Community > Posts By > 2OLD2MESSAROUND

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 06:18 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 06:19 PM
ZZZippy stated >>>
Tomorrow is the last treatment.. I will be going home to stay... I'm praying everything is going to be better...

God bless you all

Sending you off with positive prayers and happy thoughts for your >>>

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:54 PM

Snakes also known as Garter Snakes (Thamnophissirtalis) can be dangerous Yes, grass snakes, not rattlesnakes. Here's why.

A couple in Sweetwater, Texas, had a lot of potted plants. During a recent cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them indoors to protect them from a possible freeze.

It turned out that a little green garden grass snake was hidden in one of the plants. When it had warmed up, it slithered out and the wife saw it go under the sofa.

She let out a very loud scream.

The husband (who was taking a shower) ran out into the living room naked to see what the problem was. She told him there was a snake under the sofa.

He got down on the floor on his hands and knees to look for it. About that time the family dog came and cold-nosed him on the behind. He thought the snake had bitten him, so he screamed and fell over on the floor.

His wife thought he had had a heart attack, so she covered him up, told him to lie still and called an ambulance.

The attendants rushed in, would not listen to his protests, loaded him on the stretcher, and started carrying him out.

About that time, the snake came out from under the sofa and the Emergency Medical Technician saw it and dropped his end of the stretcher. That's when the man broke his leg and why he is still in the hospital.

The wife still had the problem of the snake in the house, so she called on a neighbor who volunteered to capture the snake. He armed himself with a rolled-up newspaper and began poking under the couch.. Soon he decided it was gone and told the woman, who sat down on the sofa in relief.

But while relaxing, her hand dangled in between the cushions, where she felt the snake wriggling around. She screamed and fainted, the snake rushed back under the sofa.

The neighbor man, seeing her lying there passed out, tried to use CPR to revive her.

The neighbor's wife, who had just returned from shopping at the grocery store, saw her husband's mouth on the woman's mouth and slammed her husband in the back of the head with a bag of canned goods, knocking him out and cutting his scalp to a point where it needed stitches.

The noise woke the woman from her dead faint and she saw her neighbor lying on the floor with his wife bending over him, so she assumed that the snake had bitten him. She went to the kitchen and got a small bottle of whiskey, and began pouring it down the man's throat.

By now, the police had arrived.
Breathe here...

They saw the unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight had occurred. They were about to arrest them all, when the women tried to explain how it all happened over a little garden snake!

The police called an ambulance, which took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife.

Now, the little snake again crawled out from under the sofa and one of the policemen drew his gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table. The table fell over, the lamp on it shattered and, as the bulb broke, it started a fire in the drapes.

The other policeman tried to beat out the flames, and fell through the window into the yard on top of the family dog who, startled, jumped out and raced into the street, where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed into the parked police car.

Meanwhile, neighbors saw the burning drapes and called in the fire department. The firemen had started raising the fire ladder when they were halfway down the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead wires, put out the power, and disconnected the telephones in a ten-square city block area (but they did get the house fire out).

Time passed! Both men were discharged from the hospital, the house was repaired, the dog came home, the police acquired a new car and all was right with their world.

A while later they were watching TV and the weatherman announced a cold snap for that night. The wife asked her husband if he thought they should bring in their plants for the night.

And that's when he shot her.

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:11 PM
IgorFrandensteen stated >>>
One small thing I'd commend to everyone...

Stop allowing your favorite rich pundits and politicians, to get away with chanting "Thank you for your Service to Our Country," and demand that they back that BS up with funding to ACTUALLY thank them for their service.

Both major parties have been playing games with the budget, and short changing the people they praise, in order to fund their own pet projects, or to play political tricks to fool everyone in to voting for them again.

That's like taking on a 'GOLIATH' if we actually knew a 'DAVID' defeated him!!!

Undoing the biggest monolith on our Federal Annual Budget is the DOD; they've never had an audit - they lost billions during the Iraq & Afghanistan aggressive actions - they have the biggest private sector lobbyist and power behind those warm bodies too - and a congressman/senator from several states hooked into making sure that the DOD is 'PRIMARY' sand packer for our tax dollars! rant

And for waste and over paying contractors---they have no equal; how would you suggest taking the DOD down and getting that revamped to where it makes financial sense? noway

I'm all ears? frustrated

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 03:08 PM
Tmommy posted >>>
Sister in law is an itenery maker one year my beloved father in law bought all his kids/grandkids tickets to Disney and this woman had it mapped out and scheduled right down to where we would all be eating lunch,the order of the rides we would take kids on and when the potty breaks would be!
When we got in park I took one look at my husband of 20years...
he read my mind and as soon as everyone else went to take their kids to first scheduled potty break we made a break for it ditched the family and had a great time going whichever direction we wanted happy

OMG - how FUNNY; she should've been employed by a 'TOUR GROUP' laugh Did you get into TROUBLE?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 03:05 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if there is a difference between 'chain/franchise' and privately owned?

