Community > Posts By > GentleS0ul

no photo
Mon 11/28/16 10:07 AM
Absolutely TMommy!

Picasso's Guernica is just one of examples of reaction to the circumstances.

He used gray, black and white for a reason. There is black and white, but there are also many shades of gray. His painting captured number of emotions from desperation, fear to an ANGER. It is an anti-war statement and a great example of the powerful expression of anger as a reaction to the circumstances.

Not everyone is an artist. It would be very unreasonable to expect to find only people like Picasso on the forums.

An art of communication verbal, visual or any other type is also an art form. Verbal one is often unappreciated, especially by people hidden behind an Internet "anonymity".

no photo
Mon 11/28/16 09:41 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Mon 11/28/16 09:46 AM

I'm just wondering is there a historic linguistic connection between anger and danger or is it just a coincidence that all that separates them is a d

That is an excellent question SimpyComplicated!

Can anger be dangerous?
How about a numerous examples of the road rage... hmm, I think there is a connection.

OMG does rage have a linguistic connection to age too or it is just another coincidence?

Either way, you certainly know how to tickle the mind with interesting questions. LOL

Political, religious and sex topic are always emotionally charged. Some people do not even try to restrain their bias and constantly verbally assault others. I agree with OP. Anger is evident. And often distracting factor as well.

Anger itself is not a problem, just like any other emotion, in some cases it can be even a good motivator for self-improvement. I guess it depends on how it is channeled.

If it is not aimed at me personally I do not take it personally. I filter an anger, use an information and choose who to reply. Or not.
That's my way of dealing with it.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 12:25 PM

I like your view, GentleSOul

maybe my line of thinking and the original post has to do with " Toxic environs need to be dismissed "

That is the best way to deal with it.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 11:33 AM
If you need to wear a fake smile and they wouldn't accept you as you are that's not a true belonging.
It is just keeping up an appearance, superficial and meaningless. And cold, too. Those people do not care about you.
Maybe you might consider caring more about yourself rather than caring about people who do not really care about you?

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 11:22 AM

Funny,
I am in the same situation, long story but I have and wish to cut all ties. why you may ask.
Truly I cant give the definitive answer.

I was hurt, used , etc... yadda yadda
Maybe its the flight or fight reaction. self preservation to my sanity.

It's not a RED FLAG it's love and the risks we put ourselves in.

Nobody knows you like a deep love, and noone can hurt you so bad so deep.

Deep enough to question yourself. We grow , learn move on.

Baggage It's weather you carry it on your back or leave it in the overhead compartment and fly.

Everyone has past. Sometimes we require more time than we give ourselves to heal and become capable of starting over again.

I would rather not be quick to call it a baggage.

It might be a baggage if it left scars so deep to disable a person from being opened to new experiences without emotional distance.

Pain does that. It blinds, just like love. If encapsulated it invisibly grows stronger. Tough situation...requires a deep soul search to find the way out of it.

If one learned and applied a lessons from the past, not looking for payback from someone else, totally unrelated to the cause of pain, in future, than it not a baggage.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 11:11 AM

I may add it's strange the OP has deleted their profile too

Oh really? Thanks for an update 2b_single

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:58 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sun 11/27/16 11:02 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/democrats-must-scrutinize-keith-ellisons-anti-semitic-past-and-ties-to-radical-islam/

http://freebeacon.com/politics/muslim-brotherhood-tied-group-paid-keith-ellison-visit-mecca-2008/

http://www.americanpatriotdaily.com/latest/this-supporter-of-louis-farrakhan-wants-to-run-the-democrat-party/

Me thinks,Barry has left the Barndoor wide open,and put lots of fresh Hay in the Barn too!
All that could be done at the moment is infiltrate and take out all the Trash!
Try them for Treason,deport those who hold dual-Citizenship when they fall afoul of the Law!

