Community > Posts By > 2OLD2MESSAROUND

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 11:51 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Mon 06/22/15 11:55 AM
From a link tomato provided ^^^ >>>

As of 2013, the prison system contains some 2.3 million individuals. This process costs the US Federal government $55 Billion per year. 10% of these prisons are controlled fully by corporate entities. Between 1990 and 2010 the number of privately operated prisons in the U.S. increased 1600%. Private prisons have increased both in numbers and individuals incarcerated within them.

Granted and the very way that we allow 'PRIVATE SECTOR' {free capitol enterprise} go find a niche in this way of making money is ABSOLUTELY BIZARRE --- and has caused many legal issues with care and profiteering!
That 80+ yr old sheriff Joe out in Arizona comes to my memory as one of the worst for his exploits and all of his lawsuits from within his own peer group - self-serving method of stuffing his own pockets with $$$. grumble rant

tomato posted >>>
this is just sick tho, profiting off people suffering is just sick. granted there are some people that do belong in prison, but this is just ridiculous. people arrested for drug offenses should not be sittin in prison. unless you committed some kind of heinous crime while on the drug. way i feel its your body, you should be able to decide that you ingest. the fact that like 70% of people in prison are there for drug offenses is sickening.

germanchocolate replied >>>
Not as sickening as the systematic release of rapists and child abusers to make room for the drug offending middlemen. There are points of origin for cocaine and heroin that aren't in the US which means every bit of it in the US was grown processed packaged and imported from abroad by a cartel in another country. The people incarcerated here are for the most part the people who make small sales to users. None of them control the source, no matter how much they trafficked or profited.
What I fail to understand is how any educated elected or appointed official can't see that these people can make much more of a contribution to society and the IRS if they were working legally on the outside vs costing us billions to feed and house in jails. Plus the fact that they are basically selling in effect a good number of our countries workforce into slavery and paying for it.

Yes...there are many - many layers of problems - legal issues - just plain humanitarian concerns with how we've allowed our judicial system to become a 'FOR PROFIT BUSINESS' plan for Americans with a scheme and a technique to gouge those who have little say in their incarceration!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 11:34 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Mon 06/22/15 11:53 AM
SassyEuro stated >>>
Oh please.. laugh Blacks commit black on black crimes & more crimes than any other group. And they are not entering prisons & learning from a FEW OLD WHITE serial killers.

All the Liberals that were against the death penalty is the ONLY reason those guys ^^^^ were given 'back to back life sentences"

* More white males receive the death penalty, despite that fact that WHITES are the MINORITY in prison *
( All death penalty stats, including the NAACP says this- NOT a secret)

IF states still had the death penalty, IF blacks didn't commit so many crimes & repeatedly. The prisons wouldn't have been overflowing in the first place
Prisons would of remained a revolving door in a much more financially affordable way as well as so as society, victims, families having a sense of justice.

It is the white killers fault
It is the white politicians fault
It is the white private prison owners fault.

What next? It is a battle flag's fault for flying near a prison, and all the black repeat offenders started suffering from genetic memory flashbacks?

* I'm not going out on a limb here am I ? You made this about race .... geez, turn off MSNBC for a week * rofl

Conservatives and death penalty

Perhaps some readers were startled by a reference in a George Will column (LJS, April 14) to '��the conservative case against the death penalty.'��

Yes, it's true.

Some conservatives have turned against the death penalty, and there'��s evidence that tide is growing stronger.
In fact, at the renowned Conservative Political Action Conference this year there was even a booth for Conservatives Concerned About the Death Penalty.

Nebraskans who oppose the penalty should take note. In a red state like Nebraska, it'��s the conservative arguments that hold the most potential to change the minds of state senators.

An effort to repeal the death penalty is a perennial in the Legislature. The bill introduced this year by Sen. Ernie Chambers is out of committee and will be debated on the floor in coming weeks.

For some conservatives, opposition to the death penalty is part of their general mistrust of government. Edward Crane, founder of the CATO Institute, put it this way, '��My own view on capital punishment is that it is morally justified but that the government is often so inept and corrupt that innocent people might die as a result. Thus, I personally oppose capital punishment.'��

That view has become more mainstream in conservative circles because DNA technology has shown that some of the murderers facing death sentences in the United States actually are innocent.

Mary Kate Cary, a speechwriter for former President George H.W. Bush, said, '��It'��s becoming harder to justify the death penalty in the face of evidence that our system is flawed. - For years, people like me thought that being tough on crime meant supporting the death penalty. Times have changed, and it'��s time for conservatives to get on the right side of the death penalty argument. One can oppose the death penalty and still be in favor of a tough, affordable, accurate and fair criminal justice system.'��

Nebraskans in recent years have seen repeated examples of how the criminal justice system can deliver a flawed result, ranging from the convictions overturned in the Beatrice Six cases to the murder charges in the Murdock case that were dropped after it turned out blood evidence was planted by a crime scene investigator, who later was convicted of planting evidence.

