Community > Posts By > GentleS0ul

no photo
Tue 11/08/16 07:41 AM
Correct observation. I am in neutral position now.

no photo
Tue 11/08/16 07:37 AM
Personality, neat appearance and proper manners.

no photo
Tue 11/08/16 07:21 AM
That is a very nice into. And profile too.
Good luck! :-)

no photo
Tue 11/08/16 07:01 AM
I wonder how many "hi" messages I am going to get after updating my profile.

It doesn't even matter what's inside.

If there were no mail settings I would get messages from men who could be either my sons or my fathers by age. And from other continents as well.

Men should be aware of the fact that they are not the only ones dealing with unwanted attention.

I used to be kind, reply to everyone...and eventually got tired of two word messages from men who just browse photos and decide to say the usual "hi" when they see what they like.

I am not actively looking for anyone now, but I will leave the profile as is, because it really doesn't matter what's inside.

Majority of men don't read them anyways. It is not an opinion, but a fact based on my experience.

Does anyone here seriously believe that profile which clearly states what I want and what I don't shall prevent people who are obviously not a match from contacting me?

I don't. LOL

Back to forums. That's why I came back to Mingle, to begin with. :-)

no photo
Tue 11/08/16 01:00 AM

Do you honestly believe you can tell this with nothing but a picture and a few words in a profile? And maybe some messages between you?

What people call "chemistry" isn't a single thing, and in particular, it doesn't come to us in a single set quantity.

Look. No one, even the silliest amongst us, who talk about looking for chemistry, are nearly as simplistic and decisive about it as the opening question presumes. Even the most boastful of us who claim to know at a glance, that things will or wont work with someone, don't really deal with people in our lives that way.

But down to the details of JUST the profiles, and JUST a short conversation: it's a STAGE. We develop all relationships in stages, or by degrees. Only the nuttiest or least self-observant people, think they really "fall in love at first sight."

What people actually do is, they build up a set of expectations and associations. People who think they fall in love at first sight, for example, are actually falling in love with a construct of the perfect mate, that they have (often unconsciously) assembled over time. NOT with the actual person.

And when someone REJECTS someone early on, or just by looking at the profile and having short conversations, they are ALSO doing so by comparing what they experience of the other person, with the collective assemblage of data they have built up by that time, only this time, they find what many call "red flags."

So maybe they say "chemistry is wrong or absent," as a way to decline further involvement.

And it is completely legitimate, because the "chemistry" data they have, really ISN'T just based on the short online conversation and the profile, it's based on the person's entire life experiences and personal desires.

So.

The short and simple way of saying ALL that, in answering the opening question, is:

yes, absolutely, I not only believe, but I have actually directly experienced myself, being able to derive enough from a short conversation and a profile and a picture, whether or not it is worth risking both peoples' time, to see whether or not ANOTHER stage might be possible with this person.

Our past experiences shape our future decisions? That makes sense.
However, Murphy's Law says:" A failure will not appear until the unit has passed final inspection."

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 11:27 PM

cats and boxes. there is a secret chemistry in between them lol

"was"? i am afraid to ask, but what happened to him?

He lived about 15 years, which is 100 in human age before he run out of all cats lives. Old age. I wish he lived longer. I knew someone whose cat lived 18 years.

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 08:29 AM

dsafj lol

They just love cardboard boxes. Mine did exactly the same thing! LOL
He was a great cat...

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 08:23 AM

China creates world’s fastest computer without relying on US hardware for first time

A Chinese supercomputer has been named the world's fastest computer for the seventh year in a row – but unlike previous winners, this year's champion uses only Chinese-designed processors, representing a decline of US dominance in the field.

The new titleholder, the Sunway TaihuLight at the National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi, was developed by China's National Research Center of Parallel Computer Engineering & Technology.

The supercomputer uses Chinese-developed ShenWei processors, “ending any remaining speculation that China would have to rely on Western technology to compete effectively in the upper echelons of supercomputing," said a statement by the TOP500 project ranking the world's fastest supercomputers.

It is capable of 93 petaflops, or quadrillion calculations per second, according to TOP500. It was designed for use in engineering and research, including in the fields of climate, weather, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and data analytics.

The TaihuLight will be introduced at the International Supercomputing Conference in Frankfurt, Germany, on Tuesday.

"As the first No. 1 system of China that is completely based on homegrown processors, the Sunway TaihuLight system demonstrates the significant progress that China has made in the domain of designing and manufacturing large-scale computation systems," Guangwen Yang, director of the Wuxi center, was quoted as saying in the TOP500 statement.

Other countries with computers in the Top 10 were Japan, Switzerland, Germany, and Saudi Arabia.

