Community > Posts By > BrooklineBaby

BrooklineBaby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 06:55 PM
No -it makes you polite and kind

BrooklineBaby's photo
Thu 06/12/08 06:12 PM
Simply Beautiful..........epitomizes the very soul of a woman hurt one too many times, afraid to allow her heart to re-enter the world thereby protecting it so she doesn't get hurt.........brokenheart Incredible .....

BrooklineBaby's photo
Wed 06/11/08 05:11 PM
If I had a wish, or two or three
they would have to be wishes
I would have to see
come from deep
deep in my soul,
the depths of which
only one I have told.

My first wish I know would be
for God to allow a visit to me
from my daughter, my angel
from heaven above
my girl who was taken
but was so full of love.

She has a little boy
my grandson you see
he mourns for her so
but lets few people see
So young and so brave
he goes day to day
but at night as he slumbers
he whimpers away

I hear him and my heart breaks
for nobody knows
how much pain he shows
Not even to himself would he show
such emotion
such pride and independence
does he have,
my grandson.

So my wish would be one, two or three
for a visit from her to my daughter,
grandson and me.

I miss you very much - Love Mom :heart:

BrooklineBaby's photo
Tue 06/10/08 05:01 PM
Sensual

BrooklineBaby's photo
Mon 06/09/08 12:31 PM

I'm in Brookline (duh!) but originally from Berlinsad . Talk about isolated!! It was a nice town to grow up in but just isn't the same anymore, it's really sad. Doesn't seem to be too many of us from here huh? My ex (? estranged? - I never know what to put - we're legally separated) is a truckdriver so he comes up periodicallly to see our daughter, other than that he's pretty much all over the country.
Some of both our families live in Berlin, though. Still kinda cold up there.....
my ex was from Berlin.name of randy blair.crazy bastard.laugh

Hmmmmmmmmm his name sounds familiar ---------

BrooklineBaby's photo
Mon 06/09/08 09:12 AM

Thank all of you for your kind words. Even though it has been a few years, the anguish never truly goes away. And the feeling of helplessness merely gets deeper.

Baby I found the Indian prayer I was talkin' to you about that we chose when Kristen passed away (I was talking to her in my head, asking her to help me 'cause it was just we two mothers to do all the arrangements and we weren't in too good a shape,) and this prayer literally jumped into my hands and it's so beautiful......It would honor me sweetie to transcribe it for you and your son....as well as for your friend catchme_ifucan - you sound like a really nice person (I not only lost a daughter, I also lost a nephew), and everyone who has lost a loved one. May this bring you comfort in some small way.....................

Indian Prayer

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

God that didn't sound right - you know what I mean - Ray's ex-wife and myself - because we never had "steps" in the house I keep forgetting Kristen wasn't actually my birthdaughter blushing

BrooklineBaby's photo
Mon 06/09/08 09:08 AM

Thank all of you for your kind words. Even though it has been a few years, the anguish never truly goes away. And the feeling of helplessness merely gets deeper.

Baby I found the Indian prayer I was talkin' to you about that we chose when Kristen passed away (I was talking to her in my head, asking her to help me 'cause it was just we two mothers to do all the arrangements and we weren't in too good a shape,) and this prayer literally jumped into my hands and it's so beautiful......It would honor me sweetie to transcribe it for you and your son....as well as for your friend catchme_ifucan - you sound like a really nice person (I not only lost a daughter, I also lost a nephew), and everyone who has lost a loved one. May this bring you comfort in some small way.....................

Indian Prayer

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am not there, I did not die.

BrooklineBaby's photo
Mon 06/09/08 08:53 AM
Happy Birthday Marvin!

Susan - that was so beautiful - your love for him shows so much as well as the fact that you miss him.

If I may have the honor of sharing something with you - My eldest daughter passed away last January. As we were going through the numb, automated process of the arrangements I was looking at the backs for the prayer cards for the wake. I was speaking to my daughter in my head, asking for her guidance because I knew I just couldn't - it hurt too much, when this literally POPPED out at me. It suited Kristen to a tee, and brought comfort to all who read it. It is an Indian Prayer and I hope it touches you as it did us:

Of quiet birds in circling light.