Another conservative argument against the death penalty is cost. It’s cheaper to keep murderers in prison without parole than it is to pay for the seemingly endless appeals that are required to reduce error and bias in administering the death penalty.

Republicans in the Legislature should take note. They can vote for repeal of the death penalty without turning in their conservative credentials.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/editorials-conservatives-and-death-penalty

Or this other article from 2003...the shift and excuses - blame game for Liberal vs Conservative needs to be looked at again; given the way that some Americans love to 'LABEL' others that have issues with the notable way that many have been placed on 'DEATH ROW' only to be found later to be innocent of their adjudicated crime --- it's AMERICAN's {both sides of our political isle} finding issue with the way our legal system has been operating!

Death Penalty Fails to Meet Conservative Standards

In a recent Greensboro News & Record op-ed, Marshall Hurley, a long-time Republican in North Carolina, questioned giving the state authority to carry out executions when the current practice of capital punishment fails to meet conservative standards and risks innocent lives. He stated:
For those who believe in the virtue of limited government and criticize roundly when government does not work well, capital punishment does not meet fundamental conservative standards. Not only is it applied arbitrarily, but our judicial system cannot even figure out how to examine it properly. Forty-seven judges reviewing a single case over more than a dozen years may assure some that justice is served; to others, it evinces an appeals process in disarray, a game of such utter complexity that nothing is certain except delay and dismay. No one is well served - not families of victims, not law enforcement and certainly not the judicial system.
. . .
North Carolina conservatives, liberals and everyone in between should question whether our state government should authorize execution of people when we know, to a moral certainty, that some of them are innocent. There is no principled justification for any conservative to place limits on government power in all other areas, but grant it the power to kill, knowing it will make mistakes.

(Greensboro News & Record, July 27, 2003)

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/new-voices-conservative-voices

Yes, black humans have been 'Railroaded' for crimes that they never committed and this 'DEATH PENALTY' needs to be a total CLEAN HOUSE! But you shouldn't keep repeating that it's one political party vs another when the FACTS & DATA prove other wise! noway

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 11:04 AM
crystalfairy posted >>>
My baby had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in one go today. I'm not happy. Wouldn't have happened if she'd been here still. I feel like punching the bleeding dentist or doctor's lights out. What moron pulls all 4 in one go? I'm seriously pissed off, and worried. Dang, if this wasn't PG13 I'd show ya'll my mastery off the Queen's profaner English. I need a rant. explode

Debbie replied >>>
was she awake for this?

because you cant do a i.d block on both sides of the lower jaw because it numbs all of the tongue and you can swallow it.

if it was a general, then that's okay, but some prefer to have it done in two halfs.

Nitrous Gas - it's what is most commonly used for dental surgery - unless you have allergy/medical issues with that gas.

But once your mouth is clamped open the tongue is depressed and it can't move --- knocked out - they have someone with suctions hoses to keep things from going down the throat - shocked

I wouldn't allow mine to be removed until I watched a dental film on that procedure - {circa 1988} I'm a huge 'chicken ****' when it comes to dental anything! scared

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 10:57 AM

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 10:42 AM
CrystalFairy posted >>>
My baby had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in one go today. I'm not happy. Wouldn't have happened if she'd been here still. I feel like punching the bleeding dentist or doctor's lights out. What moron pulls all 4 in one go? I'm seriously pissed off, and worried. Dang, if this wasn't PG13 I'd show ya'll my mastery off the Queen's profaner English. I need a rant. explode

Sorry, to tell you but that's become the 'NORM' for dental surgery here in America; I had 3 of mine removed at the same time! That surgery is horrendous - and the horror stories run the gambit for worrisome to painful dry socket - sinus infection - dislocated jaw bone etc., etc., etc.

But once the dental surgeon is in there with your jaws clamped open and ready to chisel away at those 'WISDOM TEETH' that serve no purpose --- they'll show you the dental X-rays and the "WISDOM" of having them all removed at the same time!

She's young and the 'bounce back' for recovery will be much quicker then if she waited for each one to become a problem. {{hugs}} and loving her from that great distance is HARD! DANG IT~~~

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 06:59 AM
As much as this single TOPIC/THREAD gets a repeat performance from all the 'NEWBIES'...wouldn't it just behoove the community guru's to set up a FORUM TITLE for this so all the new arrivals could click on it and read what others have posted think

General Discussion - FAKE PROFILE/FAKE HUMANS

Just say'n what

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 06:37 AM
PBS - Masterpiece Theater >>> Just started last night:

Set in the picturesque, seaside county of Cornwall, Poldark follows a rough-and-ready hero with nothing to lose as he tries to restore his community, fortune, and family name.

