mountainwatergirl's photo
Sat 02/16/13 10:48 AM

Hummm could be cause some women expect way too much out of this day! And I would like to know why some think it is all one sided... Men deserve just as much attention as women do....

Honestly I feel that I would rather have a man/woman that shows their love every day not just one day out of the year.slaphead

And yes I'm one that remembers these days and made sure my kids did as well... :heart:

Of course people should show their love all year.
But who does??? Most people need a day to remind them of the special people in their lives.
What is "way too much" for expectations?
Maybe the laxed out stance on V-day has something to do with why some men think it's ok to pass up the opportunity to do something extra special. What's wrong with that? Don't you buy tons of presents every year for Christmas? Don't you plan that out financially to make sure it happens? What's the difference? Both are religious holidays...one not recognized for a day off from work...but, it's still a religious holiday. lol So much for religion ...lol... even if you remove the religious aspect like everyone does Christmas, it would still be a nice day to celebrate love.

I didn't say it was only a day for women to get stuff. It can be for men too if they'd just want it! lol I would have TONS planned if I had a man this year. I've been known to wrap myself up in a giant red bow, holding a jar of body chocolate in a fancy hotel room for my man before. Why not? I love celebrations....and for love?? What an awesome reason. Men love sex... don't they realize if they want some that is extra special ;-) they have to also do something extra special? See?? This is why I hate my gender. A lot of women out there training boys all wrong for their wives later in life. Just sayin

Really? To get good sex, they have to buy you gifts and take you out on Valentine's day? Yikes. No wonder many men complain about Valentine's day. They have to buy affection.

Lol oh my gawd lol
if you have cake every single day... you get sick of it.

Sat 02/16/13 12:21 AM

as I see it, there are a load of women on here hiding behind computers that aren't just going to agree to a meeting straight away or even reply to me. That's frustrating. Ocasionally you come across someone that does reply and it's possible to build up a friendship by emailing. You somehow have to talk them into a meeting but what can happen is that you just keep getting this "I'm not sure" jazz from them, even though they might be saying that they like you and it says on their profile that they are on here for dating. There is the worry that when you meet and if there is no spark the friendship and all of the flirting will be over.

It is only romantic if you feel that it might be going somewhere but you don't really know where it's going and you can't without a meeting.

Speaking of women's profiles and the initial impression we make on men through them... this is what mine says...

First, my tagline says, "How do you get what you want? You figure it out..."

Then it says, "Looking for man for relationship"

And I go even further by saying...

"I write poetry and short stories, and enjoy interacting with others who have the same interests. I also and ultimately desire a seriously committed relationship, after there has been ample time for friendship. And should the "the one" I'm destined to welcome into my life and heart cross my path, I will happily rearrange my schedule to accommodate his, as I know he will do the same for me. Until then, you'll find me on various poetry boards posting with my friends. "

Now... I believe that I made my intentions clear...

1st) if a man wants my attention he has to figure out how to get it.

2nd) I state that I'm looking for a man for "Relationship"

3rd) I state that I'm on the boards posting... which should tell any man who's interested in my profile that he can get to know more about me by going to the boards and doing his research.. that way, if he already knows things about me, my character, my opinions, etc., his first email contact will have depth to it... he won't have to say the same thing they all say because they didn't care to dig a little deeper... your pretty... you have pretty hair... really? and how am I expected to respond to this with anything other than, thank you?

I also make it clear that I'm looking for a seriously committed relationship that will require a friendship first, because I prefer to know the what's, why's, becauses, of the who I'm getting to know... that I might ultimately decide to share my life with... and to me, I don't care how long it takes for me and him to get to know each other, because I'm not in a hurry to jump into a life changing relationship, and I would hope he wouldn't be either. These kinds of connections take time to find, to grow, and to nurture, and the only thing we would really need to meet for is the physical connection, to see if we click that way too. But, I don't place a lot of importance on the sexual chemistry as I do on all the other attributes that are more important in the type of long term relationship that I want...