Because now I'm not sure that this local one we've used in the past is part of the huge 'CHAIN/FRANCHISE'!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 02:54 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 02:57 PM
What I heard on NPR and pulled from SassyEuro's link >>>

In his speech, which received wide media coverage both in the U.S. and abroad, Trump promised that if he is elected president he will build a wall along the southern border and that Mexico would pay for it. '�I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'�ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will have Mexico pay for that wall, mark my words,'� Trump said.

Trump also accused Mexico of sending 'not the right people'� to the U.S. '�[Mexico] are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and their rapists,'� he said.

'The US has become a dumping ground for everyone else's problems,' Trump added

Price tag for 700 miles of border fencing: high and hard to pin down
Friday Jun 21, 2013 9:20 AM
A plan for 700 more miles of fencing along the southwest U.S. border — part of a immigration-bill deal forged in the Senate this week — would come with a mammoth and unpredictable price tag, judging by past efforts.

The original legislation crafted by the bipartisan Gang of Eight set aside $1.5 billion for fencing — and that was before a deal was struck with Republican senators to add more to the massive border security and fencing proposal. So how much would a new bigger border fence cost?

Customs and Border Protection spent $2.4 billion between 2006 and 2009 to complete 670 miles of border fence, and the vast majority of that was single-layer — one line of fencing designed to keep either pedestrians or vehicles from crossing into the United States, according to a Government Accountability Office report.

The new plan calls for a double-layer fence — two parallel barriers on either side of a corridor manned by Border Patrol — that would require more land acquisition, more supplies and more labor to build.

There is no firm cost for the fence outlined in the "border surge" agreement announced Thursday, and the price of previous fence construction has varied wildly.

A 2009 analysis by the GAO found that the cost of pedestrian fencing ranged between $400,000 and $15 million per mile with an average of $3.9 million a mile. The price of less expensive vehicle fencing ran anywhere from $200,000 to $1.8 million a mile, for an average of $1 million a mile.

That same year, Customs and Border Protection set aside $58 million to build a 3.5 mile stretch of fence along "difficult terrain" in San Diego,
according to the GAO, an investigative arm of Congress.

"The per mile costs to build the fencing varied considerably because of the type of fencing, topography, materials used, land acquisition costs, and labor costs, among other things," the office's report said.

For the entire article >>> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/21/19062298-price-tag-for-700-miles-of-border-fencing-high-and-hard-to-pin-down?lite

What I find just so mind-numbing painful...is his pompous arsed attitude and yet he obviously hasn't spent any actual time on any of his mammoth job sites while his 'GANGS OF MEXICAN LABORERS' are working! Who does he think is building all his monoliths in his 'SUPREME NAME'think

Like the country of 'MEXICO' is going to 'HEED TO HIS EVERY MENTAL DRIBBLE' ---

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 01:43 PM
Dodo_David stated >>>
Some parties like to make the false claim that others are bigots when there is no bigotry because those parties don't agree with the politics of the people being wrongfully accused of bigotry.

TY...but weren't you the one that put this out here slaphead >>>

Welcome to the thread; and while so many of you 'OLE' MEMBERS' might get tired of the repetitive topic of conversations around here --- this is how we converse and get acquainted --- it's an exchange of ideas and POV that we won't/don't know until we discuss the issue! flowerforyou

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 01:11 PM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 01:12 PM

regular feller stated stated >>>
I stated several times that the NAACP has transformed in the years that have passed since its inception.

2old2 posted >>>
Ok - Ok...repeating something that a few of us just aren't getting {can't connect your dots unless you give a point/fact/link} EXPLAIN yourself, PLEEEEASE?

You just keep stating the same thing; and the redundancy has now been established...why do you claim/feel/state that the NAACP has "TRANSFORMED"...I'm not seeing it - hearing it - reading it?

