Community > Posts By > GentleS0ul

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 08:27 AM

I did the special ornaments while the kids were growing up and still have some of them.. But now it's all about the color scheme I have on the tree.. Plus all the villages I have collected through the years..

Due to re painting some rooms and more to go this year again I'm not dragging all the stuff out.. Next year I will I have enough stuff that almost every room is decorated except my bedroom which I plan on getting a comforter set for it by next year..

Painting is a game changer. I wouldn't drag them out either.
It wouldn't make sense to complicate painting or renovating. No need to create stress over the holidays.
As long as you enjoy Christmas in a tastefully decorated home it is all good.
Next year might be different. Maybe you will even consider decorating all rooms in your home. But that's next year...too early to make any plans.

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 08:24 AM
I am not sure how many people still have the ornaments from 1930es or older ones, but there is a story behind each one of them. For example, miniature detailed Lionel train ornaments.

Lionel trains almost run out of business during the depression years in 1930es, but one Hallmark ornament saved the company.

The Christmas Hallmark ornaments made their debut in 1996. As of 2002 there are seven collector’s series ornaments, with a new one apparently coming out every Christmas season. If you enjoy decorating your tree with beautiful ornaments, these are about as nice and detailed as you can get.

The first in this series is the 700E Hudson Steam Locomotive, which was issued in 1996. The actual train was made in “O” Gauge in 1937, it was die-cast and the favorite of Lionel owner, Joshua Lionel Cowen.

This ornament was inspired by Walt Disney and is a Mickey and Minnie Mouse hand car that was the Christmas sensation for Lionel in 1934, during the middle of the depression. Joshua Lionel Cowen, it is said, told people if it wasn’t for this hand car which sold for $1.00, Lionel Trains would have gone out of business. It was the Train that saved Lionel

It is very nice! Perhaps it can be found in one of small antique stores or on E-Bay? I found some old ornaments on garage sails and in second hand stores. When I brought them home I found out they were older than me! Wow, what a surprise! :-)

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 08:00 AM
Yes, that's a nice family tradition. Something old, something new.
realcarebear your children will do it some day too.
I miss making Christmas ornaments and cards with my family. And sharing Christmas dinner... We live in different countries now. Not just countries. Different continents.
But nice memories shall never fade away.Your kids will have those memories too. : -)

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 07:52 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sat 11/26/16 07:57 AM

I have Christmas decorations that I have had for 25 years and keep adding to them.. Never throw them away..bigsmile

Same here TxsGal3333.

I do my best to gently put away the glass ornaments, but they are so fragile. No idea how some of them broke... and they were beyond repair.
So I had to toss them away. :-(
Do you have SPECIAL ornaments too? A first Christmas together or an anniversary ornaments? Pets?
I like those ornaments too. This one would be a nice gift as well.

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 07:39 AM

who in here thinks that risking getting caught cheating is worth it because its so freaking hot!

Which reply would be better - tell you later or no answer? According to your profile you seem to like both. Not funny at all.
And your question wasn't a joke either.

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 07:04 AM
I like glass ornaments too, but just like you catinidaho, I 've lost quite a few over the years.
Once they are broken they are BROKEN.
Sure, superglue can help, but it just seem to prefer to stick to my hands, work desk...anything but where it should STAY, instead of leaking all over the place. :- )
I just used it on one snowflake and after seeing the result decided to toss it away. It didn't look good.
As a Star Wars fan I might get a new Hallmark ornament this year
I liked this one.

Who am I kidding? I am probably going to get more than just one. :- D

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 07:02 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sat 11/26/16 07:03 AM
Oh those Christmas lights sometimes shut down at the worst possible moment. TMommy thanks for reminding me to check the lights first before I do anything else.
Last year I replaced the fuse and they worked like a charm. Maybe they will malfunction again, who knows... It wouldn't surprise me! LOL

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 11:08 AM

It's always weird during the silly season. I miss my kids on the holidays but that's about it. I enjoy my own company as opposed to that of a self-entitled, selfish and mean woman, and that's 95% of 'em. laugh
so you can enjoy your turkey knowing you're your own man with all the choices and opportunities you allow yourself to be open to. But most of all, enjoy this day and everyday that the Lord has made for it is unique and temporary.

