Community > Posts By > 2OLD2MESSAROUND

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 07:22 AM

RegularFeller stated >>>
I DON'T want to read the rest of the thread or the links!

She said she was black to get a job in a "black" organization. It worked. My question is why all the buzz about her being a liar and none about her having to lie in order to land the position with the organization?

Those clamoring for acceptance and promotion to leadership roles without consideration for their race are now demonizing a woman for concealing her race to gain a leadership role in their organization?

Ridiculous.

Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination.

Looks to me like some of her best friends are bigots!

MsHarmony posted >>>

its not about discrimination, its about deception

there was nothing she did that she couldnt have done admitting her race, NAACP doesnt hire based upon race, it was in fact founded by people of multiple races,,,

2 true that; and yet the masses that don't know - won't look at the foundation/reason for the NAACP {hence why I posted their MISSION statement and employee info - earlier}...the NAACP was formed by a multi - culture group of humans!

This woman is obviously a 'COMPULSIVE LIAR' and that's the crux of her problem! IMHO

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 07:06 AM
I go outside early to beat the heat & humidity and now my head is all stuffed up with 'POLLEN'...OMG, the mold spores are just humongous out there! UGH sick

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 06:59 AM

Foggy, grass is so soggy...got out real early to do my chicken chores; this humidity + heat is kick'n my butt!
Gotta mow again today before the next round of rain blows in!
Have a great day everyone! :heart: waving

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:54 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 05:56 AM
ORGANIZED- defiantly or my short term memory would leave me unable to make it through a day!

I make a shopping list as I run out of items - it's on my refrigerator

I have things stored in plastic tubs with a inventory list taped to the outside of them

I have a tool draw right beside the back door - use one and it goes right back. My inside tools are color coded with a pink dot/tape/marking --- they are never to be used outside!

Going on a trip - make a 'to pack list' and keep it where I can check it off - keep one in my vehicle so I remember what goes with me!

Cooking for my family - party: MENU on the refrigerator - check things off as they are prepared and mark them another way as I bring them out for serving!

I'll preface this with --- my garage/work shop has become a hoarders nightmare! 2nd year that my kitchen cabinets/counter top/wood flooring/3 rooms of carpet are out there in my way! shocked

Mother's illness and the subsequent death brought all that to a halt --- it's driving me beyond CRAZY! frustrated

And all this became a habit; my dearly departed hubby was 'AN*L' about planning/organizing - "Mr. Efficiency Expert" slaphead but I learned. :tongue:

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:40 AM
WOW...I'd totally forgotten until you asked {that long ago}:wink:

Mine was 'DOT' as in 'Polka-Dot'; I loved polka dots and made blouses/dresses/clam diggers/my 2 pc swim suit --- POLKA-DOT material was my passion!

BTW...Cool Topic - TY :banana: drinker

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 08:18 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Tue 06/16/15 08:20 PM
regularfeller posted >>>
:banana:

I look just like John Travola!

Only not quite so tall, or handsome...or slender...

Reading the conversation between you two {SuzQ & Regular}...just cracks me up!

Just watch where he's putting those 'MAN HANDS'...SuzQ! LOL

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 08:07 PM
Hmmmm, wonder who they'll be able to 'MARKET' that type of show too?

Well, I wish her well and pray for that young son and her 'ADOPTED' one as well. SMH

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 07:45 PM
SitkaRains posted >>>
Just tried to message you.. but your filters are in place I can so please message me.. about Fairfax...

I sent you a 'Friends' request; just found that option --- had no idea how or where that was! Lordy!!!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 07:30 PM

In a separate incident involving the same 16-year-old student, Dufresne and another Destrehan High School teacher, Rachel Respess, are accused of having a sexual relationship with the victim at Respass�� Jefferson Parish apartment.
Both are charged with carnal knowledge of a juvenile and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile in Kenner, Louisiana.

OMG---2 women teachers --- SWEET JESUS; now I'm thinking that 'SALT PETER' needs to be placed in the water fountain/slipped into the coffee pot --- something! explode

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 07:23 PM
2old2 stated >>>
I've been looking at maps because a good buddy is working up at Denali National Park and has a 'wee cabin' - very secluded and rural set back in the wooded area.

SitkaRains posted >>>
Well that is way way north, they should be fine...unless a burn starts up there, then all bets are off.