In addition to beating out US computers, China also surpassed the US for the first time as the country with the most supercomputers in the top 500. China had 167 systems and the US had 165. Japan took third place with 29 systems.

China's developments serve as evidence of dwindling US dominance in the field, with TOP500 organizers saying: “Considering that just 10 years ago, China claimed a mere 28 systems on the list, with none ranked in the top 30, the nation has come further and faster than any other country in the history of supercomputing.”

Defined as a computer that performs at or near the highest operational rate for computers, supercomputers are one of a series of technologies being used by China's ruling Communist Party for development. The technologies have received huge financial support in the country.

http://www.rt.com/news/347620-china-supercomputer-sunway-taihulight/

------------------
Scientists successfully test ‘biological supercomputer’ performing complex tasks
Published time: 29 Feb, 2016

Researchers have taken on the problem of reducing a super computer the size of a basketball field to that of a book. The answer is “biocomputers” – incredibly powerful machines capable of performing multiple calculations with a fraction of energy.

According to study coordinator Heiner Linke, who heads nanoscience at Lund University in Sweden, “a biocomputer requires less than one percent of the energy an electronic transistor needs to carry out one calculation step.”

http://www.rt.com/news/347620-china-supercomputer-sunway-taihulight/
* More on link*

Impressive!!!

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 07:45 AM

Usually their outfit gives them away...miner's safety hat, etc. happy

Mental detector can be handy too. LOL

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 07:07 AM

Quote:

My behavior is the same both online and offline

Quote:

Mine almost is.... I use profanity in real life.
It is wonderful & colorful smokin

rofl

I don't use profanity and do not consider using the only language some people understand rude at all.
When I tell someone to F** O** it is not a swear at all, just a very short two word manual such a person is capable of mentally processing.

I see you are taking a break from Mingle.
You can still follow the forum. All the best wherever you are.

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 03:30 AM

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 03:28 AM

I came looking to date, now I'm just looking to Mingle waving

Hello inni_dreamz

I like Mingle's forums too. :-)

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 02:35 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Mon 11/07/16 02:50 AM
I had a neighbor who had a tough life and worked hard to become a successful business owner. His life experience turned him into a bitter and grumpy man.

I bought him a coffee few times I bumped into him, hoping it might cheer him up a bit. I didn't assume that sharing a coffee would turn into a ritual.

He NEVER got me a coffee, nor I expected it. But if we bumped into each other in that coffee shop he tried to avoid being close to the register. He would ALWAYS excuse himself, go looking for newspapers or washroom or something. He would get his coffee and pull a chair to join me with the usual how are you doing hun, weather I invited him or not and than rant, rant, rant and rant some more mostly about woman...

His favorite rants were about gold diggers.BTW, I have never seen him in that coffee shop with a woman. Any woman.

After a while I begun avoiding him and moved to a different coffee shop.

I wonder what was that gold diggers rant all about? Maybe it was just his way of cutting any expectations in advance. Even a cup of coffee was too much to expect.

This experience made me a bit skeptical about men who are sweet talkers, calling ladies hun while complaining about gold diggers and shaking over spending $1,25 for a coffee someone other than them might enjoy.

P.S.

Once I payed for both because he RUN to a register to stand behind me and than looked helplessly at me while a lady at the register waited for him to dig out ten cents. Ewww!
Next time he asked if he can pay by CC. He held his customized platinum card so everyone can see it while charming a register lady:
"Sorry, I run out of change hun."
He never left a tip.
And THAT guy complained about gold diggers all the time till most of other neighbors moved to another coffee shop.
Who is he complaining to now? LOL

no photo
Mon 11/07/16 01:17 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Mon 11/07/16 01:23 AM

Person, Not Profile: Artist Exposes How Social Media Hurts Body Image

Research suggests that too much time spent on Facebook can cause women to dislike their appearance, and can contribute to feelings of loneliness and depression.

One artist from Birmingham, Jade Johnson was so inspired by social media and the way in which it impacts people's perception of themselves that she decided to do an exhibition. Johnson is in her third year at Birmingham City University and became challenged by the impact that social media sites such as Instagram have on body image.

"After my second year of university, I was quite lost. I didn't know what to be, felt like people were trying to change me and I was changing myself to please others. I told my best friend that my profile had been created on Instagram; I never put my work on it as people just wanted to see a character and a glamorous profile, when really I am quite insecure and geeky, but no one would know that until they met me," Ms Johnson told Sputnik.

So, Jade developed a lookbook and took photographs of herself in a campaign to fight against the pressures women are under to conform to plastic surgery and dieting. The project has had a huge response.

"I created a look book of photographs and posted them on Instagram. People loved it and we had lots of messages from girls who said they feel really good about themselves," Jade Johnson told Sputnik.

