Community > Posts By > Spidercmb

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:27 PM
Every relationship takes effort. LDRs can last and turn into a permanent relationship, it just takes more effort to reach that point.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:22 PM
Edited by Spidercmb on Sun 06/10/12 09:39 PM

I'm not sure I can even ask the right question.

I understand lust. I understand commitment. I understand trust. I understand the desire to care for and protect another. I understand how your heart may flutter when you're with someone. But, is that love? Is that all it is? Do people stay together for 60 years (like my mom and dad did) because of love? Or is it an act of the will?

Help me out, please.

Do I believe in an emotion called love that just drives two people together and magically holds them there? No. Love is the act of constantly rekindling your feelings of affection towards your partner and not letting those feelings die out. Love is a choice, it takes dedication and hard work to make it work.

Imagine two wells, one full and one empty. The full well represents your capacity to love and the empty well represents your love for a particular person. The act of love is to take water from the full well and move it to the empty well with a bucket. Every day, you have to take that bucket of water from the full well to the empty well. Some days, it will be easy and the bucket will be huge. Some days it will be hard and the bucket will be the size of a teaspoon. Each of those buckets don't amount to much by themselves, but in time what started as infatuation will become so much richer and deeper than you ever expected it could be. All that it takes is hard work.

Love is the conscience effort to remain infatuated with the same person. It used to be that everyone did that, they picked a mate and made the relationship work. Today, divorce is too easy and people break up too freely. People expect love to come naturally and freely and that is just not the reality.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:56 PM

Can't wait to get moved into my new apartment.

Did you find a place?

Yes, I did.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 04:25 PM

How much space do we really need?

The word "need" sets my teeth on edge, especially when it's used with an indefinite pronoun. I suppose to live, we only need a coffin sized space. A more relevant question would be "How much space do you want?" or better yet "How much space can you afford?"

I don't know about you, but I'd NEED more than a coffin sized space to feel comfortable. Moreover, I NEED enough space for my clothes, grooming items etc. More than I need would indeed be a want.

But, maybe you're a man like Hamlet who said "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space..."

You are talking wants now, not needs. Need in this case would be the absolute necessity for sustaining life. You could live in a coffin. You wouldn't have enough room for your things, you wouldn't be comfortable, but you could live. You are talking about quality of life, which is where wants come in. You want more space. You want closets for your clothes.

That's why I am uncomfortable with that word.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 04:20 PM
I don't think I've seen those commercials, I watch all my TV / Movies via digital streaming, so I don't have to watch commercials. Even chances that some Government money (ie your taxes) went to help pay for that commercial.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 04:08 PM

How much space do we really need?

The word "need" sets my teeth on edge, especially when it's used with an indefinite pronoun. I suppose to live, we only need a coffin sized space. A more relevant question would be "How much space do you want?" or better yet "How much space can you afford?"

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 04:02 PM

God has your whole life in mind when he directs you.

If God has been directing me, He's got some 'splainin' to do.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 04:00 PM

are you looking for a wife or husband?

Sorry man, but I'm only interested in women.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 03:22 PM
John Carter, The Journey 2 and Balls of Fury.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 03:21 PM
Can't wait to get moved into my new apartment.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 03:15 PM
No, I've never experienced that, but I'm sorry for your loss or rather your new awareness of your loss. flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 03:13 PM
Absolutely, there are some things that I would be happier not knowing.

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 06:45 PM

man people are getting to serious to complicated i especially the ladies there getting to tense not all tho some are really cool but the rest frustrated

But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

IDK which is worse that we both know that song, or that you actually posted the lyrics. :P lol

That's a song? I was just saying what girls like.

The problem with having fun is that sometimes You gotta fight, for your right, to paaaaaaaaaarty! You gotta fight.

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 06:42 PM
I'm jealous that the sun will be kissing you in six months.

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 06:39 PM

man people are getting to serious to complicated i especially the ladies there getting to tense not all tho some are really cool but the rest frustrated

But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 09:53 PM

Here is the vid.

I saw he was telling a lez/bj joke.

His facial expression was one of looking at how the crowd took it so, he would know what his next move was.

With Michell, that does mean push-ups as well.<<< His quote.

See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ekZ7wW_Tbc

He was angry at how the crowd took that statement, which was the lead-in to the joke of "I want to set the record straight, Michelle outdoes me in pushups as well."

With Michell, that does mean push-ups as well.<<< His quote.

Nope, you didn't transcribe that correctly. See what I wrote above.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 07:31 PM
The Marines are amazing people. That is a touching and inspiring story.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 07:29 PM

I'd maybe leave out the "b!tches" part, maybe use a better word.

I had the same thought.

There's that and you could change your orientation to looking for a man, I would like your profile more then.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 07:06 PM
Keep your chins up ladies, I'll be over 40 next year.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 06:43 PM
Burger King ill

When my kids are here, they end up making all of our dining decisions.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25