Community > Posts By > seamac

seamac's photo
Thu 07/18/19 06:10 AM
My grandmother and my mother were both very beautiful woman, both were artists at applying make-up that enhanced their best features while minimizing what they felt were not their best features, it was nearly impossible to tell they were wearing any make-up at all. I did not inherit their skill! I haven't worn make-up in ages, decades really, I never liked how it looked and it bothered my skin and eyes so out it went.

I have a dear friend who is in her 70's, she keeps her hair dyed a very dark brown and wears a lot of make-up. Both are way over the top for my taste BUT not for hers, she feels and looks confident and pretty so...each to their own.

By the way, my mom used to apply and/or touch up her make-up while driving, she also trimmed her hair while driving!! Not as dangerous as texting while driving but...noway

seamac's photo
Thu 07/18/19 05:35 AM

Hello

Hi, welcome to Mingle, for more/better results try reading the rules for posting to gain understanding of how this site works, perhaps introduce yourself in the 'Welcome' forum and check out severl forum topics to see which you might enjoy (perhaps all of them) Learning a new site can take a little time but there are good folks here and fun to be had so hang in there, you will figure it out.

seamac's photo
Thu 07/18/19 05:31 AM
I think that, in general, men have more upper-body strength, woman have longer attention spans. But almost anyone (however you identify your gender) can learn to do anything that interests them or that they need done and don't have someone else to help them. As for myself I own and use many power tools and have driven almost any kind of vehicle you can name except motorcycles but I also knit, comfort, garden, cook, etc so I don't think I 'fit' into the stereotypes of which sex does a thing better than the other.

That said, would someone please come to climb this ladder and clean my gutters? My days of ladder-climbing above 8 - 10 ft. are past! sad2

seamac's photo
Thu 07/18/19 05:03 AM
Hi to everyone who welcomed me back, I appreciate it! I look forward to having fun with you all in the forums. See you there! drinker

seamac's photo
Thu 07/18/19 05:02 AM
Hi soufiehere, I remember you, have you been here all this time? I look forward to re-connecting with you and all the people new since I left. Thanks for replying!

seamac's photo
Thu 07/18/19 04:58 AM
welcome Brian, check out the forums, once you find a few you enjoy posting in it is possible to meet some interesting people and have fun too. Good luck!

seamac's photo
Tue 07/16/19 04:07 PM
58 is an age I remember, guess I missed the boat! laugh

seamac's photo
Tue 07/16/19 03:56 PM
Hi, all
About 10 - 11 years ago I was pretty active on this site, had a lot of fun and met some wonderful people, one in person. I took a quick look around some of the forums, didn't see anyone I remember from back then but...I hope to have fun here again and look forward to getting to know you. flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Thu 10/16/14 02:05 PM
Edited by seamac on Thu 10/16/14 02:08 PM
It's what we often do best! Hang around, you'll get the hang of this beating thing and why we love it so much!! drinker

Sorry, meant to attach this to Adventureman's post, guess it would have made more sense if I had...guess I have been away a long time again...

seamac's photo
Sat 04/20/13 12:18 PM
Quit smoking now.

seamac's photo
Sat 03/30/13 02:43 PM

I can't even make sense of this question "do age does matter"!

Sly

It's probably a "young peoples" thing. j.k.

Or a dumb peoples thing.

Maybe I'm just lucky because young, middle age, or old, I don't know people who talk so stupid let alone would ever post on the world wide internet showing everyone how stupid they are.

Even if English is not their first language one can take the time to search for the correct way to properly string a four word question.

Sly

I very easily found at least four things incorrect with your post, the first and most repugnant being your superior attitude which shows a deep lack of respect for people who are not exactly as you are. The others are strictly to do with the proper use of the English language, might I suggest you look them up!

seamac's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:33 PM
7 plus years for me, one month yesterday for my mom. Trying to help my mom is hard and harder....

seamac's photo
Wed 03/27/13 06:52 AM

Well put! I recently figured that one out for myself. If we practice this daily growth in our lives will occour.