However, Jade recognizes that social media can be a great platform for enabling someone to promote their business, but the pitfalls are that it sometimes makes you think things are real, when in fact many of the people look the way do because of plastic surgery.

"These profiles are unrealistic, as I can be whoever I want to be… You can see the most glamorous person on social media, but there's a lot of pressure on them to look that way," Johnson told Sputnik.

Since the exhibition was launched Jade has seen some changes in her artistry as well as in herself, as a person.

"Before this campaign, I never put my work anywhere. I always thought I wasn't good enough, yet now I feel more free to let others see it."

"Putting the look book together has made me feel excited and has motivated me to move forward," Johnson told Sputnik.

Now that Jade has launched her exhibition, she hopes that social media network bosses and those who are responsible for them will implement the necessary changes.

Coming Soon :camera: (pic on link)

A photo posted by UnEdit (@unedityourself) on Apr 7, 2016 at 6:19am PDT

"This exhibition might just open their eyes to see that there is a person behind the profiles, and that the way they are made to feel is wrong."

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160628/1042094928/social-media-body-image.html/

Live ScienceHuman Nature

Dislike: Facebook May Hurt Women's Body Image

http://www.livescience.com/44723-facebook-women-body-image.html/

* There is a lot out there on this*

Her underlined statements point at an insecurity issue. Changing her appearance helped her gain more confidence and focus on self/business (art) promotion by using a social medias.

It is interesting how a social media changed the way people interact with each other. The perception and way of using them varies from person to person. I guess it all depends on self-perception and expectations from that way of an interaction.

One thing I do not understand and it happened to me few times...

Why do people who already bumped into me in person didn't take an advantage to talk to me in a gallery, a store , etc. but waited till they recognized me on profile photos and approached me in this so called virtual world to ask me if I wanted to talk?

What could be the reasons for preferring to see someone's online profile before contacting the person you can actually talk to without a mediator (social media)?

My behavior is the same both online and offline. I am not standoffish and try to be polite and considerate.

Could some of the reasons be an insecurity, low self esteem, avoiding being ignored or rejected or maybe there are some other less benign reasons?

Some people here had truly horrible experience and that made me think about reasons why some prefer to have an online access to private information prior to establishing a communication.

I guess it it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Hmmm...as time goes by direct approach seems to be more outdated.

I'm not sure if the way we interact is more influenced by a social medias or a social medias have been shaped by real life aspirations?

no photo
Sun 11/06/16 05:03 AM
That too shall pass. Things change. ;-)

no photo
Sun 11/06/16 02:43 AM
Makes me wonder if it is normal to be weird or weird to be normal...

no photo
Sun 11/06/16 02:03 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sun 11/06/16 02:04 AM

Hawking and his Ilk start to P*$$ me of with their irrational Luddite Anxiety-Mongering!

Allow me to respectfully disagree.

I didn't notice an irrational fear, but a legitimate concern over the future use of AI technology.

It is a matter of a control.
If there is even a possibility to loose a control over a superior AI I would take it into an account.

In a history of mankind superior technology was used to conquer inferior ones. History tends to repeat.

There is nothing irrational about using logic while taking historical lessons into account.

no photo
Sun 11/06/16 01:48 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sun 11/06/16 01:51 AM

Thank you flowers
I think the inevitable is, AL with see us as inferior beings. And Yikes !

Through time... humans have long for something greater than themselves.
So IMHO, if they do not have that knowlege spirtually.... they will create it.
CERN etc..
Even to the point of their own destruction.

Nietzsche dared to ask has God created us or we created him and faced quite a reaction.
Holly Blood - Holly Grail group of authors dared to offer an interpretation different than one established by religious authorities and faced equal reaction.
Stephen Hawking has dared to share his opinions and cause some turbulence.
We are in need of someone, something greater than us to give us hope, lift us up when we fall, to make our lives more meaningful.
Just like these gentleman, I have no answers, but my life experience has taught me a lesson.
Not to look at God as a man or a man as God.
Still learning and growing.

Thanks for the flowers. Please keep posting. flowerforyou flowers

no photo
Sun 11/06/16 01:37 AM

how do you put an age restriction

Settings
Then there should be a section called limit who can mail you. There you can set age, distance, seeking. Etc.

I dont have that option :pensive: im over 19 year olds wanting to "learn new stuff from a mature woman" i would like to meet a man not boys :confused:

If only age meant maturity. Some people are stuck in the mindset of a teenagers and act like it in their 50es. That's life...
I hope you will have more luck in future.

no photo
Sun 11/06/16 01:30 AM
LOL Scoobert34
Everyone has those days :-D