It’s 1783, and Britain is in a crisis of falling wages, rising goods prices, and civil unrest. Dashing, adventurous scoundrel Ross Poldark (Aidan Turner) returns from fighting overseas to find his world dramatically changed: his family estate is in ruins, his father has died, and his sweetheart is engaged to another.

Though he is encouraged to pack up and make a new life elsewhere, the stubborn Poldark resolves to change his destiny and restore his lost fortune. As he assembles a motley band of friends and servants, Ross finds a partner equally headstrong to share the twists and turns of his new life. But changing the status quo of this country hamlet creates powerful enemies, and soon Ross is caught between what he knows to be right, and what society dictates.

Poldark is based on the first two novels in Winston Graham’s sweeping 18th-century saga. The first television adaptation of the series aired on MASTERPIECE in the 1970s, and now a new generation can delight in the exploits of a romantic hero like no other.

******************************** AND THIS OTHER ONE

THE CRIMSON FIELD Episode 1

Follow Kitty, Flora and Rosalie, volunteer nurses who work in a tented field hospital. As they settle into their first day, it soon becomes clear that no training could ever have prepared them for the reality of working near the frontline.
<iframe width="512" height="376" src="http://video.pbs.org/viralplayer/2365506876?chapter=1" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" seamless></iframe>

Both of these were superb entertainment! WOW

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 06:11 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Mon 06/22/15 06:12 AM
smokeybette stated >>>
must be good news,,, an exec. v.p. wouldn't call ya in to tell ya you are not getting a job,,,think positive and exude the same attitude,,,piece of cake, go get em,,,

LPdon stated >>>
It's just weird. I Interviewed initially with a local Manager, the regional manager. Then I was told that they have a job offer for me they are just working out the salary and I will know by last Friday. Well Friday came around and they called and said this guy wants to interview me.

Doesn't make much sense............

Ahhhh, could be that there's another opening either coming up or a shift in personnel where the VP feels you'd be better suited for; with that many interviews you've most likely impressed some one 'UP THE CHAIN' of hierarchy!!!

It's happened to my husband & I before; you just never know --- Positive Thoughts and best of luck! flowerforyou

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 06:04 AM
Pretty much wasted for the rest of this day; doing anything in this heat & humidity {even early 6 ish in the morning] just saps your energy level! Power Nap coming up yawn asleep

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 05:58 AM
While the gender is wrong in my humorous photo {this morning} the intent is clear; it's so humid and steamy outside!!! grumble
I've been getting up and outside to see to my chickens; make sure the fans are clean and running - fresh water - spray their pen down with some cool water - flakes of alfalfa to peck through - fill their feeders - gather their eggs!

The brim of my cotton sun visor was dripping with sweat - my T-Shirt was drenched; but gotta hand it to those nasty arsed mosquito's --- they get up early too!

OMG...I'm soooooo whiney sad

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Mon 06/22/15 05:36 AM

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 07:05 PM
tomato posted >>>
of course they deny it, they probably didnt get paid till afterwards. and if they admittedly said they got paid for it, the donald prolly woulda stiffed em.

Oh, they most likely got paid...but it was probably in 20 of these >>>

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 06:58 PM
rockgnome stated >>>
Those pics, could be from anywhere around here.
I live in that "neck o' the woods".

Everything here is flooded, or in the process of flooding.

Several friends of mine were up here this past weekend; they were trying to find a safe route home from all that horrid rain that has flooded so much of Oklahoma --- she sent me those images on FB!!! UGH it's been quite the year for most of us in central America. Now the mosquito's and to many rodents are looking for higher ground too!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 06:23 PM
kneepuck posted >>>
My closest friend died yesterday of cancer. It was terrible how quickly the disease took him over. At the end, he was a wasted piece of human being who looked like he had been in a death camp. This is a guy I have ridden many miles with on our motorcycles. His last 24 hours all he could do was lie there and shake. A prisoner trapped in his own body. He could not speak. But I know he could hear me, because I played guitar for him for a while. I am a terrible guitar player, as he has told me many times. And I could tell he wanted to tell me again, because his shaking got quite agitated, until I stopped playing. It was our last laugh together, though I was the only one able to laugh.
A short time later, he was gone. Simply left between one breath and the next. His eyes were still open. I had to close them. I am glad his suffering was over. I know he hated to go that way. We both hoped for a quick death at high speed on some twisty road in the mountains, but it was not to be. I will miss him greatly.
He deserved a better end, but I suppose we all must accept what we get in that respect. His memory will live with me as long as I survive.
No, if you are wondering, we aren't gay. We had many things in common, and a wonderful friendship as well as a love of women. I at least can still continue to ride, in pursuit of women usually. Wish me luck.