I will second that Conrad_73
In democracy constitution is THE supreme law, not Quran.
It sounds like a reasonable suggestion for the future course of action.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:52 AM
You are sharp but fair. Nice attitude.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:50 AM
If you are into naturism just go ahead and enjoy it.
I will pass.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:45 AM
Sometimes an end of love leads to a beginning of a friendship. Sometimes it doesn't.
Maybe they have nothing left to say to each other, so why continue talking...I don't know anything about these people so it is hard to make any conclusions.

I wouldn't call it a red flag prior to having an honest and opened conversation with that man. Just ask him.

If he doesn't want to say a word, it might mean his wounds still didn't heal or maybe he is just too introvert and doesn't want to talk about certain life experiences.

How can you red flag it without any insight?
Try to talk to him.

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:23 AM
No need to waste words. No need to explain so much. You can't make them see if they can't or don't want to see. Not everyone is worthy an effort to begin with. Just smile. : - )

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:06 AM

What kind of question is this? Women, what do men need us for? Grief? Irritating question.

Yes, B.S. can be irritating, but there is one B.S. nobody complained about.Yet! Breakfast and sex. :-)

no photo
Sun 11/27/16 10:00 AM
Excellent topic peggy122

What do we need men for?

Each person is unique, so I can only speak for myself.

I do not need a man. It would be nice to find one who wouldn't follow me, nor would I follow him, but walk next to me, with our pasts behind us, looking forward while choosing the same direction on this journey called life.

Three words can describe him: friend, partner and lover

So far, I had a chance to try the potential partners, but not for life. For fun only. Fun rhymes with run. I did. LOL

So destiny made me single again, but didn't turn me into a sprinter or a marathon runner. I enjoy a nice walk by the lake on my own.

If our paths cross it might be a beginning of a beautiful journey.

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 09:58 AM
Hi lu_rosemary : -)

I wish I still had some of my childhood ornaments, but... :-(
Well, at least I have memories. Those can't get lost or broken while moving. Or stolen!

Christmas shopping can be a bit hectic, so I try do it a bit earlier or a bit later, after Christmas. There is always a new year, so why not take an advantage of deals this year?

A bit of planning can help with saving both money and time, so it doesn't hurt.

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 09:51 AM

It was heartbreaking after carting them around that long,
some were very delicate :-(

Now I get decorations at the dollar store and do not worry
about them at all :-)

Beautiful trees!
I miss driving around town at Christmastime and seeing
all the decorated houses, whole streets of them, then.

I hear you... Let's hope karma catches up! rant

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 09:42 AM
New lights seem to be on top of the Christmas shopping list.
You are right Annierooroo.
The prices will go down AFTER Christmas, as they always do.
I consider some of the Orthodox Christians I know very lucky because they celebrate Christmas after December 25th, do they get to choose both lights and decorations at lower price and without any stress whatsoever. That gives them both better deals and more time to prepare for the holidays.
Lucky, lucky! Well, good for them. : -)

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 09:36 AM
Someone stole your Christmas ornaments!?
That sinks Scrooge who stole Christmas on a whole new level...
Sorry to hear that soufiehere. :-(
I keep hearing about karma and sincerely hope it works.

I hope plug and play solution will work fine.

Some USB light changing Christmas trees are very cheerful.

I couldn't resist plugging this one I recently got just to see the colors. Winter is too gray.

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 08:59 AM
Although I do not mind replacing fuses or bulbs, or even buying a new set of lights I am thinking of simplifying things in future.

I am thinking about buying the fiber optic Christmas trees and matching lights.

Hmm, they look nice, but are they reliable?

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 08:53 AM

Get off the internet and go meet some real, live, women. Talk to them.

It's really not that complicated.slaphead

Good one LewisW123!

rofl

no photo
Sat 11/26/16 08:40 AM
My family didn't move a lot, but I have, so some ornaments were lost in a process. Not recently. Being at the same place for almost 20 years made storing Christmas ornaments MUCH easier. Except the glass ones. Those are very fragile. Oh well...things happen
I prefer fixing things. Not breaking them. LOL