Community > Posts By > Spidercmb

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:59 PM

How does me saying YOU couldn't understand ME smearing you.

Okay, so I'm not intelligent or emotionally mature to understand you. Got it.

Get over yourself, jesus!

Oh sweet irony, thy name is Lori.

I'm going to go shopping with my son and enjoy my day.

I hope you can get over yourself and ME and have a nice day too.

Don't flatter yourself, I'm having a fantastic day and you have nothing to do with it.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:54 PM

How does me saying YOU couldn't understand ME smearing you.

Okay, so I'm not intelligent or emotionally mature to understand you. Got it.

Get over yourself, jesus!

Oh sweet irony, thy name is Lori.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:31 PM

I think you took that VERY personal.

Can you explain to me how "I worry about humanity in ways you could never understand!" isn't a comment on my person?

"do you care about the millions"

Seems you wondered if i cared..

I won't leave flowers this time.

I get it, I asked a question and you get the right to smear my character. whoa

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:27 PM

The only way to help pay for the private prisons, other than sucking the money from taxpayers, is to run them as "for profit" work camps.

Private prisons are run through taxpayer dollars. They are contracted by the Government. The prisoners aren't slaves, they aren't forced into labor, they are still protected by the law and private prisons are held to a higher standard of treatment of the inmates than public prisons.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:26 PM

I think you took that VERY personal.

Can you explain to me how "I worry about humanity in ways you could never understand!" isn't a comment on my person?

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:15 PM
Edited by Spidercmb on Tue 06/12/12 12:19 PM

I worry about humanity in ways you could never understand!
Any system that profits off their fellow humans will fail
including the government.

You know that, because you know me so well. We've had so many long deep discussions of politics, economics and religion, right?

whoa

I see a lot of the same problems as you, just because my solutions aren't your solution doesn't make me a bad or insensitive or unknowledgeable person. You need to open your mind and stop judging people.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:12 PM

Because the inmates have no protection from the government on how they are treated. Also because the more prisoners they have the more they get paid therefore, they have no problem arresting you and tossing you in prison because its just good business.

And the tax payers end up paying the government who pays the prisons.

Eventually the prisoners will be used for cheap labor. Rounding up and arresting people and convicting them and putting them in prison is just another way of collecting (legally) HUMAN SLAVES.

Then, because prisoners work for very little or nothing, there will be less or no jobs for people outside.

If you can't see the problem with this you need to think on it a little more.

That is incredibly irrational.

The Government would have NO incentive to put innocent people into prison. So why would they get rounded up? Do you imagine that the Government would allow the prison to send out teams of man-catchers who illegally arrest and enslave people? While that might make a workable B-movie plot, it's just not possible in a democracy. Also, states can write the prison labor laws, not the private prisons. So if the state says that prisoners can't be used for for-profit labor, they can't be. Your whole scenario reeks of desperation to find a reason to oppose private prisons, but there is no rational intellectual basis on which to base your objections.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:07 PM

I love the idea of private prisons. I just think that most people who currently go to prison, shouldn't. What good is it to send a man to prison for non-payment of child support? Now, not only does the child not get the child support, but a citizen loses his job and the child loses his father. How about the prostitute who is simply trying to feed her drug habit? Should she have her freedom taken away for charging a fee for something she can give away freely? Why are drugs still illegal in the most free country in the world? Why do we lock up people simply because they want to put poison into their bodies? Violent / sex crimes and repeat offenders deserve prison time, all other crimes should be punished with community service.

I favor private prisons, because they can be run more cheaply and humanely and most importantly, there is less chance of corruption. Inmates are abused by guards in public prisons and they rarely have any recourse. With a private prison, the inmates can complain to the controlling Government authority and expect a rapid response.

Having worked for a state run prison I can tell you do not know what you are talking about. Inmates have too many rights while being incarcerated as far as I'm concerned. Here is something to think about and it is an absolute truth, if an inmate runs out of his/her cell and punches you then runs back into his/her cell and sits or lays down you as an officer cannot lay a finger on them. It goes so far that other officers must come remove the inmate from the cell and move them. If you retaliate, the inmate will sue you, the warden, the prison and the state. Its happened and the courts sided with the inmates because they are imprisoned 24 hrs a day and have no escape from their reality.

I have a close friend who worked in a prison. She told me what the prisons are like and how the inmates are treated. "Snitches get stitches". Those who are in protective custody, because they reported on another inmate, are in turn mistreated by the guards. Their food will sometimes be dropped on the floor and they have to eat it or go hungry. Overall, prisoner healthcare is so bad, it's rare to see anyone who has been an inmate for a long time who has all their teeth. She said they will go six months or more with a toothache, because they just won't get treated.

You have your anecdotes and she has hers, you'll have to pardon me for accepting hers as the gospel truth.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 12:02 PM

I love the idea of private prisons. I just think that most people who currently go to prison, shouldn't. What good is it to send a man to prison for non-payment of child support? Now, not only does the child not get the child support, but a citizen loses his job and the child loses his father. How about the prostitute who is simply trying to feed her drug habit? Should she have her freedom taken away for charging a fee for something she can give away freely? Why are drugs still illegal in the most free country in the world? Why do we lock up people simply because they want to put poison into their bodies? Violent / sex crimes and repeat offenders deserve prison time, all other crimes should be punished with community service.

