Community > Posts By > seamac

seamac's photo
Sun 10/14/12 03:09 PM
I agree that some user names are very telling. In fact when some appear in my email I know to delete right away. Some are very creative and funny which I find appealing, those at least get my attention.

My user name has been with me since I opened my first email account, it was pretty obvious to people who knew me. sea reflected my wish to live on the ocean, mac are my initials. Not very ingenious but not to weird or scary either.

seamac's photo
Sun 10/14/12 02:52 PM

Take a picture of the finished product if you can!! How wonderful of all of you to do something like this.flowerforyou

We had a blast doing it. Next year we will likely be beating volunteers to knit off with a stick! I already signed up for the same time slot for next year. Maybe the wind will be less aggressive!!

After the event all the food donations were counted to determine which charity will get the proceeds from raffle tickets which we will continue to sell until Thanksgiving weekend when the winner will be picked during our Festival Of Lights. So far they are selling well so hopefully we will raise a nice chunk for the winning charity. Votes were in the form of non-perishable food stuffs put in the labeled box of your choice, after the count all the food was taken to one of our local food banks, I won't swear to the figure but 'votes' collected during the 24 hour period weighed in at something like 270 pounds, not bad for an event planned only two weeks in advance and given minimal advertising.

Some really nice things happened during the event, people not only voted and bought raffle tickets but also gave us hot soup, bags of candy bars and cookies, cups of coffee. There was a big cruise ship in our harbor, many tourist bought raffle tickets with the request that we write "from your friends in Germany" (or where ever) on the tickets, basically these were donations because none of the people from out of town want us to ship the blanket should they win it.

Really I can't wait to do this again next year but also look forward to all the things in-between. Nov is Coats for Kids month so we will be knitting hats, mittens and scarves to donate. The shop will replace for free the initial ball of yarn purchased for this when you bring in a balls worth of finished pieces, pretty cool. I had no idea what a great group I was stumbling into when I first started going to knitting group after learning the store had opened but I am loving being a small part of a privately owned shop with such a generous community spirit.

Thanks again for your replies and good wishes.

Oh I will take pictures of the blanket but don't know how to load them here...unless it is just like loading pics I used in my profile. No clue how some of you get all those whacky pics on here...

seamac's photo
Sun 10/14/12 02:32 PM

You may have started something here In Colorado Springs. I conveyed your idea to the ladies with the recipe club. They know many who do knit. They are going to knit for the Homelessness and the needy people here. Thank you for the idea. The ladies are really running with this. I do not knit but I can prepare food.

I think you can read lots more about our project on some of the social network sites like facebook and twitter, may get ideas from them that will help your recipe group get started. I am not on those sites so can't tell you how to find the links but I know the local press covered our event for the social networking sites. I wish you and your group the best, heaven knows there is a lot of need out there. You may also find information by goggling the store Over The Rainbow, Rockland Maine

If you do put something together be sure to let us know!

Thanks again for your kind words, I passed them on to all the knitters. flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Sat 10/13/12 07:36 AM
Well the charity knitting marathon went very well, as far as I know all the knitters showed up for their shifts even as the temps kept dropping and the winds kept up. It was really fun, lots of laughs and shared stories, very glad I took part in it. Heading over soon to help pack and clean up...can't wait to see how much we all knit in 24 hours. I think we will make a decent contribution to a very worthy charity when the raffle ends next month at our towns Festival of Lights.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:31 PM

Playah, play-on!

Haha I'm no player. Just admiring true beauty. flowerforyou

To think you are so good at admiring true beauty at such a fine age...keep talking so we can learn what other talents you have developed early.

Oh pooh, did I say that out loud? Shame on me. Just so happens I like the older men

too.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:24 PM
Hi and welcome. Come play in the forums, have fun and meet some great people. Good luck with your search.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 07:45 PM
Just the tie and a BIG grin.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 07:22 PM
Ever walk into the middle of a conversation and feel lost? Sometimes it is best to be still and keep quiet, figure out the gist of what's being said (or going on) before jumping in arse first.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 07:18 PM
If all else fails try reading some posts in various forums, always some fun and funny stuff here.

Good luck, welcome and keep posting!

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 07:15 PM

I hope you do knit a warm wrap to fend off the chilly temps.

Thanks, I think it will be warm since it is all wool and the colors are beautiful, many muted shades. Will go with everything but mostly we want it to warm someone who needs it.
That is indeed a very fine thing to do. I respect a person who thinks and feels for others.

Take care, stay warm. Bless your endeavors.

Thanks very much, very kind of you. This is the first community function of this type that I have been a small part of in a long time, feels good to be doing this and I think it will be fun too.

Every time I step outside I re-think how many layers I need to wear, worried about my feet a little but it our hands we need and to the best of my knowledge none of us have found gloves we can knit effectively/efficiently in. Hope the fingerless mittens are enough.

Thanks again! flowers

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 07:06 PM
Live and learn, just goes to prove that it takes time to get to know someone. Hope you told this person bye bye once pig stage was achieved.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 07:02 PM
Hi and welcome cass, there are lots of great people here worth taking the time to get to know, we enjoy getting to know newbies too. Bring your sense of humor, have some fun and maybe meet someone worth chatting with off site too. Hope to see you in the forums!

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 06:51 PM

I hope you do knit a warm wrap to fend off the chilly temps.

Thanks, I think it will be warm since it is all wool and the colors are beautiful, many muted shades. Will go with everything but mostly we want it to warm someone who needs it.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 06:43 PM
The woman who opens the door and gives out candy. surprised

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 06:41 PM
You sound a little angry, humor helps here so maybe try bringing that to the forums and see who you meet and who you have fun with along the way. Lots of great people here of all types, worth getting to know...Good luck in your search and hope to see you in the forums.

seamac's photo
Fri 10/12/12 06:37 PM
It is national yarn/craft or some such appreciation month. The new wonderful yarn shop in my town is hosting a 24 hour knitting marathon to knit a blanket to be raffled off for charity. Shifts are two hours with 4 knitters needed per shift. My shift starts at midnight tonight, to attract more attention especially during the day it is being held in a small park at the beginning of our little downtown. It is to be 20 degrees here on the Maine coast...Yikes, what was I thinking! LOL actually I am looking forward to it, just having trouble staying awake until it's time to layer up and head out. The whole thing is pretty cool, glad I didn't sign up for the 2-4 or 4-6am shifts!! Those people are strong! :banana:

seamac's photo
Thu 10/11/12 12:45 PM

I dont support Romney or his elitist perspective or vision

I will be one doing my best to move if he wins,,,,

Keep me in mind if need be, we could share living expenses....

seamac's photo
Thu 10/11/12 05:52 AM
I agree, it is cheating just as much as if they had been under the covers somewhere. Seems to me that you might deal with it the same way too. Was it a 'one night stand' or an ongoing relationship, could/would you forgive either and find trust again if it happened in 'real' life? If this happened to you I am sorry and wish you well in figuring out what you want to do about it.

seamac's photo
Wed 10/10/12 04:23 PM
I want super men! A crew to do some much needed work on my house that I can't do alone. Not very exciting but it is what I need and can't afford to pay for....a girl can dream...

seamac's photo
Wed 10/10/12 02:56 PM
Dark chocolate M&M's, can't get enough of them these days. Thinking about a toasted bacon and cheese sandwich but so far I don't see it happening...Jeeze I need to eat more veggies!!

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25