Community > Posts By > Monier

Monier's photo
Thu 06/24/10 10:27 PM
When I was in my early twenties, I was dumped by a girl saying sex with me was boring. Only to learn she quickly got together with a guy twice my age who could'nt perform sexually. That befuddled my mind to the point it physically hurt.

Another time I was dumped for being an 'elitist jerk' as she put it. This was the evening after I spent 16 hours on my day off volunteering, collecting and delivering food donations instead of spending time with her. I thanked her and said I prefered the title Arrogant Humanitarian.

Monier's photo
Thu 06/24/10 10:18 PM

i was kicked in the nads

you know all the women i go after seem to do that...i'm sensing a pattern here....ohwell

that's rough.

I don't know what's harder to do, protecting myself from a suprise kick or controlling my right hook reflex that follows soon after. Thank goodness it's been many many years since it happened to me.

Monier's photo
Thu 06/24/10 10:05 PM

Do you really need to be at peace with yourself before starting a new relationship or are you just using it as an excuse to not put yourself out there?

Once at peace with yourself before starting a new relationship and you finally put yourself out there, you begin to realize how many people have'nt done the same.

It's great for yourself, but with others it's sometimes best to be a little naive.

So I would say Yes you need to be at peace with yourself, but it should'nt be an excuse not to try.

Monier's photo
Wed 06/23/10 09:05 PM
I would'nt be exclusive without meeting first. I just don't see a point to it and think it's silly.

Now, after meeting, that's another story.

My girlfriend and I had met playing an online game 5 years ago and developed a friendship over the years. No goofy unrealistic expectations.

Once she moved closer to me (by chance) we started to explore other possiblities. Claiming that we were an item before actually meeting in person would have been insulting to either of us, one of the many things I like about her.

Monier's photo
Mon 06/21/10 08:01 PM
some of my friend's parents have been together 30+ years, some grandparents had been 50+.

I don't think everybody sucks at marriage.

Monier's photo
Mon 06/21/10 07:40 PM

For those of you who are online to find a intimate encounter or who have in the past. I just wonder since it is something so easy to get with no strings attached why do you have to go online to find that? I ask this because i have never gone online to look for that nor have I in person but have been approached many times for that in person.and I dont act like that is something i am looking for either..Plain and simple.. If that is something I was looking for I would not waste my time doing it online... would be much easier in person to do.Pretty sure too that I could have my pick and could find a new one eveyrday if i wanted to..
So why do people do this online?

lack of self-esteem and hoping somebody else has less

Monier's photo
Mon 06/21/10 07:33 PM
If I married for money I would feel dead inside. What would I have to strive for, spending somebody else's cash? Where's the challenge?

I want somebody that knows how to stay strong when times get tough, and not rely on a financial security blanket.

Monier's photo
Fri 06/11/10 02:57 PM
A Rose

Monier's photo
Fri 06/11/10 02:52 PM

It's much quieter, and eliminates problems with pee all over
the bathroom and the forever 'put the seat down' issue.

For the sake of cleanliness and world peace between the
sexes, can't men just do it....

I don't get it. I've never had any complaints and I don't pee sitting down. Why would I?

I was an Artillery Gunner in the military, maybe I have good aim because of it. Who know? Maybe I'm just clean LOL

Honestly, the main reason us men won't pee sitting down or put the seat down is that we fear the string of other petty 'corrections' we will have to make if we give in. Trust me it's far better to be nagged on one thing than a never ending list of others. That's how we see it, but we still love you.

Monier's photo
Tue 06/08/10 03:09 PM
I'm an Elk. I like it.

Monier's photo
Tue 06/08/10 03:05 PM
BTW I really really really love your ink work Myka!!!

Monier's photo
Mon 06/07/10 07:35 PM

...shot me. Do you experience similar feelings?

hmmmm sometimes I wonder why I have not shot others

Monier's photo
Mon 06/07/10 07:30 PM
The young ones can use the excuse that they don't know any better, and some are just experimenting. Some have the illusion that they are so much better than the available people their age and dating a much older person reinforces that belief.

In my 20's I came to the conclusion that everybody at the age of 18/19 was nutty, so I stayed away.

I guess you could also say that the much older person that would date an 18/19 year old does'nt know any better either. I can't imagine thinking of them any other way except they are taking advantage and they know it. Afterall, two confused people make a great temporary match no matter what age they are.

Monier's photo
Mon 06/07/10 07:18 PM
Edited by Monier on Mon 06/07/10 07:18 PM

What qualities make a good friend to you?

They never want anything from me besides my friendship.

Monier's photo
Mon 06/07/10 07:14 PM

If all you're going to do is be a cynic about love and complain about the opposite sex, why come to a dating site to do so? Seems a bit self serving to me...

Do you really think the opposite sex is going to be attracted to someone who complains about them all the time? It's like shooting yourself in the foot before starting a marathon.... brilliant eh? slaphead

I love all women.......even when they are yelling and throwing things at me.

Monier's photo
Mon 06/07/10 07:08 PM
Edited by Monier on Mon 06/07/10 07:11 PM

I just like the pretty pictures, but alas, I am too lazy to nudge :P

At least you are honest about it :wink:

Honesty rules.

I'm dating somebody right now, but when I'm not, I prefer Dos Equis .... just kidding :banana:

For me, When looking at matches there has to be some sort of attraction regardless of what is written in the profile. There has to be something to catch my eye and I'm not talking cleavage. A look, facial expression or multiple expressions. Pictures and art says alot about who you are. A really catchy profile title helps alot as well!! When I read a profile, I'm trying to learn more about somebody I am already somewhat interested in. If I can respect what they are saying or they bring a smile to my face, I may send that inspiring lady an email letting her know.

Monier's photo
Mon 06/07/10 06:45 PM
I just like the pretty pictures, but alas, I am too lazy to nudge :P

Monier's photo
Fri 05/28/10 07:18 PM
Thank you :smile: I will try to behave :angel:

Monier's photo
Fri 05/21/10 09:23 PM

I think there is a spark betweem moi and a beautiful woman who happens to live in France. I have been online with her for nearly 4 freakin hours!!!!! She knows some english...but thats a generous "some". I know zero french--but do understand some of the words since there is a spanish-french similarity. I took spanish in college. I used english-french website to translate. And it worked really well. But my heart is pounding like crazy. I'm not sure how to handle this. One side of me is pulling saying go for it. The other is saying something different. I am willing to take the time to show I am a real person who cares. But the language barrier scares me. I am willing to move to France if it comes to that. But in the meantime, I need to know how to deal with situation. She also has a 6 Y.O son (where is Richard Dawson when you need him--"survey says"!!!.....)

What does the jury say to this delima?

use alot of different facial expressions while you are learning to communicate. That will go a long way.

Monier's photo
Fri 05/21/10 09:21 PM

I fed him and he just sits there looking at me.

You are spending too much time on the internet and he does'nt want to miss the rare chance to see you get up.