no photo
Sat 10/18/14 02:03 PM
Personally, I wouldn't cut them off. It would be nice if they lived closer to me.

But, since you asked that question I wonder what would family have to do to deserve being cut off. Hmmm... if there is a really good reason, than it would be an option, but it would have to be something SERIOUS.

Anyways, why not give yourself some time just to make sure such a decision is not made while some emotions are still too strong, preventing you from thinking straight? Sometimes time gives us a perspective.

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 01:26 PM
Yes, I am glad she is back. smile2

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 01:12 PM

like religion and religious beliefs, there are too many variables to divorce to blanketly label it abuse in and of itself

I do consider it selfish to INTENTIONALLY bring a child in the world for just our own needs and wants, without planning on them even having the CHANCE at a mother and father

I agree. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 01:02 PM

Dont judge a person by its outside appearance but instead know his/her inner side,you wouldn't know he/she is your missing piece:)
right, and dont judge anyones preferences since you know they are formed by their inner side.

if im interested in whatever age group im interested in its nunnya dern binez.

maybe take a 'no' with dignity and move along without arguing.

:thumbsup: waving

Filters are good though...to each his/her own bigsmile

That's it! smile2 waving

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 12:07 PM

By good intentions I meant and wrote and wants a serious relationship, it was in the title...I think it was clear and not open for misinterpretation. Hopefully I will find a man who doesn't twist my words...

Regardless how clearly you explain, you can't reach those who do not want to understand. Nevertheless, a clarification is always a good idea.
I am enjoying forums, but there is still a hope I'll find that special someone who will not NEED the clarification.
I am not too sure if I am doing it right, since all the responses I got so far were everything EXCEPT what I hoped for.
Maybe things shall change in future? I wish us both the best of luck!
Meanwhile, enjoy the forums and relax. If it is meant to happen it will happen. waving
That's how I see it.

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:48 AM

Dont judge a person by its outside appearance but instead know his/her inner side,you wouldn't know he/she is your missing piece:)
right, and dont judge anyones preferences since you know they are formed by their inner side.

if im interested in whatever age group im interested in its nunnya dern binez.

maybe take a 'no' with dignity and move along without arguing.

I agree, but I am glad there are male... oops I mean mail filters on Mingle.

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:43 AM

Hi, I'm Bret, SGWM from the United States, Hutchinson Kansas. Mingle still has me registered under my old email which is *****. My new address is *****. I tried to change it but for some reason, the change isn't saved. Would someone please tell me how to change it? Thanks very much. Best, Bret

I hope you will take care of this technical issue, however, since you joined Mingle in 2009, I do not understand why would you just ask in a forum rather than contact site's admins here:
http://mingle2.com/welcome/contact_us

I am sure they would be more than willing and able to help you.
So, why would you post your e-mail addresses publicly and risk getting junk mail and/or messages from scammers by providing them on forums?

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:25 AM
Welcome to MIngle.

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:24 AM
Wow! This was the shortest quest for love I have seen so far on Mingle.shocked
But wait, perhaps we shall see him again under a different name and with a better photo?spock

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:22 AM

OP went *POOF* and vanished. I guess he didn't like the answers he was getting.

Have a nice life! drinker

So Tra88t was right. It is about emotions.
He was not emotional, but too emotional! :laughing:

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:18 AM

My experience says that if a woman has some of pictures and had wrote good in profile but in message or pm she says 'i'm new to this site' etc or start the conversation with 'am' doing this and 'am that lol. It certainly means she is lying if she says she is an american. Most probably after a bit while she would ask money from you lol. Must be some African person who is hiding or lying, do i make sense?

I know i do lol

But then i ain't give any of my verdict upon the different people circumstances, it maybe that i am correct and it maybe that i am not.

Abdullah

So you believe her photos are fake?
Did you check them out on the Net or simply jumped into a conclusion?
Anyways, it is an interesting implication coming from someone without a photo in a profile and "no answer" in a marital status section.
I wonder why anyone would rely on your conclusion based solely on your perception of her profile and friendly hello to everyone.

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:03 AM
Hello strongandsassy, welcome to Mingle.waving

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:41 AM

My ex fiancee lived 250 miles from me.
She would call me, insisting that I just had to come right away.
So I would. When I got there, she would go to sleep.
She would sleep for 2 days.
So while she slept I would clean her apartment, do her laundry,
do her grocery shopping, fix her car, etc.
Went through this routine about 50 times.

So who was the stupid one??slaphead
rofl

It took you 50 times before you realised why she wanted you to come over, lmao!!!

