LittleLeftofRight's photo
Thu 12/01/16 10:25 PM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Thu 12/01/16 10:54 PM

Well there comes a point where those who work are just working for those who don't work. There is going to be more, and more retired people as the population ages. The thing is the unemployment rate is only like 5% and most of them don't want to work.So supply and demand kick in as places try to find people they have to pay more to get them. This also drives the price of things up. And many people don't realize the overhead of running a business. Taxes, work comp, building, materials, more taxes, advertising, insurance, maintenance all add up and keep going up, and with a few lazy employees it doesn't take much to eat up that little bit of profit, assuming there was any made in the first place.

thats not entirely correct at least not in the US. The unemployment number in the US is ficticious. People are only counted as unemployed for the length of time they are eligible to collect unemployment. Many have been unemployed far longer than that time period driving that number well into double digits. the guv never tells y9ou the whole story and like everything else its for appearance sake, to give the impression they are doing a good job for us by their using of a small slice of a samplewhich does not represent reality.

Not to drift too far off, but here is some food for thought for you all at whats been going on behind the scenes right under everyones noses which undermines the whole system we think of as government.

US Government's true wealth exposed
The Government owns it all by investment.

Government's Statement of "Net Worth" - Budgets are for the "Year" CAFRs are what developed since the beginning!

Decades if not over a century of investment, income wealth amassed from that local government www.CAFR1.com

The guv itself drives inflation. Read the statements for your state but put a pillow on the table so when your jaw hits its not so painful. Since we are talking about shooting one foot may as well take notice of the hole in the other one.

Check this out and listen to them apologize for that bleeding edge these people operate giving them 'plausible deniability' (Like Hillary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZusXT-ftZg

scared

Thu 12/01/16 10:03 PM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Thu 12/01/16 10:16 PM
the problem the whole world is faced with today is that there are very few 'jobs' that cant be computerized and automated. You name it legal, accounting, purchasing, real estate, much the medical, you name it. Whats left like construction we have tools that make the work go so fast all it takes is know how. The issue with with the kiosk is it only takes a small handful of people to marry the hardware to the software, then its rubber stamp and out the door as fast as they can be automatically assembled. For service you simply send the customer black box components they can replace without a technician, like toner in your printer. If there was ever a big push for automation I could easily envision 75% of the work presently being done vaporize and replaced with bots. We even have for the home robot auto vacuum cleaners that are a smash hit and when their batteries get low they automatically go back to their charging dock. So where are we going? 3 day work week? This labor absorbtion is being vaporized at all levels and collars. Its going to require drastic changes in our thinking and labor force and methods of exchange at some point. Starting with the monopolized rapists who are charging us a monetary 'use fee' (taxation) as a percentage for every transaction we make simply bcause we are 'using' their stuff (printed paper money or plastic purely digital [computer ledger]) to do it.

Sat 11/26/16 09:55 PM

Trump might not even become pres after the recount? scared

Trump won the electoral vote and while the electors generally follow the populat vote it is not necessarily required in all the states to do so. I dont know if wis, mich, or pen have statutes that require them to follow or not?

When hillary came here (Wis) there was only a small crowd when trump came here there were hoards of people

Wed 11/23/16 12:57 AM

Trump has been a longtime friend of the Clintons.

Trump, through his mother, and Clinton, through her father are related
 Share 18th great-grandparents.
 Ancestor John of Gaunt was son of King Edward III. 1st Duke of Lancaster.

yep the only el prezzi dante that wasnt brit was buchanan. cant get rid of them

Wed 11/23/16 12:56 AM

Trump has been a longtime friend of the Clintons.

he's a jackass in elephants clothing.

Tue 11/22/16 01:01 AM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Tue 11/22/16 01:07 AM
Washington (CNN)

President-elect Donald Trump unveiled plans Monday for his first 100 days in office, including proposals related to immigration, trade deals and defense policy, using a video published online to briefly outline his proposals.

Trump promised to withdraw from negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, cancel environmental restrictions put in place by President Barack Obama, ask his national security team to buttress against infrastructure attacks, have the Labor Department investigate federal worker visas and impose broad new bans on lobbying by government employees.