The local chapter in Johnson County - our largest chapter in the state of KS is headed by a college buddy of mine - he's bi-racial; has an Korean Administrative Asst. and many white folks working in his office {yes, WHITE is a color too}...fill in the blanks for me if you could.

regularfeller stated >>>
You get it.

If the organization is color blind - what does her race matter? Why is this news? Why would she have to resign to spare the organization further embarrassment or media frenzy detracting from their mission which is...

Tell me, since your old college buddy is the KS head, what issues are they currently working on and how do the proposed resolutions to these issues impact each race individually?

Answer that. Fill in the blanks for all of us that aren't "in the know".

"You get it." Get what exactly...you've done nothing/said nothing to refute --- that stutter post ^^^ was amusing but didn't move the discussion forward AT ALL! laugh

What PROOF do you have to offer up for your thought process; or are you just pulling 'STUFF' out of your ---'HAT' :wink:

And oops my college buddy isn't the "KS HEAD" of the NAACP; what I typed was - "he's the head of the largest county NAACP in KS!"

Smoke & Mirrors when you can't/haven't answered my question; noway changing the subject matter when you can't answer my question {redundantly posted now} just means you are unable to EXPLAIN your reasoning's! No Problem --- your just flying off of emotion and have no substance for that --- Yes, "I GET IT!" drinker
You're unable to explain and that's all you have *BINGO* flowerforyou Thanks for playing - it's been amusing.

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 12:35 PM
regularfeller asked >>>
just curious...are some of your friends white? and do you think white people are bigoted?

MsHarmony replied >>>
I have multicultural associates, my 'friends' are family, who are multiculturacial and multi racial as well

I believe people of every race can be bigots, and that every race of people has some bigots in it

regularfeller posted >>>
so, yes, some of your best friends are white and they are bigots.

thank you.

MsHarmoney posted >>>
lol,, nah, I dont have 'best friends' who are white,, but I have family who is white and some have bigoted opinions, and I feel the same way about them when they use the 'some of my best friends,,,," line,,,

TOUCH�...
I recall precisely when this 'some of my best friends' narrative became a constant topic around many of my social group conversations {circa 1970}

At least it was getting the conversation 'OUT THERE' and my generation was stating our opinion's about: race/gay/lesbian/draft dodgers/equality and OMG - Edith stop being such a DOOR MAT!

But then the grouping's changed ever so drastically with the onset of the 'AIDS' scare and that changed things up really rapidly!
Where a gay friend wouldn't be invited to a social gathering but would be mentioned as a 'oh, I knew he wouldn't feel comfortable at this party so I just didn't invite him --- but I've got nothing but LOVE FOR MY GAY FRIEND!'
Like it was a trinket on her charm bracelet - a quota to have one {gay friend but not to be seen with them} in a public setting or a private party.

Reading your thread has enlightened me a great deal - TY and my appreciation for you is on much firmer ground now!
"our worlds that we live in aren't so different" LOL :wink:

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 12:01 PM
regularfeller stated >>>
I stated several times that the NAACP has transformed in the years that have passed since its inception.

Ok - Ok...repeating something that a few of us just aren't getting {can't connect your dots unless you give a point/fact/link} EXPLAIN yourself, PLEEEEASE?

You just keep stating the same thing; and the redundancy has now been established...why do you claim/feel/state that the NAACP has "TRANSFORMED"...I'm not seeing it - hearing it - reading it?

The local chapter in Johnson County - our largest chapter in the state of KS is headed by a college buddy of mine - he's bi-racial; has an Korean Administrative Asst. and many white folks working in his office {yes, WHITE is a color too}...fill in the blanks for me if you could.

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 11:53 AM
TxsGal stated >>>
Hummm the Best Western this says 40% off not true more like 10% off just checked yesterday on a room and it was 10% off not 40%...

I've booked the rooms for my son and his family; and I've getting the discount rate...but I go in person and have always done it that way - never over the phone!

Hmmmm, wonder what's up with that location you tried?

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 11:36 AM

ZZZippy stated >>>
Wow I hope they get control soon... The king fire last year in California started 150 yards from my house and was named after my road of king of the mountain rd ..
it burned for over 3 weeks out of control and went 97.000 aches
Oh and I'm the king as I have lived up there for the longest 29 years

AlleOops posted >>>
Wow, too close. How do most of the fires start? Lightning?

ridewytepony replied >>>
Yes,in BC its over 50%.
Lightning has been known to travel 15km (9 miles) from the storm cell,so quite often it makes contact with dry ground.
We use a Lightning detector system here
that covers/detects 90% at this time.Its Real time and the coordinates are sent to the Forest Service almost instantly.

