Community > Posts By > DadCat

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/22/15 12:21 PM
Hooray (((2K))). Glad to see you can post again!

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/22/15 12:17 PM
This is my opinion. Do not believe a word I am saying. There is big neon sign before this post saying:

"Do Not Believe Me!".

The trust in the relationship was broken by the actions of both parties. They have shared responsibility (blame) for that.

The story has a huge gap in continuity. I believe it is implied there was some attempt to rebuild the trust over a period of 2 year. This demonstrates a desire to sustain the relationship. That failed based upon the actions that precipitated the rebuilding.

Both persons should be commended for showing the other their commitment to sustaining the relationship. Your request appears to be an attempt to find a way to justify the actions of either of the parties involved. At this point, that serves only a selfish interest. The lesson is never to break the trust as it is the basis for any relationship.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/22/15 12:01 PM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/22/15 12:05 PM

good morning lovebirds. I thought this was cute and funny so had to send it your way
:heart: :heart:
Haha...cute..but kinda creepy...hehe...Gidday Ana..waving

sorry for the creepy. when I saw it I was kinda like bed head love birds and just thought it was funny.
hope you and Mekay are doing great. send you both a big hug
hehe...dont be sorry my friend its still very funny....hahahaha

I like them! And my child knows about them from summer camp up North in Mendocino County.

Good Morning to you Mike and Mekay. Just checking in to say hello.

I'm still back in thread #2. I see many people who disappear leave their words in your thread. At least I get some closure for them to understand where and why they left mingle.

p.s. Thanks for the grammar lessons Mikey. Abort complete. Resuming normal heading...

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/22/15 11:17 AM
The topic is scolding.

Scolding can be verbal abuse. Taking apart the language to meet your personal definitions isn't addressing the topic.

Those who like to imagine the worst case scenarios of children acting up or out of control have no knowledge or understanding of non-violent parenting.

Those who suggest that children raised by non-violent means will grow up without understanding discipline or consequences also do not understand non-violent parenting.

On the side issue of spanking:

Spanking is physical abuse. It is not necessary for teaching children about discipline. It is not a necessary consequence for a child that has failed to behave or follow rules.

To suggest that there is a balance between spanking and abuse is called minimizing.

The relationship between domestic violence and how children are raised has been well documented.

I choose a path that is not popular nor convenient. It requires more effort on me as a parent. It is especially challenging for me as a single parent. It is worth my effort for my child :heart: .

The years of practicing non-violent parenting with my child are proof of the success of the method. I base my conclusions on my experience with my child.

And last:

I am grateful to (((Mariah)))flowerforyou and (((Estelle)))flowerforyou for their courage to speak out against abusive behavior against children. Being in the minority in our beliefs does not make us wrong.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/22/15 12:51 AM
Hello Karina.

Welcome back to mingle.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/22/15 12:45 AM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/22/15 12:47 AM
Sorry I don't see anyone who actually viewed it personally.

Here's my photo of the solar eclipse over North America in October 2014.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 11:42 PM
When someone asks for my phone number to text me right away I give them my ex's lawyer's phone number. I figure a scammer will have to love another scammer....laugh laugh

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 10:02 PM
Edited by DadCat on Sat 03/21/15 10:02 PM
Hello and welcome to mingle.

You will find many here to help you learn and share with.

I like that you work with children.

My best to you.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 09:32 PM
It is very pleasing to see the words of each of you.

It is these types of posts that really keep my interest and why I stay.

Thank you all, both the old and the new for sharing. flowerforyou .

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 07:24 PM

No question : "*Banksy" :banana:

*Banksy is a pseudonymous English graffiti artist, political activist, film director, and painter.

Yes, I know him. Very cool choice.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 07:14 PM
Welcome to mingle.

What shall we chat about?

Perhaps you will join us in the forums. 2KidsMom ^^above me^^ has a great topic of cool stuff going on. There are a lot of other good people there and elsewhere here in the forums. Come join us and chat along.

I look forward to seeing you.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 07:10 PM

who wants to meet for lunch???

I'm great but I guess I'm too slow. I missed lunch.:cry:

Maybe next time...

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 01:17 PM
I read this topic from start to finish. It took a day or so lol!

I must say that there are some very good words that offer insight into the men and women here. I am disappointed that some of the more interesting people have deactivated or were last seen long ago.

I myself have no issues with age. Love has no boundary to me. I do not place limits on what my heart is capable of.

I appreciate a woman for who she is and how she responds to me. Her interests and mine do not have to be the same just compatible. If she is focused on wealth or has rigid standards, that dooms the relationship for me. This is true of some here on mingle whose profiles are a checklist of requirements (just as a previous poster to this topic).

My experience here and outside of mingle has been fun, exciting, sensual and disappointing. In my experience, women old and young are unwilling to continue to work on building a relationship.I would say I value commitment which is lacking for so many women as well as men. My experience is the majority of them were older women.

The women who have responded to me and have continued to maintain contact with me are not local to me. The women local to my city tend to fade away without being responsive after a time. (This includes my experience here on mingle and outside) If a woman keeps writing and sharing her life, we have a good chance of meeting in real life. That, unfortunately, has been rare.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 10:15 AM
Welcome to mingle.

Of course it is possible. As you say: take chances. Join us in the forums and make friends. We are all passionate and have love; make laughter with human connections that are real. Come see. You never know what you may find.

I wish you the best.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 09:57 AM
Welcome to mingle.

You will find friends in the forums here.

Best to you.

DadCat's photo
Sat 03/21/15 03:20 AM
Hello and Welcome to mingle.

We're practically neighbors compared to most of the people I know on this site.

Please join us in the forums and add your words to the discussions.

Happy Spring to You!

My best to you in finding happiness.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 08:37 PM
I would but your profile excludes me from your circle of interests.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 08:24 PM

I think that's a pretty vulgar shirt to put on a kid lol

I agree. This cuts close to 'home' for me as my child's mother has made comments about our child being 'unfortunate'. Diminishing the life of your children is highly offense to me.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 08:20 PM

'Perhaps people leave posts 'that' long in order to express their thought in an articulate and vivid way. It takes 'patience' (if not 'perseverance') to read such posts in entirety. Voicing one's opinion in a public forum, needs a 'patient' observer. As 'they' say: "One cannot be a good orator unless one is a patient listener."

That was a lovely post, "BrownEyes". Please carry on sharing your views in such a vivid manner, for 'many' of us to 'learn, understand and appreciate' the various facets of 'relationship' and 'life'!flowerforyou

I do appreciate her discussion and read carefully her words. I take exception to many of the generalities about men and women where she speaks of them as if she is all knowing.

I am personally offended being lumped into the generalities about men and how I feel about sex and intimacy. She doesn't know all men or all women. The words she writes lack usage of the 'I' word. She should have started her post with a general disclaimer to maintain credibility.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 06:25 PM
I'm living in San Francisco.

We have lots of free music festivals and street fairs to attend.

Just bring your jacket during the summer time laugh.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25