I am not there.
I did not die.

God bless you and keep you each and every day :heart:

BrooklineBaby's photo
Mon 06/09/08 08:40 AM
That was absolutely beautiful..............reminded me of an angel I know :heart: .................

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sun 06/08/08 10:00 PM
That was so beautiful!!!!flowerforyou :cry: :heart: You have a wonderful daddy watching over you from heaven.......

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sat 06/07/08 10:28 PM
It's beautiful darlin' :cry: smooched

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:40 PM

i was homeless for 20 months during the savings and loan fall-out in 87-89 it was tough, first and last and security 1500.00 it took me that long to save up, while living in the woods. everybody laughed and thought it was funny, i just kept my nose to the grindstone and ended up with the best accounts in the city of orlando for what i do in a few years.

Awesome - congratulations!!!!bigsmile You did what you had to do and you came out on top BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And shame on those who were too ignorant to understand

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:39 PM

Why wouldn't the smell of urine and stale alcohol get me offlaugh laugh laugh laugh

Not everyone who is homeless reeks of alcohol and urine - some people have no other choice - they have no place to go and /or no financial means to acquire housing..................

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:35 PM
Turn on?! Come on man - that's not nice - these poor guys need help, not to get laid and sent back out to nowhere! OMG - what the ^&*(&^$R()&^...............

That has GOT to be THE tackiest question I have ever seen on this site.........................mad

BrooklineBaby's photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:30 PM
Mary had a little sheep
And with the sheep
She went to sleep
The sheep turned out to be a ram
And Mary had a little lamb

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:05 AM
noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway

BrooklineBaby's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:03 AM

Prayers do get answered!
Not allways in our timing or in the way we want,
but they are answered...

I wish to thank all of those who have been praying
for me during my time of illness. Please keep them
going. I have faith- that I will be back to my ole' beary self in no time. :wink:

I awoke this morning to the knowledge that I did
NOT have to get up several times to take pain meds in order to make it through the night and sleep. This is the first night I have slept all the way through since being ill.(Which was at the end of April).

When I awoke this morning I did
have to take meds. I felt so much better today having rested well last night. I have only had to
take one pill so far today rather- than every four hours around the clock. I have also noticed that the pain does'nt seem to be so bad today. GOD IS INDEED GREAT!!! :heart:

I wanted to run today... but remembered- I needed to walk first... happy

I admit during the last several weeks that I have
been truely tested. Yet my faith remained very
strong all through this illness. The very horrible
pain that I indured during this time- was also the
same pain that gave me strength somehow.
God is here for us no matter how bad things get.

Thankyou God. :heart:

((((Teddybear hugs))))
flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Dear TeddyBear: I am SO happy for you!!bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile I must confess, I don't know what your diagnosis is, but I DO know what it is like to have pain EVERY SINGLE DAY, interfering with your sleep, the anger, frustration, and sometimes hopelessness one can feel, but you are entirely correct my dear - OUR GOD REIGNS!!! And with God, all things are possible! happy When you have a good night's sleep under your belt it's as though you feel you can face another day with more "gusto" than the last, and knowing God is watching over you makes it all the more glorious. Take care my friend and have a GREAT DAY!!!!flowerforyou bigsmile :wink:

BrooklineBaby's photo
Thu 05/29/08 01:28 PM

Both...alternating...every 20 min.

You're right, although sometimes the doctors will say that initially cold for the first 24 hours to take the swelling down, then heat, but I've always found that alternating, BUT using more cold if there's alot of swelling is the best route to go.happy

BrooklineBaby's photo
Wed 05/28/08 11:06 PM
Dear Lord I just come before you......on bended knee Lord God. I ask that you take this cancer from Kitt....From the top of her head to the tips of her toes heal all that is affecting her body Lord God. I know Lord as with others that we have prayed for here...That when two or more are gathered in your name.....mighty miracles happen. Give strength to Kitt Lord and give her strength and knowledge that you will never forsake her Lord and you will be there with her always. In Your Mighty Precious Name this I pray AMEN
:heart:

BrooklineBaby's photo
Wed 05/28/08 10:03 PM

depends on what they were seing them for.. There are some illnesses that you just don't want to get involved with...

Good point