Community > Posts By > Adamal29

Adamal29's photo
Sat 02/28/09 08:44 PM

:heart: Is it true that the best way to get over an old love is to get under a new one?:heart:
tried it, didn't work. Wasn't even that fun either.

Adamal29's photo
Sat 02/28/09 08:42 PM

How do you know if you have met your match?

Is is that they won't let you get away with your normal b.s.?

Do they read your thoughts?

Or do they just give you that look?
You just plain don't know. I guess if a few years go by, and they still haven't stabbed you in the back, you might start to think of them as a match.

Adamal29's photo
Sat 02/28/09 08:40 PM
I will be loving myself as soon as I jump on to one of my "favorite" websites.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 11:54 PM
My dad for sure. And the bad thing is, girls hate it when I tell them how I feel about my mother. They think I view all women that way or something. owe well

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 11:53 PM

I just had the almost the identical thing happen to me... 3 months of talking, 2 months of dating... him telling me he wanted to be friends first.. him telling me he hasn't had this many things in common with anyone before... that he hasn't felt this close to someone so fast... blah blah.. then one day he just stops talking. He's a wuss! A commitment phobic person. I'm guessing she's the same way and just flaking.

I'd let her go. She obviously doesn't want to be there.
wow, that happens with guys? thats news to me. I never heard of a guy doing the whole "I liked you too much routine"

Of course it does. I always find the ones that say they don't want a commitment but then act like it, then when I confront them about it, they run and go commit to someone else. lol Yay me!
hey, we should get together! This is exactly my problem.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 11:51 PM

ok fair enough..we could both be wrong.

We could be... I just think you should at least put forth effort and be willing to learn about others before you deem them as false. flowerforyou Open yourself up to information. You don't have to agree... but you should at least listen.
Actually I am in a religion class right now. Granted it doesn't go into great detail about every single one, but it is interesting. And, I have read quite a few "new age" books, and spiritual enlightening and all that. But as you say "it didn't do it for me."

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 11:46 PM

I just had the almost the identical thing happen to me... 3 months of talking, 2 months of dating... him telling me he wanted to be friends first.. him telling me he hasn't had this many things in common with anyone before... that he hasn't felt this close to someone so fast... blah blah.. then one day he just stops talking. He's a wuss! A commitment phobic person. I'm guessing she's the same way and just flaking.

I'd let her go. She obviously doesn't want to be there.
wow, that happens with guys? thats news to me. I never heard of a guy doing the whole "I liked you too much routine"

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:31 PM

damn, my computer is screwing up!

Well that should only bother you if there's a God.

If there's no God then you don't care. :wink:
I guess what laugh laugh

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:25 PM

Adam, how is it that you claim you would never bash someone else's religion but you have no problem calling someone else's religion "false"??
I know you did not intend to offend me. And you didn't. I know you are just following your Christian ways, and that is to call my way "false" but just so you know... that is also a way of bashing someone else's religion.
I'm not flat out calling christianity "false". It just didn't work for me. It makes not one single tiny bit of sense to me. However, it works for some people. And if they don't cause harm to others, then let them praise Jesus all day long. If that's what brings them comfort at night, then more power to them. But, I should be given the same respect tho.
I am more going off a previous thread that I think got pulled, where someone made a comment on the writers of the bible being idiots. To me there is a difference in saying that, than claiming something to be false. It is more in the way something is said, than what is actually trying to be implied. Either way, I dont get super bent out of shape over it, I just see how some people could.
I do not recall ever calling them idiots. I'm not sure even what thread you're referring to.
however, if you call other religions than yours false, then that is claiming only yours is correct. That is not giving anyone else respect for their own religions that can be just as whole heartedly involved in their religion as you are in yours. I think it's unfair to call others false. no matter what religion you are. I can only tell you what didn't work for me. I can't tell you what is right or wrong for you. But I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I'm not a bad person you know. I'm just different than you. different shouldn't equal wrong.
ok fair enough..we could both be wrong.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:21 PM
damn, my computer is screwing up!

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:20 PM

If I am just going to turn back into dust, and nothing more what is the purpose? Why care about anything?

I ask this question a bit differently.

If there is a supreme creator who do you think he or she would be more pleased with, someone who only cares about other people if they think there's something in it for them (i.e. eternal life), or someone who cares about others even in the face of beliving that life will just end when they die?

I can't help but believe that a supreme creator would be far more pleased with the latter person.

Also, why should a supreme creator be so hung up on being recognized and worshiped 'on pure faith'. Especially when that faith is based entirely one just one of many books of mythology?

I mean surely it's a guess as to which mythology might be true. So faith in any particular mythology is nothing more than a guess.

Why would a supreme being be so hung up on what people decide to guess might be true?

That has never made any sense to me. The whole idea of a God that requires pure faith is truly a nonsensical idea as far as I can see. A God who just disappears completely and asks nothing from anyone to see what people might do seems to me to be a far wiser picture of a God.

If I were God I might set things to make sure that no one believes I exist, and then see if they have any mettle of their own.

Now that would be a good test don't you think? huh
Yea that is a good way to look at it too but...arn't you kind of half-way implying that there might be a god if you even question what a god a logical thinking god would do? If you live life helping others and being a good person, it can't possibly be for your own self satisfaction. At, least not for me anyway. For me, there would have to be some sort of reason behind it.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:20 PM

If I am just going to turn back into dust, and nothing more what is the purpose? Why care about anything?

