no photo
Fri 10/17/14 02:16 PM
It's nice to meet new people and become friendly acquaintances, but it takes time to get to know someone really well and become a friend.
I do have a few friends and many friendly acquaintances. Maybe some of them shall become friends in future. Remains to be seen.smile2

no photo
Fri 10/17/14 01:53 PM

...have to close the gap sooner or later. Somebody has to move.

Yep. I lucked out as she even before I knew her had always wanted to live in Oregon. I was just the incentive to finally get her to make the move.
But if it came down to it I would have made the move to her state. Granted we're both in the same country. Those from different countries that's a whole other thing, and an even bigger commitment and change one has to make.

If neither is willing to move, an LDR is a waste of time, and it's something that should be discussed early on.

Exactly!

no photo
Fri 10/17/14 01:40 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 10/17/14 01:44 PM
Since I entered so called dating scene after becoming a widow with over 20 years of marriage behind me, I still learn as I go. Long term relationships do not seem to work for me for reasons no1phD explained so well.

Some people do not want to take their time to get to know others. They seem to either lack patience or simply want instant results, some kind of a relationship-on-demand in which they replaced remote control with "a little black book" stored on the smart phone.

For example, I didn't realise that some people who expect hot sex on a first date find me old fashioned and too conservative because I do not have any specific rule about first dates, but I do give myself time to make certain moves. If not doing it because it doesn't feel right makes me old fashioned and too conservative in eyes of those who want it all and want it now, so be it.

I learned not to waste time and energy on explaining. If chemistry is not there - it's simply not there. It's not anybody's fault and a sudden cease of all communication by the other side doesn't bother me at all.

It is just like no reply from someone on the forum. It wouldn't work, so there are no reasons for any hard feelings.
However, there is no need to keep a contact number either, or to try to send a message after a while.

" A little black book" is just a book of names and numbers, but it takes being more than one of the names in it in order to be called by someone just because this person feels lonely, horny or ... whatever and wants to test the luck again.
If the message comes much later, well ... no hard feelings, but no reply either.

That's one of the lessons I have learned so far. Still learning. And still do not believe in long dstance relatioships.

no photo
Fri 10/17/14 11:57 AM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Fri 10/17/14 12:00 PM
This is an interesting topic. I have bookmarked it and came back to read replies again.
Then I found the similar topic on the forum.
It is about single moms. Just in case some Minglers find the related topic interesting, here is the link to save them time for searching the forum:http://mingle2.com/topic/402760?page=1
On a personal note, isaac_dede and klc's posts explained well how I feel about that type of a relationship.
Well written, worth reading and I'd like to thank both of them for posting on that topic!
One can always express an opinion in non-insulting way to others who do not share it.
That's what I like about some people on this forum whose posts are really worth reading.

Perhaps I should have been more considerate in my previous post on this topic. After reading it over I realized it might be mistaken as an opinion that all single dads are here just for NSA, which is NOT THE CASE.
I am grateful to Minglers who showed me a better way to express my taught by example.
THANKS!!!flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 10/17/14 10:43 AM

all your three posts go on about your ugly divorce

I mention it as a matter of fact. It was 'News Of The World' worthy.

As to mentioning women looking for the impossible, I think I'm correct in saying that. I'm a hopeless romantic so I know there's someonew out there but work/ kids/ life make finding them so difficult I think honesty is the best policy here.

ok tell us a joke....

All the jokes I know would get me banned or misunderstood. It's a strange world innit?

So, your ex got to keep the house, and apparently your testicles in the divorce.
Best of luck anyway.

No comment. bigsmile

no photo
Fri 10/17/14 10:31 AM
@mrld_ii smile2

<--- Real woman.

So "real" I NEED my bras, thankyouverymuch.

Such a "real woman", in fact, that I have little use for men who have a problem with "the social, economic, and political equality of men and women"

and who, instead, prefer an UN-level playing field in order to feel superior.

Thanks for asking, OP!!! waving

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 07:40 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Thu 10/16/14 07:43 PM

I just respond with my litany of skin disorders and physical ailments...the emails tend to stop pretty suddenly...

That is VERY creative! :laughing:

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 07:36 PM

Mixed is fine. I plan to use it to purchase an island, munitions and precious metals. After I complete the tropical themed Batcave.