California mostly careless camp fires and a huge increase in ARSON; even a couple of volunteer fire fighters were finally caught doing ARSON FIRES!

But yes, up in the wilderness of our forest area's it's often lightening striking trees - power travels down the length of those tall giants and blows them up - causes internal fires that will smolder for days - and then all the dry underbrush fuels that fire and the strong winds propels it along!

Most of our schools are using those 'Lightening Meters' while there are outside events: soccer clubs/football/track & field events and thorough bred race tracks and dog tracks have them!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 10:44 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 11:43 AM
regularfeller posted >>>
Y'all are confusing the birth of an organization with the "grown up" it has become. Just as the sweetest babe may mature into a cannibalistic serial killer, organizations transform over time. Even the boy scouts transitioned from a paramilitary organizations to a mere day care like social gathering.

But y'all know all this. Your failure to recognize it as such is intentional. A ploy. And it is comical.

Besides, I think I can see Reb's point. If she could identify as male with all of your blessings and defense of her choice, why can't she identify as a race other than that to which she was born with the same acceptance? Eminem did it and nobody cared. Where is your consistency?

Transgender, Transracial, Transspecies, Transformers - EQUALITY FOR ALL!

Oh...No You Didn't; did you bother to look it up prior to just laying it out there? There were only 2 black adults in the founding group; Ida Wells and WEB DuBois! Hmmmmm...:wink:

W. E. B. Du Bois quotations
"Most men today cannot conceive of a freedom that does not involve somebody's slavery."

Abbreviation NAACP
Formation February 12, 1909
Purpose
"To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons
and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination."

Headquarters Baltimore, Maryland
Membership 300,000
Chairwoman Roslyn Brock
President/CEO Cornell William Brooks
Budget $27,624,433
Website naacp.org

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 10:24 AM

Our Foreign Policy will be the laughing stock of many - many nations; I can well envision Putin rubbing his hands in glee

Sojourning_Soul stated >>>
Our foreign policy can't be any more of a laughing stock under "The Donald" than it is under our current clown in the WH......

At least The Donald might pretend to have one even if it was a bad one, and he might even consult with our generals and ambassadors unlike our current idiot king who ignores any advice they offer in his arrogance

But Trump will NEVER even be a contender! It's just more camera time and an ego boost for Trump to even play in the game

Psst - least you forget!
Obama can't run again - isn't running - and comparative to the previous POTUS - GWB's grade for terms in office was horrible grumble
But continue to derail topics with just redundant BS is...well telling! :wink: and yawn

But at least we can 'AGREE' on ole' comb over and his likelihood that he's just a 'PLAYER' and not a true contender in the 2016 presidential election!

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 10:07 AM
regularfeller posted >>>
:smile: I dwell in a world of well organized chaos. I do things by whim and dislike unnecessary planning.

A "plan" to me is - let's go to the mountains for a week.

"Unnecessary planning" is devising an itinerary for the trip.

I prefer to leave what happens between departure and arrival up to fancy.

GOOD GOLLY - that brought back a strong memory!
While we rarely ever butted heads {my dear hubby & I}...his 'AN*L RETENTIVE' method of taking vacations was exactly that way!

Driving from point (A) to (B) within a 45 minute early arrival time - regardless of what amazing things we were passing - the gorgeous scenery we were blowing by - the need to get out of that vehicle and just do something besides 'peddle to the metal' and DRIVE LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL to the next destination!!!

I loved getting in the vehicle but let's meander around some back roads - stop and see some unique local things; junk shops/antique places/thrift stores...etc., etc., but anything to get off those INTERSTATES and drive like we're on the German Auto-bon grumble

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 09:53 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 09:54 AM

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 09:39 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 09:47 AM
Donald Trump is finally taking the plunge.

Hopefully right off the top of his own named 'TRUMP TOWERS'~~~
OMG - what a bloviated blow hard with zero creditability!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 of the Sleaziest Things Donald Trump Has Said
By Rolling Stone June 16, 2015

**********see link for the entire article;

From denying global warming to discussing his relationship with "the blacks," Trump has said many shocking things over the years
Like it or not, we can't ignore Donald Trump the presidential candidate. So here's a look back at some of his most telling views to give us a taste of what we're in for.