The six items Trump detailed Monday are all somewhat easy lifts inside Washington -- because they can be done with a simple signature by Trump and do not require congressional approval.

But Trump also left out his biggest campaign promises -- including promises to build a wall along the Mexican border, establish a "deportation force," place new restrictions on immigration from some majority Muslim countries, repeal Obamacare and spend $1 trillion on infrastructure.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/politics/donald-trump-outlines-policy-plan-for-first-100-days/

yeh what a bum, all that time in office and he still hasnt done anything with the borders or health care!

He wants a law that for every new law 2 are removed! Hey come on, we only have upwards of 62,000,000 laws in this country!

The first thing ohaha said when he got in and was asked about his promises, "Oh that was just champaign rhetoric"!

Wed 11/16/16 08:46 AM
Ive been in tears since the discovery of the existence the american version of the iron curtain (among other things) around 40 years ago.

Wed 11/16/16 08:36 AM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Wed 11/16/16 08:50 AM

Thats not to say the people wont get a few bread crumbs here and there, enough to keep them from burning down the white house but those at the top of the food chain will always have the bulk share, and create laws out of thin air to insure it remains that way.

Then there is the bright side, we can always vote the bum out next time, and the next time, and the next time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrp1tIBY8Q

Right?

As we gaze into the political crystal ball:

The only saving grace, that Hills would have been worse is not too much to look forward to.

Wed 11/16/16 07:55 AM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Wed 11/16/16 07:58 AM

The problem with being forced into choosing the lessor of 2 evils. We watch who trump chooses for his MAGA Team.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/donald-trumps-great-bait-and-switch?mbid=nl_161114_Daily&CNDID=39382608&spMailingID=9871416&spUserID=MTMzMTg0NjEwMDMzS0&spJobID=1041117022&spReportId=MTA0MTExNzAyMgS2

Granted we need to see what he does, but I for one am highly skeptical the landscape will be even close to what we envisioned.

Mon 11/14/16 07:21 PM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Mon 11/14/16 08:18 PM

What did I miss? :(

some people are blaming the electoral college when al the electors voted in consonant with the popular vote of their states respectively.

the libs dont understand how the system works, they think the electors went against the pop vote and they did not.

That is the only way anyone could blame the electoral college.

None of what you said is based on factual knowledge. Your vague term "libs" clearly doesn't apply to anyone other than "people you don't like," because EVERYONE has complained about the Electoral College system at one time or another.

And no, most of the people who are complaining about the E.C. are NOT ignorant of how it works at all. What they are upset about is EXACTLY how it works, which I can only deduce that you do not, since you think it reflects the popular vote, when it clearly does not.

Here's the main thing ANYONE needs to know, in order to get a handle on the E.C.: the United States is a Republic. It is actually named well, because the government was designed, and remains, as a collection of STATES, not as a single NATION.

And that is ALSO why we end up with people winning elections, while losing the overall popular vote.

There are so far only TWO states which apportion their electors proportionately to the way people vote there. Forty-eight other states are winner-take-all.

That means that if candidate "A" wins state "X" by a 90% landslide, and loses to candidate "B" in state "Y" (a state with identical number of voters)by a slim margin, BOTH CANDIDATES WILL GET THE SAME NUMBER OF ELECTORAL VOTES, even though in total popular vote BETWEEN those two states, candidate "A" won as much as double or more popular votes.

Anyone who wants every citizens vote to count equally, will be correct in opposing the E.C. system.

First we are not talking about "one time or another", the attempt to make me look foolish fails due to the false premise of your argument, we are talking about this time, and this time it is in fact the "libs" that are complaining as I said.

you could have saved yourself a lot of typing had you quoted me from another thread where I explained all that.

Even in this thread I alluded to it for those who understood the system.

some people are blaming the electoral college when al the electors voted in consonant with the popular vote of their states respectively.

the libs dont understand how the system works, they think the electors went against the pop vote and they did not.

Now that might not slap people in the face but nonetheless the electoral college accurately reflects the popular vote for each state.