So, here I am... doing my thing... and waiting for my fate to tell me It's time to shut down online activity because "the one" for me has arrived and our lives will be focused on each other at that point... until then, I'll still be writing poetry and short stories, and posting on the boards with my friends...

And I'm not hiding behind my computer trying to frustrate the men who contact me... just like none of the other women on dating sites are either... we have the right to be selective about what kind of men we will give our time too... just like men have the right to skip over women who don't want to get the physical chemistry question out of the way first...

IMH and yet outspoken O...flowerforyou

Right. The first thing to say about that is that most people that go on dating sites do not post on forums. Yeah, you can Google my user name too if you want to research me and you can stalk me on forums but most people are simply not going to do that and you can't expect them to.

It's not just about finding out about whether there's "physical chemistry". You can tell from a profile if you fancy someone or not. You want to find out who they really are and you do need a meeting for that. Yes, you can learn a lot about them from chatting online but you don't really know how much of it is true and you don't know a lot of things that they might not be telling you. You might get on fine on the internet but you don't really know how a date with them is going to go and you certainly don't know how a relationship with them is going to play out. It's like reading the blurb on the back of a book. If you want the real story you need to actually buy the product.

Well, this is good to know, that most people that go on dating sites do not post on forums. So what you’re saying is these “most people” just browse profiles for a quick hookup, right? Well, it’s no wonder that the women on these sites turn down most of the men who contact them that way, like you said they do, because we know what kind of superficial connection most men want to make, and we’re just not interested. As far as stalking goes… even today’s labor force is investigated prior to hiring, as the employers do background searches so they know what kind of people they are employing. If people think that reading and following someone’s writings on forums is stalking them, then every performer on stage with a fan club that watches all their movies, goes to all their concerts wanting backstage for the after party, and some hot spontaneous sex, are just stalkers too...

Also, do you really think that people can’t lie to your face just as easily as they can lie to you online? I’ve been involved in a personal relationship living under the same roof with a man that lied about damn near everything that came out of his mouth for over two years, and had me totally fooled, only finally having to admit the truth because others were telling me about him, and he couldn’t hide his lies any longer. So, no, I don’t believe a face to face will tell you anything more than you can learn through phone call conversations, chats, letters, etc… over an extended period of time. The way I look at online dating is like everything else, to each his own way, what works for you may not work for me, and vice versa. And if a man expects to get my digits he’s going to have to show me he’s serious, and not just some player out to get game, cause if he doesn’t want too make an effort before we get together, then I know he won’t make one after he gets what he wants either, and he’s not the man for me, so he can just keep moving on down the line… after all, I might be lonely, but I’m not desperate… :laughing:

:thumbsup:

Sat 02/16/13 12:18 AM

people are capable of about anything and any intention

but

the difference between going out and being online is

being online is a way to feel safe in the comfort of your home and on your own schedule without having to make 'arrangements (babysitter, special outfits, hairdo,,etc,,) for an experience that may end up being a dud

the moment someone creates and posts a profile they have 'participated' in my opinion

its just in a bar, you can decide to never go back, but once you are on internet , you stay on internet,,,,,most people dont take it so seriously as to take the extra effort to remove their profile, and than many dont ever decide to give up on the POSSIBILITY they may 'go back',,,to that forum or site.

:thumbsup:

Sat 02/16/13 12:16 AM

as I see it, there are a load of women on here hiding behind computers that aren't just going to agree to a meeting straight away or even reply to me. That's frustrating. Ocasionally you come across someone that does reply and it's possible to build up a friendship by emailing. You somehow have to talk them into a meeting but what can happen is that you just keep getting this "I'm not sure" jazz from them, even though they might be saying that they like you and it says on their profile that they are on here for dating. There is the worry that when you meet and if there is no spark the friendship and all of the flirting will be over.

It is only romantic if you feel that it might be going somewhere but you don't really know where it's going and you can't without a meeting.