If there is a supreme creator who do you think he or she would be more pleased with, someone who only cares about other people if they think there's something in it for them (i.e. eternal life), or someone who cares about others even in the face of beliving that life will just end when they die?

I can't help but believe that a supreme creator would be far more pleased with the latter person.

Also, why should a supreme creator be so hung up on being recognized and worshiped 'on pure faith'. Especially when that faith is based entirely one just one of many books of mythology?

I mean surely it's a guess as to which mythology might be true. So faith in any particular mythology is nothing more than a guess.

Why would a supreme being be so hung up on what people decide to guess might be true?

That has never made any sense to me. The whole idea of a God that requires pure faith is truly a nonsensical idea as far as I can see. A God who just disappears completely and asks nothing from anyone to see what people might do seems to me to be a far wiser picture of a God.

If I were God I might set things to make sure that no one believes I exist, and then see if they have any mettle of their own.

Yea that is a good way to look at it too but...arn't you kind of half-way implying that there might be a god if you even question what a god a logical thinking god would do? If you live life helping others and being a good person, it can't possibly be for your own self satisfaction. At, least not for me anyway. For me, there would have to be some sort of reason behind it.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:15 PM

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:13 PM

Adam, how is it that you claim you would never bash someone else's religion but you have no problem calling someone else's religion "false"??
I know you did not intend to offend me. And you didn't. I know you are just following your Christian ways, and that is to call my way "false" but just so you know... that is also a way of bashing someone else's religion.
I'm not flat out calling christianity "false". It just didn't work for me. It makes not one single tiny bit of sense to me. However, it works for some people. And if they don't cause harm to others, then let them praise Jesus all day long. If that's what brings them comfort at night, then more power to them. But, I should be given the same respect tho.
I am more going off a previous thread that I think got pulled, where someone made a comment on the writers of the bible being idiots. To me there is a difference in saying that, than claiming something to be false. It is more in the way something is said, than what is actually trying to be implied. Either way, I dont get super bent out of shape over it, I just see how some people could.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:08 PM

Why care about anything? Like someone who spends there whole life trying to explain why the bible is false, and then they die....what would the purpose of that be?

It could be that they care about humanity. Maybe they see the Bible as being deterimental to mankind. After all, it has been the excuse for many atrocities and continues to be used as an excuse for bigotry to this very day.

Yea but who then would care about humanity? Why would I care if people kill each other over god, if they are just here today and gone tomorrow, just like a mouse, or tadpole or whatever.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:05 PM

If it were proved to me that there is no God, I would most definately jump off a cliff.

So then you're basically saying that you only appreciate life if there is a God, but if there is no God, then you have no appreciation for life?

Is that a fair assessment of your position?

Yea, your right. That is a fair assessment.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:03 PM

Abra, it's because in some religions when you question the "writings of God, you are questioning God himself" and that won't be tolerated.
People get defensive when you call attention to things that can't be explained about their God. You should expect people to get upset when you start to rattle their faith. flowerforyou

agreed totally. Anybody who is religious, regardless of what they believe in, is going to get a little bit peeved when someone (not necessarily questions) but says there doctrines or what have you is based on ignorant claims. If I remember right, aren't you jill a wiccan or something? If you are (since I am a christian) I would never explain (nor could I) why your practices are false. I just am what I am, and I don't really worry about it. I would, for the sake of argument (if I was a good arguer) ask some questions, about the wiccan religion, but I would never bash it. By the way, I apologize if I got that all wrong on what you believe in. I may be thinking of someone else.
Adam, I don't take any offense to you calling me a wiccan. I do however take offense to you calling it a false practice. Tho, with you being a christian, I can understand why you would be so blinded flowerforyou
Blinded? I don't know much about wiccans but regardless of what religion one is, isn't the others always considered being blinded. Wouldn't I then be justified to say you are blinded? I mean, it would be just for you to say you think christianity is false..I think. In other words, I wouldn't be offended.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 09:56 PM

Descrates thinks so.:wink:

I believe the only way we know that we exist is that we think.

I think therefore I am.

We live in a thought created universe and it is a dream universe.

Did you dream last night? I did. Along with that came an entire universe of people and things and time and space. I did not question where it came from and I was not aware I was dreaming until I woke up.

Where did that universe go when I woke up?

Where will this one go when I wake up?

It will be like a fading dream, just as other dreams fade.

flowerforyou

Then there is that whole "evil god that has the master brain theory" The one where he is playing a big joke on us, making us think we exist. Not sure who came up with that idea, but wasn't that one of the arguments against the "I think therefor I am" thing? Either way I still think I am sitting here typing on a computer in the middle of the night.

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 09:46 PM

ill take 'questions you already know the answers to' for 400 alex.
laugh laugh laugh

Is this an inside joke? Come on I hate being out of the loop!!sad

Adamal29's photo
Fri 02/27/09 09:41 PM
For me, it is not a matter of why I believe in God. It is more why not believe in God? I just don't understand what makes a person tick who has no belief in a supreme being. If you have no creator, and you have no afterlife, why exist? If it were proved to me that there is no God, I would most definately jump off a cliff. I have no problem with atheists and such, but I would like to know what motivates them to live. If I could figure that out, it would make a great self help book. If I am just going to turn back into dust, and nothing more what is the purpose? Why care about anything? Like someone who spends there whole life trying to explain why the bible is false, and then they die....what would the purpose of that be? That can't reflect on why they wrote a thousand page book on the non-existance of god, cuz they are dead. So why write it in the first place? Just some nagging questions I have.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 18 19