If its 51red/49blu then the state is considered red, that is how a democracy works.

So whats next get rid of all the representatives and senators since they are also apportioned according to population?

You are correct however that at this precise moment in time the electors have yet to cast their votes BUT as you can see from all the reports and state laws that they are expected to vote in consonant with the voters, therefore the assumption is perfectly valid. I believe its jan 6th

Even if you parse out and proportion the EC votes and add all reds and all blues it still has the same result because you cant magically create more electors than your state is allotted, and once they have all voted there is nothing more.

You do realize that that if you get rid of the EC the same problem will result with the representatives so we will have to get rid of them as well as I said they operate on exactly the same principle.

as you can see in the second to the last column and I do not claim to know the 'exact' apportionment algorithm they use it should be quite obvious they are attempting to equalize representation to prevent a single state from calling all the shots for the whole nation.

Mon 11/14/16 07:11 PM

Good evening my beautiful people of m2, shots out to all those who posting' my cyber home, luv ya'll...but lets get right into it. America, let me ask you a question" Do you approve of our country around the world forcing other countries during war time to " Either you play our game or we go to war?". I do a lot of new reading & research & I'm curious how our people feel about that, Please all give feedback especially if you a veteran or currently active in our greatest military in the world? Let's chat!

of course not, simply because they create a defacto oligarchic dictatorship in every case including our so called land of the free. People are not taught critical thinking and are not able to comprehend the big picture in many cases without being told what to think.

In short just because the label is democracy does not imply its not a dictatorship in operation.

Even sadam hussein had advisors ;)

Mon 11/14/16 07:06 PM

EyeAmYourHost39,

well I feel about this well its like telling " King Tut" you will do what right , you will follow the laws of democracy set by our founding fathers set or we will go to war!" Democracy is what makes America great, why force it. A lot of other countries live by ancient rules & other live with more complicated laws. I don't think we should butt in other countries business. I mean if China would of came to us and say" America you going to be this or that or we will war, we would defiantly hate that.....right?

yeh all that coziness in the way this country was created. Its all garbage. First the so called founding fathers are nothing of the sort, they are 'constitutors'. That is a person or persons who create contracts for a 3rd party debt collector, hence perfect the contract so that the states all had to pay taxes, by force if necessary. The so called founders merely copied/pasted portions of the magna charta and british bill of rights, nothing too founding in that. In the constitution the obligation of debt is all the king cared about, so he would get his 10% of all the mineral rights. They were not authorized by the people to create the constitution only amend the articles of confederation. Then finally they did not create a democracy, if they did you would be voting on every law ever made, you dont, you only get to vote for overlords who make the law for you. Its is called a democracy 'only' because its a democratic parliament operating within a republic. Sorry to strip the glossy paint job off and show you the desert of the real.

Mon 11/14/16 03:00 PM

Mon 11/14/16 12:44 PM

of coarse you think that the popular vote should rule, now. but if ithe outcome was reversed you would be for the electoral vote. Right?

no, I would not

I question the electoral college when it doesnt seem to reflect the way the citizens voted

Here I will help you with that.

Each state has a specified number of electors based upon population same as a specified number of reps and senators.

In order to have a valid complaint about the electors one would need to show that some electors voted 'contrary' to the popular vote of their state.

The electors are held to that pledge, they cant vote willy nilly or base their vote on the pop votes of a different state.

So my question is which electors voted contrary to the popular votes of their state which is the only possible way anyone would have a valid complaint about the electors.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.

List of State Laws and Requirements Regarding the Electors

verified as of March 1, 2016

The Office of the Federal Register presents this material for informational purposes only, in response to numerous public inquiries. The list has no legal significance. It is based on information compiled by the Congressional Research Service. For more comprehensive information, refer to the U.S. Constitution and applicable Federal laws.