This one has been traveling south...

Noooo, her 'wee little cabin' in the woods is outside of the city limits of Fairfax, AK --- her nearest neighbor is like 25 miles away! Do you know if that region is still SAFE???
She's been on FB asking for help - trying to contact her nearest neighbor but they aren't answering their land line!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 07:13 PM
2old2 stated >>>
From women teachers to this incident...has this always been an issue among those young male students but they kept quiet or is this just something gone array since about 15 yrs back?

RebelArcher posted >>>
Im on a local forum and there is hardly a month that goes by w/o one of these types of articles posted.....and its mainly just my state stuff. 90% of the time its a female teacher also. Maybe it happened in my high school days also....I do remember a rumor in my high school about a student and the choir teacher.
Maybe its exposed more now because of the availability of computers, smart phones, social media, etc......Idk, but it sure SEEMS more prevalent.

I remember a young handsome music intern my Jr. year; he really WOWED my peer group and he fell in love with a Sr. {her sister was my BFF}...they started dating that spring prior to her graduation and it was all kept very 'HUSH-HUSH'. He could have been discharged - lost his teaching credentials - not been allowed to get his final degree in Master Music...{circa 1971}
They're still married and happily-ever after...but it was precarious for both of them!

But these 'COUGARS' are 20+ years older then those barely teenage boys...UGH sick

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 07:01 PM
My sarcastic side is always impatient to reply:
'well if we women ruled the world - there'd be NO GOING TO WAR unless we had to funds/means to care for our military upon arrival home'...

But on the serious side --- we've done so much irreparable harm to our service men & women and not funding the VA so they would be READY for those returning thousands & thousands of wounded and walking mentally impaired --- ASININE and inexcusable IMHO rant

Just imagine what could have been done with all of this >>>

Military Spending Waste: Up To $60 Billion In Iraq, Afghanistan War Funds Lost To Poor Planning, Oversight, Fraud

Overall, the $360 million represents a fraction of the $31 billion in active U.S. contracts that the task force reviewed. But insurgents rely on crude weaponry and require little money to operate. And the illicit gains buttress what the International Crisis Group, a Brussels-based think tank, referred to in a June report as a "nexus between criminal enterprises, insurgent networks and corrupt political elites" in Afghanistan.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/30/military-spending-waste_n_942723.html

WOULD'VE - SHOULD'VE - COULD'VE brokenheart explode

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 06:39 PM

2old2 posted
From my original post >>>
Saying prayers & special thoughts for all who are battling this horrid event!
2nd warmest - dry year on record = Anchorage Alaska

My high school buddy sent me photo's of them trucking snow in for the Iditarod dog sled race {2nd year that they had to do that as well}...she's been in Anchorage since 1973 - works in the Hwy Patrol.

SitkaRains stated >>>
I meant that in general terms.

OOOOH - No harm/No Foul; but my concern about you and your location was why I started this thread/topic; I was worried about you and your area! :cry: flowerforyou

I've been looking at maps because a good buddy is working up at Denali National Park and has a 'wee cabin' - very secluded and rural set back in the wooded area.

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 06:32 PM
From 9 counts of rape; where she had originally pled 'NOT GUILTY' to this plea agreement...slaphead
WTH is going on within those 'Lesser Thinking Women's MINDS' noway

From women teachers to this incident...has this always been an issue among those young male students but they kept quiet or is this just something gone array since about 15 yrs back?

Just can't fathom WTF these woman are thinking...WHY - WHY - WHY!

Molly Shattuck, Ex-Ravens Cheerleader, Pleads Guilty to Rape Charge
By Matt Fitzgerald-Featured Columnist Jun 16, 2015

Former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader Molly Shattuck pleaded guilty to one count of fourth-degree rape Tuesday, reaching a plea agreement with prosecutors.

The plea mandates that Shattuck undergo sexual disorder counseling and register as a sex offender. She cannot have contact with minors other than her children without supervision, and Shattuck is prohibited from contacting her victim.

The Baltimore Sun's Ian Duncan and Kevin Rector reported the news in Georgetown, Delaware, which came from a hearing in the state's superior court.

Prosecutors allege Shattuck had a relationship with a 15-year-old who was a classmate of her son's at the McDonogh School. The relationship allegedly began in May 2014 when Shattuck reached out to the teenager through Instagram.

