Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 01:32 PM
She is attractive but I am not attracted to her.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 01:21 PM
dot com I mean

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 01:21 PM
I went to PublishAmerica.cot I was so happy I got a whole dollar for 50 poems. That is one penny for every two poems. I was so excited I went out and bought a diet pepsi with the money.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 01:15 PM
That is wonderful. I can remember when my first set of poems were published. It really gives you validaton.flowerforyou

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 12:35 PM
Great question. I have a friend like that. The longer he has been staying off drugs I have noticed and even the women in the same group that I attend have notice that his voice is getting deeper. So far everyone but one person in the group is calling him Danielle but one guy who calls him Dan even though the guy who dresses in women's clothing calls himself Danielle. Danielle has went from wearing pink fingernail polish to wearing white fingernail polish. First time I saw Danielle I thought he was sexy. Later the guy who keeps calling Danielle took me aside and asked me, "You do know that is a guy don't you?" I said, "No". From studying Danielle over the course of a month I would say that it make him happy.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 08:11 AM
I do think Dana Scully from Xfiles is sexier than Quincy when she cuts into cadavers, though.:wink:

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 08:01 AM
I would bring the deal breaker out first like that opening scene in "Quincy" when he starts to cut into the cadaver. When you find someone still standing then you can enjoy a good conversation.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 07:36 AM
Going to make som pancakes on this big grill I got from Walmarts. I ran out of syrup so I am planning to use some blackberry jelly that didn't gell right that my mother and older sister canned a while back. I tried some last night and I liked it better than syrup.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 07:32 AM
I view JSH as purgatory now.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 07:20 AM
Philosophy of religion has classically been regarded as a part of metaphysics. In Aristotle's, Metaphysics, he described first causes as one of the subjects of his investigation. For Aristotle, the first cause was the unmoved mover, which has been read as God, particularly when Aristotle's work became prevalent again in the Medieval West. This first cause argument later came to be called natural theology by rationalist philosophers of the 17th and 18th centuries. In Aristotle's Metaphysics he also states that the word that comes closest to describing the meaning of the word God is "Understanding." Today, philosophers have adopted the term philosophy of religion for the subject, and typically it is regarded as a separate field of specialization, though it is also still treated by some, particularly Catholic philosophers, as a part of metaphysics.

It should be clear why considerations of the divine have been regarded as metaphysical. God is usually conceived to be in a distinct category of being; a being different from those of the rest of the universe. For example, God in some traditions is conceived as not having a body. Metaphysics, and in particular ontology, is concerned with the most basic categories of existence, those things that cannot be explained with reference to any other type of existence. Thus one might argue that the very notion of God (or gods, or the divine) cannot be reduced to human concepts of mind or body; God is a sui generis entity.

Unmoved mover.laugh So that is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I have been studying that for a while now.:wink:

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 06:58 AM
Red, While taking creative writing the teacher would have us all do a diary every day. Periodically she would have us turn them in. She sure critiqued mine a lot. Run on sentences; Grammatical errors; ad infinitum.laugh On one major work that was atleast five pages long she found one sentence she liked. Egads. There was one sentence she liked. laugh It was the one not rewritten by her. On one work I did six rewrites and turned them all in at once. She liked the fifth one.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 06:40 AM
Dear Diary,
Last night the nurse asked me to come to work even though it was my night off. So I drive to work but when I get there she tells me to go home because for me to work she would have to approve it with the lady who approves over time but she told me it was okay to go home because it was okay for one of the aides to work over because for him to work the shift it wouldn't be overtime. This has led me believe that I need to get a cell phone because it could help to save gas on wild goose chases. I therefore conclude that I am just an usuable commodity that can easialy be replaced. I have never felt so insigficant in all my life.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 06:14 AM
Self imposed guilt from within can hurt as much if not more than guilt from without. Let go of the guilt and you will be free.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 06:10 AM
Sometimes the honest person who breaks up the relationship is the bad guy because they are more mature and understand that to continue the relationship is to continue a lie.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 10/15/07 06:05 AM
Acceptance is the key I have found in dealing with such matters. The serenity prayer works for me.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 10/14/07 08:45 PM
James, I had similiar thoughts when I was writing my poem, "The Blessed Contradictions." I know shameless plug.:smile:

The Blessed Contradictions

Blessed be the difference
between women and men.
Blessed be friendships
that pass the test of time.

Blessed be friends who
can show anger
and still be accepted
by their friends.

Blessed be all the contradictions
that try our patience
through our ignorance
and through our pain.

Blessed be the first day
I met you when I was new.
Blessed be the frustrations
of communication and misunderstanding.

Blessed be mind-storms
and heartbreaks.
Blessed be trials
and tribulations.

Blessed be all that brought us
to this new day.
Blessed be all the time
we spent together and apart, too.

Blessed be the space
we give each other
to grow in our
separate ways.

Blessed be good times
and bad times.
Blessed be the hope
of a new day.

Blessed be the things
that brought us together
and things that
tear us apart.

Blessed be all of
our struggles
and insights
that we learn.

Blessed be children
who we watched
grow up
and been a part of our life.

Blessed be our past
with our faults
and mistakes
that we made.

Blessed be sharing
and caring.
Blessed be life
with all its ups and downs.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 10/14/07 06:31 PM
The word appears one time.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

I thought it would be interesting to view how others view religion and philosophy from being different.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 10/14/07 04:52 PM
Side By Side

When I see our picture of us side by side
With my arm around you holding you close
My heart just fills up with so much pride.
And I feel again like when we proposed
That we should be together my friend
When you were still with me long ago.
Going down some road that dead end
While turning back my arm on your elbow
As onward we went just loving to ride.
Like then I was such a happy fellow
As we were in the picture side by side.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 10/14/07 03:47 PM
Hmm, significant ex. I will have to remember that one. Makes sense now though but at one time I would have had trouble grasping that.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 10/14/07 03:44 PM
I am still working on life before death. I see a lot of people are ahead of me.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next