Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Sat 10/20/07 06:31 PM
The Shaolin Monastery (Chinese: 少林寺; pinyin: Shàolínsì; is a Chán Buddhist temple at Song Shan in the Henan province of what is now the Peoples Republic of China. The monastery was built by the Emporer Hsiao-Wen in 496 CE, and the first abbot of Shaolin was Batuo, also known as Bhadra, an Indian dhyana master who came to China in CE 464 to spread Buddhist teachings. Long famous for its association with Chinese martial arts, it is the Buddhist monastery perhaps best known to the Western world.
Bodhidharma (fl. 526/527 CE) was the Buddhist monk traditionally credited as the transmitter of Zen to China. Very little contemporary biographical information on Bodhidharma is extant, and subsequent accounts became layered with legend, but most accounts agree that he was a South Indian monk who journeyed to southern China and subsequently relocated northwards. The accounts differ on the date of his arrival, with one early account claiming that he arrived during the Liú Sòng Dynasty (420–479) and later accounts dating his arrival to the Liáng Dynasty (502–557). The accounts are, however, generally agreed that he was primarily active in the lands of the Northern Wèi Dynasty (386–534).
Although the introduction of fighting skills at the Shaolin Monastery has been attributed to the Indian monk Bodhidharma, or Ta-Mo, who came to the monastery in 527, this is, in fact, not the case. The martial disciplines that have become a signature of the Temple were not introduced until some 700 years after Bodhidharma's tenure. While Bodhidharma, as a member of the Brahmin class in India would likely be versed in both Yoga and the East Indian martial art of Kalarippayattu, he did not "invent" kung fu, as legend has it. What he did find upon his arrival at the temple was that most of the monks were suffering from poor health, and in devoting themselves exclusively to their academic work, were unable to maintain the physical rigors of contemplative practice.
They once asked Bruce Lee, the famous martial arts movie star, his opinion on negative thoughts. He said, ?Negative thoughts are like weeds in your garden. You must pull them out by the roots and destroy them.?

HillFolk's photo
Sat 10/20/07 05:27 PM
to look at

HillFolk's photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:15 PM
Do you have some story just itching to get out but think it might be just a little bit too twisted or bizzarre? Heres your chance to let the genie out of the bottle or your chance to dance around the pole.

Our story starts with Freddy Kreugar who has undergone electroshock therapy. After much psychological evaluation the therapists have found that at root of Freddy's problem with his dysfunctional antisocial behavior towards religion because his mother was a nun and his father a rapist an even more diabolical problem due to his hatred of his sister Debbie. If that isn't enough they find that he has latent homosexual tendencies and so the therapists encourage Freddy to act these tendencies out as it might discourage his violent behavior. Freddy comes to the limelight as his gay audience cheers him to the stage. Freddy who is very emotional and shy comes out of the closet. Silence is heard all over the auditorium as Freddy comes up to the microphone. The limelight falls as the curtain rises. "Debbie, this is for you. Today, Freddy does Dallas." A thunder of applause is heard through the audience. Cat calls are heard and wolf whistles.

To be continued.laugh laugh laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 10/20/07 05:53 AM
Dear Diary,
Last night was an abnormally normal night compared to normally abnormal nights that we usually have. Found out they put an Alzheimer resident in the room where there is already an Alzheimer resident. Oh, yeah thats going to work. One resput Alzheimer resident came back for the fifth time so naturally they put her in a different room each time. Gees, isn't having Alzheimer already confusing enough? Just go to your room, hon, it will be alright. Was nice that atleast I could get maintenance to grease the squeaky door that sounds like one in a haunted mansion. Atleast we have convinced them that you don't want to give an Alzheimer resident a doll because they will go crazy trying to keep the silent doll from stop crying. I know somebody must be minding the store but who?laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYzTmfV_uPk