Speaking of women's profiles and the initial impression we make on men through them... this is what mine says...

First, my tagline says, "How do you get what you want? You figure it out..."

Then it says, "Looking for man for relationship"

And I go even further by saying...

"I write poetry and short stories, and enjoy interacting with others who have the same interests. I also and ultimately desire a seriously committed relationship, after there has been ample time for friendship. And should the "the one" I'm destined to welcome into my life and heart cross my path, I will happily rearrange my schedule to accommodate his, as I know he will do the same for me. Until then, you'll find me on various poetry boards posting with my friends. "

Now... I believe that I made my intentions clear...

1st) if a man wants my attention he has to figure out how to get it.

2nd) I state that I'm looking for a man for "Relationship"

3rd) I state that I'm on the boards posting... which should tell any man who's interested in my profile that he can get to know more about me by going to the boards and doing his research.. that way, if he already knows things about me, my character, my opinions, etc., his first email contact will have depth to it... he won't have to say the same thing they all say because they didn't care to dig a little deeper... your pretty... you have pretty hair... really? and how am I expected to respond to this with anything other than, thank you?

I also make it clear that I'm looking for a seriously committed relationship that will require a friendship first, because I prefer to know the what's, why's, becauses, of the who I'm getting to know... that I might ultimately decide to share my life with... and to me, I don't care how long it takes for me and him to get to know each other, because I'm not in a hurry to jump into a life changing relationship, and I would hope he wouldn't be either. These kinds of connections take time to find, to grow, and to nurture, and the only thing we would really need to meet for is the physical connection, to see if we click that way too. But, I don't place a lot of importance on the sexual chemistry as I do on all the other attributes that are more important in the type of long term relationship that I want...

So, here I am... doing my thing... and waiting for my fate to tell me It's time to shut down online activity because "the one" for me has arrived and our lives will be focused on each other at that point... until then, I'll still be writing poetry and short stories, and posting on the boards with my friends...

And I'm not hiding behind my computer trying to frustrate the men who contact me... just like none of the other women on dating sites are either... we have the right to be selective about what kind of men we will give our time too... just like men have the right to skip over women who don't want to get the physical chemistry question out of the way first...

IMH and yet outspoken O...flowerforyou

Right. The first thing to say about that is that most people that go on dating sites do not post on forums. Yeah, you can Google my user name too if you want to research me and you can stalk me on forums but most people are simply not going to do that and you can't expect them to.

It's not just about finding out about whether there's "physical chemistry". You can tell from a profile if you fancy someone or not. You want to find out who they really are and you do need a meeting for that. Yes, you can learn a lot about them from chatting online but you don't really know how much of it is true and you don't know a lot of things that they might not be telling you. You might get on fine on the internet but you don't really know how a date with them is going to go and you certainly don't know how a relationship with them is going to play out. It's like reading the blurb on the back of a book. If you want the real story you need to actually buy the product.

You wont know what is true in person either

Sat 02/16/13 12:13 AM
Edited by mountainwatergirl on Sat 02/16/13 12:27 AM

I'm curious what others think about this topic. It seems to me that online has become a secondary "nightclub" where a woman can feel desired with no intention of actually participating. The computer screen is so impersonal it seems like the perfect place to get validated in secret. I have to admit, after a shitty day, to come home to a bunch of messages from women saying I'm sooo hot, etc... would make me feel a bit better about myself.

There should be a check box to say if a woman has ever actually met in person, someone they've met online before. Because frankly I think it's another way for women to validate themselves. Pretty negative, but I think it's realistic. Women can meet a guy ANYWHERE. If they want to meet a guy all they have to do is dress up and go out. EASY. Why go through the effort to meet someone online? I guess it means you don't have to deal with the needy guys who can make you uncomfortable when you're out. But it's so much harder to get a feel for someone through text and a simple profile.

How many women are actually meeting people they've met online? With the plethora of messages any attractive woman receives, how is it possible to screen anyone enough to know they're safe to meet?