I favor private prisons, because they can be run more cheaply and humanely and most importantly, there is less chance of corruption. Inmates are abused by guards in public prisons and they rarely have any recourse. With a private prison, the inmates can complain to the controlling Government authority and expect a rapid response.

It's a system set up to profit off other humans...
that makes it inappropriate.

Should we close down private schools, hospitals and grocery stores?

As I see it, private prisons provide a public service. I don't see how a private prison is any different from a public prison, except for the possible cost savings, the better conditions and the legal recourses available to the inmates for abusive guards.

Actually yes...the education system is corrupt.
The medical establishment is corrupt.
The majority of our food is poison and
even that system is corrupt.
Yep, shut it all down, start over.

A fish rots from the head. Our Government, which tells us every day that we should eat a high carb / low fat diet is killing us. Our Government prevents us from having potentially life saving drugs, while driving up the cost of the drugs that are available. Our Government makes deals with Public School unions, which protects them from being fired and gives them huge pensions and enviable benefits, even when they commit horrible crimes and also keeps bad teachers on the job and doesn't reward good teachers. There are firemen who can retire at 50 with full benefits and 90% of their salary AND WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!

But if we take away the hospitals, schools and grocery stores, do you worry about the millions who will suffer and die? What about the people who WANT private education or need medical attention or want to eat junk food? Do their rights count for nothing? Wouldn't it make more sense to cut back the Government to the constitutionally mandated powers and leave the rest for the people to decide?

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 11:52 AM

It's a system set up to profit off other humans...
that makes it inappropriate.

Should we close down private schools, hospitals and grocery stores?

As I see it, private prisons provide a public service. I don't see how a private prison is any different from a public prison, except for the possible cost savings, the better conditions and the legal recourses available to the inmates for abusive guards.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 11:34 AM

I thought it might be for Spider crumb ... so i got that wrong too.

I used to think it might be initials. See how confusing acronyms can be?

I am a man of mystery. shades

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 11:32 AM

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 10:02 AM

There is no missing "L", it's just SpiderCMB. What is a Spidercomb? scared

haha I have no idea, just trying
to read 'spidercmb' and interpret it.
'Spidercomb' is all that would fit for missing vowels.
Someone else told me it was 'spiderclimb'..
..I am sensing neither is right?

No, they are not. SpiderCMB is my first email address ever and was created nearly 20 years ago. The acronym was much more topical, though not relevant to me, back then. I'll just keep the acronym to myself, as it would take a lot of explaining for anyone to understand why I chose it.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 09:50 AM

It takes two to tangle. Love is sweeter when you meet as total stranger initially.

That's infatuation.

Love is best when it blossoms from friendship.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 09:48 AM

I love acronyms, my user name includes an acronym.

Yes, someone else had to explain to me what
a 'SpiderComb' was :-)
As you left out that necessary 'L.'

There is no missing "L", it's just SpiderCMB. What is a Spidercomb? scared

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 09:40 AM
I love acronyms, my user name includes an acronym.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 09:03 AM

Do you make assumptions about people here without knowing much about them? Do you assume based on what they've written in the forums? Or how they answer a certain question? Or, do you try to get to know people before making assumptions?

It's perfectly normal to make assumptions about people. It's a learned skill to not make assumptions, it does not come naturally.

I think we all make assumptions from time to time, sometimes we are right, but I would guess that we are more often wrong than right. At least that is my assumption.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 09:02 AM

For example, a guy recently wanted to know what was wrong with me, because I'm 33 and have not yet been married. He assumed there must have been something wrong, as he said most people get married before then.

I didn't see the conversation, but he could have meant it as a compliment. Something like "You are pretty and smart, why hasn't some guy snatched you up yet?"

no photo
Mon 06/11/12 08:33 PM

If you think someone is a scammer, report and block immediately, never respond to them.

For a cat, you do not like to bat mice around much. That is all on Mingle. I don't often go off Mingle and still I bat and bat the mice around. It's a sick thing I do.

A male scammer contacted me on Yahoo email on time. I proposed having a homosexual relationship with him in great detail. He quickly lost interest in my bank account information and cut off all contact. Broke my heart... :cry:

laugh

LMAO NOW I see what Ruth sees in you. LOL.

What can I say, she has excellent taste.

no photo
Mon 06/11/12 08:29 PM

If you think someone is a scammer, report and block immediately, never respond to them.

For a cat, you do not like to bat mice around much. That is all on Mingle. I don't often go off Mingle and still I bat and bat the mice around. It's a sick thing I do.

A male scammer contacted me on Yahoo email on time. I proposed having a homosexual relationship with him in great detail. He quickly lost interest in my bank account information and cut off all contact. Broke my heart... :cry:

laugh

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25