Love does make us blind. That's why opening our eyes is so painful. I hope he will be able to trust someone again.

Some people get so hurt that it leaves them unable to open up their minds and their hearts again. I recently met such a man(*) and recognized those hidden scars. Too deep and still bleeding!

As selfish as it may sound, I admit I run away. I just couldn't offer a shoulder for crying again. Not again! I am only human too, sorry...

It takes time to heal. All of us have been hurt at some point of our lives, but if someone still feels the pain after so many years, than it's better not to expect patience at all the wrong places, as if the whole world has to stop because of the personal loss of one individual and owns him something.

I am willing to help, but not to carry someone all the way. Besides, how do you help someone who doesn't accept it, but rather uses excuses and a self pity?

(*)
Just to clarify, by such a man, I didn't have in mind panchovanilla

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:35 AM

I had an ex, who unfortunately, learned to talk, but never learned to shut up.
Literally, from the nanosecond her eyes opened in the morning, until she drifted off to sleep at night.
I've avoided hyper- kinetic personalities ever since.

Oh...the wiring issue, maybe?

Men and women express their taught and feelings in different ways. It can cause a misunderstanding. But when there is a will, there is also a way.

Women sometimes speak too much because they are not satisfied with something. When the rant stops it usually means they gave up trying to deal with it, whatever it may be.

Sometimes men do not hear or do not want to hear when they are asked (not) to do something in plain English. Some men simply do not listen, some act as if they do not understand and ask for an explanation.
When they get an explanation, if they still stick to (for example) an annoying habit they have, women sometimes continue ranting, as if it will change anything. Once they realize it won't change a thing they become silent. That's not a good sign.

Of course, I do not know anything about you or about your ex, so I am talking generally. Do not take it personally, please.

Conclusion: both sexes can be equally annoying.

Yes, you can put it that way. :laughing:

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:34 AM

rofl

It took you 50 times before you realised why she wanted you to come over, lmao!!!

Love does make us blind. That's why opening our eyes is so painful. I hope he will be able to trust someone again.

Some people get so hurt that it leaves them unable to open up their minds and their hearts again. I recently met such a man and recognized those hidden scars. Too deep and still bleeding!

As selfish as it may sound, I admit I run away. I just couldn't offer a shoulder for crying again. Not again! I am only human too, sorry...

It takes time to heal. All of us have been hurt at some point of our lives, but if someone still feels the pain after so many years, than it's better not to expect patience at all the wrong places, as if the whole world has to stop because of the personal loss of one individual and owns him something.

I am willing to help, but not to carry someone all the way. Besides, how do you help someone who doesn't accept it, but rather uses excuses and a self pity?

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:10 AM

Life must really suck if that is what you do in your spare time - create havoc for others. People can be so simple.

Imagine hacking into ten million accounts and taking just one cent from every one of them. Sums up to a nice pile of money, doesn't it? And it is just one cent...
Hacking may create havocs out of people's lives, but that's probably not the primary motive behind it.
So, please, stay safe and enjoy meeting Minglers. There are some nice people here. Perhaps you will meet someone special. You never know, right? smile2

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:58 AM

Thanks. But -it's the "scamming" that I'm curious about. What could they possibly gain from an email address? Is this about sending emails with viruses, hacking, identity theft, internet tracking?

All of the above and than some. I would just report them and block them.

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:54 AM
Welcome to Mingle.smile2

Unlike you, I prefer local people, not virtual ones or those far away. I moved too many times and it's not something I would consider doing again.
This city is really special. I have spent almost half of my life here and I can honestly say I feel as one of the Hamiltonians now.
Last time I visited friends in Toronto, coming back to Hamilton felt like coming back home.
There is something about this city that captured my heart and I surrendered without resistance.
I :heart: Hamilton!

How about you? Where do you live?

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:14 AM

rofl

No....that wasn't stupid, just the love blind you then!
But then you did wake up...that's why she is now an EX!!

I agree!

no photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:12 AM

A heavy smoker and it was always I am out, I left them somewhere,I was late for work because I had to stop to get some more. Eating and having her fan the smoke from my face and meal, smelling it on her breath and clothes when she kissed me. I could go on and on I felt like a hostage to those damn cigarettes.

As a smoker I can relate to this. I am aware that non-smokers hate the smell of tobacco.
That's why I clearly stated in my profile that I am a smoker and looking for the same.
It makes no sense to cope with it. No sense to me as a smoker and even less sense for the person who hates it.
It simply wouldn't work, so why pretend and lie to myself or anyone else?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 21 22