Community > Posts By > aussieguy288

no photo
Tue 05/31/16 04:53 PM
I remember asking my then gf's father if I could marry her, it took me 3 days to find the right moment. He just said.. yeah, that's ok and went back to what he was doing...Phew!

no photo
Tue 05/31/16 04:16 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Tue 05/31/16 04:17 PM
Thanks guys.. I do feel I'm getting there, where I can voice an opinion which I couldn't do before.

I know I'm not the only one who has trouble talking to females, I think there are a lot of guys in the same boat. I would say it maybe the same for females wanting to talk to a guy.. I suppose it's the old fear of rejection.

In the few instances where I have been talking to a female I try not to talk much about myself (unless she asks) but concentrate on finding out more about her.

I do appreciate your input.

no photo
Tue 05/31/16 03:40 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Tue 05/31/16 03:43 PM
Myself and my 2 brothers were put into a boy's home (institution) when I was 6 because our parents split. Was in the first home for 5 years and the second for 5 years. This was between 1950-1960. Ever since I have lacked confidence and even a senior supervisor at a mine where I worked pointed it out a few times in appraisals.

In the last 10 years I have tried to be more out going, I feel I'm getting better but still have trouble making close friends.

I find it hard to make the first move in contacting females. I was married for 27 years but it wasn't the best. I've lived alone since being divorced in 1999. I have my own modest home in a small country town now, it's not my ideal location but it's mine.

Has anyone else gone through something like this?

Laurie

no photo
Mon 05/30/16 11:20 PM
Why hasn't Barbie had any kids?
Because Ken always comes in another box!

no photo
Sun 05/29/16 07:41 PM
I've read a few of your posts on different topics and you speak well. What your going through is a hurt that many go through but you will I'm sure take the advice from ordinary people who in my book are the ones to listen to.

Good luck mate..

Laurie

no photo
Sun 05/29/16 03:20 PM
G'day Mate.. I don't know what got you feeling like you are but you have made a start to being your normal self and that's to acknowledge your feelings to others.

As was previously stated, most people go through what your going through (myself included) and with the help of friends in most cases (I worked myself out after watching Dr Phil) you will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train.

If you need to talk you can message me..

Laurie

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 07:47 PM
It sure can.. what is your story?

Photos wearing sunnies aren't a good idea, people like to see the eyes.. just a thought.

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 07:03 PM
Your welcome Cat.. I think long distance relationships can be time consuming, costly etc, so I think your right in looking for a guy there. If you can't find anyone let me know...

I went to Virginia in 2000 to meet a lady but it didn't work out.

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 06:34 PM
Sorry you got scammed.. I've had them on here all the time.. I just delete them.. When these guys/girls start spinning you all the things you want to hear it's easy to get caught up in their lies etc.. then the money requests start... Dating sites are full of them now.

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 06:28 PM
Good one Rebel.. I'll try that.. thanks.

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 06:27 PM
Not sure why you've had problems with male friendships Cat.. maybe next time if you like the guy maybe a little flirting by you will help. Some guys are a bit shy to start things.. I guess females can be the same.

I like you but I'm not on your radar regarding your search criteria.. plus a live across the pond.

I really hope you can find a nice guy soon as you seem a nice girl to me and I also live in a small town.

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 05:51 PM
How do you tell whether a photo has been lifted from somewhere else to make a fake profile?

no photo
Sat 05/28/16 04:49 PM
It's the only way to go.. getting to know someone as a friend over a certain time gives you more of an insight into their character etc. Then if a relationship develops then your starting off on a more solid foundation rather than jumping into bed with them on the first or second date.

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 08:54 PM
Do you believe in love at first sight, or would you like me to walk past again?

Has it happened for you?

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 08:09 PM
I think the unexpected.. but I feel either way it's exciting to know there is someone who likes us. It's a nice feeling thinking about them..all the time.. can do crazy things to you.

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 07:45 PM
I suppose you can take it anyway.. I can't see the point myself but I guess it's for the individual.. it was just something I thought of.

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 07:37 PM
Are people who put rings through their nose easily lead?

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 07:33 PM
I like catinidaho, I've read her profile but I don't meet her criteria. I can't believe guys rejecting her unless it's the small town thing.. anyway, I think she's nice.

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 06:19 PM
I for one would give up if I was rejected the first time as I would feel I would be a nuisance if I kept trying.. It's a fine line.

I read on a profile sometime ago.. If you don't ask the answer is always no!

no photo
Fri 05/27/16 06:10 PM
MightyMoe: I totally agree with you.. but if your a person who doesn't go out much plus I live in a small country town it is harder to meet face to face.

I think many people won't contact others because they feel they aren't good enough or there is the rejection factor.