Community > Posts By > Spidercmb

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 06:55 AM
A father takes his daughter with him to the barber. The father is sitting in the chair, while the barber cuts his hair and his daughter stands very close by eating a snack cake. The barber says to the little girl "You know, you are going to get hair on your ho ho" and the little girl replies "I know and I'm going to get boobies too!"

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:35 PM

If I am correct, then this is the first example of God's mercy in the Bible. And goes further to show that the God of Abraham is forgiving and merciful.

Does anyone else have any opinion on this?

I feel I should remind you that you asked if anyone had an opinion on this. I think that occasionally that god may have shown some mercy, but that mercy and forgiveness was not something that came easy for him.

I asked for opinions. Your opinion is fine, just don't try to support it with fake scriptures.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:03 PM

"Your right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: your right hand, O LORD, has dashed in pieces the enemy." (King James)

"The God of Abraham" is primarily a God of War.

Forgiveness and mercy is not something he had a lot of.

That's close to being Exodus 15:6, which is still a song written by the Israelites. This is not attributed to God or the angels, so it's simply the Israelites praises for God saving them from Egypt. How you can take a song praising one facet of God's character as proof that God is a God of war would be puzzling, if I thought you cared about intellectual honesty.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:00 PM

If you want to argue about what is "real scripture" and what is not then start another thread.

No, this is my thread, I'm fine here. You posted a fake scripture. As in a scripture that isn't in the Bible. It's completely made up. It's BS. I'm not even going to worry about going through the rest of the garbage you posted, but I'm sure that I would find more fake scriptures. Intellectual honesty, it is lacking.

Why do you call it a fake scripture?

I've already explained this a couple times, but I'll say it again. IT'S NOT IN THE BIBLE. AT NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE ARE THOSE WORDS FOUND.

Exodus 15:3

The LORD is a warrior; The LORD is His name.

That's it. And it's not even attributed to God, it's part of a song the Israelites made up.

You should first, give the URL for wherever you are stealing your posts. And more importantly, maybe you should research them for validity before you paste them into the thread? It's called being intellectually honest.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 05:52 PM
The Last Rights of Joe May

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 05:51 PM

If you want to argue about what is "real scripture" and what is not then start another thread.

No, this is my thread, I'm fine here. You posted a fake scripture. As in a scripture that isn't in the Bible. It's completely made up. It's BS. I'm not even going to worry about going through the rest of the garbage you posted, but I'm sure that I would find more fake scriptures. Intellectual honesty, it is lacking.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 05:45 PM

God of war, YHWH

YHWH was understood as the divine warrior…YHWH intervened not only to help the army on the battlefield but He also marched in front of the king and soldiers…The victory after the battles was given to YHWH, and the spoils obtained were dedicated to YHWH and His treasures.

When the angels saw that God was waging war against the Egyptians on the sea, they came to His aid. Some came carrying swords and others carrying bows or lances. God said to them, “I do not need your aid, for when I go to battle, I go alone.” That is why it is said that Yahweh is a man of war (Exod. 15:3).

Your cut and paste has failed you again.

That is not a real scripture. Exodus 15:3 is part of a song that the Israelites wrote to celebrate God leading them out of Israel, so it's not even something that God said.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 05:37 PM

In the Jewish faith, the Mark of Cain is consider the first act of G-d's mercy.

Thank you, that is interesting.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 02:18 PM

Surveys and polls always slant left, no surprise there.

Always?

A bit of hyperbole, it's impossible to prove "always". But typically, yes, polls and surveys lean left. The reason is that those on the right value their time too much to take polls and surveys.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 01:18 PM

Read your own profile. You want an 18 to 36 year old to be a baby mill. Your profile comes off really negative. For a 47 year old man to snag a 18-36 year, he better be rich and good looking and charming. Unless, he plans on being played.

That is an awfully negative spin to put on his profile. Totally uncalled for.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 01:15 PM
Surveys and polls always slant left, no surprise there.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 10:57 AM

(don't worry I'm calm now)

.........You have a booger hanging out of your nose and your so called friend doesn't even tell you about it until the end of the day.

Simple solution: Look in the mirror whenever you go to the bathroom. Hygiene is called personal for a reason. :wink: It's awkward to tell someone when they have a bat in the cave.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 10:53 AM

"I enjoy staying up late at night, and watching my woman sleep".

I used to do that, but then she woke up and started screaming things like "Who are you" and "What are you doing in my bedroom". Women can be such drama queens...

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 09:14 AM

Ok, if I get this correct.
War is hell, war is bad.
Then, we should never go to war again? For any reason?

I never said that. War, like Government, is a necessary evil.

So we invade countries, take over their oil fields, then because they are ours we kill the population to protect them.... so Americans don't starve.....

Makes perfect sense!

That is not only a straw man, but it has never happened and a democracy like ours wouldn't allow it to happen.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 09:08 AM

Ok, if I get this correct.
War is hell, war is bad.
Then, we should never go to war again? For any reason?

I never said that. War, like Government, is a necessary evil.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 09:07 AM

If your going to glorify war..you need to take a closer look.

"War is hell." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Correct me if I am wrong but are you the one who said that killing was OK for Economic advantage

No, I never said that. I never wrote that. I said that oil is worth going to war for, because without oil millions of Americans would die of starvation and disease. I don't believe we should go to war to steal oil, but we should definitely go to war to protect our oil suppliers or the flow of oil through international waters. This isn't the way I want things to be, but I'm a realist. Open up our own oil fields and we won't have to go to war over oil ever again.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 08:18 AM

If your going to glorify war..you need to take a closer look.

"War is hell." - William Tecumseh Sherman

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 02:36 PM

I don't think I have anyone blocked, but I don't know how to find out. I can see a woman needing that functionality far more than a man.

Try this:
http://mingle2.com/blockeduser/list
It is in Mail in your headings
"Blocked Users".

Thank you.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 02:21 PM
I don't think I have anyone blocked, but I don't know how to find out. I can see a woman needing that functionality far more than a man.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 01:33 PM
Genesis 4:11-12 details the curse that was put upon Cain for murdering his brother Abel.

And now [art] thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

But in Genesis 17, we see that Cain had a son and built the world's first city named after him.

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Some people believe that Cain was unrepentant, but I see Cain as a repentant man, who later had his curse lifted, possibly when he realized the value of human life because of the birth of his son.

This would explain why in Genesis 4:15, God puts a mark on Cain to protect him from retaliation.

And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

If I am correct, then this is the first example of God's mercy in the Bible. And goes further to show that the God of Abraham is forgiving and merciful.

Does anyone else have any opinion on this?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25