I hope it gets better for you, Allen.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 07:17 PM
I hope atleast it beats working at McDonalds like you use to, Allen. I hope it was an improvement, anyways.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 06:17 PM
I thank God for Athiesm. I have this Athiest friend who has helped me a lot in my recovery. I tried to save him but he told me to save myself. laugh It has really helped me a lot. It reminded me of when my Athiest father taught me how to swim. He threw my sister and me in the river and told us to swim or drown. At first I panic until my survival instinct kicked in. I started kicking like a baby will I later learn in Child Psychology. It made me more aware of nature around me and how baby birds are kicked out of the nest. I think survival of the fittest has some real merits to it.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:56 PM
I love spending time with one of my sisters at reunions. We always find some way of getting away together at family reunions and escape together because we both came to the same concluion that we just handle being with these crazy people for so long.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:49 PM
Praise my ex for giving me a divorce. Ok, I will quit.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:47 PM
One thing I have found common in atleast three religions is that someone or some entity should be praised. Praise Buddha, Praise Jesus and Praise Allah. I beginning to think as long as someone or something gets praised it is nice.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:27 PM
Here is a good question I asked at work one day: "Does insanity run in your family or does it walk?"laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:23 PM
Unless it was my ex, of course, but then my ex and me got where we really never got along after a while.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:21 PM
I really don't think my mother knows anyone that crazy who would be a good match for me.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 02:09 PM
Good points. It made me think of the scripture, "Get behind me Satan." Because if Satan really does exist then I would wonder if I would want him behind my back or in front of me so I could see him coming. Stalkers, who needs them?laugh I am beginning to like critics better than stalkers. Atleast with critics you can see them coming.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 01:51 PM
Being a person whose is creative I don't have any trouble with the concept a god who could be creative. There many people who are creative so why couldn't a god be creative? Whole libraries are filled with books about creative people. I have been to school where creativity is even incouraged believe or not. Creationism doesn't bother me. I feel like I have evolved since I have been a small child so evolution doesn't bother me. Why can't a god evolve? Big bang theory doesn't bother me. If a god created it all and that god was all powerful then why couldn't the god just say, "Let there be light" and bang it happened. I have read many science books where a program or an android became sentient. Why couldn't a creative energy or a spirit become sentient? I think creativity is a wonderful thing. I remember a professor when giving a lecture to see if we were listening started making things up in a class one day just to see if anyone would question what he was saying or just keep taking notes while he was expounding theories. I liked this one creationist who told me that a airplane is made up of non-flying parts.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 01:23 PM
I have friends who know me too well. One of my friends who is a nurse told me to be careful when talking with this new aide because she has a jealous boyfriend. I think it is cool when friends watch each others' back like that.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 01:18 PM
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. The other day she chewed my ass out for being unsociable.laugh I asked how her husband was doing and she said, "Aw, he is such a grouch." You would be surprised how many women whether with boyfriends or married have told me to slow down and not to rush back to work because they don't want to sit outside by theirself during the breaks. I just love the bytch sessions and they have helped me a lot.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 01:04 PM
I have this friend who got tired of listening to me bytch about being lonely.laugh She was telling me about this girlfriend of hers who keeps having trouble with the man she likes because he is married.laugh She put in a good word for but the girlfriend said nah I was too old.laugh I am thinking ok this is starting to sound like a version of Goldilocks and the three bears; My porridge is too cold or my porridge is too hot.laugh So last night she was telling her half sister that I was single. By this time I am starting to wonder how many friends my friend has.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 10/19/07 12:40 PM
I like what you said, PacificStar. One day while working my job I copped an attitude and I asked my higher power to help me. It bothered me because every time I went to the nurses' station one of the ladies who is over the nurses and the aides kept putting all these news rules. I kept thinking they just don't understand what we go through. I mentioned it to the nurse. She said that they do undertand. I then asked why can't they just get off our back and let us do our job. Sure enough that is when my higher power started to help me because I went to an inservice and just after that while taking a break I overheard the lady who kept putting the rules up in the nurses' station say, "I am just an ulcer looking for a place to happen." And the amazing thing happened to me that seem so spiritual. I heard heard say the same thing I had said earlier, "Why can't they just get off my back and let me do my job." Eventually I got to meet people further up the ladder say the same thing even up to the administrator himself. Being an addict it made sense because it seemed like everyone had a monkey on their back and then I even noticed the doctor come in one morning venting. I thought wow this stuff really works. It is like I am just little sprocket in the wheel or just one little link in the chain. It really made my day.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Thu 10/18/07 03:12 PM
Queen Of The Abyss

She was just a void and lived in inner space.
Until one day she met a god without a face.
They were both invisible and it was serene.
But they had a fight as it became between.
The god admitted it much to her surprise.
She forgave him for the light in her eyes.
He became a black hole to makes amends.
Every since then they have been friends.