Community > Posts By > Monier

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:25 PM
and maybe a lil Seek and Destroy

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:23 PM

What are you doing to prepare for possible major events as speculated by multiple documented ancient prophecies?

Popcorn, lots of beer and ready to have Metallica's Ride the Lightning and Kill em all blaring the whole time.

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:20 PM
looks great to me

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:16 PM

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:15 PM

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:14 PM

Could you live without sex if everything else in a relationship is great? I'm not asking because I don't want to have it.... just so you know.... : 0

Hard to be in an adult relationship and not have intimate contact.

I'm all for more friends though, cuz that's what it would be.

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:13 PM

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:11 PM
I remember back at Ft. Sill in the 90's telling a Private that was shipping out to sharpshooter school that Mr. Rogers and John Denver were both snipers in the military. That Fred Rogers wore long sleeved sweaters to cover up all of his USMC tatoos. It was indeed a joke. We also sent him to the supply sergeant for a box of 'grid squares' and to the motor pool for a 'can of liquid squelch'.

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 03:00 PM

My particular take on marriage is that it is a bit of a mind fawk. Seems like most married people I know are pretty miserable/ bored. Marriage = you don't have to try anymore? You let yourself go because the other person can't go anywhere? Same ole sex all the time because really that's what you signed up for? There's no clause in a marriage "contract" that says you have to find new and exciting ways to please your spouse. It's not socially acceptable to act certain ways because you're married. Maybe it's just your spouse putting the lock down on you because, simply put, they can.

But my MAIN gripe about marriage is that you are entering into legal contract that could potentially effect you for the rest of your life based on just your feelings at that time. slaphead

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, am I the only one who thinks the way you feel about someone should not be tied to your credit score/ finances/ bank account? When the rest of the world is out getting married and making babies and I will continue to sit in my little corner saying noway

Unfortunately, not everybody has the same marriage standards. I would never get married solely based on feelings, I look for character as well. I recognize that it is a legally binding partnership and needs to be well thought out. Sitting back saying 'not for me' is alot better than getting into something that you may regret.

People seem to have replaced 'proving themselves' with 'suckered in by love'

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 02:48 PM
Do your potential future soulmate a huge favor, make sure the ink on your divorce papers is dry before you meet her.

Monier's photo
Mon 08/09/10 02:43 PM
I did'nt smile yet today. I'm hoping that changes.........

Monier's photo
Wed 08/04/10 09:46 PM
I move on pretty quickly. I guess that I've been lucky to not have been screwed over really bad as of yet, but there was a time in my 20's that I actually thought that every woman was a cheater. My guy friends always tried to get together with whatever girlfriend I had at the time. I did'nt think that was very cool, but it sure helps to find out if your girlfriend is a slut.

Monier's photo
Wed 08/04/10 08:44 PM

I can hardly believe it's true. In a little over 2 weeks I am getting married, again. I didn't see myself going this route again. Then when I had given up hope this wonderful man emailed me. He actually lived in the same town. How great is that? We met and have been together for a year now. I've been looking forward to our wedding day for the last several months, but now the time is racing ahead. 2 weeks! WOW.

Please keep me and my fiance in your thoughts and prayers, as this is a second marriage for both of us.

THAT IS PRETTY AWESOME

Monier's photo
Wed 08/04/10 08:40 PM

Has anyone else out there experienced the feeling that you are falling in love with your best friend of the opposite sex? What do you do?

There was this moment a long time ago I thought I felt something for her, but I quickly smacked that goofy idea right out of my head.

Monier's photo
Tue 08/03/10 09:33 PM

A friend from an online bikers group is coming down to Dallas at the end of the month. I finally get to meet someone not local, who I've been chatting and joking with for 2+ years now. I'm looking forward to it. We're crrently trying to decide whether staying fairly local and doing like the Ft. Worth Stockyards, or wandering out to Palestine, and doing the train out there.

:banana:

glasses :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Monier's photo
Tue 08/03/10 09:30 PM
Welcome!!

Monier's photo
Tue 08/03/10 09:22 PM
virgins

Monier's photo
Tue 08/03/10 09:21 PM

do you think when we are older <than before> that good things take a little longer than they did in the past? even when you know it is a good thing? and if so why do you think that is? experience?.. knowledge? or fear? when we are young... we dont have the fears to take the steps.. well for what i remember anyway... you like and way too soon you are going steady or "out" or "item" as a couple... etc...

If we stay at peace with ourselves, the good things never slow down.

Monier's photo
Sun 08/01/10 12:10 AM
Edited by Monier on Sun 08/01/10 12:10 AM
I am a woman trapped inside of a man's body that really really likes other women.

Monier's photo
Sun 08/01/10 12:05 AM
When children are involved, my parent mentality kicks in and says 'Whatever you do, do it for the kid'.

Unfortunately, I am a responible male who does'nt disappear on kids that get attached to him.

I say unfortunate because it is a weakness for me. Some single mothers that I have dated in the past have turned out to be less than stellar parents and I ended up staying longer than I should have playing the part of Daddy for a loser parent, thinking of the kid.

Then I realized, Hey!! I can't save the world.
What about my family??? Do I get to have one of those or is it just a myth and I have to settle on everybody else's past to build my future?

These days I'm less likely to date a single parent without them passing the checks I look for:

1. Must never place me above the child.
2. Just like with sex, get to know the person first and start a relationship and earn a ton of TRUST before meeting any kids.
3. Jumping into bed with me quick (if you can manage that) pretty much guarantees that I will never want to meet your children (obviously this means we both make bad decisions)
4. Using kids as an excuse. ie 'I could'nt call or send an email this week because I was sooooooo busy with the kids' BS I run two businesses and I can still manage to communicate with the person I'm interested in.
5. Swearing around your kid/kissing me in front of them = see ya

So it's not that us guys just won't date women with children, it's that when we see something we don't like and it's out of our control, we bolt.