Legal Requirements or Pledges
Electors in these States are bound by State Law or by pledges to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ALABAMA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 17-19-2
ALASKA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 15.30.040; 15.30.070
CALIFORNIA – State Law – Elections Code § 6906
COLORADO – State Law – § 1-4-304
CONNECTICUT – State Law – § 9-175
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – DC Pledge / DC Law – § 1-1001.08(g)
FLORIDA – Party Pledge / State Law – § 103.021(1)
HAWAII – State Law – §§ 14-26 to 14-28
MAINE – State Law – § 805
MARYLAND – State Law – § 8-505
MASSACHUSETTS – Party Pledge / State Law – Ch. 53, § 8, Supp.
MICHIGAN – State Law – §168.47 (Violation cancels vote and Elector is replaced.)
MISSISSIPPI – Party Pledge / State Law – §23-15-785(3)
MONTANA – State Law – § 13-25-304
NEBRASKA – State Law – § 32-714
NEW MEXICO – State Law – § 1-15-5 to 1-15-9 (Violation is a fourth degree felony.)
NORTH CAROLINA – State Law – § 163-212 (Violation cancels vote; elector is replaced and is subject to $500 fine.)
OHIO – State Law – § 3505.40
OKLAHOMA – State Pledge / State Law – 26, §§ 10-102; 10-109 (Violation of oath is a misdemeanor, carrying a fine of up to $1000.)
OREGON – State Pledge / State Law – § 248.355
SOUTH CAROLINA – State Pledge / State Law – § 7-19-80 (Replacement and criminal sanctions for violation.)
VERMONT – State Law – title 17, § 2732
* VIRGINIA – State Law – § 24.1-162 (Virginia statute may be advisory – “Shall be expected” to vote for nominees.)
WASHINGTON – Party Pledge / State Law – §§ 29.71.020, 29.71.040, Supp. ($1000 fine.)
WISCONSIN – State Law – § 7.75
WYOMING – State Law – §§ 22-19-106; 22-19-108 .

Total Electoral Votes: 538; Majority Needed to Elect: 270
State Number of Electoral Votes
Alabama 9
Alaska 3
Arizona 11
Arkansas 6
California 55
Colorado 9
Connecticut 7
Delaware 3
District of Columbia 3
Florida 29
Georgia 16
Hawaii 4
Idaho 4
Illinois 20
Indiana 11
Iowa 6
Kansas 6
Kentucky 8
Louisiana 8
Maine 4
Maryland 10
Massachusetts 11
Michigan 16
Minnesota 10
Mississippi 6
Missouri 10
Montana 3
Nebraska 5
Nevada 6
New Hampshire 4
New Jersey 14
New Mexico 5
New York 29
North Carolina 15
North Dakota 3
Ohio 18
Oklahoma 7
Oregon 7
Pennsylvania 20
Rhode Island 4
South Carolina 9
South Dakota 3
Tennessee 11
Texas 38
Utah 6
Vermont 3
Virginia 13
Washington 12
West Virginia 5
Wisconsin 10
Wyoming 3

So I do not see a problem with the electoral votes, in a democratic vote most states 2 excepted are winner take all for the state, so whats wrong with the clinton supporters since the electors all voted according to the popular vote of their states?

Mon 11/14/16 01:26 AM

what are those Pansies even doing in College?
They are barely ready for Kindergarten!

If that aint bad enough, look again! Michigan 'Law' university!

Is it really any surprize that we end up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmHqzDtvHs

Mon 11/14/16 12:25 AM

I am already laughing so hard my gut hurts. All these educated voters, the future leaders of America setting a good example for the dummies.

Butt hurts, or gut hurts, that is the question! tears

Sun 11/13/16 11:33 PM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Sun 11/13/16 11:52 PM
College Students Given Coloring Books & Play Doh to Help ‘Cope’ With Trump’s Victory

Today, some of the best and brightest young Americans run and hide, riot and destroy, and post videos of themselves sobbing because a free and open election didn’t turn out their way.

Cocooned in echo chambers where they are exposed only to ideas and beliefs that reflect their own, shielded from rigorous intellectual debate, coddled by university administrators who provide “safe spaces” where they can hide from a single surname written in chalk, and indulged by cowed professors who cancel exams in deference to their delicate emotionstoday’s students are unable to discern the difference between disappointment and the end of the world.