Shattuck, 48, faces up to 15 years in prison. Her sentencing is slated for the middle of August.

In addition to her initial indictment of nine counts last November, Shattuck faced arraignment that same month in Sussex County court, where she pleaded not guilty and insisted she was innocent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2498123-molly-shattuck-ex-ravens-cheerleader-pleads-guilty-to-rape-charge
From this photo >>>

To her mug shot >>>

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 06:16 PM
From my original post >>>
Saying prayers & special thoughts for all who are battling this horrid event!
2nd warmest - dry year on record = Anchorage Alaska

My high school buddy sent me photo's of them trucking snow in for the Iditarod dog sled race {2nd year that they had to do that as well}...she's been in Anchorage since 1973 - works in the Hwy Patrol.

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 06:04 PM

Find a topic that you enjoy or start a new one of your own; lots of humans around here that are far from 100% perfect and able to run marathons!

Speaking for myself - I creak - groan - and have been known to 'MOAN' when I have to get up and move! :wink:

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 05:50 PM
The problem is bad and getting worse
Bart Billings, a former military psychologist who hosts an annual conference on combat stress, said the problem is real and it's growing.

"We have never medicated our troops to the extent we are doing now.... And I don't believe the current increase in suicides and homicides in the military is a coincidence," he told the paper.

Indeed, the Army suicide rate fell for the first time in four years in 2011, the result of aggressive service-wide efforts to identify those having problems early-on.

But the rate is still high. It's about 24 per 100,000 last year, which is higher than a similar demographic among civilians, about 19 per 100,000. Among veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, that rate is even higher - about 38 per 100,000.

Other problems are increasing too. "Sexual assault and domestic violence have increased. The percentage of soldiers committing sex crimes has increased 32 percent since 2006," USA Today reported. "The number of domestic abusers in the Army grew by almost 50 percent from 4,827 in 2008 to 7,228 last year. During that same, the number of child-abuse offenders is up 62 percent from 3,172 to 5,149."

Too many meds, too little control
Clearly, the up-tempo has had a negative effect on our fighting force. But making excuses or explaining away the phenomenon is denial, and it's not going to help the Pentagon and Congress solve the problem.

"It's not that we're using them more frequently or any differently," said Col. Carol Labadie, the pharmacy consultant for the Army surgeon general. "As with any medication, you have to look at weighing the risk versus the benefits of somebody going on a medication."

Experts say the problem isn't necessarily in the numbers. It's that you can't regulate the use of such medications in the military as easily as you can in the civilian world.

Follow-up appointments, for example, are few and far between - especially on the battlefield. And soldiers are often sent out into combat zones with six months' worth of medications, enough to trade with their buddies or grab a fistful of pills at the end of a particularly stressful day or mission. Soldiers who have been wounded can easily become addicted to painkillers they are given.

"The big difference is these are people who have access to loaded weapons, or have responsibility for protecting other individuals who are in harm's way," Grace Jackson, a former Navy staff psychiatrist who resigned her commission in 2002 in part out of concern that military shrinks were handing out too many medications, told the Times.

The problem has begun to show up in court, where, increasingly, lawyers for military members on meds have begun to argue - successfully - that the psychotropic drug made them do it.

James Culp, a former Army paratrooper who has since become a high-profile military defense lawyer, says he's recently defended an Army private accused of murder. His defense? The soldier's mental condition was exacerbated by the Zoloft he was prescribed.

"What do you do when 30-80 percent of the people that you have in the military have gone on three or more deployments, and they are mentally worn out? What do you do when they can't sleep? You make a calculated risk in prescribing these medications," Culp told the paper.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036001_soldiers_psychiatric_drugs_veterans.html#ixzz3dH9yS2H8

You might recall a number of heinous crimes committed on our military bases by a veteran; within months of their return from active duty!

Those humans are coming home 'drugged up' or suffering from severe withdrawal from physic drugs that our military geniuses did to them; families suffer - children - wives - the soldier and where's the VA?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 05:32 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Tue 06/16/15 05:37 PM
Female Veteran Suicide Rates 'Staggering'��
June 10, 2015 by Benjamin Krause ��

'��Though suicide has become a major issue for the military over the last decade, most research by the Pentagon and the Veterans Affairs Department has focused on men, who account for more than 90% of the nation'��s 22 million former troops. Little has been known about female veteran suicide.

