Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Thu 11/01/07 06:01 AM
I found this post on another site by a woman and think there might be a woman who thinks like me.laugh

Recently I read about seperating yourself from your thoughts first by labeling each thought as this is only a thought, and then practicing being a higher observer of these thoughts. Its harder than it sounds at least for me. But I was wondering if you can diassociate from your thoughts and emotions and seperate your higher self from them then does that higher self have a personality? Isn't your "self" your personality your thoughts and emotions? And if you seperate from them can you "choose" a personality? Are you flat, emotionless? Sometimes that might be nice but how does that effect love and is there romantic love in that "higher" plane of conciousness? Not that it might not be nice to seperate myself from love at this moment when I'm missing someone I shouldn't.... Just a few thoughts on a cold Halloween morning.

HillFolk's photo
Thu 11/01/07 05:31 AM
Lord,
Thank you for letting me vent last night with you. Sometimes you are the only one I can turn to when the stuff hits the fan. One manic depressive pregnant nurse and one aide stressing out with studying for her LPN classes is something only you can cope with because I sure couldn't. Was real glad you were there for me and keeping the combative residents down to a survivable minimum. Sure will be glad to get this infected tooth yanked out. Thanks for listening, Lord.

HillFolk's photo
Wed 10/31/07 04:03 PM
I used to be in a hurry to have a relationship. What I really enjoy now is spending time with my friends. That was part of the problem; I didn't have any friends. Now I have lots of them. The job change really made a difference. :smile:

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 02:20 PM
I would like to get, "The Life of Brian".

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 02:14 PM
I love his movies. I have, "The Meaning of Life" and "The Quest for the Holy Grail" on dvd. Just bought them from Walmart's recently. Our public television station plays a lot of his reruns.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 02:07 PM
You got it.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 02:01 PM
While critiquing one young poet I noticed her poem on smiles. I was amazed her at insight of how a smile is more valuable than and hug and how a hug is more valuable than a kiss. She noticed that she could share a smile with anyone and they could share one back if they chose. Evidently following her logic a hug can be more personal and a kiss even more personal than that.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 12:33 PM
Wow. I didn't realize how lucky I was. I may try going to Walmart's again.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 12:17 PM
I am shy and have tried different things. Two months after my wife died I thought I would just get back on the saddle of the horse that threw me. Well that didn't work because the next one died, too. So I thought I would try getting my daughter to move in with me but she was satisfied where she was at. Then I thought well I will just remarry my ex for the third time. Luckily, I went to a meeting after that thought.laugh I thought checking myself back into rehab would be preferable to that or a rubber room.laugh So then I thought I would just go and pack everything into the car and just go live with this woman. Lasted about two weeks.laugh I couldn't get away fast enough.laugh So then I thought I would just try dating. But then the problem of money came up because of all of the bills I have. Then I thought I would move to live with my aunt. But then I really wanted to stay where I am. I really like it here and the dogs just love me. My latest thought is starting a commune.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 08:06 AM
Genesis 3:17 is really something because it looks like God is saying you should have listened to me instead of your wife.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:55 AM
It does make one wonder though if the couple was named Adam and Eve was a first name given by the man then what was the first name of the man?

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:44 AM
I guess if Adam didn't like Eve then he really couldn't blame God because God let him check out all the animals but I guess Adam was just picky and wanted something more like himself.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:37 AM
Personally I am glad that Adam was discontented with the animals. I have always prefer women over animals. But that is just me.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:33 AM
Unless of course this is saying that God is saying that the couple Adam is his children.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:31 AM
Adam and Eve didn't even have children, yet and it is like an editor was trying to make a point in Genesis 2:24.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:25 AM
If you go back to Genesis 2:24 you get what in writing is called foreshadowing and another word which I can't remember now but concerns writing about airplanes before airplanes were invented.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 07:09 AM
Wow, I never caught that he named them Adam. Kind of makes the old saying of, "I don't know you from Adam" mean something, Kat.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 06:52 AM
I am a Cypress but I like Oaks.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 06:49 AM
Sophia is the one from Sicily, lol. I posted that wrong. I haven't watched it for a while.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 10/30/07 06:41 AM
I liked Rose when she did the Snowy bleach commercials. I liked Dorothy when she was Maude. Rose really cracks me up. I like Blanche because she is from Sicily.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25