As a 'HOSPICE' helper; I've gotta tell you...it takes a very SPECIAL HUMAN to do what you did for that best buddy! I've known people that waste way and feel so isolated like they've got a contagious disease because they buddies/friends and even family just avoid spending any time with them! So they suffer a lonely brokenheart while they are dying!!!

You are such a fine example of a true gifted spirit - to do that for him; even sending him off with a LOL moment about something he ridiculed you about --- lifting his spirit and lightening the mood surely helped make his last moments so much richer!

TY for sharing this heart wrenching experience and the very best of luck in your love search! flowers

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 06:09 PM

Scenes from the Hwy 377 bridge south of Tishomingo, Oklahoma. ODOT is reporting US-377/SH-99 closed to through traffic. Turn Around Don't Drown and stay safe out there!
photo's taken 11 hrs ago

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 05:58 PM
AtWaterSign posted >>>
Hi you folks,just want to let you guys know that I finally called my paps,I took you'll advice,and it went perfect,just awesome ,thank you guys so much,and happy father's day to all you fathers as well!!!!drinker

Awwww, TY for the update; I've been wondering if/when that was going to happen and how it went!

WELL DONE, Mr. :heart: drinker flowerforyou

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 05:13 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Sun 06/21/15 05:14 PM
GO IN THERE AND >>>

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 05:07 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Sun 06/21/15 05:08 PM
Did he - Didn't he; well if the ability to speak TRUTH has any weight to what 'ole comb over' states then I'd be weighing on the side of 'HE DID'...those 'THOUSANDS' of screaming fans --- PFFFFFFT

How many employees from 'Trump Tower' were allowed a break to attend '?' and I'd be thinking that 'OLE COMB OVER' made it mandatory - excuses not optional! :wink:

He'd be check'n that attendance list and notating any and all MIA employee; 'YOUR FIRED' would be his staple reply! LMAO

That tune from the 70's echo's in my mind; ~~It's Only Just Begun~~ and the media circus that 'IS' the TRUMP METHOD will be grinding out more fabrication and innuendo...stay tuned! drinker :banana:

Donald Trump's team 'unequivocally' denies paying actors to cheer at his announcement

Hunter Walker Jun. 18, 2015, 5:56 PM

Business Insider attended Trump's announcement on Tuesday and spoke to a handful of supporters who said they were not paid to attend. At the event, Trump boasted that the crowd included "thousands" of people. In our estimate, it was far smaller.

Following the announcement, Trump hit the campaign trail with appearances in early primary states. Lewandowski said these events have attracted very large crowds.

"When Donald Trump goes somewhere, he gets the biggest crowds, he gets the largest ovations," Lewandowski said. "You can't deny that."

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-team-unequivocally-denies-paying-actors-to-cheer-at-his-announcement-2015-6

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 10:37 AM
no1phD posted >>>
Omg.. I'm a dad! we don't do notes..
..lol.... We do..(guilt) really good though...lol.... and besides if I was to do that..... that would give away the illusion... that I don't really pay attention.. to such trivial things.. like my birthday Father's Day... anniversaries..lol

Well, there ya go; try the unexpected - do something uniquely off the charts and scared the hell out of them by 'POSTING A NOTE' laugh

Not easy being 'DAD' with boys in the house; but I'm sure you've done 'NO HARM' :thumbsup: drinker

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Sun 06/21/15 10:06 AM
no1PhD stated >>>
I am thinking... it is fathers day! and I'm still making breakfast.. for myself and everyone else...:cry: .....
. I am thinking it's Father's Day!..
... and I'm not going to get what I really want.. for Father's Day..:wink: ..

.. oh well why should this fathers day be any different than all the rest...
..surprised .... what's that, Thomas..you want your bacon crispy R....ohh..k..sorry..slaphead

WOWSERS...did you leave them a 'NOTE' {filled with suggestions} about WHAT POPS WANTS TO DO FOR FATHER'S DAY think

Young men are single brained cell operators; and if you don't show them - don't teach them to think beyond their 'GUT' and primary 'how is this going to impact me/my life' then how on earth are they ever going to learn???

Come on 'DAD'...make up a list and provide each of them a chore - a request...written according to their appropriate age and allow them to do the TASK. slaphead flowerforyou