Anyway, thanks for reading. Let me know what you think :)

-Trev

A lot of women have residual instincts to dress up and present themselves.
Websites provide that like other social situations. Its no different. A woman in a publuc social situation wont be telling you her intentions either. She could be out dressed up to just get attention. So sure, sometimes theyre here for that and wont meet. Nothing wrong with that to me. Other times, women trying to politely decline meeting you because shes not interested is too subtle. So you get to know her on the site but she wont meet you.

Fri 02/15/13 08:56 PM

But you have just conceded the point that it isn't that women are bad at introducing themselves to strangers and having conversations with them at all and it is only that women tend not to go up to strange men and chat them up as much as men go up to strange women and do that. Also, you seem to have conceded that men are just as bad at it as women supposedly are, even though men do it more and should be better at it.

Your argument boils down to the assertion that you are good at picking up women. A guy on the internet says that he knows how to get laid. Brilliant. I hope your chat up lines are better than your debating skills.

If you think I'm back peddling, it's because you didn't understand what I was saying in the first place. That may be my fault. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Yes, I'm a guy on the internet that knows how to get laid. I'm not a whining nice guy that cries on the internet about not being able to find a girlfriend. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying I'm not.

You don't believe I get laid? I don't care. I still get laid whether you believe it or not.

Well, whether or not you get laid instead of spending Friday night posting on an internet forum is kind of beside the point. I don't care about that. I can't prove that you're talking crap about that and you can't really prove that it's true. It's just a claim that you are making that you can't back up with any proof.

That's fine though. It's your opinions that I'm refuting. There's a pattern to all of your arguments. You make a contraversial generalisation (usually something insulting about women) that you can't back up with anything really apart from anecdotal "evidence" or a single research paper or article from the internet. People tell you that it's a load of crap and give you counterexamples to refute it and then you say that there anecdotal evidence is worthless because there are exceptions to every rule. That's why I say you are a terrible debater and it seems like you are trolling.

Tawt,
Tex thinks men and women should be the same. We should break it to him that would make him bisexual rofl

Fri 02/15/13 08:51 PM

I think what the women here actually said was that they wouldn't ask a man out and some of them said that they would, so your argument as usual is spurious.

You stated that women are unable to introduce themselves to strangers and conduct a proper conversation, which is just nonsense. You take a topic about flirting and asking people out and somehow insert a troll into it about women having poor social skills. You do make me chuckle with these absurd generalisations and your boasting about your sex life though man.

Once again, that's not what I said. I never said women have poor social skills. On the contrary, women generally have better social skills than men. Women are better at reading body language, more sensitive to tonal changes in a voice and generally better at reading intentions than are men. However, that doesn't mean they are good at chatting up strangers. Truthfully, men are likely at least as bad at it as women are, which would explain why there are so many sad, lonely nice guys.

And I never troll. I post my views on whatever a given topic may be. You are, of course, free to disagree. In fact, I prefer people disagree with me because then we can discuss it and maybe I'll learn something new.

Edit:

I've just been back through this thread. 12 women have posted. 8 said they would not approach a man for a date. 3 said they would and one was vague. In fairness, one also mentioned she'd approached men in the past, but wouldn't do it again. Since 12 is 50% more than 8 I think it's reasonable to say generally, women don't do it and are therefore not good at it because they don't do it.

Sorry Tex... love you are into statistical viewing of this... but i dont think there has been enough posters here to have a well rounded accurate percentage. Most studies are conducted with hundreds of participants

Fri 02/15/13 08:44 PM

This is not a question only for guys but also for ladies. Just wanna get your insights

i wish they would... women seem to think men can read their mind...

Omg this again??
Always exaggerating to make a point is dramatic.
its not reading minds, its observing and figuring it out.
We all use this skill. Use it more it gets easy.
women may be better at reading minds though. We are made to figure out whats wrong with a tiny screaming human that cannot speak.
Try having this skill and deal with someone who wont even try to be observant enough to read into it a bit.