Yep, now put a shirt on before you get all the girls lol.

welcome to mingle

Not to worry mg1959, some of us find that body TO hard and would like to see his face.

What would make me happy today is a call from my car mechanic saying my car is done and it only cost....$50, expecting it to be more like $600 though.

seamac's photo
Wed 03/27/13 06:43 AM
Ok, I didn't read every post in this thread but read many and am wondering if I am the only person who has had good experiences on line?Dating sites are not really for me but I have made several good friends from the forums here. I did have one very intense long distance relationship that included one cross country flight to meet each other, it finally did end but after nursing my broken heart I don't regret one minute of it. I have a friend I met on a dating site, it didn't work for us as partners but we stayed friends. He met a woman on a dating site, talked for hours daily for a few months, met a few times, she is moving here to live with him in early April. Dating sites are full of the same kinds of people as populate the earth, the good, the bad and the ugly so you do have to sometimes deal with creeps. Just be smart, a little prudence goes a long way. I just wanted to say that dating sites can work and have worked for many, many people. I do think being involved in a sites forums gives you a better chance to get to know someone even before you decide to email them on a site.

seamac's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:03 PM

The Heroes in my life other than my parents, are our men and women who serve in our Armed Forces all over the world. Every day they perform Heroic acts and their bravery is unlike any other!!
smile2 smile2 winking winking :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ditto! Also firefighters and paramedics. They risk their lives to save others lives and property everyday. I have yet to meet a firefighter with a mean or selfish side. Police too, they also serve and protect, wish I could say I had never met one without a mean streak but overall they are a brave and caring lot. I sure am glad to see them when I need them!!

The list goes on...those who serve and protect our youth and our elders. Those who teach. Those who believe in the power of random acts of kindness and preform them. Those who share their gifts of the many arts...

I think there are heroes in our everyday lives, we just need to look for them and stop to say thank you.

seamac's photo
Sat 02/23/13 02:01 PM

Holy Concern here. Looks like I could be in the last stage. noway shocked
P.S.

No shock Collar Needed. scared

Agreed.

This stage kind of creep-ed up on me. LOL Wasn't I a young mom and in charge of the world just last week??? slaphead

Life is all good if we make it so, I love most of this time of my life, would add a few things and change a very few but over all I have reached middle age in pretty good and happy shape.

seamac's photo
Sat 02/23/13 01:52 PM
Thank you so much for your support and idea. I will check with our local hospital to see what resources they may offer, great idea really and one I hadn't thought of.

Sorry to be so long getting back to you. Crazy busy day! Finally time to eat some comfort food and relax for the evening.

Thanks again! flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Fri 02/22/13 06:59 PM
We age, we learn, we grow,we change. Sometimes we grow and that causes changes the other doesn't want to except. This often leads to unhappy couples who stay together for reasons of their own (we all know those reasons) sometimes it leads to divorce.

Sometimes we age, learn, grow and change and the other welcomes it as a way to expand the relationship. The other learns too and that growth is welcomed into the relationship, that is called ?? a partnership? Love? A relationship.

It works both ways, it is how we as a couple choose to or are able as individuals in the couple deal with the change that determines the outcome.

I think it is called 'Life'

Thinking you can change someone is futile. Love encompasses much, bears much but reaps greater rewards than it gives. That works both ways too.

seamac's photo
Fri 02/22/13 06:46 PM
I am sure this has been discussed but it is 'in my face' now. When it is our turn to take care of our aging parents and they (or in my case, my mom) fights you every step of the way, is totally unwilling to consider alternatives and still somehow wields an iron fist, how do we make them (her) listen. I pulled out my biggest gun this evening, reminded my mom of when she had these conversations with her mom. I have held that 'gun' till now when the time and mood seemed right to use it as an example to let her know some of what I am now up against. The conversation went quickly down hill and wisely shortly ended after that.

Any ideas that worked???

seamac's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:32 PM
Bad to the bone! LOL Like most of us I am both. Depends on the situation and what is called for! drool

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25