Hmm, I am not sure about those options you mentioned...
Certain attitudes limit the choices, as well as options. I don't think anyone looks forward to dealing some things, which leaves you an option to enjoy your own company. Every day. Not just over the holidays.
However, that is your opinion and you are entitled to have one.
Just like everyone else on his forum.

Well that's mighty nice of you. Thank you.

You are welcome.

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 10:56 AM

Some topics shall never die. :- D
You can't spell fundamentalism without fun. LOL

Very true! And, as long as we remain vigilant, and don't allow fundamentalists (Of any belief system.) to gain too much power and influence, it can remain fun. No beheadings, or scourgings, or time on the rack for me, thanks!

Similarly, you can't spell believer without lie.
Note that I am not accusing individual believers of lying, rather it is they who have been lied to. I learned this the hard way myself.

I have come to similar conclusions. : -)
People shall believe what ever they choose to believe.
When "isms" and oppression are out of an equation we can even have fun.
I can't join some discussions easily because I developed a condition - an allergy to "isms", except tourism.

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 10:43 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Fri 11/25/16 10:45 AM
OK, maybe it is a bit early to begin decorating...

My ornaments are still in the basement neatly tucked in, waiting to brighten up the holidays again.

I might buy few new ones and make some too.

White clay I recently bought might be used for making few simple and elegant ornaments.

I liked this design suggestion.

You can find variety of easy, affordable holiday Christmas Ornament Crafts here: http://www.familyholiday.net/handmade-polymer-clay-christmas-ornament-crafts-for-holidays/

P.S.
It is a pity Minglers seem to be too shy to share their ideas.
Well, maybe later... To be seen.

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 09:47 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Fri 11/25/16 09:48 AM
Do you buy new Christmas decorations every year or you store them, reuse them and maybe add the new ones?

Or you create nice ornaments and Christmas cards alone or with family and friends?

How are you going to do it this year? Same as the last year(s) or not?

What would you change about Christmas decorating?

Feel free to post photos if you have the hand made decorations.

I think it is always good to try something new and exchange opinions and ideas.

Let's share some. : - )

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 09:35 AM
Some topics shall never die. :- D
You can't spell fundamentalism without fun. LOL

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 09:18 AM

It's always weird during the silly season. I miss my kids on the holidays but that's about it. I enjoy my own company as opposed to that of a self-entitled, selfish and mean woman, and that's 95% of 'em. laugh
so you can enjoy your turkey knowing you're your own man with all the choices and opportunities you allow yourself to be open to. But most of all, enjoy this day and everyday that the Lord has made for it is unique and temporary.

Hmm, I am not sure about those options you mentioned...
Certain attitudes limit the choices, as well as options. I don't think anyone looks forward to dealing some things, which leaves you an option to enjoy your own company. Every day. Not just over the holidays.
However, that is your opinion and you are entitled to have one.
Just like everyone else on his forum.

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 08:44 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Fri 11/25/16 08:56 AM

I don't know why I keep go to these site ** there women here but they cheat on there BF I looking for single 60 and over & I always get female young enough to be my Grand daughter **I want a women looking for Love not Sex there a big difference

Excuse me, but I have never met a seventy-something-years-old sex symbol who has to shake off ladies chasing him for a purpose of a sexual pleasure. And they are also willing to be constantly reminded that your grandchildren, who are living with you, are always on the first place?

What are you saying here? That younger generations of ladies are sexually obsessed by men who could be their grandfathers?
All younger women are scammers and/or gold diggers?