Fri 02/15/13 08:38 PM

But you have just conceded the point that it isn't that women are bad at introducing themselves to strangers and having conversations with them at all and it is only that women tend not to go up to strange men and chat them up as much as men go up to strange women and do that. Also, you seem to have conceded that men are just as bad at it as women supposedly are, even though men do it more and should be better at it.

Your argument boils down to the assertion that you are good at picking up women. A guy on the internet says that he knows how to get laid. Brilliant. I hope your chat up lines are better than your debating skills.

If you think I'm back peddling, it's because you didn't understand what I was saying in the first place. That may be my fault. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Yes, I'm a guy on the internet that knows how to get laid. I'm not a whining nice guy that cries on the internet about not being able to find a girlfriend. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying I'm not.

You don't believe I get laid? I don't care. I still get laid whether you believe it or not.

Well, whether or not you get laid instead of spending Friday night posting on an internet forum is kind of beside the point. I don't care about that. I can't prove that you're talking crap about that and you can't really prove that it's true. It's just a claim that you are making that you can't back up with any proof.

That's fine though. It's your opinions that I'm refuting. There's a pattern to all of your arguments. You make a contraversial generalisation (usually something insulting about women) that you can't back up with anything really apart from anecdotal "evidence" or a single research paper or article from the internet. People tell you that it's a load of crap and give you counterexamples to refute it and then you say that there anecdotal evidence is worthless because there are exceptions to every rule. That's why I say you are a terrible debater and it seems like you are trolling.

First of all, I do not ever say anything insulting about women. If I had, I'd have been banned a long time ago.

Secondly, I have done a good deal of research (reading books as well as field study) into attraction and what attracts us to one another. I try to share what I've learned and has worked for me. If I can help some guys out, I'm happy to help. If others want to say I'm full of BS, that's fine too. But, it's usually the guys that have no idea how to attract a female that say I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm on the web tonight because I'm working. I assume that you don't know, but I'm an over the road truck driver. That means I stay out on the road, living in my truck for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. Tonight I'm in a roadside park in East Texas. When I woke up this morning I was in central Mississippi. Tomorrow I'm driving almost into Mexico.

Proof? How about this?

Tex just proved he has lots of money
rofl

Fri 02/15/13 05:19 PM
Edited by mountainwatergirl on Fri 02/15/13 05:20 PM

And this is why most men are happy they are single on valentines day. Its glorious to give a gift to someone who has no expectations and fully appreciates any gesture. Its absolutely horrible to attempt to get a gift knowing its intent is to satisfy an expectation and knowing that the gift is going to be judged if it meets the expectation or falls short.

Where is the love in that?

Take what you just said, and apply it to Christmas.
For me, there's no difference than another tradition.
Your opinion doesnt account for the differences between you and people like you... and me... and people like me. You are right about any gesture if two like minded people are coupled. There are people out there that like to buy their loved ones gifts. This is how retail has done so well. When i go to visit my mother, i try to bring her something. She smiles and is so happy i thought of her. She has a new thing to brighten her day and however long it lasts after that. Some people are just like this. So what? My point is everyone has some type of expectations..or at least hoping for a pizza. Lol and something nice can make people happy...or if you will... whos got family heirlooms around? How did those get there? Grandmas broach.. Aunties necklace? Mothers ring... someone bought that. Hello? Someone wanted to do something special and made it happen. I cant believe I'm explaining this yawn