I'll hang up my cowl, and leave the crime-fighting to some other guy. Pick up my fishing pole and a nice fruity drink with a paper umbrella while sitting back and putting my feet up.

Ahhhhh...but, will you be wearing pants?!?

Ummm... no.

:laughing:

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 07:35 PM

If the man who says he loves you and wants to be with you but lives in a different country then it's up to him to be responsible enough to find his way to where you are without requesting monetary expectations from you. If his love is true he will spare nothing to get to you in whatever way necessary. If not, he didn't really care for you! Hope is hope; but reality is reality! If it is meant to be it will happen; if it doesn't it is a hope for an illusion and unrealistic! JMHO

Agreed.

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 07:33 PM

I'd never marry a man just so he could stay in my country, ever.

How many do you believe take a partner here in the USA coming from a different country and lie about their love ...just to get the green card ... before you really have time to know them... least not very long ... and is it legal to do that ...have papers filed already for the divorce...

You'd have to stay together for x amount of years. If you split up before then, you gotta leave the country. Think in the States it's 5 years ... And if they check things, it's gotta be clear that the marriage is being consummated and genuine, so you cannot have separate rooms etc.

Long time ago someone tried to set me up with his son as I really wanted to stay in Australia. I'd have to pay him 10.000 AU dollar to marry his son. Right. And my name is Stupid? noway
I really wanted to stay in Australia, but no way was I gonna sell myself. I think daddy was interested in having easy access to a young girl that was easy to blackmail --> don't cooperate, my son will divorce you and you'll have to leave the country.

Smart decision!

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 03:32 PM

Ohh.. winner winner chicken dinner..
I'm in it to win it...laugh laugh :banana:

flowers

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 03:30 PM

I would do it for a lifetime supply of horror Blu Rays.

New or used? :laughing:

Either. I'm not picky.

oops Oh wait! It is not over yet!
Not picky brings it to a whole new level!!! :laughing:
Let's count the number of replies in mailboxes and find that winner.
rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 03:26 PM

Something simple i've found since being on dating sites (around 3 months) is that in general, women say they are looking for an honest, humourous guy when what they mean is they want a male model with a seven figure bank account.

Now that , to me, is dishonest.

Just sayin

Such an attitude doesn't lead to winning a popularity contest. Just saying...

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 03:16 PM

at this point... I would pay.. her to marry me..lmao..... seriously.hell.. you don't even have to pay me.. we can work out something in trade...:banana: :banana: pitchfork :angel:

We got a winner! :banana:

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 03:12 PM

What is a frnd ?

Someone who hasn't had a vowel movement lately.

rofl

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 03:11 PM

You need to find the instant friend thread.....
It's next to the instant coffee thread.....
hmmmmm, coffee.....

What is next -instant water ??? You buy a bag of it, just add water and there you go - instant water! what

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 02:58 PM
Edited by NoMindGamesPlease on Thu 10/16/14 02:59 PM

I would do it for a lifetime supply of horror Blu Rays.

New or used? :laughing:

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 02:42 PM
Soooo, stan wants 100 mil. cash in advance (small bills?)
and nascar just a vette ... Let's try to guess which one of them got more messages in their mail box (originating from exotic servers).
Hard question!:laughing:

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 02:29 PM

Men-who-feel-American-women-are-the-worst-and-who-frequent-Russian-bride-sites-looking-for-'Real'-Women,

nomindgames is soooooooo just kidding.

Yes, yes, just kidding. :laughing:
rofl

no photo
Thu 10/16/14 02:15 PM
No! Call me old fashioned, but I think marriage should be much more than that. I am not even sure if I would marry again ...

However, even if someone considers such a proposal there are few things to take into consideration prior to such a LEGAL commitment.

How well do you know this person?
What if (s)he turns this marriage into a nightmare?
(S)he could become violent, start taking drugs, move you while you are out of town over a long weekend etc.

Love or not, marriage still has LEGAL IMPLICATIONS.

What if (s)he doesn't want to divorce as agreed and blackmails you?

What about your home, car, etc.- would you generously give it away to that person if that turns out to be a result of a divorce?

What if (s)he has kid(s) with someone else while still married to you? What are your legal responsibilities if (s)he decides to bring kid(s) to your home?

What amount would be worth such a risk?

Just think about it.winking

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 21 22