Community > Posts By > knightless

knightless's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:09 PM
Stayed with my first husband 7 yrs..and the abuse was horrific at times. Back when we were married they didn't have women's shelters like they do today. I couldn't go home to my parents- for certain reasons. So..I suffered for 7 yrs. saving every cent I could possibly get, without him finding out..and the day he touched my son is the day I said no more. Different women have different reasons for staying.....In my own opinion though- abusers don't change, you can try counseling, talking till your blue in the face, believe them when they say they will never do it again- until the next time-......

knightless's photo
Thu 06/05/08 12:57 PM
Absolutely not...I want to go when it's my time and look forward to being reunited with my loved ones again.

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:29 PM
very dashing...

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 08:08 PM
I don't plan on letting any one close enough to have that happen. People tend to change towards you when they find things out..so why put myself through it anymore..would rather stay single and not have that stress...drinker

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 06:25 PM

It depends on how much you want to be loved or to love someone. I would travel to the ends of the earth if I knew my true love was waiting there for me. flowerforyou

YOUR MISSING THE POINT; WITHOUT TRAVEL, HOW LONG WOULD LOVE LAST, HOW LONG DO WE HOLD ON? HOW DO WE HONESTLY KNOW IT IS LOVE.

You know....it's in the heart and the soul- there is no mistaking it!

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 04:57 PM

I love cowboyslove

I also love real cowboys..but not those guys that think they are all that and seem to just play the ladies..have no room for the playboys.

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 04:38 PM

You just said that. laugh

That was the cocaine talkingbigsmile

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:21 PM
I have always adopted "grandparents" anywhere I am living. I go to the nursing home and find out which residents have no one visiting them and I will sort of adopt them- make sure they have Christmas gifts, Birthday gifts, and remember them on holidays. I've done this ever since I was 12 yrs old. Just to see the look of joy on their face is worth it to me.

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:13 PM
It's still a lie--yes. But it was also necessary if we were to have the means to move when the military gave him orders, and when we got to where we were going that we had the money for a place to live, and getting set up again. I hate lieing- but that was a choice I made on that part...I would much rather be prepared and not wondering what we were going to do when there was none.

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:08 PM
Lives in fear.

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:02 PM
No..it makes me too sad to watch..glad their happy and all, but still makes me too sad.

knightless's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:59 PM
I have told little white lies..but not to hurt anyone or to be a bad person. I had a husband that couldn't keep a quarter on him- it burned holes in his pocket.lol I would have to save money up so we would be prepared when it was moving time while he was in the military..so I would adjust my checkbook to show there was no money left after each payday..but he was sure amazed when I would hand him the money to pay for things during the move. He always wondered how I managed to do it but I never told him my secret..because I knew it wouldn't last. But the little white lie to me was to help him not hurt him..so I didn't feel I was doing anything bad.

knightless's photo
Tue 06/03/08 07:26 PM
Their eyes

knightless's photo
Tue 06/03/08 05:57 PM
Same here rainysky- I've had so many over the years it's hard to say which one was worse than the other. My husband died August 2006, my son died Oct.85, my Mom died in my arms March 2001..I could go on..but they were all pretty horrific.

knightless's photo
Tue 06/03/08 05:48 PM
I don't know--- heartofgold melted one ladies heart that night...:smile:

knightless's photo
Tue 06/03/08 04:31 PM
First wedding was a big church wedding, 2nd wedding was in my parents living room- he passed away 24 yrs later. IF (and that's a big if) I ever decide to go that route again, I would like a sunset wedding on the beach, nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, just simple and meaningful.

knightless's photo
Tue 06/03/08 04:23 PM
August 26, 2003- the day my life changed forever.

knightless's photo
Sat 05/31/08 07:39 PM
Good night everyone, hope everyone sleeps well....flowerforyou

knightless's photo
Sat 05/31/08 06:01 PM
I think (THINK)- I know every level of stress there is..I swear...lol...Betty, at least you handle it well, it seems....:smile:

knightless's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:59 PM
Hi Connieflowerforyou ..hope the pills help you out some at least. I wish I knew which way you wanted the forum to head towards, maybe we can help get it in that direction..:smile:

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 19 20