Fri 02/15/13 08:11 AM
Edited by mountainwatergirl on Fri 02/15/13 08:16 AM
Hmmmm... well good thing its over now lol
I still think you that are descrbing the meaning of love...and being satisfied with nothing are not on the right track with the issue I've described. I have dated too many men to give all that info about who i am speaking of. That doesnt even matter lol gawd. The persons that have let me down. On "the day of love" are of no consequence at all. Not talking about one man here. Many of the men I've been with this time of year have done nothing for Valentines. At best.. a card. Nothing more.
Some of you have good intentions in saying we dont need gifts or make a big deal for valentines... thats great you feel you can remind us all reading this thats whats ultimate for you to believe ... but you're not being honest with us. You cannot tell me you've never expected a gift before. This tradition is no different than others in this category. Everyone expects what they've always known. You dont go to a wedding and theres no gifts... you dont attend a birthday and theres no gifts... you dont wake up at christmas and theres no gifts... people may say its not about getting gifts... but people still buy them because its polite and they want to give. It is an expression of love whether you admit it or not. At the very least... there should be something special other than a futile attempt like copping out with a card and a broke excuse, and the rest of the day and night is as any other day. When i saw women at work receiving flowers from the florist from their wonderful men, i thought how expensive that was. Told myself i wouldn't need that but would be wonderful to have my man stop at the grocery store for a 20 bouquet of red roses to hand to me. Its the thought that went into it and i dont need a spectacle delivery of over priced roses. But none at all? Why not when you know she will smile and throw her arms around you? I think people like to preach a lot in these forums... things that sound perfect but are not reality at all.

Fri 02/15/13 12:05 AM

Women's LIB

Darn right!!!!bigsmile

Women's lib means women paying for their own meals, right? laugh

Absolutely. Even when I date; I insist on going Dutch as that way I don't owe the man anything. tongue2

I hear ya. Ive done that a lot too. Sometimes, a guy will insist. I respect that... but only if he still wants to buy dinner after i tell him he wont get any :wink:

Thu 02/14/13 11:59 PM

Missing the point
ok lets put it this way... You have been given 50.00, and your man has been given 50.00... you spend your 50.00 on HIM, because you love him and it makes you happy to give yours away to him.... he spends his 50.00 on HIM.... fair? Whether you want gifts or not, is not the issue. That's personal to just you, and others like you. Pretend you do like to go out for Valentines. That is what I'm asking you to do. Put yourself in my shoes...you can't wear your own shoes, with my feet. Not working. Is the scenario I described above about money fair?

None of this is stated in the OP. If it were stated in the OP, then my response to the OP would have been different.

Well, that would be because i had to break down the meaning of my OP with tons of additional posts to get you here. Point was i have my money, now where is his. I said why do men mess up this day and dont tey to do the traditional things. Because i mentioned him buying dinner youve gone off about that since. I didnt think i needed to get specific. Just as long as its a fair trade both ways. We both give, we both get. Im tired of paying for everything because the guy is broke. Hes cheap if he can spend all the money he wants on himself, but Valentines day comes and woop! Hes short on money... if i want dinner out? I have to pay for us both... or stay home. Thats jyst lame.

Thu 02/14/13 04:48 PM

Here is the entire OP:

What is up with men that don't want to or know how to buy the proper gifts and dinner for their woman on Valentines?
A card is 5 bucks, a dozen roses at the major grocery stores is 20 bucks, and dinner for two at the local pub/restaurant can be as little as 25 with tip. This day for sweethearts comes every year, with a whole year to plan it. No excuses that it creeps up on you when you're broke.
So what gives? What is it really that causes so many men to mess this up???

Nowhere does the OP mention a particular man being broke because he spent all of his money on fishing gear.

If you want to know why a particular man acted a certain way, then you need to talk things over with that particular man.

The OP mentions men (plural) not buying "proper gifts and dinner for their woman on Valentines". I don't know of any rule or law which states what "proper" Valentine gifts for women are. I don't know of any rule or law which says that the man is to pay for the dinner.

Seriously, what two people do for each other on Valentine's Day is a personal matter between those two people. It isn't something that an outside third party can dictate.

If your particular man failed to do what you wanted him to do for you on Valentine's Day, then that issue involves just one man. It is not an excuse to make a negative generalization about all men.

