Community > Posts By > charles

charles's photo
Fri 01/23/15 01:35 PM
I know it can be annoying, but yeah, check your connection and maybe do some basic computer housekeeping.

charles's photo
Fri 01/23/15 10:48 AM
There doesn't seem to be such a bug at this time, Jtevans, but I can see that you have been sending multiple copies from time to time.

charles's photo
Fri 01/23/15 10:42 AM
Hi, SpicyExcel. Are you suggesting those search results should be in line with Mutual Match? Or, are you bringing to light a possible search bug?

As for MM candidates outside of your range, we will look into that.

As for pop-ups, we do not serve pop-ups. If you are getting them, you may want to scan your machine for spyware.

1/24/15 edit:
We are continuing to look into a few of the issues posted above as we address Mutual Match bugs / fine tune Mutual Match.

charles's photo
Thu 01/22/15 06:10 PM
We understand that you and others are frustrated by this Mutual Match number and other changes, mightymoe, but we simply need to improve the MinglePlus conversion rate a bit. More advantages in the premium product and a nudge like this one may help achieve this goal. At the end of the day, we don't find it unreasonably difficult for those so inclined to ignore this number.

That noted, it's current incarnation is not set in stone (although I make no promises) and we are analyzing its effects. Finally, there could be a bug where the "x new" number fluctuates up and down a little. We are looking into this potential glitch, but it should not make a huge difference in the number.

charles's photo
Thu 01/22/15 05:46 PM

I thought that I was the only one that had this problem? So when can we expect to have it fixed????

We might tweak it a bit, CheerfulFriends, but it's not a bug.

charles's photo
Thu 01/22/15 11:57 AM
Welcome, bklyn29girl. soufiehere is partly right, but that's only because we had to make another change (for the app) after we fixed the bug. So, if you upload a perfect square of a photo, it should have the right dimensions when it's in your profile.

charles's photo
Thu 01/22/15 06:24 AM
Please elaborate a bit, Witch15. Are you referring to the offsite email notifications or Mingle2 mail?

charles's photo
Thu 01/22/15 06:23 AM
Are you using the app or just the mobile site, Witch15?

charles's photo
Wed 01/21/15 06:58 PM
This might be a bug I'm looking into it. Thank you.

charles's photo
Wed 01/21/15 06:14 PM
Welcome, Kev. Looks like you may have to go to the full site (there's a link in the mobile menu) in order to turn on your mail filters:
http://mingle2.com/inbox/filters

charles's photo
Wed 01/21/15 12:20 PM
Welcome, triste01. I'm not sure what you posted, as the translation I got is "hi will you commit".

any prizes for active and popular users smokin ?

The prize is getting more messages than most. drinker

charles's photo
Wed 01/21/15 12:16 PM
Hi guys. We are not changing the messaging system, and that includes the ability to filter.

charles's photo
Tue 01/20/15 09:59 PM
Mutual Match will still be available for the free version. There will be cosmetic changes (to both free and premium) and stealth mode will no longer be available on the free version.

charles's photo
Tue 01/20/15 09:55 PM
We've updated our premium product and will be making changes to both our premium and free versions tomorrow evening (PST). After we release the new code, you will need to have MinglePlus in order to:
1. show up first in searches,
2. be first under the "People You Might Be Interested In" section,
3. use stealth mode (so that others do not know when you view them or are online),
4. see who likes you on Mutual Match,
5. see if someone reads your mail, and
6. keep your mail messages indefinitely.

MinglePlus will cost $9.99/month and up, depending on the package, and we are moving to a PayPal-only payment system. You will be able to pay with a credit card through PayPal, though.

We're enthused about these changes and will be closely monitoring the site during the release (more closely than usual, that is).

Thanks for using the site,
The Mingle2 Team

charles's photo
Tue 01/20/15 09:50 PM
We've updated our premium product and will be making changes to both our premium and free versions tomorrow evening (PST). After we release the new code, you will need to have MinglePlus in order to:
1. show up first in searches,
2. be first under the "People You Might Be Interested In" section,
3. use stealth mode (so that others do not know when you view them or are online),
4. see who likes you on Mutual Match,
5. see if someone reads your mail, and
6. keep your mail messages indefinitely.

MinglePlus will cost $9.99/month and up, depending on the package, and we are moving to a PayPal-only payment system. You will be able to pay with a credit card through PayPal, though.

We're enthused about these changes and will be closely monitoring the site during the release (more closely than usual, that is).

Thanks for using the site,
The Mingle2 Team

charles's photo
Mon 01/19/15 04:46 PM
Welcome, Babex11. You won't be able to send another messages to this person until he replies to you ("Please wait until ********* responds to your previous messages first before sending another one").

charles's photo
Fri 01/16/15 03:02 PM
Welcome, GOATMAN2. All emails between any two members are grouped in the same thread/place so that the recent history can easily be looked up by either member. So, there is no need for a Sent folder; both oncoming and outgoing messages are under the Mail tab.

charles's photo
Fri 01/16/15 02:48 PM
Congratulations, Frex69. To close down your account, follow the short series of steps listed below...

First, in order not to get anymore emails from us, uncheck the boxes on the following page, and click the 'Update Settings' button.
http://mingle2.com/inbox/mail_settings
http://m.mingle2.com/inbox/mail_settings (mobile site)

Then, you should remove any description that you added to your profile and purge all photos that you have uploaded.

Finally, you will want to deactivate the account, which will remove your profile from public view. You can do this here:
http://mingle2.com/user/show_settings
http://m.mingle2.com/users/exit_survey (mobile site)

Once you taken all of the above steps, the account will be canceled and you will be unsubscribed.

charles's photo
Fri 01/16/15 02:45 PM

Most likely a mild virus , run a scan and quarantine any fishy programs . Install AdBlockPlus

I'm inclined to agree, as we do not serve pop-up ads. We'll double check if too many members report it, though.

charles's photo
Thu 01/15/15 02:35 PM
Welcome, rkharikrishnan. I'll see of there is anything that can be done to speed it up, although it seems usable at this point.