The rates are highest among young veterans, the VA found in new research compiling 11 years of data. For women ages 18 to 29, veterans kill themselves at nearly 12 times the rate of nonveterans.

In every other age group, including women who served as far back as the 1950s, the veteran rates are between four and eight times higher, indicating that the causes extend far beyond the psychological effects of the recent wars.

The data include all 173,969 adult suicides -�� men and women, veterans and nonveterans -�� in 23 states between 2000 and 2010.

It is not clear what is driving the rates. VA researchers and experts who reviewed the data for The Times said there were myriad possibilities, including whether the military had disproportionately drawn women at higher suicide risk and whether sexual assault and other traumatic experiences while serving played a role.

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/06/10/female-veteran-suicide-rates-staggering/

Detailed study confirms high suicide rate among recent veterans
Posted by GPD on January 16, 2015

**see link for this entire article>>>

The new analysis, which will be published in the February issue of the Annals of Epidemiology, included all 1,282,074 veterans who served in active-duty units between 2001 and 2007 and left the military during that period.

The analysis matched military records with the National Death Index, which collects data on every U.S. death. It tracked the veterans after service until the end of the 2009, finding a total of 1,868 suicides.

That equates to an annual suicide rate of 29.5 per 100,000 veterans, or roughly 50% higher than the rate among other civilians with similar demographic characteristics.

The issue of veteran suicide has become a political cause for activists and legislators. One statistic has become a rallying cry: 22 veterans take their own lives each day.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/01/16/detailed-study-confirms-high-suicide-rate-among-recent-veterans/

It's appalling and as I've argued on another political community forum; grumble
I think that allowing our military Guru's to dispense 'PROZAC PATCHES' to our active duty military humans was such a really-truly bad idea!!!

Those physic drugs clearing have 2-3 pages of 'WARNINGS' about suicide/mental anguish/mood swings/long range & short term depression etc., etc., etc., and they were putting them out there to any and all of our active duty service people and pulling that patch once they were 'HOME BOUND' for discharge of NON-Active Duty!

The worst 'WARNING/ALERT' clearly states; Do Not Stop Taking This Medication 'COLD TURKEY'...it must be monitored and reduced SLOWLY!

And it wasn't administered that way~~~
And the thought behind dispensing those 'PROZAC PATCHES'; was because of the deep-deep depression that those active duty military were suffering and extremely bad for the 2nd - 3rd tour of duty military! rant frustrated

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 05:08 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Tue 06/16/15 05:09 PM
tomato posted >>>
Stand with Rand 2016!

screw trump, screw bush, screw clinton.

I'm just amazed by the total number of humans that are thinking that they'll have a 'Snow Ball' chance of getting the nomination; don't forget about those other parties
Go take a look at all those 'WANNA BE's' >>>

Third-Party.gif Third Party Presidential Candidates

Female-Candidates.gif Female Presidential Candidates

Republican.gif Republican Presidential Candidates

Democratic.gif Democratic Presidential Candidates

Libertarian.gif Libertarian Presidential Candidates

Independent.gif Independent Presidential Candidates

Green-Party.gif Green Party Presidential Candidates

Constitution-Party.gif Constitution Party Presidential Candidates

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Tue 06/16/15 04:50 PM
RebelArcher stated >>>
She's a frickin whackjob.....

But is that a 'CRIME'?

Seriously, she may well be a compulsive liar; I've known 2 in my 60 yrs and one perpetrated a lie so heinously that some man she was sneaking out to see ended up serving time for 'DATE RAPE'- ruined his life, destroyed his marriage - ruined her marriage and she's still a compulsive liar and it just keeps going!

The 2nd young lady {that's what I call her but she's NO LADY}...couldn't tell you what the weather is outside without concocting some wild-arsed byline that people just stand there and stare at her as if she's grown another head!

Both of those examples caused serious harm and mental anguish to the people that they accuse of heinous things that eventually involve the law and legal action ---

What has Racheal done to anyone except herself that has warranted such vile attacks from some many on our social media?
She obviously needs help...but did that impact her daily job as the local head of the NAACP? She was employed for over a year?

I just don't get it - color me flummoxed about the angst being thrown at her! frown

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next