WRONG AGAIN.lol
I wasn't gearing my question to just one guy that bought fishing stuff. Geez-um-crow you are really difficult.
If you were a football right now... thwack! :angel:
proper gifts... everyone knows boxes of chocolates, flowers, particularly roses, and dinner out for Valentines... yes.. just not you. lol Seriously...I can't waste anymore time teaching you life, have at it.

Thu 02/14/13 04:40 PM

As for gifts; I am almost afraid to accept them as there is always a price to pay for them.

About those gifts, is it true that candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker?

Get me a bottle of rum and you find out. pitchfork

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Thu 02/14/13 04:20 PM
Edited by mountainwatergirl on Thu 02/14/13 04:23 PM

No Ive never had an issue with not recieving something for valentines day. But im also not the prissy type who would raise hell because my man didnt spend 50 dollars on me. Material things are not as important to me as they are some people.

Missing the point
ok lets put it this way... You have been given 50.00, and your man has been given 50.00... you spend your 50.00 on HIM, because you love him and it makes you happy to give yours away to him.... he spends his 50.00 on HIM.... fair? Whether you want gifts or not, is not the issue. That's personal to just you, and others like you. Pretend you do like to go out for Valentines. That is what I'm asking you to do. Put yourself in my shoes...you can't wear your own shoes, with my feet. Not working. Is the scenario I described above about money fair?

Thu 02/14/13 04:16 PM

Here is the first sentence of the OP:

What is up with men that don't want to or know how to buy the proper gifts and dinner for their woman on Valentines?

I objected to the assumption that the man is supposed to pay for the dinner during a time in history when plenty of women have their own sources of income. If the woman has her own income, then why can't she be the one to pay for the dinner?

In short, I am promoting gender equality.

/clears throat
ok, Dodo....one more time... .I never said I wouldn't pay my share.
Not once... go back and read them guy. I said the man is broke.
I'm not paying his share because he blew all his money on fishing crap. So we go no where unless I PAY it all. Are you with me yet ????
If not...I give up on you...

Thu 02/14/13 03:46 PM

If a man chooses to spend HIS money on himself and then tells me he is broke so he cant buy me something for valentines day. It dose not bother me. If s care for him material things dont matter. . If he cares for me he will show it in other ways than spending money.

Low expectations must be the norm at your place.

Thu 02/14/13 03:15 PM

ever since i got all this inheritance money i keep running into "independent" women who want to pay their own way, open their own doors, only shop at discount stores, and be responsible for their own orgasms. where are all the old fashioned gold diggers? i can't even get a scammer to email me grumble

Help DoDo and send some of them his way lol

Thu 02/14/13 03:08 PM
Edited by mountainwatergirl on Thu 02/14/13 03:48 PM

Well then, what is left is tradition..
and like Navygirl said...doing special things doesn't always have to cost money. Learn how to cook, and go on a free flower hunt...point is to do something extra. I am speaking of men that have money to spend in my post. That they spent on themselves, then said they were broke for this day.

esebulldog, now do you see how traditional that gold-digging is?
Apparently, it is permissible for women to spend their money on themselves, but the opposite isn't permissible.

You misunderstand everything that's been said....that's sad.
Did I say I had no money to spend?
Did I say I wouldn't, shouldn't, couldn't spend any money today?
You don't make any sense.

Did I say I had no money to spend?
Did I say I wouldn't, shouldn't, couldn't spend any money today?

Seriously, you insist that the man must pay for dinner because that is "tradition". Yet, the "tradition" comes from a time when many women didn't have jobs outside of the home, when the man usually was the only one with money to spend. That "tradition" is meaningless if a woman has a job outside of the home.

You're stuck on your point that has nothing to do with my post.offtopic I never said I insisted he pay for dinner.
You assumed that, then started off on it since.
You are even running around a bush from the point I made regarding the fact that a man has the money to spend...he just spent it on himself while he slaps a 5.00 card on the table for me. I'm not going to let you assume I have spent money on myself in the recent past as well as he did. That is pure speculation on your part, and you're going to have to do better then that if you want to win a debate with meh! rofl

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25