Community > Posts By > Adamal29

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 08:49 PM

I don't get out a whole lot (as far as bars and clubs)But as of late, I have been going out a couple times a week, with the sole intention of meeting women. And yes, I do meet them, and I get there numbers. Here is the thing, I am about 0 for 10 as far as actually having them return my calls in the last couple months. The last one over St. paddy's day actually had a little make out session with me that night, so I figured this ones a done deal. No response..nothing...nada. I am either losing my touch or meeting the wrong people. I personally wouldn't give my digits to anyone I didn't plan on seeing at least once. Nor would I spend a few hours talking to them at a bar if I wasn't interested. What is up with this?

It's what happens when you meet people at bars. They're drinking and not serious about meeting people. Perhaps try meeting people in other places where alcohol isn't involved?

I have done this, half-heartedly at best. It usually involves me going to a book store or coffee place and sitting alone looking creepy.laugh Or looking at the magazine rack with a girl right there, and say something like "So you play guitar?" And then they say yea...and I say "cool." And then can't think of anything else. At a bar, it conversation just flows naturally (or unnaturally) what ever way you want to look at it.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 08:44 PM
yes...but it doesn't look good on me. I think you gotta have dark skin. You ever notice how black men can get away with wearing all those flashy colors? It just works, for some reason.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 08:19 PM

Just save yourself the misery and do like I do- and throw the numbers away.

I do do this sometimes when I felt there wasn't enough of a connection. I also do it after calling twice (max) and not getting a response.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 08:17 PM

Arent you supposed to wait 2 weeks before calling someone who gave you there number??
Maybe you seem too needy??

Maybe they are just waiting to call you back so they don't seem needy?

Two weeks?? I have heard like four days. Two weeks is enough to forget for sure I would think. I do try to avoid the whole looking needy thing, but have never waited quite that long.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 08:03 PM

are you exchanging numbers? or are you just giving them yours?

They give me theirs. And not only that, half the time it is without me asking. Confused.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:54 PM

I don't drink, I don't go to bars, and I certainly wouldn't get mixed up with anyone who did either.

In my younger days, I dabbled in that sort of thing, never with anything remotely approaching a positive outcome. Maybe a night, maybe a week or two, but always more trouble than it was worth. Took me awhile to figure it out, but I finally did.

I applaud you on that. And I kind of half-way agree with you on that too. But for someone who needs a little liquid nerve to start the conversation, it is ruff.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:48 PM

One word...alcohol.

In the morning..they dont remember where that number came from.

Either that, or they're suffering from "buyer's remorse", where they look at that torn-off piece of paper with your phone number on it and all-of-a-sudden decide that something about you (from what they can remember that is... wimmins tend to have pretty short memories, you know) didn't strike the proper chord with them, which will result in your not getting a call back.

Damn picky women. This was the one thing I do remember her saying "I totally would go out with you, you are gorgeous!" Then proceeded to suck my face. That is weird stuff.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:45 PM

One word...alcohol.

In the morning..they dont remember where that number came from.

yea, but it is sad that somehow I do. It gets to you after awile.frustrated

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:44 PM
I approach only after having a few beers. Other than that, I barley give a hint I am interested. Anything that has resulted in anything has been when they approach me, and those usually arn't the ones I like.

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:33 PM
I don't get out a whole lot (as far as bars and clubs)But as of late, I have been going out a couple times a week, with the sole intention of meeting women. And yes, I do meet them, and I get there numbers. Here is the thing, I am about 0 for 10 as far as actually having them return my calls in the last couple months. The last one over St. paddy's day actually had a little make out session with me that night, so I figured this ones a done deal. No response..nothing...nada. I am either losing my touch or meeting the wrong people. I personally wouldn't give my digits to anyone I didn't plan on seeing at least once. Nor would I spend a few hours talking to them at a bar if I wasn't interested. What is up with this?

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:21 PM
I have not been on here that long at all, and haven't posted nearly as much as most of you. However, I have noticed a decline in the harshness of the responses to my posts, so I am assuming my Noobie status will expire here shortly. happy

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/19/09 07:18 PM
Nope. I think she will never love anyone. And she is cool with that. She just used me to see if she could maybe love someone now, and it scared the crap out of her.

Adamal29's photo
Sat 03/14/09 08:35 PM
the unrealistic expectations

Adamal29's photo
Sat 03/14/09 08:14 PM
Some of these are decent things to watch out for. However, I do not agree with 18,91,106,107,115,and 117.

So your not supposed to get upset when a partner talks about past sexual things they did relationships with former exs?

Apparently, you gotta have friends of the opposite sex?

I am supposed to be friends with some of my ex's?

I am suppose to let her talk to some of my ex's?

This one really got me. If you want to get married, and you haven't lived with them yet that is bad?

Dang, I guess I am really flawed. To all the women out there, I have six red flags! Watch out....I guess. laugh

Adamal29's photo
Thu 03/12/09 11:38 AM
I really don't seek people advice on here, even though it may appear that way. I usually know what people are going to say beforehand. I use the forums as a reinforcement tool, to make my decisions easier.

Adamal29's photo
Wed 03/11/09 08:12 PM
I expect them to love me back. Actually no I don't I want them to rather. It would be nice.

Adamal29's photo
Mon 03/09/09 10:29 PM

I read somewhere that men with back hair have a lower chance of getting some cancers... I'm trying to look up where I saw that.

whoo hoooo!!! I will be cancer free for life!

Adamal29's photo
Mon 03/09/09 10:06 PM

I don't like hair anywhere :smile:

see, this is the general consensus

Adamal29's photo
Mon 03/09/09 09:59 PM
For the ladies....can you deal with a guy that has a hairy back? I will admit, I do, but I keep it shaved all the time. What about the chest? I don't shave that because it just seems like I look like a little boy when I look in the mirror.

Adamal29's photo
Mon 03/09/09 09:37 PM
you really can't know for certain

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 18 19