Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:28 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Thu 02/28/08 02:31 PM

Ohio's state motto:

The :heart: of it all!

Sox~ I'm really not kidding.

First off...the burger and Sam Adams were downright scrumptious.

Secondly, it's still not as bad a West Virginia: "We're one big family here. Really."

Ok fine I made that one up.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:25 PM
Lol, I've got league tryout in a few weeks if anyone wants to come tryout to see how easy it is! happy smokin

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:19 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! noway noway noway

Oh please dear God I hope that doesn't happen. They have their priorities so messed up. As much as a legit #1 receiver would be nice...we need a different damn quarterback! The problem won't be solved until we get "knee-jerk" McNabb out of there. grumble

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:18 PM
Dear Happybone - With absolutely NO ill intention meant by this... I think we'd all appreciate it if you didn't quote the entire original post when it is a page long.

Cheers. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:16 PM

6?! How did you get 6?

i played hockey for a while, and sport with guys...and i tend to hit my head alot

Crazy, they usually don't let you play anymore after 4. I had to fight to still play after my third.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:15 PM

Some people like it some don't, for the people who don't its understandable that ya don't know what goes on in a baseball game, if I was in a Nascar forum I would be clueless.

But you probably wouldn't go into a NASCAR thread and declare to every NASCAR fan and/or driver that it was super simple and easy. Haha. laugh laugh

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:13 PM

Then of course you wind up making time for them, if they're really that awesome.

Ummm.. yup! That can happened. Then you move to Ohio...

So I hear. Best of luck with that. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:10 PM
6?! How did you get 6?

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:08 PM

it was like highschool..i played soccer and hockey up untill like i was 15...then i decided to play baseball...and the guys in the league were pretty dam good...i didnt think it took too much...

Alright well I'm definitely not trying to evaluate anyone's talent levels here, but I can definitively say that it is very hard to play baseball on a highly competitive level. It's just my opinion, of course, but for an example...suppose you were driving 65 mph and something jumped out 60 ft. in front of you. Odds are, you would be able to quickly jerk your steering wheel in the time before you got there. But now imagine that it's 80-85 miles per hour, and instead of a small turn of the steering wheel, you have to swing a 2 lb stick and hit a ball the size of your fist (which most likely will not be coming in a straight line).

I respectfully submit that it is very hard.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:05 PM

The easiest way to get a girl? Don't look for one. I know that doesn't make sense but it works. Don't be rude or anything but just don't be an AVID looker. Meaning hitting on every thing is a skirt. Just sit somewhere, strike up a conversation with the bartender, Don't completly ignor woman...but don't act like its the first time you seen the grand canyone with the "oh my god" she's talking to me. Sit their enjoy your beer, or whatever you happen to be drinking. And wait. Trust me it works.

He's right. And it sucks when you're really not trying to meet women AT ALL. That's when you find someone awesome and you kick yourself because you don't have time or something. Haha.

Then of course you wind up making time for them, if they're really that awesome. :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:00 PM
For the record, it's: concussion.

It's one of the few things I remember after having 3 of them :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:59 PM

Brenda - Baseball is an incredibly difficult sport. I believe that it is ranked second or third in least amount of reaction time available to players (behind Indy racing/NASCAR and possibly cricket).

ok i played baseball before...it didnt take to much...

When i say baseball i mean baseball...i was the only Girl in the league..

Ok are we talking about when you were 10 years old, or at an advanced level?

I'm talking about semi-pro levels here, and there is a lot of skill and strategy involved (again, I admit there is less strategy than other sports, but not less skill).

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:58 PM

never liked baseball,i like sports where you have to come up with tactics to win

As a diehard baseball fan, I have to chime in that there are some tactics and strategy involved...although I admit that the strategy aspect of baseball is far less than most other major sports.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:55 PM
Good guy - I disagree, I think the schedule is appropriate as it stands now. Because baseball is a game where any given team can win on any given night if the pitcher is having a great or bad game (regardless how good or bad the team behind them is), it is necessary to have a long season to accurately separate the teams which can win consistently from the teams that have one or two good pitchers and win on those days.

Brenda - Baseball is an incredibly difficult sport. I believe that it is ranked second or third in least amount of reaction time available to players (behind Indy racing/NASCAR and possibly cricket).

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:49 AM

Yes I do realize!

And that's why I'm always at the damn gym whenever I'm not at the bar!

laugh laugh
laugh laugh

And because of the jalapeno bacon double cheddar big mouth burgers blushing blushing grumble

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:47 AM
Ok seriously I'm starving. I'll see you all later (or at Chili's as it may be smokin )

**Heads to chili's**

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:44 AM
Yes I do realize!

And that's why I'm always at the damn gym whenever I'm not at the bar!

laugh laugh

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:41 AM

ugh I had to sell my soul to get sox tickets last year (against the yankees). Best day ever tho. Id love to go again this year but I got suckered last time into paying 175 dollars a piece for ****ty seats so I think ill just let someone else do all that dirty work haha.

So where in Maine do you come up to? glasses

Yea I managed to pilfer a ticket to one of their playoff games against the Angels (the one that manny hit the walk off HR in the bottom of the 9th...I thought I was going to die haha). Went to Boston and back in 24 hours. Great times.

My grandmother owns 3 cabins on Sebago Lake (about 40 minutes NE of Portland). My friends and I head up there for a week or so in the summer and hit up Portland at least once or twice, and Old Orchard Beach of course. smokin

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:35 AM

Humm I would think that it would not but funny how it seems that the ones that I know that have a wide variety of music and can recite names artist ect are a tad smarter. But to me it has nothing to do with the type of music they like per say.bigsmile

Possibly a correlation between intelligence and people who have a diverse variety of favorite music?

You may be on to something here.

But that's only because I have a diverse taste in music and it would be nice to have scientific evidence that maybe I'm smarter than a 5th grader. :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:31 AM

I just realized your screenname shares a very common awesome word as is in mine :) We could always meet at fenway and get a 7 dollar beer in a 4 ounce plastic cup?? :)

I'll be at Fenway at least a handful of times this year, for sure.

Plus I'll be up in your neck of the woods at least once before summer, and then for about a week sometime in July or August on vacation. drinker