Community > Posts By > GentleS0ul

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 10:58 AM

I'd rather be home alone, sitting around in my underwear, eating a turkey sandwich, than getting dressed up and having a five course meal with people I don't like to be with.

Same attitude here motowndowntown. It is better to have a sandwich alone, than to share a five course meal with a fake companion(s).

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 10:26 AM
Welcome to MIngle2 MIchelle. I hope you will find him.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and all the best on your quest. : -)

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 10:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving southern neighbors. : - )

no photo
Thu 11/24/16 10:16 AM
Alone and sad during the holidays?
Think of it this way...would you rather be in a relationship you left behind?
Isn't it better to live on your own, alone, but peaceful, than to feel hurt and lonely next to someone?
All good things in life require both time and effort. Perhaps you need to think about how you opened a new chapter in your life and adjust a bit?
Sometimes we repeat the same mistakes and we aren't even aware of it.
My mistake was expecting the right things from the wrong people.
I learned that not everyone is able or willing to give back what they receive and learned either to accept what people can and want to give back or to simply move on if it is not working for both sides.
I don't know much about you, so maybe I just wasted your time.
Or perhaps not. One never knows if a bit of insight can be helpful.
Happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully next one will be more cheerful.

no photo
Tue 11/22/16 08:28 AM
What are soulmates?

Two people connected on all levels (mind, body, heart and soul) taking a journey of life together and covering each others back.
They are not identical, but on the the same page, going in the same direction. Together.
It is possible, but not easy to find such a person.
Maybe it requires a bit of luck too? I don't know...

no photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:44 PM
You have a talent. It is good to hear you didn't neglect it over the years. Nice work, indeed.

no photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:42 PM

In my younger years when I used to watch amongst all other things Star Trek voyager, I remember that captain Janeway also gave explanations to the paradox of parallel universes. I did quantum jumping meditation on parallel universes. It was interesting. Maybe there are multiple earths, on which our double, triple, quadriplegic selves live different lives. Maybe on one earth Hitler won the Second World War, on another earth Kennedy wasn't assassinated , then imagine different social structures or governments all together. Are we awake really, or a product of somebody else's dream. I remember an old saying I read somewhere about a man who dreamt he was a dolphin, but when he woke up he wasn't sure was he a dolphin who dreamt that he was a man. Our eyes only see the earth we walk on, and yet the heavens are calling us to look up at the stars. When I was around 15 years old I read the book titled The Little Prince, it was very interesting, as well as The Alchemist. I believe that when we were kids we could see far more, it's the adults who taught us not to see, but to be controlled. Cheers waving winking what

Ha ha! I totally agree with that. :-)

no photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:21 PM

Is there an age we should give up on the fairy tale love and just look for companionship?

Yes.
My best guess is 108.

Ha ha! Good one soufie! LOL :- D

no photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:20 PM
Glad to see you again. Welcome back. :- )

no photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:18 PM
Oh a bit confused. Am I a magnet for A*****? Hmm... :-(

no photo
Sat 11/19/16 06:24 AM
Very nice poem.
I could feel your pain.
Sincere deep condolences. flowers

no photo
Thu 11/17/16 07:34 PM
I am very rusty, but still remember an impression HTML left.
<html>
<head>
<title>
Who else likes this topic? :-)
</title>
</head>
</html>

Ha ha! :-)

no photo
Thu 11/17/16 07:14 PM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Thu 11/17/16 07:15 PM

I agree with what you say. I also believe that there could be layers to our universe. Who's to say that as big and important we think we are, that maybe someone else is observing us under a microscope. Just like we observe micro organisms. And yet, what we see far beyond in the skies with modern technology and telescopes, different galaxies, including our own milky way, might just be blood cells in a vein to something more gigantic. I shouldn't be thinking of this, it will give me a headache. We know so little, or perhaps know nothing. :-)

Ha ha R9G6, same here.:-D
You explained and Matt Groening illustrated the universe paradox so well in one of The Simpson's intros: https://youtu.be/9OiRk56pNEk

no photo
Thu 11/17/16 06:28 PM
Our senses are far from perfect. Actually they are very limited.
Prior to the microscope invention we couldn't see microorganisms.
Only after the telescopes were invented we could let out eyes wander around the universe, not all of it.
Some forms of energy are not visible, but they are measurable with a little help from technology.
The more we learn the less we seem to understand.
One answer opens a door to many new questions.
So, there are no unusual questions, but insufficient knowledge base.
Is there more than one universe?
How about a possibility of parallel universes?
Those are very good questions.
I wish I knew the answers. :-)

no photo
Thu 11/17/16 06:06 PM
Thanks for sharing your work yetanotherusername1.
Very interesting style, indeed.
How long have you been drawing?

no photo
Mon 11/14/16 07:15 AM
Welcome back. smile2 waving

no photo
Mon 11/14/16 07:03 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Mon 11/14/16 07:08 AM
I am not going to generalize and say that nobody reads profiles. That would not be right.
I just can't believe that after writing an honest, opened and profile that left no dilemma about who I am and what I am looking for, so many people just sent an invite (to become online friends) without even a hello (and they are not on the forums) and blew kisses!?
I was tempted to reply using the language I almost never use either online or offline, so...it is all gone.
If there is any meaningful communication online it is here on the forums.
I am going to leave the profile empty and hopefully avoid having to block "hi", nudges and kisses(!?).
Thanks for sharing your opinions.
M2 Forums have very interesting members.
It is a pleasure to meet you, even just virtually.
Thanks! :-)

no photo
Sun 11/13/16 08:26 AM
Forums are perfect place to begin.
Welcome to M2.

no photo
Sun 11/13/16 07:16 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sun 11/13/16 07:21 AM

Its a bit sad really. I get that a lot too but it saved a few lives as i see what is heading my way.
Though saying that i lost a dear friend that took her life because she thought people where talking about her when they where infact sniggling about me and who i look like.(*)

Well, Mr. ColinCarlsen...that doesn't sound good. Your posts leave an impression of someone who has very intense feelings.
I might be mistaken, as I do not have a sufficient information, so this is just an impression, not an opinion.
If you are still in grief, maybe you should allow yourself a time for healing prior to getting into a new relationship?

(*)Marital Status: No answer - I hope you are not talking about your significant other. That's the only "no answer" in your profile.

no photo
Sun 11/13/16 07:03 AM
Edited by GentleS0ul on Sun 11/13/16 07:05 AM
You have been blocked on M2, but not on the phone (without any previous explanation)?
Unfortunately, such an online behavior is neither rare nor an unusual one.
Another day another person who either doesn't know what (s)he wants or just one of many mind games players... It happens.
Block this person and move on.
Better luck in future. :-)