In the wake of the surprise victory of Republican candidate Donald Trump, universities saw themselves not as a forum for debate or even protest, but as babysitters charged with comforting students who were unable to deal with reality.

Tufts University made an arts and crafts center available.

The University of Kanas invited therapy dogs to campus for comfort.

The University of Michigan had a play area with coloring books.

Cornell hosted what it termed a “cry-in” where faculty and staff handed out hot cocoa and tissues.

Thank God the fate of the free world, including the liberation of a continent, didn’t hinge on the response of young men and women who – although old enough to marry, sign contracts, pilot a plane, give consent for surgery, open a bank account, buy a home, donate blood, learn to skydive and apply for their own passport – prefer to remain children rather than take their place as adults in a world where sometimes things just don’t go as planned.

http://usherald.com/college-students-given-coloring-books-play-doh-help-cope-trumps-victory/

sound familiar?

Sun 11/13/16 09:42 PM
Edited by LittleLeftofRight on Sun 11/13/16 09:51 PM

I suppose I should have been more careful in my wording. I was referring to the creation of regulations, which then are regarded as law, but unfortunately didnt clarify it. I am pointing out that there are lawful procedures that must be followed and met to enable regulations to be legitimately be made and thats not the way its done in the US. The rest is your taking the ball and running.

However that said there is no limit to the unconstitutional trash the legislatures can produce, and pass as law despite that it is entirely unconsitutional, and you are stuck with obeying that unconstitutional regulation forced upon you as law.

Lets take the states overlay of their flavor of religion enforced upon the mormons. You will obey the god state and 'its' religion or lose everything and end up checked in at the graybar hotel.

Where in the constitution did the people make an exception to the right to exercise their religion, granting the state the authority to establish a state religion in the form of a law that denies the mormons of their religion?

Thats a nice pie in the face argument since not only did the state establish their religion dogma, the courts supported it.

You are overlooking something in the process. I'm not saying that it is okay to pass unconstitutional laws and regulations. I'm saying that Due Process is involved. That means that when unconstitutional laws are suggested, that that is protected free speech. After they are passed, the process to get rid of them is through challenge in the courts.

What we have way too much of right now, are people angrily demanding that laws be removed, or even debated, simply because they PERSONALLY think they are unconstitutional.

Oh thats right law is the great equalizer in america isnt it?

Except of course the state gets to use my tax dollars to make unconstitutional laws against me AT MY EXPENSE and to get rid of those crap laws I have to use my personal money to fight them in court once again AT MY EXPENSE.

Thats a really fair deal isnt it?

Then the state overlords require that you beat a broad set of statutory 'presumptions' to get past the gatekeeper to even get your case heard, much of which runs to common law that runs costs well over 50g to litigate, and of course we the citizens have that laying around as pocket change to fight for our rights.

Equal under the law my ***. Screwed under the law is more like it.

Since you used the legal term, I presumed you would reconise I said the same thing in laymans terms, with the word 'procedure' to simplify it for those who are not too legally inclined.

Finally, I dont see anyones response to the Mormon Matter.

That is where the state or courts for that matter have the jurisdiction and/or authority to over lay and enforce 'their' religion against the religion of the people?

No comments from anyone?
State established religion is unconstitutional.
The Mormon case is unconstitutional.
Some opinions about law are based in fact, others fiction, once again the challenge, to anyone wants to step up to mound and conduct a friendly forum litigation based in fact rather than innuendo.

You talk about change how about the guv respecting the laws that are NOT UNDER the constitution, but over it, ie: speech, arms, and religion.

Sun 11/13/16 08:26 PM
there is no such thing as political correctness as there is religious correctness.

Just another bear trap cliche used to shut the opposition down for any number of reasons, be it offensive to someone or against/for a certain political or religious agenda.

Its a completely bogus and useless term, much like conspiracy theory and several other cliches designed to shut your opponent up.

It does make a statement however that someone is all butthurt.

Sun 11/13/16 03:12 PM

yes, if only all information was not reported until complete

that would be refreshing

well there is a shortage of educated counters too, NH and Mich cant find any educated libs qualified to count. frown

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10