1. He's an Obama birther.

We have Trump largely to thank for President Obama's birth certificate being such a major theme during the 2012 election cycle. Trump launched a multi-week "investigation" into the matter, concluding that he still had "real doubts" about Obama's place of birth, thus riling up the far-right wing of the Republican party.

To be fair, Trump's birtherism isn't entirely partisan: He also questions whether Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada to an American mother, should be allowed to run for president.

2. He thinks global warming is a sham because ice exists.

"This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING ******** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps, and our GW scientists are stuck in ice," Trump tweeted early last year, referencing a crew of researchers whose ship had recently been trapped in Antarctic ice.

In a similar vein, he seems to have a weird beef with windmills, calling them "disgusting" and "horrible" in 2012.

3. He's team Jenny McCarthy when it comes to vaccines and autism.

Credit where it's due: Trump does say he's "a total believer" in children getting vaccines, on a modified schedule. However, he also says "massive inoculations" have driven the nation's autism rate to "a level that it's never been."

4. "I have a great relationship with the blacks."

That is a real thing Donald Trump once said.

5. About that relationship with black people

In a 1991 book, one of Trump's former colleagues recalled him saying, "Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day." (Trump called the things written about him in the book "probably true.")

6. He's sexist as hell.

When he's not making high-dollar business deals or launching quixotic bids for the presidency, Trump spends time evaluating contestants for the Miss USA pageant, which he owns. In her 2009 book, former contestant Carrie Prejean wrote of the "humiliating" exercise of being trotted out in front of Trump so he could weed out the women he found insufficiently attractive. "Some of the girls were sobbing backstage after [Trump] left," she wrote. "t was as though we had been stripped bare."

And that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Trump's sexist practices and comments. This is the man who, in 2000, reportedly said, "I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful."

7. He fancies himself a savior of the poor.

Trump said recently that "the people that like me best are poor people and middle-income people. . . The rich people don'��t like me."

"I would save the middle class," he said. "I know what to do. Our jobs are all being taken out of our country."

8. He once compared gay people to golf clubs.

Speaking about same-sex marriage in 2011, Trump told The New York Times, "It's like in golf. . . A lot of people -�� I don'��t want this to sound trivial -�� but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive."

"It's weird," he went on. "You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And I hate it. I am a traditionalist."

But don't worry! He has "many fabulous friends who happen to be gay," he says.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/8-of-the-sleaziest-things-donald-trump-has-said-20150616#ixzz3dL0SMekG

And that wipes out the women voters - the black votes - the gay vote - the Jewish vote - impoverished voters and mothers that have children with Autism; he's a loud mouth with zero mental filters!

One thing about this 'BUFFOON' and his mantra ~~~ he's going to be the distraction that will allow all the other 'WANNA-BE's' to focus on his persona like 'shark to chum' and save the TEAM DEMS vs TEAM GOP the thrashing that they'd be doing to each other!

Our Foreign Policy will be the laughing stock of many - many nations; I can well envision Putin rubbing his hands in glee grumble

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 08:45 AM
Edited by 2OLD2MESSAROUND on Wed 06/17/15 09:15 AM

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 08:33 AM
NTS - try controlling this 'URGE'...

2OLD2MESSAROUND's photo
Wed 06/17/15 07:44 AM
Friendly_Woman stated >>>
I cringed as soon as I seen the word 'Prozac'. I had a negative experience while taking it. It can only do so much. Each individual should be carefully assessed, before a decision is made about whether to put them on an antidepressant. Prozac probably isn't the best option, to be honest. Especially since suicidal thoughts can be one of the side effects. It's double the suicide risk that they were, before they were put on Prozac/Fluoxetine/Olanzepine. Maybe the strict lifestyle of being in the military, adds to their problems. After all, the stricter the living situation, the less free time for friends, family, other relationships. I can only imagine how tough it must be, both physically and mentally.

Sad but too true! Did that matter greatly to the huge-military-war- machine-think-tank; not in the least...there were a couple of Physicians that quit their jobs with the DOD because of this way of treating our service humans like 'AUTO-BOTS' and drugging them up to keep them 'In-Line' and 'At Their Posts/Positions'!

The entire mindset of sending those National Guard Units back for more tours of duty was asinine and just totally corrupt mad
But once the 'Warm Body' was trained for that skill-set why the hell not just keep sending them back for more...collateral damage and expendable bodies---that's how the DOD treated our service humans! rant