Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:13 PM
In light of the above explanation, I correct my answer to say that I "choose" to make my version of Buddhism a philosophy because I believe the religion is intertwined with a deity and thus separate from philosophy.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:11 PM
So are you asking people to rate your profile, or are you asking more of a "general discussion" type question? One that would be "generally discussed." Perhaps in a different forum. huh

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:09 PM

because I would love to have dinner with you .... :heart:

Oh you're just playing with me now! How does standing me up for dinner prove that you would love to have dinner with me?!
Quite the contrary, I would think!

I see what this "new friend" has done to you. grumble

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:05 PM
Lol "I'm not interested in you" can seem like a bit of a harsh rebuke. If you give a reason like "you're far away" or "our interests seem too far apart" that usually softens the blow and makes it seem like you had a reason besides looks and/or cockiness to turn the girl down.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:04 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Thu 02/28/08 10:04 PM

Is Budhism a religion or philosophy? ilive where budhha attained enlightnment and have found people asking this question frequently.

I've found that there are multiple approaches to buddhism. It can be either a religion, a philosophy, or both...depending on which approach you take to it.

The buddhism which I practice is entirely a philosophy. In this approach, the buddha was not a martyr nor a saint, but merely an enlightened being who is demonstrating an effective means towards gaining inner peace. The goal is not to worship any being, but rather to find a way in which to place yourself in harmony with the world and all of its creatures, beings, and energy.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:01 PM
Yeah that's what dictionary.com tells me.

So how is that the reason why you stood me up?!

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:59 PM
its also because ive seen both men and women who have husbands and wives die.And its pretty devestating watching some of them fall to the ground crying uncontrollably.

I can only imagine.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:58 PM

Purlieu is the problem ...

Purlieu? And who/what is that?

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:52 PM

NOWAY! ive fought along side of them in battle when i was in the marines,and they are just too emotional and most are dumb to even go in when they have a husband and kids.

So is it automatically dumb and wrong for a man who has a wife and/or kids to be fighting?
yep

Fair enough...as long as you're consistent with the argument. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:50 PM
Drink up and enjoy your night, my man. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:48 PM

congrats shoes! drinker

I...umm...did my taxes and finished 3rd in quizzo at the bar. If that counts for anything?

Lol well of course it counts ... you got recognized for your master brain power - to be a vanquisher ( that is just for you Soxs)is a wonderful thing ...

Lol shoes, you're popular AND a sweetheart. Classy, that's all I can say.

(But you stood me up for dinner! laugh )

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:43 PM

NOWAY! ive fought along side of them in battle when i was in the marines,and they are just too emotional and most are dumb to even go in when they have a husband and kids.

So is it automatically dumb and wrong for a man who has a wife and/or kids to be fighting?

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:41 PM
congrats shoes! drinker

I...umm...did my taxes and finished 3rd in quizzo at the bar. If that counts for anything?

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:35 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Thu 02/28/08 05:36 PM

if you wear Lascoste. I'll show up at the bar you're at and prove to you that it works.:wink:

Well now I know what to tell my mom to get next year for xmas! Haha. :tongue:

Ok, off to the bar...in the name of research! laugh laugh

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:34 PM

hope you like highschoolers :wink:

That's my worry...luckily they don't tend to hang out in bars.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:31 PM
Here's the deal: I'm heading to the bar and I'll wear axe body spray (that was a very well intentioned, if not misplaced, gift from my mother for xmas) and see if it gets more attention than my regular cologne does.

That will be the final test, haha.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:25 PM

lacoste cologne smells wonderful...
a guy wearing that will have my undivided attention.

*Calling my broker to get lacoste stocks before the JSH men read the above* smokin

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:23 PM

yes and isn't it a cowinky dink... grumble

Hey Indn. You missed my "broad" joke earlier. I was expecting to be trounced. You're off your game. flowerforyou

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:22 PM

I like Axe!!!bigsmile

Axe "Essence" is ok, "Vice" is unbearable. IMO.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:21 PM

i like the smell of axe!

Doh! grumble