faulty was the helicopter that Kobe was on

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 01/24/20 01:38 PM

Saying you're not a racist but just "prefer" to be with your "own kind". Is the same thing as say you're just a little bit pregnant.

Damn right, sir. People try to sweeten the word 'racism' with different 'acceptable' words used in the society and try to be smooth. What they are doing is lying to themselves

mikaxel80's photo
Fri 01/24/20 03:16 AM

You can't by true love .

So it means I can buy false love??:smile:

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25