Not a unique type of statement on this forum...there are lots of people with such a negative attitude, which makes me wonder why they joined the site. To truly seek and find a real person they are compatible with or to put down those who wouldn't even look at them? Payback? Or what is it about???

Also, in your other comment you mentioned not having an option of messaging for free on this site, which completely surprised me. I have never heard anyone complaining about that on Mingle2.

Sorry, but none of your statements sounded right...
I wish you all the best on your quest. If your words match your true attitude and it wasn't just a rant based on a frustrating experience, you will need it.

Take care.

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 08:15 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Fri 11/25/16 09:02 AM

I want a relationship with someone that's gonna treat me right im tired of being single any takers :sob:

So you're feeling lonely. That's not because you're alone, it's because you don't have enough to do to occupy your time. What makes you think a relationship will help?
Get a hobby, learn a new language, make new friends. Get a dog. I swear you'll start feeling better soon.

I second that! To simplify: Get a life. Your own.
Being pathetic works only if you want to chase everyone away.
If that's what you want, just continue whining.
Or, as an alternative, you can take an excellent advice quoted above and have much better results.
Your choice.

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 08:07 AM

Something that you may see fairly often in forums like this, are people loudly and confidently proclaiming that anyone who isn't ready to meet them face to face within at most, two emails, should be discarded as a "time waster."

This is bravado on their part, there are never any rules to this stuff. In non-online interactions, you'll also run across people who have established a sequence of expectations as well, and they will try to make you feel like you are standing in the way of the forces of nature itself if you refuse to go along.

This is because SOME people want to turn everything into an industrial process, including human relations. Ignore them. They are doing that, because it artificially makes them feel more in control of their lives, much like prejudice of any kind does.

The important thing is, to find and follow whatever process and pace makes YOU feel that YOU are on the right path for yourself. Not either rushed, OR slowed down. Let them follow THEIR instincts, for THEIR lives. If that means that every now and then, someone who you were attracted to ends up rushing by, don't fret. The fact that they were intent on moving at that speed, and oblivious to your sensibilities, means that they would not have been compatible with you even if you HAD set aside your boundaries and considerations.

Excellent advice and applicable not only on dating sites, but in a real life situations as well.

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 07:34 PM
E-cigarette and a phone. Lights are off. It is late, so it will be an inside of my eyelids soon. Good night! : -)

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 07:30 PM
Hmmm maybe they run out of stock LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist! Smart A**...I know, I know! :-D And, no, I don't think I can be of an assistance.

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 01:53 PM
Not bad having in mind what I am currently dealing with.
I am glad I CAN deal with challenges and thankful for that.
Also, a bit sad.
I might loose another person I love...parents do not live forever, but their love does. It is the purest form of love.
Dealing with a chronic pain is a challenge on its own, but now an additional health problem just had to test my limits.
Oh well, patience and persistence has served me before. Time to remind myself I have been trough tough time before and simply keep going.
The best part is that I stopped caring about people don't care about me. We are not in each others picture to begin with. Perhaps it is just a natural result of maturing. Now THAT makes it easier. : - p

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 01:30 PM
It seems that Internet is full of people who became a real put-down-artists skillfully hiding behind so called observations and well-meant "friendly advice".
It is truly sad that such people don't dare to demonstrate any type of a similar behavior in the real world, because they know they would suffer the consequences. Perhaps that's why they are still single.
Ha ha! : -D
It is often better not to make any cynical comments than to put down someone who is already feeling sad because (s)he is alone for holidays.
As for a balance, there is either a two way street or a dead end.
If takers don't put a limit, givers certainly won't bother to do so.
Not allowing to be used has nothing to do with living in the past. Actually, it has nothing to do with the past at all, except one thing maybe... a lesson learned for the future.
Many divorced and separated people, who are still single will probably understand what I was talking about.
That was my 5 cents OP.
Try to enjoy your holidays on your own as much as you can. Better alone than with a wrong company. ;- )